ShotgunDawg
04-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Tick tock, tick tock Freezus.

Reason2succeed
04-14-2017, 11:31 AM
Freeze is a dead man walking. I guess that's why they call him Freezus.***

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-14-2017, 11:31 AM
Oh shit, it's getting real. Lying and not cooperating don't sit well with NCAA.

msstate7
04-14-2017, 11:47 AM
How many infractions and what level?

TrapGame
04-14-2017, 11:51 AM
He's a fired coach already. It's just no one has told him yet.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-14-2017, 12:07 PM
How many infractions and what level?

Former University of Alabama assistant coach Bo Davis was found to have acted “unethically” by the NCAA and received a two-year show cause, the organization released Friday.

The Division I Committee on Infractions panel found that Davis provided “false or misleading information about impermissible recruiting contacts.” The group also stated that Davis “knowingly committed a recruiting violation” when he had contact with four prospective student-athletes at their school set up through an Alabama booster.

Alabama received a public reprimand and censure, a withholding of his replacement (Karl Dunbar) from off-campus recruiting, telephone contact from April 22, 2016 through May 31, 2016 and a $5,000 fine and a disassociation from the booster who was deemed to help set up the meeting.

Davis received a two-year show cause from April 14, 2017 through April 13, 2019 (Davis currently is the defensive line coach for Texas at San Antonio).

https://www.tidesports.com/former-alabama-assistant-bo-davis-hit-two-year-show-cause/

Reason2succeed
04-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Former University of Alabama assistant coach Bo Davis was found to have acted “unethically” by the NCAA and received a two-year show cause, the organization released Friday.

The Division I Committee on Infractions panel found that Davis provided “false or misleading information about impermissible recruiting contacts.” The group also stated that Davis “knowingly committed a recruiting violation” when he had contact with four prospective student-athletes at their school set up through an Alabama booster.

Alabama received a public reprimand and censure, a withholding of his replacement (Karl Dunbar) from off-campus recruiting, telephone contact from April 22, 2016 through May 31, 2016 and a $5,000 fine and a disassociation from the booster who was deemed to help set up the meeting.

Davis received a two-year show cause from April 14, 2017 through April 13, 2019 (Davis currently is the defensive line coach for Texas at San Antonio).

https://www.tidesports.com/former-alabama-assistant-bo-davis-hit-two-year-show-cause/

Dang, I like this new NCAA. They are actually making the punishment follow the school and not just players and coaches. Davis's replacement is being kept from recruiting for a short period of time. With that precedent OM might not have a 2018 class because there might not be any coaches available to recruit them.

CadaverDawg
04-14-2017, 12:33 PM
How do Bo's infractions line up with what Freeze and his staff have each personally been convicted of? Can we assume any show causes and show cause lengths from this news?

BrunswickDawg
04-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Dang, I like this new NCAA. They are actually making the punishment follow the school and not just players and coaches. Davis's replacement is being kept from recruiting for a short period of time. With that precedent OM might not have a 2018 class because there might not be any coaches available to recruit them.

Which they thought they could dodge by cleaning house this offseason. You just have to laugh at how they have handled this whole situation. Every move they have made they dig a deeper hole.

Chip
04-14-2017, 12:50 PM
We can't wait to tell our story...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-14-2017, 01:09 PM
And before anyone says Davis received a Level III, it was not him but another assistant that got the level III. I haven't seen what level his is, but it has to be a level I.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/new-violation-structure

WSOPdawg
04-14-2017, 02:27 PM

How do Bo's infractions line up with what Freeze and his staff have each personally been convicted of? Can we assume any show causes and show cause lengths from this news?

And how do Bo's infractions line up with Donnie Tindall's 10-year show cause? Anyone remember the facts behind Tindall? I'm hoping we can see some consistency from ruling to ruling from the NCAA.

WSOPdawg
04-14-2017, 02:33 PM
And how do Bo's infractions line up with Donnie Tindall's 10-year show cause? Anyone remember the facts behind Tindall? I'm hoping we can see some consistency from ruling to ruling from the NCAA.

Actually answering my own question: According to the NCAA website, In 2016, a Committee on Infractions panel found that the former head coach acted unethically and failed to promote an atmosphere for compliance when he directed his staff to complete fraudulent coursework for seven prospects so they could be immediately eligible to compete.

So in comparison, Tindall actually told people to fix grades for 7 recruits compared to Bo only contacting 4 recruits outside of normal recruiting times. Tindall's transgressions were a little more underhanded and deserved the 10 years. Cool, Freeze is beyond 17'd!

BrokerDawg
04-14-2017, 03:01 PM
Isn't this the guy that was the primary recruiter for Lashley, Davis and Knott?

3rdGen
04-14-2017, 03:13 PM
NACHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Approves and is looking forward to the fireworks show after the main event. Thank you for this gracious gift from the most conceited, pretentious, and vain fan base and administration in the entire NCAA.
https://media1.giphy.com/media/WJjLyXCVvro2I/200w.gif

Ifyouonlyknew
04-14-2017, 03:16 PM

Yep

Liverpooldawg
04-14-2017, 04:28 PM
How they haven't fired their entire football staff and entire athletic administration is beyond me.

Todd4State
04-14-2017, 04:56 PM
How they haven't fired their entire football staff and entire athletic administration is beyond me.

Because they're trying to hang on as long as possible. This will be Freeze's last year if the timeline goes like I think it will.

DancingRabbit
04-15-2017, 12:04 AM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NQiwvr5RrzU6YBfDXJ91TDpukJU=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6999295/FreezeNCAAArrest.jpg

msstate7
04-15-2017, 06:32 AM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NQiwvr5RrzU6YBfDXJ91TDpukJU=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6999295/FreezeNCAAArrest.jpg

That's great

BrunswickDawg
04-15-2017, 07:28 AM

Scrong

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-15-2017, 10:34 AM

Did you make that? If so, we need a NCAA sponsored bass fisherman holding a fish he caught with Freeze's head on it. #yahtzee

DancingRabbit
04-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Did you make that? If so, we need a NCAA sponsored bass fisherman holding a fish he caught with Freeze's head on it. #yahtzee

No, I just ran across it and thought I should share.

blacklistedbully
04-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Anybody else a little troubled Bama didn't get much more than a slap on the wrist? No HC responsibility? Am I reading this wrong, or does this make it possible UNM gets lighter punishment than I've been expecting?

msstate7
04-15-2017, 12:00 PM
Anybody else a little troubled Bama didn't get much more than a slap on the hand? No HC responsibility? Am I reading this wrong, or does this make it possible UNM gets lighter punishment than I've been expecting?

Saban wasn't listed in 2 level 1s... freeze is

blacklistedbully
04-15-2017, 12:03 PM
Saban wasn't listed in 2 level 1s... freeze is

Yeah, but does this set precedent for laying the wood on Freeze, but not so much UNM? Not the same, I know. More staff and boosters involved, etc. But it just seems to me Bama got off easy.

ShotgunDawg
04-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Anybody else a little troubled Bama didn't get much more than a slap on the wrist? No HC responsibility? Am I reading this wrong, or does this make it possible UNM gets lighter punishment than I've been expecting?

Nah. This is way more like the Mirando/Redmond situation and the way Bama handled it, than what OM has been going through. I do think Bama should've been docked a scholly or two like we were.

Dawgowar
04-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Saban moved on it when he confirmed it happened. UNM started waiving their hands going 'These are not the droids you are looking for...'

Percho
04-15-2017, 12:18 PM
I bet Saban sent him those trips before he went.

BayouDawg
04-15-2017, 12:30 PM
It's funny reading the bearsharts view on this. Everybody is just out to get them.

lamont
04-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Yeah, but does this set precedent for laying the wood on Freeze, but not so much UNM? Not the same, I know. More staff and boosters involved, etc. But it just seems to me Bama got off easy.

When notified there was a problem- Saban immediately dismissed the assistant and they exemplary cooperated with the NCAA
So did Mullen and State 5 years ago

What did OM do? Freeze kept his coaches another 3 years and continued to rack up more violations. See the difference?????

TUSK
04-15-2017, 12:50 PM

REC doin' werk.

blacklistedbully
04-15-2017, 01:06 PM
When notified there was a problem- Saban immediately dismissed the assistant and they exemplary cooperated with the NCAA
So did Mullen and State 5 years ago

What did OM do? Freeze kept his coaches another 3 years and continued to rack up more violations. See the difference?????

Of course I see the difference!!!!*** I already mentioned that myself. My concern is simply that Bama may have got of a little lightly, despite their cooperation. From what I have heard, the Davis situation was worse than the Miranda one. And we got hit a little harder, as well.

I'm sure UNM is going to get a lot worse. I'm just wondering if it may not be as bad as it probably should, given the relatively light punishment Bama received.

Bodaski
04-15-2017, 01:22 PM

And Simmons!

DancingRabbit
04-15-2017, 01:25 PM
Nah. This is way more like the Mirando/Redmond situation and the way Bama handled it, than what OM has been going through. I do think Bama should've been docked a scholly or two like we were.

I agree. You hired and managed the guy. I'm sure the $5,000 self-imposed fine is really going to sting.

Bodaski
04-15-2017, 01:26 PM
Of course I see the difference!!!!*** I already mentioned that myself. My concern is simply that Bama may have got of a little lightly, despite their cooperation. From what I have heard, the Davis situation was worse than the Miranda one. And we got hit a little harder, as well.

I'm sure UNM is going to get a lot worse. I'm just wondering if it may not be as bad as it probably should, given the relatively light punishment Bama received.

We self-imposed our penalties, including schollys. The NCAA didn't impose, they only accepted our self-impose penalties.

lamont
04-15-2017, 01:27 PM

Has the NCAA ruled on the Bama case yet?

lamont
04-15-2017, 01:27 PM
We self-imposed our penalties, including schollys. The NCAA didn't impose, they only accepted our self-impose penalties.

the NCAA did add 5 more games to Redmond's suspension though

WSOPdawg
04-15-2017, 02:31 PM

Rosie on the Boneyard compared the two situations as a wart (Bama, easily removable) to cancer (TCUN, quite the battle), which I can see because the two situations are so different due to TCUN's sheer # of violations, lack of contrition and failure to dismiss on-the-spot those implicated.

Liverpooldawg
04-15-2017, 02:34 PM
Saban fired the guy as soon as he found out about it.

Jack Lambert
04-15-2017, 07:15 PM
I believe his show cause allow him to continue to coach. He just can't off campus recruit for two years.

Jack Lambert
04-15-2017, 07:17 PM

No because they handled it like they should have and Saban did not know it was going on where Freeze knew and has done nothing to stop it.

Spiderman
04-15-2017, 07:37 PM

Classic