PDA

View Full Version : Mangun, Alexander, Self, & Stoval...

Political Hack
04-11-2017, 10:10 AM
All have broken hands or digits... Combine that with the TJ's and it's a miracle we can take the field right now.

mstatefan91
04-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Mangum came back with a broken hand? I somehow missed that.. shit

The last I heard was that the wrist was negative on the x-ray.

weblow
04-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Has this been announced with Mangum? Canni said after the game Sunday that X-rays were negative and expected him to play tonight. Had this changed?

Political Hack
04-11-2017, 11:38 AM
I was told this today, but depending on location and how severe he could still play. I'll follow up again and see what's up, but told he's got a boxer's fracture. Haven't been told he's out though, so I'd have to think he's suiting up if Canni said so.

diamonddawg17
04-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Self just pitched twice this weekend. Didn't seem to have anything wrong.

Political Hack
04-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Self just pitched twice this weekend. Didn't seem to have anything wrong.

don't know which hand or when it happened, but his fist met up with someone's head.

maroonmania
04-11-2017, 12:37 PM
I was told this today, but depending on location and how severe he could still play. I'll follow up again and see what's up, but told he's got a boxer's fracture. Haven't been told he's out though, so I'd have to think he's suiting up if Canni said so.

Look, its one thing to have intensity and get excited over a good play but what Mangum did the other day after scoring on the triple and error was nothing other than acting like an idiot. Heck, even after taking the 3 run lead there were still 3 more innings to go. I couldn't believe him over there punching concrete walls at the time it happened and it is just SO MState that he now has a possible fractured hand that will not only effect his batting, but maybe even more importantly for us, his pitching. Utterly freaking ridiculous. At least when Cohen in his playing days used to throw a bat or punch a wall it was over striking out or losing a game, not because he got a big hit.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
04-11-2017, 12:43 PM
never punch a wall - learned that in 7th grade

Tbonewannabe
04-11-2017, 01:02 PM
What the hell. Dead Indians got nothing better to do?

Political Hack
04-11-2017, 01:03 PM
never punch a wall - learned that in 7th grade

You never win that fight.

JoseBrown
04-11-2017, 02:10 PM
When my son had a boxer's fracture in high school the dr held him out of baseball for a few weeks till the X-ray looked better. He had a cinder block wall get in the way of his fist as well. Said he could play thru the pain, but it wouldn't heal correctly unless he rested it. He was the ace and the leader in hr's.

mstatefan91
04-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Look, its one thing to have intensity and get excited over a good play but what Mangum did the other day after scoring on the triple and error was nothing other than acting like an idiot. Heck, even after taking the 3 run lead there were still 3 more innings to go. I couldn't believe him over there punching concrete walls at the time it happened and it is just SO MState that he now has a possible fractured hand that will not only effect his batting, but maybe even more importantly for us, his pitching. Utterly freaking ridiculous. At least when Cohen in his playing days used to throw a bat or punch a wall it was over striking out or losing a game, not because he got a big hit.

It's even more comical that the official word is that he injured it when diving into 3rd... Right.. so someone with an injured hand gets so jacked that he forgets the pain and starts punching a wall.. :p

Simply put, don't punch walls.

CarolinaDawgs
04-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Common theme from us to punch walls. Dakota Hudson broke his hand hitting the wall after the OM game a couple years ago. At least he(Dakota) did it cause he was pissed. Mango was happy lol

somebodyshotmypaw
04-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Anybody who purposely punches a wall and breaks their hand is an idiot. An absolute moron.