PDA

View Full Version : Philly and tebow

Dannyripms
09-12-2013, 09:09 PM
How do you guys think tebow would do in Philly offense? Isn't it the same offense he ran in college? I really don't think Vick will hold up the whole season, he looked gimpy in that first game.

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 09:12 PM
How do you guys think tebow would do in Philly offense? Isn't it the same offense he ran in college? I really don't think Vick will hold up the whole season, he looked gimpy in that first game.

Would be a cheap backup QB for them to grab. I like it.

Coach34
09-12-2013, 09:13 PM
they dont want the drama he brings to the team as a back-up

Todd4State
09-12-2013, 09:14 PM
From what I understand, Kelly's offense is slightly different. Regardless, the bottom line on Tebow is he is going to have to complete passes to be a QB in the NFL. That's the real difference between him and Kaepernick, Vick, RG III, Cam, etc.

People want to see Tebow succeed. ESPN wants to see him succeed. Reality is a bitch.

msstate7
09-12-2013, 09:15 PM

I agree. I don't understand why Kelly drafted Matt Barkley for his offense. If (when) Vick gets hurt, philly's offense will have to change. Foles and Barkley don't fit IMO

Todd4State
09-12-2013, 09:16 PM

Do you think Tebow brings that on himself or is it the media?

msstate7
09-12-2013, 09:17 PM
From what I understand, Kelly's offense is slightly different. Regardless, the bottom line on Tebow is he is going to have to complete passes to be a QB in the NFL. That's the real difference between him and Kaepernick, Vick, RG III, Cam, etc.

People want to see Tebow succeed. ESPN wants to see him succeed. Reality is a bitch.

So foles and Barkley will run the read option better than tebow?

Todd4State
09-12-2013, 09:17 PM
I agree. I don't understand why Kelly drafted Matt Barkley for his offense. If (when) Vick gets hurt, philly's offense will have to change. Foles and Barkley don't fit IMO

These spread guys are apparently bound and determined to prove that their offense can work with a drop back passer.

msstate7
09-12-2013, 09:19 PM
These spread guys are apparently bound and determined to prove that their offense can work with a drop back passer.
Sounds familiar doesn't it? Ha

Coach34
09-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Do you think Tebow brings that on himself or is it the media?

combination of both- but moreso the media

Todd4State
09-12-2013, 09:23 PM
So foles and Barkley will run the read option better than tebow?

If I was the Eagles GM, I would have traded Foles and I wouldn't have drafted Barkley. Just because they have already made bad moves doesn't mean that they should make another bad decision in picking up Tebow. They would have been MUCH better off keeping Dennis Dixon or going after Vince Young over Tebow.

Dannyripms
09-12-2013, 09:30 PM
I would not get Vince young, he's the bad drama, tebow would e cheap being he doesn't play for anyone. And tebow won't cause problems, if anything he good for the morale of the team. I know he's not an excellent passer but he wins. Look at him in Denver. When the games on the line he finds a way to win.

angusyoung
09-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Tebow will never play QB in the nfl again. He's been given several chances and has proven that he can't do it.

Dawg61
09-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Tebow will never play QB in the nfl again. He's been given several chances and has proven that he can't do it.

Don't be so certain. The Jaguars fans are PISSED. They owner will eventually cave in to the fans and sign Tebow. Blaine Gabbert is a DISASTER. Tebow is from Jacksonville. He is the homegrown wonder child that made it big. There's lots of huge Gators fans in that area too that still see Tebow as the NC winning Heisman trophy QB and not the inaccurate passer that he is. Tebow will get another chance. 100% chance this happens.

smootness
09-12-2013, 10:17 PM
combination of both- but moreso the media

How has Tebow brought any of this on himself?

People like him, and the media tried to take advantage of this for their own profit.

Todd4State
09-12-2013, 10:32 PM
I would not get Vince young, he's the bad drama, tebow would e cheap being he doesn't play for anyone. And tebow won't cause problems, if anything he good for the morale of the team. I know he's not an excellent passer but he wins. Look at him in Denver. When the games on the line he finds a way to win.

Well, we're talking about back-up QB's here. And if Vince Young caused any problems whatsoever, I would boot him. I would suspect that he would be happy to have a job at this point in his career.

Tebow as a starter is only 9-7 including the playoffs.

If you pick-up Tebow, and he doesn't contribute- then you are going to have what happened to the Jets last year. The media saying that you aren't "giving him a chance", and etc. Vince Young? Not so much. He's just another guy at this point.

Todd4State
09-12-2013, 10:35 PM
How has Tebow brought any of this on himself?

People like him, and the media tried to take advantage of this for their own profit.

Because he refuses to play anything other than QB. He puts his team in a tough spot. He could learn how to play QB and occasionally contribute in other ways to a team.

KB21
09-12-2013, 10:37 PM

No, it isn't the same offense. This is a big misconception on the part of the fans.

Urban Meyer's offense is not built around the zone read. It is built around the power running game, and the zone read is simply a part of it.

Chip Kelly's offense is actually built around the zone read. They not only run the zone read off the inside zone, they will run it off the outside zone as well. That is the largest percentage of running plays they run.

In Urban's offense, the counter is probably the most used running play, but Urban will run a lot of inside zone, counter, veer, and power with a few jet sweeps mixed in for good measure. When he had Tebow, Tebow was his inside running threat. Instead of having the back run the counter and power, they ran a lot of QB counter and QB power with Tebow.

deltadawg99
09-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Whoa I thought he was spotted playing golf at Old Waverly with Dan Marino and Spurrier on Wednesday

DownwardDawg
09-13-2013, 06:14 AM

The only chance I saw him get he took his team to the playoffs and won a playoff game. I'm not saying he's a good QB, but he showed he's a winner. He looks horrible throwing the ball but the Jaquars are stupid for not picking him up. And how good is the QB play on the Jets right now?

angusyoung
09-13-2013, 07:02 AM
The only chance I saw him get he took his team to the playoffs and won a playoff game. I'm not saying he's a good QB, but he showed he's a winner. He looks horrible throwing the ball but the Jaquars are stupid for not picking him up. And how good is the QB play on the Jets right now?

This is just wrong. Their defense led that playoff run. Also they had two of the luckiest turn of events during the regular season that led to wins.

In no way was Tebow responsible for that. He was and is a detriment to an offense.

msstate7
09-13-2013, 07:17 AM
This is just wrong. Their defense led that playoff run. Also they had two of the luckiest turn of events during the regular season that led to wins.

In no way was Tebow responsible for that. He was and is a detriment to an offense.

To say tebow was the sole reason is wrong, but to say he had no part is just as wrong. The broncos were 1-4 when he took over as starter. The broncos were 5-16 with tebow on team before he started. They started 1-4 without him and finished 7-4. They went 1-1 in playoffs (300 yards passing in the win)

msstate7
09-13-2013, 07:24 AM

Also Denver went from being terrible running the ball to the best in the nfl. Think a running game helps a defense? I do

angusyoung
09-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Also Denver went from being terrible running the ball to the best in the nfl. Think a running game helps a defense? I do

Listening to people defend Tebow is hilarious.

He's a terrible nfl QB. Everyone that knows anything about the nfl knows this. Any team that made him their starter for the full 16 games would suck. They may win 5-6 games. And I mean any team.

All the Tebow defenders love to spout stats but the real deal is he's no good in the nfl. None of you would actually hope that he would be named the starter of the team you pull for.

msstate7
09-13-2013, 07:46 AM
Listening to people defend Tebow is hilarious.

He's a terrible nfl QB. Everyone that knows anything about the nfl knows this. Any team that made him their starter for the full 16 games would suck. They may win 5-6 games. And I mean any team.

All the Tebow defenders love to spout stats but the real deal is he's no good in the nfl. None of you would actually hope that he would be named the starter of the team you pull for.

You're arguing hypotheticals against a fact. Denver did make him a starter and he won 7 and 1 playoff win. That kinda puts a hole in your 5-6 game theory.

I'm not saying tebow is a good qb, but he was successful as a starter even if it was ugly

angusyoung
09-13-2013, 07:58 AM
You're arguing hypotheticals against a fact. Denver did make him a starter and he won 7 and 1 playoff win. That kinda puts a hole in your 5-6 game theory.

I'm not saying tebow is a good qb, but he was successful as a starter even if it was ugly

Take away what happened in the dolphins game and the bears game and he's at 5 wins.

msstate7
09-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Take away what happened in the dolphins game and the bears game and he's at 5 wins.

Take away the losses to chiefs and lions and he's back at 7. Come on man...

angusyoung
09-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Take away the losses to chiefs and lions and he's back at 7. Come on man...

You are right. We will just have to wait until he is the starting QB again. Oh wait

smootness
09-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Msstate7 brought up a good point; the Broncos became an incredible rushing offense. No, he didn't pass all that well...though he did make some throws when they absolutely had to have them.

And no, I don't think he'll ever be a great NFL QB. But people try to compare him to Brady, Manning, etc., and he's just a different guy. Yes, you would have to completely change your offense with him at QB. You would become a 70% run, pound it right at them, type of team. But that doesn't mean it is doomed to fail. He can run that offense effectively, even in the NFL.

And angus, your argument here is incredibly weak. You claim he could never do something he's already done, then try to claim that what actually happened didn't happen? I get that you think that year was a complete fluke, that's fine. But it did happen.

Coach34
09-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Tebow alienates the WR's on your team- they ****ing hate to block. And most teams have invested alot of money in their WR's- so they want those guys happy.
He also alienates some of the D- because they feel the burden is on their shoulders too much.

NFL is different from college football.

Could Tebow QB another team to the playoffs? Probably. Bad thing is- the Jets would be perfect for him. Good D, Good OL, solid RB's, below average WR's

msstate7
09-13-2013, 08:14 AM
You are right. We will just have to wait until he is the starting QB again. Oh wait

I'm not arguing with you there. Barring urban Meyer becoming a pro coach, I think tebow is done as an nfl qb. I don't like it, but it's most likely the case

smootness
09-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Tebow alienates the WR's on your team- they ****ing hate to block. And most teams have invested alot of money in their WR's- so they want those guys happy.
He also alienates some of the D- because they feel the burden is on their shoulders too much.

I realize all of this. I understand why NFL teams don't want him as their QB. I just think he would be far from the worst QB in the history of the league, as many try to claim.

It is funny, regardless of the reasons, that a QB got one shot as a starter, completely turned his team's hopes around and won a playoff game, and then was deemed unfit to start without getting another chance.

Bullmutt
09-13-2013, 11:24 AM
All the reasons I hear people cite as to why Tebow will never succeed as an NFL QB are the same things that were said about Tom Matte back in the day. Looking back, guy did OK when the chips were down.