PDA

View Full Version : Starter vs MS Valley State...

CadaverDawg
04-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Any idea who we'll start vs Valley? Sure would be big for the staff if we could give the start to someone like Parker Ford and get 4-5 innings plus.

msstate7
04-10-2017, 07:02 PM
Or Mahoney

CadaverDawg
04-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Or Mahoney

Yea. What's the latest on Billingsley? And will Ashcraft miss significant time with the groin injury?

Choctaw Dawg
04-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Yea. What's the latest on Billingsley? And will Ashcraft miss significant time with the groin injury?

Wouldn't surprise me if Ashcraft doesn't pitch for a few weekends, but he may be back soon. Billingsley is probably coming back this week or the next.

Bulldogg31
04-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Screw it. Let Rooker pitch. He can do everything else.

Todd4State
04-11-2017, 01:22 AM
I don't think Parker Ford is going to be able to give us 4-5 innings vs. anybody right now. Him actually recording an out was a big step for him last week. If Billingsley is able, I would definitely start him but I wouldn't let him go that long. I'd try to make sure I got Mahoney and Ford an inning apiece early in the game and see what the situation is around inning 4-5 and play it that way. I'd let Billingsley go 1-2 innings depending on where he is physically. My biggest goal if I were Cann would be to not pitch Spencer Price if at all possible. If Mahoney and Ford look good I might extend them to two innings if I could. I might give Plumlee and Barton an inning apiece to try to get them to work some things out.