PDA

View Full Version : For Everyone who gave up on Baseball...

BrunswickDawg
04-09-2017, 05:04 PM
For everyone who gave up on baseball, turn in your fan cards you ****ing ****ies.

If you thought Cann couldn't cut it,
Or our hitting wasn't deep enough,
Or our recruiting wasn't good enough,
Or Cohen left Cann a shit show,
Or that today's snowflakes just can't nut up when they need to,
Or if you wrote any of the many, many, other stupid threads we saw earlier in the year,
Go root for the Bears. You deserve each other.

We are tied for first place in the SEC and a large number of you had written this team off a month ago.

Quaoarsking
04-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Better chance that we host than we miss a Regional at this point. #Ialwaysbelieved

Dare I start taking about #backtoback ?

msstate7
04-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Pretty sure you covered 99% of the board with those statements. Long way to go, but we look good right now fo sho

Todd4State
04-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Better chance that we host than we miss a Regional at this point. #Ialwaysbelieved

Dare I start taking about #backtoback ?

Can I take credit for this quote? I'll say this though- when I said it last week it wasn't a prediction and it can still go either way but beating Kentucky makes it more of a reality and there is STILL a long way to go and a lot of work to do.

I will say that even last week I would be surprised if we don't go to a regional based on our current resume and what I think will likely happen going forward at a minimum.

As far as back to back goes- I think if we can find a way to win the South Carolina series I like the way the last half of the schedule sets up for us. It will still be very difficult to do though. It's a lot more fun to be in the hunt than not.

You can't say enough about the job Cann, Henderson, Coggin, and THE PLAYERS have done so far. Great leadership off the field from guys like Rooker, Gridley, and Cody Brown and leadership on the field as well.

BayouDawg
04-09-2017, 05:20 PM
If we just go .500 the rest of the way in SEC play we'll be 17-13. That's not bad at all with all the injuries. Imagine if the amount of tj injuries was just cut in half.

CadaverDawg
04-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Hail Damn State

msstate7
04-09-2017, 05:22 PM
If we just go .500 the rest of the way in SEC play we'll be 17-13. That's not bad at all with all the injuries. Imagine if the amount of tj injuries was just cut in half.

Just give us James and smith...

lamont
04-09-2017, 05:25 PM
The pitching getting us by has been amazing. We are starting Gordon and Magnum to win baseball games. Unreal

basedog
04-09-2017, 05:30 PM
And Grid ain't a SS nor 3 hole hitter***

Maroon Wizardry
04-09-2017, 05:32 PM
No one doubted our team as a whole... just that all of our injuries with the pitching staff put us in a tough spot. If our thin bullpen just manages to be average our bats are can keep us in the game and win most

Todd4State
04-09-2017, 05:41 PM

We're going to be hell on wheels once Cann actually has healthy pitchers to work with. And he's supposed to be a better recruiter than Cohen too. Look out America!

BrunswickDawg
04-09-2017, 05:41 PM
No one doubted our team as a whole... just that all of our injuries with the pitching staff put us in a tough spot. If our thin bullpen just manages to be average our bats are can keep us in the game and win most
Go back a month and read the threads and tell me that. There was talk of needing a 3 year rebuild.

Commercecomet24
04-09-2017, 05:46 PM
You gotta be patient with baseball especially with new coaching staff. Baseball is not a sprint. Cann is a pure winner and doesn't know anything else. Players are buying in and it's contagious! I don't even worry when this team gets behind cause they always come back. Don't always pull it out but they always scratch and claw back and win more than lose. This is a fun team to watch!

lamont
04-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Way too many people gave up on Cann- even though we had had all the injuries- that was stupid. I certainly didnt think we could make a regional starting guys like Gordon and Magnum on the mound though. Outstanding coaching job and just an outstanding effort by our team to grind and do everything possible to win games.

Tbonewannabe
04-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Way too many people gave up on Cann- even though we had had all the injuries- that was stupid. I certainly didnt think we could make a regional starting guys like Gordon and Magnum on the mound though. Outstanding coaching job and just an outstanding effort by our team to grind and do everything possible to win games.

Kicking off some guys and now Canny has the team wide open. It is fun to watch a team give everything they have every time out.

shoeless joe
04-09-2017, 06:23 PM
I can honestly say I never gave up on this team and especially not on cann...BUT I will also say that the way we are winning doesn't seem sustainable. Dominant pitching plays a little better than winning with big innings on offense. Hopefully I'm wrong and we continue to win series. I'm not gonna put it past this team.

Todd4State
04-09-2017, 06:40 PM
I can honestly say I never gave up on this team and especially not on cann...BUT I will also say that the way we are winning doesn't seem sustainable. Dominant pitching plays a little better than winning with big innings on offense. Hopefully I'm wrong and we continue to win series. I'm not gonna put it past this team.

The key honestly is getting a pitcher out before the wheels completely come off. See the Morehead State game. We've done a lot better in that regard since SEC play started.

Commercecomet24
04-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Cann exudes confidence. Love watching the way he walks to the mound or talks to players. He's got that aura that real leaders have, that just follow me and we gonna make it attitude! We are in good hands!

Harrydawg
04-09-2017, 06:41 PM
What are the chances that we will get some arms back this season? Isn't Noah Hughes throwing again?

Anyone else? If we could get just a few back, it'd be huge.

Also, Bragg has to be in the batting order. Poole and Alexander may be ones that need to take a seat

Jack Lambert
04-09-2017, 06:47 PM
I thought we only had three SEC caliber players? At least that's what some you were saying three weeks ago.

Commercecomet24
04-09-2017, 06:57 PM
I thought we only had three SEC caliber players? At least that's what some you were saying three weeks ago.

You right on, Jack! We got a bunch of park rats with some big ole hearts and a lion as a leader. Good stuff!

Todd4State
04-09-2017, 06:58 PM
What are the chances that we will get some arms back this season? Isn't Noah Hughes throwing again?

Anyone else? If we could get just a few back, it'd be huge.

Also, Bragg has to be in the batting order. Poole and Alexander may be ones that need to take a seat

I think Noah is throwing again. I saw him on the field last night dressed out. I still think they want to redshirt him.

We should get Billingsley and Ashcraft back soon though.

Sitting Poole and starting MacNamee would make more sense if we play Bragg at DH with our roster right now.

blacklistedbully
04-09-2017, 07:53 PM
My post during the 3/20 meltdown:

This is all BS.

Cohen has been our AAD for a while, and it was well known he was interested in becoming an AD long-term. Stricklin getting hired away by UF opened the door for John at the school he loves every bit as much as any of us here does. He's all Dawg.

Also, give Can a chance! He's at the beginning of his first year as a HC EVER, and has been dealt a bad hand with the pitching injuries. I, for one, am very excited about our future with Can, and with JC as the AD. Can is going to be a GREAT coach. We need to give him a chance to grow into the position. Sure, he'll take some lumps, as will we as fans....but long-term, this guy is going to be a fantastic coach.

Patience is justified right now, for both Can and JC. Both in the first year, so please, give me a break on this ridiculous knee-jerk hysteria.

BeardoMSU
04-09-2017, 07:55 PM
We are starting Gordon and Magnum to win baseball games. Unreal

just think if we knew this would be the case before the season/before all the injuries. Unreal is an understatement, lol.

Commercecomet24
04-09-2017, 08:02 PM
We all complain on occasion about certain things with coaches but I certainly believe that from top to bottom in our athletic dept we have the best group of coaches in all sports that we have ever had. Credit to the administration for taking athletics seriously. Never been more fun to be a Dawg! There's a flagship in OUR STATE and it ain't located in Oxford.

The Federalist Engineer
04-09-2017, 08:13 PM
You gotta be patient with baseball especially with new coaching staff. Baseball is not a sprint. Cann is a pure winner and doesn't no anything else. Players are buying in and it's contagious! I don't even worry when this team gets behind cause they always come back. Don't always pull it out but they always scratch and claw back and win more than lose. This is a fun team to watch!

This..."Cann is pure winner"

HereComesTheSpiral
04-09-2017, 08:31 PM
So does Henderson not get any credit?

basedog
04-09-2017, 08:38 PM
So does Henderson not get any credit?

Yes he does, but the credit should go to Cohen. Two really good hires.

IMissJack
04-09-2017, 09:12 PM
I have to admit after Ark, I did not think we would win very many series. Now, I'm thinking if a couple of players from last year had stayed, the sky would be the limit.

confucius say
04-09-2017, 09:16 PM
3 year rebuild ***

swdawg
04-09-2017, 10:32 PM

For everyone who gave up on baseball, turn in your fan cards you ****ing ****ies.

If you thought Cann couldn't cut it,
Or our hitting wasn't deep enough,
Or our recruiting wasn't good enough,
Or Cohen left Cann a shit show,
Or that today's snowflakes just can't nut up when they need to,
Or if you wrote any of the many, many, other stupid threads we saw earlier in the year,
Go root for the Bears. You deserve each other.

We are tied for first place in the SEC and a large number of you had written this team off a month ago.

biggun
04-10-2017, 03:23 AM
The "fire Cann" and "3 year rebuild" take the cake.

I bet several are hoping that thread is not resurrected and pinned at the top.

I seen it dawg
04-10-2017, 06:52 AM
Pretty sure you covered 99% of the board with those statements. Long way to go, but we look good right now fo sho

I love being a 1%er....not a whole lot of rift raft up here.

I seen it dawg
04-10-2017, 06:53 AM

Gridley....Can't play short for us or hit 3....

msstate7
04-10-2017, 07:00 AM
I love being a 1%er....not a whole lot of rift raft up here.

Not so fast, my friend... "cohen left Cann a sh*t show" statement got you. To your credit, you called my (and many others') melt out every time.

msstate7
04-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Gridley....Can't play short for us or hit 3....

I'll never live this down even though it's not exactly what I said haha

Missed ya this weekend