PDA

View Full Version : C34, you've been pretty quiet about this Bumphis/Cox ordeal.

Saltydog
09-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Know something we don't or not worried at all? What say you?

Coach34
09-13-2013, 07:21 AM
I'm not very worried about it to be honest. Cox was done playing and this is not a "rogue booster" situation. :cool:

Worst I see us doing is vacating some wins- and since we have a bunch of fans saying Mullen has yet to get a big win- they won't mind us vacating the little wins

Homedawg
09-13-2013, 07:40 AM
I don't think anything is going to happen. All the lawyers are talking. Fluker isn't. The credibility of the source is in question. We are good.

msstate7
09-13-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm not very worried about it to be honest. Cox was done playing and this is not a "rogue booster" situation. :cool:

Worst I see us doing is vacating some wins- and since we have a bunch of fans saying Mullen has yet to get a big win- they won't mind us vacating the little wins

Not worried either. Only teams with something to lose are bama (championships) and tenn (current player). A vacated win doesn't bother me

smootness
09-13-2013, 08:00 AM
It's not even a rogue booster; it has no connection to us at all.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Know something we don't or not worried at all? What say you?

Mississippi State did nothing wrong and nothing is going to happen however you know those clowns up north are going to use it in recruiting. That's the only thing I hate about it.

CJDAWG85
09-13-2013, 08:24 AM
The Yahoo writers said they will not and would not turn anything over to the NCAA. The NCAA has no authoritative power to demand it be turned over to them. The NCAA would have to dig themselves, and that should put everyone at ease.

FISHDAWG
09-13-2013, 08:27 AM
so does that mean that Mullen still hasn't beaten a SEC west team not named ole miss ? **

smootness
09-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Mississippi State did nothing wrong and nothing is going to happen however you know those clowns up north are going to use it in recruiting. That's the only thing I hate about it.

I hope they do. Yeah, State will hook you up with agents to get you into the NFL and get you paid. Don't go there!

slickdawg
09-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Tennessee has suspended Couch, their player in this, he won't play at #2 Oregon.

Banks and Fletcher won't play for State on Saturday either.

maroonmania
09-13-2013, 08:41 AM
The Yahoo writers said they will not and would not turn anything over to the NCAA. The NCAA has no authoritative power to demand it be turned over to them. The NCAA would have to dig themselves, and that should put everyone at ease.

Oh, that's no problem. The other schools should be OK but even though the writers won't turn anything over to the NCAA I'm sure Bracky will be happy to provide all evidence needed against the MSU players.

Thick
09-13-2013, 09:14 AM
so does that mean that Mullen still hasn't beaten a SEC west team not named ole miss ? **

No, Arkansas last year, 45-14.

FISHDAWG
09-13-2013, 09:24 AM
No, Arkansas last year, 45-14.
not if we have to forfeit **

Thick
09-13-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm not forfeiting it.

HancockCountyDog
09-13-2013, 09:51 AM

Will someone make sure to tell Fletcher that because he is not helping us with his quotes to the media: "Whatever happened happened. No comment.” I mean good lord, Fletcher, lets just go with No Comment. Even better, why not just say you didn't take any money or anything illegal?

slickdawg
09-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Ole Miss played an academically ineligible player last year and didn't forfeit one game.

If anything other than a memo reminding players to talk to compliance before talking to an agent comes of this, this will get very ugly.

Homedawg
09-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Will someone make sure to tell Fletcher that because he is not helping us with his quotes to the media: "Whatever happened happened. No comment.” I mean good lord, Fletcher, lets just go with No Comment. Even better, why not just say you didn't take any money or anything illegal?

It doesn't matter with us about fetcher. He had already legally signed with an agent when he got on the plane. He had declared himself for the draft. He never played another snap for us, it doesn't matter. We areok in this, relax. Everyone here wigs out about our compliance and the time we do hire a lawyer they still wig out. I don't get it.

CapitolCityDawg
09-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Honestly, this is when we as a fanbase need to take a play from the OM playbook... Prove it or STFU. As much as we hate it when they do it (because it should seemingly be very easy to prove), it is effective. Nothing will come of this and we should not play into our opponents hands by freaking out about it

starkvegasdawg
09-13-2013, 11:23 AM

Just asking because I don't know...Does it matter or not whether the reporters turn anything over when they linked PDF's of the receipts in the article? Could the NCAA just not print those out and say here is our proof?

smootness
09-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Just asking because I don't know...Does it matter or not whether the reporters turn anything over when they linked PDF's of the receipts in the article? Could the NCAA just not print those out and say here is our proof?

Well, I would think you'd need to prove they're legitimate and have an explanation for exactly how you know they are what you claim they are. Yahoo could have completely fabricated the plane ticket technically. And that story didn't prove who paid for them.

starkvegasdawg
09-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Well, I would think you'd need to prove they're legitimate and have an explanation for exactly how you know they are what you claim they are. Yahoo could have completely fabricated the plane ticket technically. And that story didn't prove who paid for them.

That is true. I just Hope Bracky doesn't volunteer the fact that they are legit to be cooperative. I am wondering if this is his watershed moment to determine whether he stays or goes.