PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Video Review Question

TXDawg
04-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Why did they review SCar's play at the plate, but not the play at second?

Do they only review scoring plays? Does the HC have to request the review?

I'd really like to know because the camera angle from CF clearly showed that the dude was out at second.

Todd4State
04-14-2017, 11:30 PM
Per MSU's Twitter feed they can only review scoring plays. Although I thought that last week they reviewed a play for Kentucky that wasn't a scoring play.

3rdGen
04-14-2017, 11:38 PM
Yes if I am not mistaken they reviewed a play at first where the ball went off the glove of the first baseman and the umpire ruled it fair and they upheld the ruling after the review. Don't ask me how I remember that shit. But it is clear as day.

preachermatt83
04-15-2017, 12:21 AM
Yes if I am not mistaken they reviewed a play at first where the ball went off the glove of the first baseman and the umpire ruled it fair and they upheld the ruling after the review. Don't ask me how I remember that shit. But it is clear as day.

Foul ball calls passed the base are reviewable as well as scoring plays.

TXDawg
04-15-2017, 08:00 AM
So, basically, the play at second was not reviewable?

Gutter Cobreh
04-15-2017, 08:06 AM
I had to look it up last night:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2016-08-17/college-baseball-panel-approves-regular-season-replay-rule

The only plays that may be reviewed are:

• Deciding if an apparent home run is fair or foul.
• Deciding whether a batted ball left the playing field for a home run or a ground-rule double.
• Spectator-interference plays.
• Deciding if a batted ball is fair or foul.
• Deciding whether a fielder did or did not make a catch on a fair batted ball hit into the outfield or on any foul ball.
• Deciding scoring plays at the plate.
• Determining if a player should be ejected for a collision (illegal or malicious slides).
• Determining if a run scored on timing plays. (An example would be to determine if a base runner scored before the last out of an inning was recorded at another base.)

I seen it dawg
04-15-2017, 09:01 AM
Thanks gutter good info to clear it up.

thf24
04-15-2017, 09:24 AM
So an opponent who would have been out on a review reversal had the play been reviewable, went on to score on a review reversal a view pitches later. Same scenario, different location, hence reviewable. Doesn't seem quite right. Why only review close calls at home when they can have an equal impact on the game at any base? If they're worried about time and two many reviews, just give the coaches a limited number of challenges.

Percho
04-15-2017, 11:58 AM
Was that a, "malicious slide," at second base when the player should have been called out? Or a malicious attempted tag without the ball at third?

Percho
04-15-2017, 12:01 PM
Have a review challenge if lost count as a trip to the mound. That would cut down on challenges of throw outs at first base.