PDA

View Full Version : Mangum injury question

The Federalist Engineer
04-13-2017, 08:00 AM
Is he just a field player this weekend or is he completely out?

maroonmania
04-13-2017, 08:16 AM
Per Cannizaro, sounds like he is available as a field player this weekend but not as a pitcher. Of course if he gets excited and decides to take a hammer and whack his own knee that could change.

Todd4State
04-13-2017, 08:39 AM
I think they are just hoping he can play on the field this weekend. There's no guarantee on that either. I think he will probably be back by the Alabama series at the latest though if I had to guess.

Todd4State
04-13-2017, 08:39 AM
Per Cannizaro, sounds like he is available as a field player this weekend but not as a pitcher. Of course if he gets excited and decides to take a hammer and whack his own knee that could change.

Or his sister decides to get married.**

WSOPdawg
04-13-2017, 09:26 AM
He may also be limited at the plate as he may only be able to bat from the left side given the injury is the pinky and ring finger of his left hand (i.e., the two fingers closest to the knob of the bat if batting from the right side of the plate).

I'll just say that its immaturity like this that causes players to fall out of favor when draft time rolls around (more so in football and basketball).

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-13-2017, 10:03 AM

I think it's a little more to it than just "getting excited"

preachermatt83
04-13-2017, 11:53 AM

I lol'd.