PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Turfgrass management people. I know our fb field will look...

IMissJack
04-09-2017, 09:19 PM
great for the fb season, but out of the Spring games I watched this weekend, ours looked the worst. Is this some kind of turf issue, or a we don't care thing.

Turfdawg67
04-10-2017, 12:03 AM
great for the fb season, but out of the Spring games I watched this weekend, ours looked the worst. Is this some kind of turf issue, or a we don't care thing.

Can't speak for the other schools and what they have done to make theirs "look" better, but in the spring you just want to grow a healthy stand of Bermuda so that when you overseed it with ryegrass in the fall there's a strong turf underneath to withstand all the pounding. And with all the cool weather that we are still having, Bermuda just isn't growing well yet... Most Bermuda turf, outside of coastal areas is only about 40-50% green right now. They probably threw so nitrogen on it to push it some so that it'd look decent. The only way to make it look better right now would be to overseed it or paint it. Both would be pretty wasteful right now.

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-10-2017, 10:14 AM
How good does our field look every fall? We won a national award this year and have won in years past. Our field looks like this during every spring game.

We are THE turfgrass school. These guys know what their doing.