PDA

View Full Version : TCU vs Texas Tech

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Kingsbury's boys hold, pass interfere, late hit, or SOMETHING on every damn play. They seem a lot like Oklahoma State in that they try to bend the rules on every play in hopes that the officials will finally just stop calling it because the game will drag out. That shit pissed me off against OSU....they held on every damn play, and the officials called it about once every 5-6 holds

RougeDawg
09-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Kingsbury's boys hold, pass interfere, late hit, or SOMETHING on every damn play. They seem a lot like Oklahoma State in that they try to bend the rules on every play in hopes that the officials will finally just stop calling it because the game will drag out. That shit pissed me off against OSU....they held on every damn play, and the officials called it about once every 5-6 holds

You arent lying... Horrible officiating. I assume it was an ACC or Mountain West crew that hates the SEC. Does anyone know where the Kickoff Crew came from?

MarketingBully01
09-12-2013, 08:22 PM
It was a Big 10 crew.

CooterDavenport
09-12-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm not trying to argue necessarily, but there's holding on damn near every play of every game.

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm not trying to argue necessarily, but there's holding on damn near every play of every game.

True, but interior line holding is WAY different than WR's and TE's holding in the open field to spring huge plays. That's the kind that OSU was doing, and it creates a huge advantage. Maybe we should do it more

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 08:50 PM
If this Boykin guy didn't suck ass, I would be in prime position to win a nice bet tonight. Come on FROGS!

Todd4State
09-12-2013, 09:07 PM
True, but interior line holding is WAY different than WR's and TE's holding in the open field to spring huge plays. That's the kind that OSU was doing, and it creates a huge advantage. Maybe we should do it more

We probably would do it more if we didn't get called for it every damn time.

Quaoarsking
09-12-2013, 09:11 PM
If you notice the refs aren't calling holding much, it's good strategy to hold a lot. No different than adjusting to a specific umpire's strike zone.

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 09:17 PM
If you notice the refs aren't calling holding much, it's good strategy to hold a lot. No different than adjusting to a specific umpire's strike zone.

Yep.

What a bullshit call on that "illegal fair catch signal". I guess it is just not meant to be for TCU tonight. That is two punt returns called back tonight on horse shit calls.

ckDOG
09-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Yep.

What a bullshit call on that "illegal fair catch signal". I guess it is just not meant to be for TCU tonight. That is two punt returns called back tonight on horse shit calls.

He moved his hand above his shoulders. I don't think he intended to signal fair catch but that could have easily been interpreted as such in a live environment. Invalid signal in my opinion. Dead at spot of catch.

ETA: shitty officiating all around though

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 09:55 PM
He moved his hand above his shoulders. I don't think he intended to signal fair catch but that could have easily been interpreted as such in a live environment. Invalid signal in my opinion. Dead at spot of catch.

It wasnt even close to being above his shoulder....not even close. Now TCU has gotten screwed 3 plays in a row. I would be livid if I was a TCU fan. And I would hate Boykin as my QB. They would be winning by 4 TD's at least if Pachall hadn't gotten injured last week

breazy
09-12-2013, 09:57 PM
these refs are hosing TCU hard

msstate7
09-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Another terrible call.

msstate7
09-12-2013, 09:58 PM
these refs are hosing TCU hard

Officials like these are my biggest fear Saturday night.

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Wow. **** this. I had TCU and the under 59. I'm pissed. TCU would be up by 10 or 14 if these refs weren't a bunch of damn clowns

breazy
09-12-2013, 10:00 PM
This crew needs to be relegated to high school games.......Even the Review Official

ckDOG
09-12-2013, 10:00 PM
It wasnt even close to being above his shoulder....not even close. Now TCU has gotten screwed 3 plays in a row. I would be livid if I was a TCU fan. And I would hate Boykin as my QB. They would be winning by 4 TD's at least if Pachall hadn't gotten injured last week

Was at least 6 inches over his shoulder. I'll try to find a video

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Was at least 6 inches over his shoulder. I'll try to find a video

Please find it, because it wasnt close

ckDOG
09-12-2013, 10:03 PM
No clue how that wasn't ruled a fumble.

Quaoarsking
09-12-2013, 10:04 PM
So ... now you can run a play, and still have a previous play reviewed?

For those not watching, Texas Tech got a first down on a play, but possibly fumbled at the end, but the refs called the runner down.
They immediately ran up to the line and ran a first down play.

Then the refs came out to review the fumble. It looked like the fumble happened, but the call stands. Whatever. The assumption is that they must have called for the review just before the snap, and therefore the first down play never happened.

But ... they come back on the field and it's second down. Then third and fourth. So they reviewed a play after another play had been run. I was pretty certain that can't happen.

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 10:06 PM
So ... now you can run a play, and still have a previous play reviewed?

For those not watching, Texas Tech got a first down on a play, but possibly fumbled at the end, but the refs called the runner down.
They immediately ran up to the line and ran a first down play.

Then the refs came out to review the fumble. It looked like the fumble happened, but the call stands. Whatever. The assumption is that they must have called for the review just before the snap, and therefore the first down play never happened.

But ... they come back on the field and it's second down. Then third and fourth. So they reviewed a play after another play had been run. I was pretty certain that can't happen.

Exactly. Most horribly officiated game I've seen in a long time

TheRef
09-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Exactly. Most horribly officiated game I've seen in a long time

My mind hurts from trying to understand this game. I just....I can't comprehend it. The officiating, the horrible plays/penalties, the FOX on the sideline. Just everything. If I didn't know it was real life and on ESPN I would've sworn it was a Monty Python sketch!

FlabLoser
09-12-2013, 10:12 PM
I need another drink.

TheRef
09-12-2013, 10:12 PM
I need another drink.

This^^^^^

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 10:26 PM
My mind hurts from trying to understand this game. I just....I can't comprehend it. The officiating, the horrible plays/penalties, the FOX on the sideline. Just everything. If I didn't know it was real life and on ESPN I would've sworn it was a Monty Python sketch!

Haha it really was an odd game

TheRef
09-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Haha it really was an odd game

Not to mention the 8th official that the Big XII decided to bring in. Which, on that note, did he even help any? With the way the game went, I say that the 8th official is a failure for this game.

Barking 13
09-13-2013, 08:09 AM
sorry I passed on this game, I was watching Troy and ASU. pretty good barn burner

CJDAWG85
09-13-2013, 08:20 AM
21 penalties in that game...

2 punt returns brought back... one was a phantom flag... one was a non-reviewable play and was called a TD (I'm still not sure how you can change the outcome of a play after you signal TD if you can't review it.)

A fumble into the endzone that somehow stays with TT? That's TCU's ball.

A clear as day fumble they review after TT ran another play, AND STILL GAVE THE BALL BACK TO TT?

TCU got hosed bad last night... If I'm Patterson, I got to the Big 12 and demand a public apology and that those incompetitent morons be sent back down to officiating HS games.

TheRef
09-13-2013, 08:53 AM
21 penalties in that game...

2 punt returns brought back... one was a phantom flag... one was a non-reviewable play and was called a TD (I'm still not sure how you can change the outcome of a play after you signal TD if you can't review it.)

A fumble into the endzone that somehow stays with TT? That's TCU's ball.

A clear as day fumble they review after TT ran another play, AND STILL GAVE THE BALL BACK TO TT?

TCU got hosed bad last night... If I'm Patterson, I got to the Big 12 and demand a public apology and that those incompetitent morons be sent back down to officiating HS games.

Replacement refs strike again!