PDA

View Full Version : Howland Denies Garrison Brooks Release from LOI

TheRef
04-11-2017, 08:33 AM
Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
Four-star center Garrison Brooks told ESPN that Mississippi State has denied his release from LOI. "Coach Howland doesn't want me to leave."

8:24am ? 11 Apr 2017 ? ShortstopBeta

Leeshouldveflanked
04-11-2017, 08:40 AM
If another SEC school wasn't involved it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Jarius
04-11-2017, 08:41 AM
Good for us

CadaverDawg
04-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Good.

Saltydog
04-11-2017, 08:47 AM
NT

Liverpooldawg
04-11-2017, 08:49 AM
That's exactly what we needed to do.

maroonmania
04-11-2017, 08:52 AM
Its beyond ridiculous that he would even have the nerve to ask us for one. I am curious though, and I haven't really seen anyone say for sure, but what is his situation if he does go to another P5 school without a release? Is it like a transfer leaving without a release where he has to pay his own way the first year but would still only sit out one year? I mean I have still seen no confirmation that he is coming to MSU.

TheRef
04-11-2017, 09:02 AM
Its beyond ridiculous that he would even have the nerve to ask us for one. I am curious though, and I haven't really seen anyone say for sure, but what is his situation if he does go to another P5 school without a release? Is it like a transfer leaving without a release where he has to pay his own way the first year but would still only sit out one year? I mean I have still seen no confirmation that he is coming to MSU.

His options are enroll in the Fall, or go to Prep school.

Irondawg
04-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Everything I read is that in this situation the poor kid is caught in the middle. I don't get the feeling that Garrison really wanted out adly or they would have worked something out. I think the request was potentially to appease momma and in this case Howland just has to play the bad guy

shannondawg
04-11-2017, 09:24 AM
Everything I read is that in this situation the poor kid is caught in the middle. I don't get the feeling that Garrison really wanted out adly or they would have worked something out. I think the request was potentially to appease momma and in this case Howland just has to play the bad guy

I agree 100%, that shuts mama up, and he gets to do what he wanted to do in first place.

Bothrops
04-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Good for Coach Howland.

KB21
04-11-2017, 10:03 AM
That is my feeling. I don't think Garrison wants to leave. I think this is all on his mother trying to get back at her ex. I also think Bruce Pearl is behind this and has tampered with this situation. He really is a cheating SOB, so he fits in really well at Auburn.

fader2103
04-11-2017, 10:10 AM
I don't know what to think of this situation. Some on here are saying good for Howland, but if it was a coach from another team blocking someone coming to State this board would be up in arms about the coach (Petrino earlier this week), but if the player wants to stay and its another person interfering with that then I get it.
If Garrison really wants to stay here then good for Howland, but if he wants to leave willingly on his own accord then it makes Howland look bad IMO.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-11-2017, 10:33 AM
I don't know what to think of this situation. Some on here are saying good for Howland, but if it was a coach from another team blocking someone coming to State this board would be up in arms about the coach (Petrino earlier this week), but if the player wants to stay and its another person interfering with that then I get it.
If Garrison really wants to stay here then good for Howland, but if he wants to leave willingly on his own accord then it makes Howland look bad IMO.

This is a really unique situation with his father being a coach here and his mom wanting him to be anywhere but where his dad is. There aren't many other situations like this in the past where there was this much family drama.

mstatefan91
04-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Good.

That's all I have to say about it atm.

Bothrops
04-11-2017, 10:49 AM

Garrison wants to be here.

Jarius
04-11-2017, 10:54 AM
what could his mother possibly hold over his head? He's a grown up. If He needs money, his father is an SEC basketball coach. Grow a pair of balls son.

Bully13
04-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Sounds like we have a "hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn " deal going on.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-11-2017, 10:58 AM
From the Mom:

We’re not done with the appeal process. We will go to the ends of the earth because Garrison does not want to attend Mississippi State. Contrary to what people think, this is not his mother’s decision. Yes there is friction between his parents, because I don’t think any kid should be railroaded into protecting a person’s job or doing something for his parents. This is his life. I’m prepared to retain an attorney. I’ve spoken with Mississippi State. I tried to resolve this amicably. Just release the kid. He clearly does not want to go.

Garrison has another appeal with the NLI. There’s another process that we can go through that would put everyone out there. It could put his dad as a coach out there. How did he come to this decision? Was there bad advice on his behalf? How did he make this decision without his mother? How did his dad sign the NLI if he isn’t the custodial parent? There’s a lot of things that the media does not know. I’ve never even seen the NLI. Garrison has never been a resident of Mississippi. He doesn’t even live there. His father really had no right to sign the NLI. Mississippi State knew that and they shouldn’t have allowed it. That’s why I’m questioning that part.

My appeal to them as an institution is to release the kid if he doesn’t want to go there. Don’t bring a firestorm of rumors and allegations. You don’t want those problems with a new athletics director. His dad could easily go in there and say “hey, hey, hey, it’s time to stop this. My son doesn’t want to go.” That would be what I would do. But he’s not standing up for Garrison.

My thing is we’re going to take this to the end of the earth. If that means we have to lawyer up, fight fire with fire, we’re going to see this to the end. Garrison does not intend to play basketball for Mississippi State. He doesn’t plan on going to juco. If he has to go to prep school, that’s fine, we’ll do that. But he’s not playing for Mississippi State because he doesn’t want to. He doesn’t feel that it’s a good fit. He feels like he made an emotional decision.

My thing is I want people to get it right. This isn’t an issue of a mother trying to enforce something. This is a kid who has come to me and said “mom, I don’t want to go there. What can I do?” Me being the mother that I’ve been for 17 years, I’m going to go tooth and nail for him. I feel like he’s been railroaded. I feel like he’s been misrepresented.

That is not what I’m going to allow. Garrison is a good kid. He’s a good student. He’s a good athlete. He deserves better than what we’re receiving right now.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2017/4/11/15258852/garrison-brooks-mother-issues-statement-regarding-brooks-nli

maroonmania
04-11-2017, 11:06 AM
From the Mom:

We’re not done with the appeal process. We will go to the ends of the earth because Garrison does not want to attend Mississippi State. Contrary to what people think, this is not his mother’s decision. Yes there is friction between his parents, because I don’t think any kid should be railroaded into protecting a person’s job or doing something for his parents. This is his life. I’m prepared to retain an attorney. I’ve spoken with Mississippi State. I tried to resolve this amicably. Just release the kid. He clearly does not want to go.

Garrison has another appeal with the NLI. There’s another process that we can go through that would put everyone out there. It could put his dad as a coach out there. How did he come to this decision? Was there bad advice on his behalf? How did he make this decision without his mother? How did his dad sign the NLI if he isn’t the custodial parent? There’s a lot of things that the media does not know. I’ve never even seen the NLI. Garrison has never been a resident of Mississippi. He doesn’t even live there. His father really had no right to sign the NLI> Mississippi State knew that and they shouldn’t have allowed it. That’s why I’m questioning that part.

My appeal to them as an institution is to release the kid if he doesn’t want to go there. Don’t bring a firestorm of rumors and allegations. You don’t want those problems with a new athletics director. His dad could easily go in there and say “hey, hey, hey, it’s time to stop this. My son doesn’t want to go.” That would be what I would do. But he’s not standing up for Garrison.

My thing is we’re going to take this to the end of the earth. If that means we have to lawyer up, fight fire with fire, we’re going to see this to the end. Garrison does not intend to play basketball for Mississippi State. He doesn’t plan on going to juco. If he has to go to prep school, that’s fine, we’ll do that. But he’s not playing for Mississippi State because he doesn’t want to. He doesn’t feel that it’s a good fit. He feels like he made an emotional decision.

My thing is I want people to get it right. This isn’t an issue of a mother trying to enforce something. This is a kid who has come to me and said “mom, I don’t want to go there. What can I do?” Me being the mother that I’ve been for 17 years, I’m going to go tooth and nail for him. I feel like he’s been railroaded. I feel like he’s been misrepresented.

That is not what I’m going to allow. Garrison is a good kid. He’s a good student. He’s a good athlete. He deserves better than what we’re receiving right now.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2017/4/11/15258852/garrison-brooks-mother-issues-statement-regarding-brooks-nli

She says she is fine with him going to prep school so sounds like her problem is solved, he can do that. But personally, I don't have a clue on how you would trust anything she is saying. She is saying a lot of things that, to my knowledge, Garrison has never ever said. The other thing that stands out like a sore thumb on this is where was all of this mother's outrage 6 MONTHS ago when the NLI was signed and announced. She's waited 6 months to ask for the release and show her outrage on how his signing went down?

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2017, 11:06 AM
From the Mom:

Garrison has another appeal with the NLI. There’s another process that we can go through that would put everyone out there. It could put his dad as a coach out there. How did he come to this decision? Was there bad advice on his behalf? How did he make this decision without his mother? How did his dad sign the NLI if he isn’t the custodial parent? There’s a lot of things that the media does not know. I’ve never even seen the NLI. Garrison has never been a resident of Mississippi. He doesn’t even live there. His father really had no right to sign the NLI. Mississippi State knew that and they shouldn’t have allowed it. That’s why I’m questioning that part.

Something isn't passing the smell test here. Not sure I've witnessed many family situations as toxic as this one appears & it's sad that Garrison appears to be caught up in it.

Honestly, I'm not sure I want the kid as part of our basketball program, but out of principle, I don't believe you can release him because "he changed his mind."

I'm positive that there is a ton of behind the scenes pieces to this story that we have no clue about & likely would completely alter the way this situation is viewed.

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2017, 11:08 AM
She says she is fine with him going to prep school so sounds like her problem is solved, he can do that. But personally, I don't have a clue on how you would trust anything she is saying. She is saying a lot of things that, to my knowledge, Garrison has never ever said.

That's a great point. I'd like to see some quotes from Garrison.

How come we never see those?

Liverpooldawg
04-11-2017, 11:12 AM
From the Mom:

We?re not done with the appeal process. We will go to the ends of the earth because Garrison does not want to attend Mississippi State. Contrary to what people think, this is not his mother?s decision. Yes there is friction between his parents, because I don?t think any kid should be railroaded into protecting a person?s job or doing something for his parents. This is his life. I?m prepared to retain an attorney. I?ve spoken with Mississippi State. I tried to resolve this amicably. Just release the kid. He clearly does not want to go.

Garrison has another appeal with the NLI. There?s another process that we can go through that would put everyone out there. It could put his dad as a coach out there. How did he come to this decision? Was there bad advice on his behalf? How did he make this decision without his mother? How did his dad sign the NLI if he isn?t the custodial parent? There?s a lot of things that the media does not know. I?ve never even seen the NLI. Garrison has never been a resident of Mississippi. He doesn?t even live there. His father really had no right to sign the NLI. Mississippi State knew that and they shouldn?t have allowed it. That?s why I?m questioning that part.

My appeal to them as an institution is to release the kid if he doesn?t want to go there. Don?t bring a firestorm of rumors and allegations. You don?t want those problems with a new athletics director. His dad could easily go in there and say ?hey, hey, hey, it?s time to stop this. My son doesn?t want to go.? That would be what I would do. But he?s not standing up for Garrison.

My thing is we?re going to take this to the end of the earth. If that means we have to lawyer up, fight fire with fire, we?re going to see this to the end. Garrison does not intend to play basketball for Mississippi State. He doesn?t plan on going to juco. If he has to go to prep school, that?s fine, we?ll do that. But he?s not playing for Mississippi State because he doesn?t want to. He doesn?t feel that it?s a good fit. He feels like he made an emotional decision.

My thing is I want people to get it right. This isn?t an issue of a mother trying to enforce something. This is a kid who has come to me and said ?mom, I don?t want to go there. What can I do?? Me being the mother that I?ve been for 17 years, I?m going to go tooth and nail for him. I feel like he?s been railroaded. I feel like he?s been misrepresented.

That is not what I?m going to allow. Garrison is a good kid. He?s a good student. He?s a good athlete. He deserves better than what we?re receiving right now.

If that's the case then no way in heck should we release him. She is saying he just changed his mind. Open and shut case, you hold him to his contract. I wonder what Pearl is saying to them?

Jack Lambert
04-11-2017, 11:13 AM

Mothers of America meek and mild.
Say goodbye to your sweet child.
We're gonna make him drill.
We're gonna make him run.
We're gonna make some changes in your sweet son!

Oh yeah! Hear we go! One Went to Vietnam, two we had lot of fun, three smoked a little grass four kick some charlies ass. One, two three four United States Marine Corp. Ooh Rah!

Left right leyo! Low righta leyo. Left right leyo.

maroonmania
04-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Something isn't passing the smell test here. Not sure I've witnessed many family situations as toxic as this one appears & it's sad that Garrison appears to be caught up in it.

Honestly, I'm not sure I want the kid as part of our basketball program, but out of principle, I don't believe you can release him because "he changed his mind."

I'm positive that there is a ton of behind the scenes pieces to this story that we have no clue about & likely would completely alter the way this situation is viewed.

Sounds like she is just throwing stuff against a wall to see what sticks. For example she says "Garrison has never been a resident of Mississippi. He doesn’t even live there." Well what does that have to do with the price of eggs as it relates to an NLI?

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
04-11-2017, 11:15 AM

completely different situation IMO. Wiggins signed his NLI & enrolled at Georgia, completing the obligation he agreed to. He was allowed to transfer to Louisville, and graduated, completing the obligation he had to Louisville & Petrino. Brooks signed a contract to enroll at MSU, and we have no obligation to void that contract without reasonable extenuating circumstances, per NCAA rules. A change of heart does not warrant extenuating circumstances.

From nationalletter.org:
"What happens if I change my mind about attending the institution with which I signed?

And I want to attend another NLI institution instead:
- The NLI basic penalty is that you lose one year of competition in all sports and must serve one year in residence at your next NLI institution."

"In general, the committee determines what constitutes extenuating on a case-by-case basis. However, examples may include illness of the student, illness or death of a parent or financial hardship of the student's family which prevent the student from attending the signing institution. "

mstatefan91
04-11-2017, 11:18 AM
He signed the NLI. It's over. Going to prep school would be an awful decision, and Garrison is not doing himself any favors by listening to his mother. Just my 2 cents

Wish him and his the best and hope he is in Maroon and White in the Fall but if not, good luck.

maroonmania
04-11-2017, 11:24 AM
completely different situation IMO. Wiggins signed his NLI & enrolled at Georgia, completing the obligation he agreed to. He was allowed to transfer to Louisville, and graduated, completing the obligation he had to Louisville & Petrino. Brooks signed a contract to enroll at MSU, and we have no obligation to void that contract without reasonable extenuating circumstances, per NCAA rules. A change of heart does not warrant extenuating circumstances.

From nationalletter.org:
"What happens if I change my mind about attending the institution with which I signed?

And I want to attend another NLI institution instead:
- The NLI basic penalty is that you lose one year of competition in all sports and must serve one year in residence at your next NLI institution."

"In general, the committee determines what constitutes extenuating on a case-by-case basis. However, examples may include illness of the student, illness or death of a parent or financial hardship of the student's family which prevent the student from attending the signing institution. "

Ok, from that it sounds like, without the release, he could enroll somewhere else this Fall, lose his freshman year while he sits out (I guess paying his own way), and then be eligible in 2018 and go on scholarship as a SO at that time? Is that the correct interpretation?

chainedup_Dawg
04-11-2017, 11:25 AM
From the Mom:

We?re not done with the appeal process. We will go to the ends of the earth because Garrison does not want to attend Mississippi State. Contrary to what people think, this is not his mother?s decision. Yes there is friction between his parents, because I don?t think any kid should be railroaded into protecting a person?s job or doing something for his parents. This is his life. I?m prepared to retain an attorney. I?ve spoken with Mississippi State. I tried to resolve this amicably. Just release the kid. He clearly does not want to go.

Garrison has another appeal with the NLI. There?s another process that we can go through that would put everyone out there. It could put his dad as a coach out there. How did he come to this decision? Was there bad advice on his behalf? How did he make this decision without his mother? How did his dad sign the NLI if he isn?t the custodial parent? There?s a lot of things that the media does not know. I?ve never even seen the NLI. Garrison has never been a resident of Mississippi. He doesn?t even live there. His father really had no right to sign the NLI. Mississippi State knew that and they shouldn?t have allowed it. That?s why I?m questioning that part.

My appeal to them as an institution is to release the kid if he doesn?t want to go there. Don?t bring a firestorm of rumors and allegations. You don?t want those problems with a new athletics director. His dad could easily go in there and say ?hey, hey, hey, it?s time to stop this. My son doesn?t want to go.? That would be what I would do. But he?s not standing up for Garrison.

My thing is we?re going to take this to the end of the earth. If that means we have to lawyer up, fight fire with fire, we?re going to see this to the end. Garrison does not intend to play basketball for Mississippi State. He doesn?t plan on going to juco. If he has to go to prep school, that?s fine, we?ll do that. But he?s not playing for Mississippi State because he doesn?t want to. He doesn?t feel that it?s a good fit. He feels like he made an emotional decision.

My thing is I want people to get it right. This isn?t an issue of a mother trying to enforce something. This is a kid who has come to me and said ?mom, I don?t want to go there. What can I do?? Me being the mother that I?ve been for 17 years, I?m going to go tooth and nail for him. I feel like he?s been railroaded. I feel like he?s been misrepresented.

That is not what I?m going to allow. Garrison is a good kid. He?s a good student. He?s a good athlete. He deserves better than what we?re receiving right now.

and there it is.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Garrison's comments on his signing day...
Brooks announced his decision to attend and play for Mississippi State on Wednesday morning — the first day of college basketball’s early signing period — in front of a packed crowd at Auburn High’s New Gym. The four-star prospect then made it official by signing his National Letter of Intent.

"I knew for a couple of weeks," Brooks said about his decision, "but I took a couple of days just to make sure this is where I think is best for me. And this is where I think is best for me.

"It’s a monkey off my back, really."

Brooks’ father, George Brooks, is an assistant on the Mississippi State staff.

"[That] does mean a lot to me," Brooks said. "I never got a chance to play for my dad and all my friends play for their dad, so it means something.

"It meant a lot but it wasn’t the only thing that factored in. It was one of the main factors but the other stuff factored in with it."

For Brooks, a strong relationship with the entire Mississippi State coaching staff was among the most significant factors. Shortly after Ben Howland was hired as the team's head basketball coach on March 23, 2015, Brooks said he began communicating with him.

"They developed a relationship with me from day one," Brooks said. "When coach Howland got the job, the week after, I started talking to him like immediately."

Eventually, on April 8, Brooks had an in-home visit from Howland.

"How much they have invested in me in the past two years made me feel really good about the situation," Brooks said.

Playing time and the chance to have an immediate impact were other big draws in Brooks' mind. He estimated that he will be playing around 30 minutes for Auburn High this season, and in college, "I don’t want a huge decrease, like to go down to 10 minutes," he said. "I don’t want to do that. I want to go somewhere where I get a chance to compete and start and play a whole lot."

Brooks will have that at Mississippi State.

"I saw what the four-man did in the system for coach Howland last year," Brooks said, "but I think I’ll have a bigger impact than he had."

maroonmania
04-11-2017, 11:33 AM
Garrison's comments on his signing day...
Brooks announced his decision to attend and play for Mississippi State on Wednesday morning — the first day of college basketball’s early signing period — in front of a packed crowd at Auburn High’s New Gym. The four-star prospect then made it official by signing his National Letter of Intent.

"I knew for a couple of weeks," Brooks said about his decision, "but I took a couple of days just to make sure this is where I think is best for me. And this is where I think is best for me.

"It’s a monkey off my back, really."

Brooks’ father, George Brooks, is an assistant on the Mississippi State staff.

"[That] does mean a lot to me," Brooks said. "I never got a chance to play for my dad and all my friends play for their dad, so it means something.

"It meant a lot but it wasn’t the only thing that factored in. It was one of the main factors but the other stuff factored in with it."

For Brooks, a strong relationship with the entire Mississippi State coaching staff was among the most significant factors. Shortly after Ben Howland was hired as the team's head basketball coach on March 23, 2015, Brooks said he began communicating with him.

"They developed a relationship with me from day one," Brooks said. "When coach Howland got the job, the week after, I started talking to him like immediately."

Eventually, on April 8, Brooks had an in-home visit from Howland.

"How much they have invested in me in the past two years made me feel really good about the situation," Brooks said.

Playing time and the chance to have an immediate impact were other big draws in Brooks' mind. He estimated that he will be playing around 30 minutes for Auburn High this season, and in college, "I don’t want a huge decrease, like to go down to 10 minutes," he said. "I don’t want to do that. I want to go somewhere where I get a chance to compete and start and play a whole lot."

Brooks will have that at Mississippi State.

"I saw what the four-man did in the system for coach Howland last year," Brooks said, "but I think I’ll have a bigger impact than he had."

Poor guy. Really feel sorry about how we forced him into signing with us after reading that.***

Ifyouonlyknew
04-11-2017, 11:45 AM
I expect he ends up at Prep School.

blacklistedbully
04-11-2017, 11:48 AM
That psycho bitch is actually threatening us! I say screw her and the horse she rode in on. One can't capitulate to sleezy shit like that, or one is doomed to have it happen again.

She wants to fight fire with fire and lawyer up? OK, let's send our lawyers in and make it as expensive as hell for her and her attorney. And while we're at it, let's notify AU we will look into possible tampering, and get sworn testimony on the matter when this POS takes us to trial.

gtowndawg
04-11-2017, 11:51 AM
From the Mom:

I need a ruling. Is it ok to refer to your own son as "the kid"...multiple times in fact.

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2017, 11:51 AM

What's your take?

What is the driver here?

If the kid had it his way, what would he want?

KentuckyDawg13
04-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Mama's apron strings getting in the way of her objectiveness.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-11-2017, 11:56 AM
What's your take?

What is the driver here?

If the kid had it his way, what would he want?

People trying to make sense of the situation should just stop. It's not a normal situation let's just leave it at that.

Again we all know who/what is driving this.

To be at MSU like he signed up for.

This isn't a typical situation & most people can't wrap their minds around the situation. I wish Garrison the best.

MarketingBully
04-11-2017, 11:57 AM

I'm afraid you are right unless someone can talk some sense into the mom or Garrison grows a pair and gets away from that woman.

HSVDawg
04-11-2017, 11:58 AM
I agree 100%, that shuts mama up, and he gets to do what he wanted to do in first place.

LOL....not even close. The bridge has been burned at this point. He will not be here.

Irondawg
04-11-2017, 11:59 AM
I have to think that when you're talking about a staff member's son that if Garrison really, really didn't want to come to state that we would have worked something out. Now everything else is speculation but put the puzzle together somebody wants him at someone else specifically and that other place is not in the best interest of MSU and screams improper contact.

If the kid had said he wants to get away from it all and sign with Texas or Florida State or Virginia I have to think we would have let it go.

There's either a real victim here or somebody is playing the victim - can be hard to tell sometimes.

basedog
04-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Not sure what is going on, but if the kid doesn't want to be at Msu, then he should go to prep school. I understand Howland not wanting to release him.

Divorce is a nasty thing especially for kids, I feel bad for the kid regardless, he's 17 maybe 18 and I think is real confused. Whatever happened between the Brooks marriage is non of my business and no telling what has been going on.

maroonmania
04-11-2017, 12:30 PM
People trying to make sense of the situation should just stop. It's not a normal situation let's just leave it at that.

Again we all know who/what is driving this.

To be at MSU like he signed up for.

This isn't a typical situation & most people can't wrap their minds around the situation. I wish Garrison the best.

I say again, where was all of this outrage when Garrison signed? Either the situation has been tampered with OR something additional has happened to make the family situation with the parents' relationship even more toxic than it was 6 months ago. This woman acts like she just woke up today and found out her sign signed with MSU all of those months ago.

maroonmania
04-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Not sure what is going on, but if the kid doesn't want to be at Msu, then he should go to prep school. I understand Howland not wanting to release him.

Divorce is a nasty thing especially for kids, I feel bad for the kid regardless, he's 17 maybe 18 and I think is real confused. Whatever happened between the Brooks marriage is non of my business and no telling what has been going on.

Its obviously not about what the kid wants anymore for the Mother.

blacklistedbully
04-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Young man said choosing Miss State was "the best decision of his life".

It appears he loves his mom a helluva lot more than she loves him. She is using him as a weapon to use against her ex-husband, because her need to get a "pound-of-flesh" from George is greater than her love for her son.

That is why she did not even show up for his signing ceremony. She told Garrison it was because she "couldn't get off work", but I think we all know that's a bunch of BS. Can you imagine her employer denying her the opportunity to be there with her son that day? Did she not have a vacation day she could have used?

Sad, angry woman with an ax-to-grind who has no qualms about screwing with her son's well-being.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-11-2017, 12:53 PM
I say again, where was all of this outrage when Garrison signed? Either the situation has been tampered with OR something additional has happened to make the family situation with the parents' relationship even more toxic than it was 6 months ago. This woman acts like she just woke up today and found out her sign signed with MSU all of those months ago.

Nothing changed it's been this way for years. Only difference is he's now less than 2 months away from being at MSU. Time isn't on her side anymore.

Jarius
04-11-2017, 12:57 PM
If he wants to be at MSU, why is he worried about what his mom thinks? Seriously. He also has a dad and was close enough to him to sign with his school to play for him. Why is he now going along with the mom where before he did not? Something is not adding up in that department.

MetEdDawg
04-11-2017, 01:07 PM
This is the perfect example of what recruiting has done to kids not old enough to make decisions in their best interest. It gets self interest parents involved. Here's a real life opportunity to teach this kid a valuable life lesson. All of us in the real world have deadlines. We all have decisions we have to make and in every decision there is a consequence, good or bad.

This kid made a decision and now he (or potentially someone else), wants to change that decision after that decision was due and set in stone. Guess what? There is a penalty just like in real life for that kind of stuff. If he wants to change schools, that's fine. There's a penalty and he has to live with that. But don't blame or deflect on to MSU because you don't want your son to experience the consequences of his decisions. Welcome to the real world mom and son. You can't blame others for this situation. It's on you.

Tbonewannabe
04-11-2017, 01:26 PM
If he wants to be at MSU, why is he worried about what his mom thinks? Seriously. He also has a dad and was close enough to him to sign with his school to play for him. Why is he now going along with the mom where before he did not? Something is not adding up in that department.

I am guessing that as the day gets closer the bitch is cranking up to 11. Garrison has to deal with that shit on the reg so he probably just gave in to quit her bitching.

klong-dog
04-11-2017, 01:51 PM
I am guessing that as the day gets closer the bitch is cranking up to 11. Garrison has to deal with that shit on the reg so he probably just gave in to quit her bitching.

Yep my thoughts too. Feel for the kid.

Dawg61
04-11-2017, 02:03 PM
That psycho bitch

Hey Bruh clean this shit up! He is still signed with MSU, she is still his momma and her ex-husband is one of our coaches. Show some ****ing respect

LC Dawg
04-11-2017, 02:04 PM

Well, at least he'll be properly prepared for marriage.

smootness
04-11-2017, 02:09 PM

She didn't show for his signing ceremony, it's obviously been an issue. It just appears that she's been able to wear him down.

louisvilledawg
04-11-2017, 02:15 PM
If he really didn't want to be at MSU, i would be completely fine to release him from his LOI (with the stipulation that he couldn't sign with an ACC or SEC school.)

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-11-2017, 02:20 PM
If he really didn't want to be at MSU, i would be completely fine to release him from his LOI (with the stipulation that he couldn't sign with an ACC or SEC school.)

^^This

MarketingBully
04-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Nothing changed it's been this way for years. Only difference is he's now less than 2 months away from being at MSU. Time isn't on her side anymore.

One of the things that takes the cake for me is the mom pretending to be Garrison on Twitter and sending Paul fake DMs. That is beyond shady and shitty at the same time.

Thick
04-11-2017, 02:24 PM
She has already appealed, and it was denied. So she's appealing her denied appeal.

Jarius
04-11-2017, 02:26 PM
She has already appealed, and it was denied. So she's appealing her denied appeal.

I OBJECT

Objection overruled

I STRENUOUSLY OBJECT

Oh, you strenuously object? Then I'll take some time and reconsider.

TaleofTwoDogs
04-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Agreed. Some of you internet bad asses act like your trailer was burned down, your dog shot and your wife taken. Calm the hell down and act like adults. It's college basketball for Christ sake. Family comes first and Garrison needs to decide his own path. Hopefully, that path takes him to Starkville, but if it doesn't, good luck to him.

confucius say
04-11-2017, 02:39 PM
One of the things that takes the cake for me is the mom pretending to be Garrison on Twitter and sending Paul fake DMs. That is beyond shady and shitty at the same time.

This happened?

confucius say
04-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Anybody want to guess where he ends up after prep school?

ILOATHEBears
04-11-2017, 02:42 PM

Clearly Coach Brooks never watched hot crazy matrix before getting married**** if you have not seen hot crazy matrix do yourself a favor and YouTube it

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-11-2017, 02:46 PM

Wow if that's true.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-11-2017, 02:54 PM

Auburn or OM

Ifyouonlyknew
04-11-2017, 02:54 PM

UAB or somewhere far away from Auburn, AL

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Clearly Coach Brooks never watched hot crazy matrix before getting married**** if you have not seen hot crazy matrix do yourself a favor and YouTube it

I just watched this and laughed my ass off!! I noticed he said hairdressers were in the Danger Zone. Freeze should have known better!!!

Tbonewannabe
04-11-2017, 03:01 PM

Yep, it is definitely worth the few minutes to watch it. It also reminds me of the saying "No matter how hot she is, someone somewhere is sick of her shit".

MCsMGs
04-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Just saw where we granted him full release...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Just saw where we granted him full release...

Yep...too nice. At least we're doing things the right way***

Dawg61
04-11-2017, 07:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU

blacklistedbully
04-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Hey Bruh clean this shit up! He is still signed with MSU, she is still his momma and her ex-husband is one of our coaches. Show some ****ing respect

How 'bout now?

BTW - If the shoe fits, wear it. I'm guessing George thinks she's a bitch, too.