PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen, the Martin Luther of CFB is leading the Reformation

Reason2succeed
04-13-2017, 05:25 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19149025/why-stakes-high-ncaa-hq-week

In full disclosure before opening I thought this article was going to about how far up UNC and OM's butt the NCAA was going to stick their metaphorical foot.

tireddawg
04-13-2017, 06:26 PM
It goes a long way toward cleaning up what has been a pretty unseemly environment," Bowlsby said.

That's putting it mildly.

BrunswickDawg
04-13-2017, 07:39 PM
I like that Dan is leading some changes that help kids AND help coaches. Having burned out in a job that had 24/7/365 expectations, I can tell you first hand that no matter how good you are at it or how much you love your job, it can ruin your home life and you will eventually break down. The recruiting game has overwhelmed college football and turned it into something that is bad for the kids and the coaches.

BulldogBear
04-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Mostly good stuff, especially putting a stop to the at ant hiring of recruits' friends, relatives, and coaches to positions that are often made up just for them. Also glad to see camps limited. IIRC in the SEC we already limit schollies to 25 per year with no over signing. The only one I'm unsure about is the walk on thing. Won't that hurt real walk ons?

HereComesTheSpiral
04-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Of course an Auburn coach would be opposed to the not hiring someone connected to a recruit

mparkerfd20
04-14-2017, 09:54 AM
Of course an Auburn coach would be opposed to the not hiring someone connected to a recruit

Hell that's how Gus got into college ball.

Reason2succeed
04-14-2017, 11:35 AM

Gus rode Mitch Mustain into the promised land of CFB.