PDA

View Full Version : If we beat Auburn in a close game, what will the talk be next week?

CadaverDawg
09-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Will everyone be off of the Oklahoma State ledge? What if it's Russell that leads us to victory? What if it's Dak? Will you be back to thinking we could upset LSU?

Political Hack
09-12-2013, 07:19 PM
we've got a lot of work to do before we think about LSU.

if we beat Auburn, it was obvious that Auburn is still a bad team. We're now better than Auburn and Arkansas in the West. We still haven't beaten a team worth a crap. Yada, Yada, Yada...

the truth of the matter will be that we're a pretty decent football team with a chance to win 9 games. There's not a lot of difference in Auburn, A&M, OM, and State right now.

DownwardDawg
09-12-2013, 07:20 PM
If we beat Auburn I will fall in the trap and fully believe that we can upset LSU. Today I believe we have a zero chance at that. Funny how that works.

cheewgumm
09-12-2013, 07:22 PM
I like to think that I will be off the ledge. I consider myself on now, though I think we'll win. I want to see creativity on offense, which I think will put the ball in our playmakers hands and we'll win. If we do that and win a close one, I'll be happy. It's and SEC road win.

Sadly, I think I would be disappointed if we didn't do that...if we had a crappy offense and still somehow won. I think then I'm still firmly planted on ledge, because I will think we jsut got lucky and it will make Dan keep doing that thinking he could win, which would lead to losses against future foes.

I anticipate a creative offense and a win though.

RougeDawg
09-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Our fanbase will be calmed and reassured of the team we thought we had before the season. Oklahoma State will then be a top 11 team at least with the A&M loss. Depending on the game plan and execution will determine how wooly we are about beating LSU and A&M. If TR picks apart the secondary and/or Dak bulldozes his way to a great game, we will be confident the rest of the way, except for maybe the Bama game, but we get them at home.

The national media and outside fans' perspective will be that Auburn sucks. It's the first year under Gus and they haven't had time to instill his system (even though he was only gone a year). Ok State is overrated and hasn't beaten anybody worth a ****. MSU still hasn't beaten anybody worth a shit. 4 separate articles will come out on previous players accepting a free cookie after a game, including Madkin, Grindle, Smoot, Pig, and Robert Bean. Damn those chocolate chips.....

Coach34
09-12-2013, 07:39 PM
I anticipate a creative offense

We have yet to see this with Russell at QB- just like thinking OM will pound Texas- dont count on it

FlabLoser
09-12-2013, 08:42 PM
I need to see that we have a serviceable OL before I entertain any if this talk.

Todd4State
09-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Will everyone be off of the Oklahoma State ledge? No, it was still dumb on Scott's part. What if it's Russell that leads us to victory? That would be awesome. It means he has recovered from his concussion. What if it's Dak? That's fine too. It probably means his passing has improved somewhat. Will you be back to thinking we could upset LSU? No.

Hope that covers it.

Maroonthirteen
09-13-2013, 06:51 AM
Yes. Yes. Yes. No. We will have to beat Troy soundly before I get wooly enough for a LSU upset.

CJDAWG85
09-13-2013, 08:28 AM
If we beat Auburn period, I'll be one happy SOB. Taking off the maroon glasses, I think both teams are pretty even. I don't see either team having a distinct advantage other than Auburn playing at home and MSU having more experience.

smootness
09-13-2013, 08:31 AM
If it's Dak, everyone will say we're about to win 8-9 games.

If it's Russell, everyone will say Auburn isn't very good. It's funny, our fans like to claim we get no respect and that everyone just says everybody we beat is bad, but it's really our own fans themselves who do this the most.

smootness
09-13-2013, 08:32 AM
One question...why are the same people who are made at Stricklin for scheduling OSU also mad at Stricklin for his supposed apology for it?

starkvegasdawg
09-13-2013, 09:16 AM
If we beat Auburn my take is that we are 2-1. Considering we haven't beat LSU since they still used live pigs as balls I hold out no hope of us beating them. We will have to actually win that game before I think we ever have a chance.

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 09:17 AM
If we beat an improved Aub team I think the tone will change tremendously, if not I think the program loses a ton of momentum going forward

That's why so many are saying its our/*cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* biggest game of the yr

msstate7
09-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Will everyone be off of the Oklahoma State ledge? What if it's Russell that leads us to victory? What if it's Dak? Will you be back to thinking we could upset LSU?

If we beat auburn everyone when they say how bad auburn is

EEdawg15
09-13-2013, 09:48 AM
If we beat Auburn, then the "experts" will downplay the victory; however, I would start believing in Mullen's ability to make in game adjustments. On a side note, thanks to EliteDawgs for providing a great place for the MSU faithful discuss all things MSU.

SignalToNoise
09-13-2013, 09:52 AM
No, I will not be thinking that.

Anyone out there still thinking we are going to transform into some dominant team this season are due more disappointing news. From the looks of it, we are going to just and squeak into a bowl at six wins. That's fine. Just get a bowl.

Next season can be something special but this one is average at best, imo.

HancockCountyDog
09-13-2013, 09:57 AM
No, I will not be thinking that.

Anyone out there still thinking we are going to transform into some dominant team this season are due more disappointing news. From the looks of it, we are going to just and squeak into a bowl at six wins. That's fine. Just get a bowl.

Next season can be something special but this one is average at best, imo.

I understand that sentiment of looking ahead to next year (#TeamDak), but the biggest problem we have right now is our OL. We lose our best OL and another OT that no one campus can currently beat out. Im just worried our OL takes another step back, and Im not sure how many steps they can take back.

Defensively we should be solid, we lose Autry, Skinner, Whitley (All really solid players) but return almost everyone else, so we should be pretty good on defense, assuming Collins stays, and our defense keeps playing well.

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Our OL is by far the biggest concern, we have SEC caliber players at every position and a CUSA offensive line

ckDOG
09-13-2013, 10:00 AM
If we beat AU, I will simply feel better about our bowl chances. We really need this one to get to 6. The only way I get excited after this game is if we play Dak and the play calling looks like Week 2 instead of Week 1 and we score a lot of points. We all know that ain't happening, so I'm trying not to get too excited about this game. I'm expecting very similar results at the OSU game. Very competitive on D. Overly conservative on O with Russell refusing to take shots down the field to give our running game a chance. 21-7 AU.

EEdawg15
09-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I'd believe our team would transform into a dominant team. All I'm saying is that if Mullen can/will make the adjustments to beat Auburn then he could do the same to beat Ark and OM. I'm with youHancock on the OL statements. However, a mobile QB can mask some OL problems.

HancockCountyDog
09-13-2013, 10:09 AM
If we beat AU, I will simply feel better about our bowl chances. We really need this one to get to 6. The only way I get excited after this game is if we play Dak and the play calling looks like Week 2 instead of Week 1 and we score a lot of points. We all know that ain't happening, so I'm trying not to get too excited about this game. I'm expecting very similar results at the OSU game. Very competitive on D. Overly conservative on O with Russell refusing to take shots down the field to give our running game a chance. 21-7 AU.

Another reason this game is big is because if we don't win this one, we will be 1-7 against FBS schools in the last 8 games. That type of losing is contagious. When you have beaten anyone in your last 8 games, its like you forget how to win. Our 2010 team figured out ways to win (mostly great defense), but still they figured out ways to win. Well, you can also figure out ways to lose. If we lose tomorrow we will be 1-7 heading into a game against Troy, a team that gave us huge problems last year.

That is why we win the game this weekend, its simply too important for our program to lose.

Bullmutt
09-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Based on the way Ark. St.'s DL went through Troy's OL like it was a sieve last night, I'm not that worried about them this year.

preachermatt83
09-13-2013, 01:10 PM
We have a talented line with a pitiful o-line coach.