PDA

View Full Version : Chloe Bibby signs with MSU Women's Basketball

Saltydog
04-12-2017, 06:45 PM
. (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2017/4/12/15276532/professional-australian-basketball-wnbl-player-chloe-bibby-inks-with-mississippi-state)...

3rdGen
04-12-2017, 06:47 PM
German

Liverpooldawg
04-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Don't link that site.

Gutter Cobreh
04-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Is it bad that I'm more excited about the women's team than I am the men's team? This addition only adds to the excitement.

It may be their run last season, but I really think I enjoy watching the women play over watching the men's game. The rule changes and refs have soured me on watching the guys.

Bully13
04-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Don't link that site.

?? What's going on?

DownwardDawg
04-12-2017, 07:18 PM
?? What's going on?

Good question.

Quaoarsking
04-12-2017, 07:23 PM
"Professional Australian basketball WNBL player Chloe Bibby inks with Mississippi State"

Liverpooldawg
04-12-2017, 08:08 PM
"Professional Australian basketball WNBL player Chloe Bibby inks with Mississippi State"

Typical of them. That is an anti-MSU site. Someday y'all will realize it.

Bothrops
04-12-2017, 08:22 PM
It seems like I read about her month's ago. Anyway, it's a great get for Vic and team.

ScoobaDawg
04-12-2017, 09:05 PM
If anyone wants to read about this. Go to the source instead.
http://www.hailstate.com/news/2017/4/12/womens-basketball-womens-hoops-signs-australian-standout-chloe-bibby.aspx

http://www.hailstate.com/images/2017/4/12/ChloeBibby_71.jpg

"I'm extremely grateful and excited to become a Bulldog," Bibby said. "It's a great opportunity to continue to improve and grow as a player and to be a part of a program that fights as hard for each as these girls did during the Final Four. That kind of team camaraderie that I witnessed, that kind of fight and determination is what I'm excited to be a part of, and hopefully we can be right back there next season.?"

The 6-foot-1 forward, who will be eligible to play beginning with the 2017-18 season, recently joined the SEABL's Bendigo Braves and through two games has averaged 21.0 points and 9.0 rebounds. After scoring 12 points in her debut with the Braves, she lit up Sandringham for 30 points and 11 rebounds in an 85-56 win last week.

"Chloe is a highly-skilled player that brings a wealth of international experience to our program at such a young age," Schaefer said. "Chloe is a versatile player who has a tremendous skillset that will allow her the opportunity to help our team right away.

"She also comes from a tremendous family. We had a great official visit with them when they came from Australia back in the fall. We appreciate them placing their trust and confidence in our staff, and we are excited to have a great player and person like Chloe joining the Bulldog family."

Bibby made the transition to the Braves after playing on the elite level for the Dandenong Rangers in the WNBL. She gained valuable experience playing against top competition, seeing action in nine games as the Rangers went on to win their sixth championship in the last eight seasons.

In the Rangers' 2016 SEABL season, Bibby notched 10.4 ppg while hitting 39.6 percent from the field, 35.9 percent from 3-point range and 79.1 percent from the free-throw line. She also grabbed 6.9 rebounds per contest.

Bibby had the opportunity to represent her country last summer, averaging a team third-best 14.2 ppg to help lead the Australia Gems to a 5-0 record and the FIBA U18 Oceania Championship. Winning that title qualified the Gems for the FIBA U19 World Championships in Italy in July.

Additionally, she played for her country at the FIBA U17 Championships in the Czech Republic, averaging 7.1 points and 4.6 rebounds per contest as the Sapphires finished the event in fifth place. She had her best rebounding effort with seven to go with nine points against the host Czech Republic. Bibby followed that contest with 14 points on 5 of 8 shooting against France.

BayouDawg
04-12-2017, 10:45 PM
What happened with that site? I've never been a fan, but do they have bearsharts writing for them or something?

MetEdDawg
04-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Schaefer is a badass and can recruit Australia but Mullen can't pull a kid from Starkville**