PDA

View Full Version : So now Memphis State is a football school. Lawson brothers transfer to Kansas.

DancingRabbit
04-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Tubby Smith is getting roasted by Gary Parrish and the rest of Memphis media.

Two other players are also transferring.

I think the AD is known as a football guy, and they've improved FB but he's going to eventually get fired over hiring Tubby unless there's some kind of miraculous turnaround.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/former-memphis-standouts-dedric-and-k-j-lawson-are-transferring-to-kansas/

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/columnists/geoff-calkins/2017/04/10/calkins-lawsons-kansas----and-keelon-lawson-explain-why/100291042/

Maroon Wizardry
04-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Who could have stopped them? Howland didn't stop Newman from transferring to kansas

Maroon Wizardry
04-10-2017, 08:37 PM
I honestly think it was a terrible move by all parties involved. Dedric may never see the floor. Dad gets mad other kids don't go to Kansas because of this... memphis has washed their hands... sure it sets them back... but it always seemed to me like the wrong people were running the basketball program in Memphis instead of the HC... Don't forget Josh Pastnor had an excellent season at Georgia Tech considering the level of talent

thf24
04-10-2017, 09:05 PM
I honestly think it was a terrible move by all parties involved. Dedric may never see the floor. Dad gets mad other kids don't go to Kansas because of this... memphis has washed their hands... sure it sets them back... but it always seemed to me like the wrong people were running the basketball program in Memphis instead of the HC... Don't forget Josh Pastnor had an excellent season at Georgia Tech considering the level of talent

Memphis' delusion about its place in the college basketball world makes OM football almost seem pedestrian. Those with influence assume that there must be something wrong if they're not in the national title picture year in and year out (when that's been the exception for most of their history, not the rule) and meddle, usually simply stagnating progress.

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Kansas has turned into transfer U in basketball

preachermatt83
04-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Tubby is a good coach

Original48
04-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Kansas has turned into transfer U in basketball
Meddling Daddy U. Gonna be interesting to see how they all get along.

Maroon Wizardry
04-10-2017, 11:09 PM
i'm hoping their football team steps it up a notch competes with arky and OM for players and OM never recovers. As for basketball... i've enjoyed attending the games at the forum. Their fans are insanely delusional tho.

Bully13
04-11-2017, 12:51 AM
Lived there 12 years. They are indeed an insufferable bunch.