PDA

View Full Version : I don't put too much confidence or lack there of in spring games

Bodaski
04-08-2017, 04:31 PM
I wasn't pleased overall, especially Fitz. He looked all out of sorts. I didn't think his WR's helped him very much either, but I had hoped to see a better job throwing the ball and that part of his game still needs work. Aires ran hard and did a good job. The defense will be fine when they are all on the same team. Dantzler will be a player. Thompson has a lot of ability and its a shame we can't redshirt him. Keep in mind that our scrimmage is a good bit different because we actually split up the team where a lot of places play offense against defense.

Dallas_Dawg
04-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Defense looks salty but Nick looks like shit. Not sure which to believe

Tripp McNeely
04-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Defense looks salty but Nick looks like shit. Not sure which to believe

Nick led the SEC in total offense last year...more than likely improved defense

maroonmania
04-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Defense is definitely improved (not that that would take much). Offense may be helping the cause though.

parabrave
04-08-2017, 04:52 PM

And receivers looked like crap. 14 in maroon better learn how to go get the ball.

Eric Nies Grind Time
04-08-2017, 04:55 PM
I am worried about the wr's. Fitzgerald will be fine.

lamont
04-08-2017, 05:11 PM

lost OL guys and our best WR though

Madisonmd
04-08-2017, 05:14 PM

According to my son , maybe Nick's friday night led to his Saturday performance?

Bothrops
04-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Our secondary is going to be nasty, if they can keep this up.

lamont
04-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Rankin looks to be our Center for 2017- and you saw the mistake he made today. He will have some growing pains

OL looks to be Jenkins/Williams/Rankin/Calhoun/Reese....that 5 will be ok. Will take them 1/2 a season to gel

We are weak at WR
We are good at RB and TE
Defense is improved

This team has to #RTGDF and play D. It's a 7-5 team most likely. 2018 is going to be the season we make some real noise again

Rick Danko
04-08-2017, 05:17 PM
According to my son , maybe Nick's friday night led to his Saturday performance?

So we're gonna start that up again this year huh

GreenheadDawg
04-08-2017, 05:24 PM
I think some of you are going to be really disappointed with the passing game this season. Gonna be bad

GTHOM
04-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Rankin looks to be our Center for 2017- and you saw the mistake he made today. He will have some growing pains

OL looks to be Jenkins/Williams/Rankin/Calhoun/Reese....that 5 will be ok. Will take them 1/2 a season to gel

We are weak at WR
We are good at RB and TE
Defense is improved

This team has to #RTGDF and play D. It's a 7-5 team most likely. 2018 is going to be the season we make some real noise again

You already know Gray was out, was impressed that Myles actually caught the ball today after the abysmal year he had last year. WRs arent going to be 2014-15 good but they will be serviceable enough to give us a shot. TEs will help. OL depth is my biggest concern

lamont
04-08-2017, 05:26 PM
You already know Gray was out, was impressed that Myles actually caught the ball today after the abysmal year he had last year. WRs arent going to be 2014-15 good but they will be serviceable enough to give us a shot. TEs will help. OL depth is my biggest concern

We arent top 10 in the SEC at WR- no matter who starts for us

lamont
04-08-2017, 05:28 PM

We struggled vs our Secondary- while improved- isnt like Bama's, LSU's, Georgia's, Auburn's...

GTHOM
04-08-2017, 05:35 PM

Gray, Mixon, Dear, Thomas, Myles, Couch thats top 10 in the SEC. Plus TEs

GTHOM
04-08-2017, 05:35 PM
We struggled vs our Secondary- while improved- isnt like Bama's, LSU's, Georgia's, Auburn's...

Agree with that

DownwardDawg
04-08-2017, 05:36 PM
I think some of you are going to be really disappointed with the passing game this season. Gonna be bad
Most of us are begging for the Relf Coast Offense. I don't care if we ever throw it!!!!!

maroonmania
04-08-2017, 05:40 PM

Yep, hard to believe, but outside of maybe Gray our WR corps is seemingly back to Croom level.

msstate7
04-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Yep, hard to believe, but outside of maybe Gray our WR corps is seemingly back to Croom level.

Mixon is gonna be good

Jarius
04-08-2017, 05:46 PM
We played without 2 offensive line starters and 2 starting receivers.

lamont
04-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Gray, Mixon, Dear, Thomas, Myles, Couch thats top 10 in the SEC. Plus TEs

Teams I know we arent as good at WR as:

Bama
LSU
Auburn
A&M
Missouri
Ole Miss
South Carolina
Florida
Tennessee
Vandy
Kentucky??? (fight for 11th)

We might, MIGHT be 10th. Fight with Kentucky and Vandy there. And that depends what Georgia's newcomers do

UPig has huge questions
Georgia has talent but inexperienced

Only 2 SEC teams you can feel good about our WR's being better than

lamont
04-08-2017, 05:55 PM

Mixon will be ok and Myles should have a better year. He was hurt alot. Not much after those 3

GTHOM
04-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Teams I know we arent as good at WR as:

Bama
LSU
Auburn
A&M
Missouri
Ole Miss
South Carolina
Florida
Tennessee
Vandy
Kentucky??? (fight for 11th)

We might, MIGHT be 10th. Fight with Kentucky and Vandy there. And that depends what Georgia's newcomers do

UPig has huge questions
Georgia has talent but inexperienced

Only 2 SEC teams you can feel good about our WR's being better than

What impresses you about UFs WRs? Auburn? Mizzou? Those are probably the worst passing offenses in the SEC except Vandy

lamont
04-08-2017, 07:40 PM
What impresses you about UFs WRs? Auburn? Mizzou? Those are probably the worst passing offenses in the SEC except Vandy

You serious Clark?

Missouri was 2nd in the SEC in passing last year with lots returning
Florida was 6th- 3 spots ahead of us- and their starting QB got hurt for the season halfway thru.
Vandy returns their WR corps and their QB- after only being 18 yard per game below us. Veteran group for them

Auburn? They had true freshmen at WR and QB injury problems. This year they have 2 QB's and a more experienced group with 4-star talent. I'd take their talent at WR over ours in a heartbeat

GTHOM
04-08-2017, 07:43 PM
You serious Clark?

Missouri was 2nd in the SEC in passing last year with lots returning
Florida was 6th- 3 spots ahead of us- and their starting QB got hurt for the season halfway thru.
Vandy returns their WR corps and their QB- after only being 18 yard per game below us. Veteran group for them

Auburn? They had true freshmen at WR and QB injury problems. This year they have 2 QB's and a more experienced group with 4-star talent. I'd take their talent at WR over ours in a heartbeat

Mizzou didnt score many points...neither did UF.........neither did Vandy

lamont
04-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Mizzou didnt score many points...neither did UF.........neither did Vandy

Missouri scored more points than we did last year- so still confused as to why you would bring them up. Their passing attack was better than ours in every single way- and will be again.

Florida lost their QB, had young guys on the OL, and played a much tougher schedule.
Vandy is certainly limited- but return alot of starters on O. Should certainly be improved. Again- we only passed for 18 more ypg than they did last year

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2017, 08:31 PM
We just need to get Todd some stickum. If I knew he'd catch the ball, I'd say he'll be good.

GTHOM
04-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Missouri scored more points than we did last year- so still confused as to why you would bring them up. Their passing attack was better than ours in every single way- and will be again.

Florida lost their QB, had young guys on the OL, and played a much tougher schedule.
Vandy is certainly limited- but return alot of starters on O. Should certainly be improved. Again- we only passed for 18 more ypg than they did last year

Didnt mizzou go like 3-9

lamont
04-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Didnt mizzou go like 3-9

Yep- shitty D plus they played a P5 team in the OOC- something we run from like the Plague. Any decent team OOC beats us in the regular season.

The discussion was about WR's- which you lost then changed to PPG- which you lost so you moved on to wins.

GTHOM
04-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Yep- shitty D plus they played a P5 team in the OOC- something we run from like the Plague. Any decent team OOC beats us in the regular season.

The discussion was about WR's- which you lost then changed to PPG- which you lost so you moved on to wins.

Mizzou scored 79 vs Delaware St and 61 vs EMU. 7 vs LSU, 14 vs UF. 11 vs WVU. Take away the cupcakes and they dont average what we do. That is all I was saying. I cant name a single one of their WRs. We would beat Mizzou. Hold this L***

confucius say
04-08-2017, 09:59 PM

Byu was better than at least 50% of power 5 teams last year

confucius say
04-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Our offense is going to be okay unless dan goes full retard. We were without 5/6 of our 11 starters today. You people sound like the morons who were telling me baseball is a 3 year rebuild and the other morons who said we would go 11-19 in sec play.

Tripp McNeely
04-08-2017, 10:14 PM

Didn't we have 2 OL starters and our 4 best receivers held out today? What am I missing?

DancingRabbit
04-08-2017, 10:16 PM

Comparing conference only stats tends to give a more accurate picture. I wouldn't say their passing attack was better in every single way. More yards but more INTs and less TDs. They may have a better WR corps this year but your statement exaggerates last year's results

http://a.espncdn.com/sec/football/2017/SEC-Only.pdf.

lamont
04-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Mizzou scored 79 vs Delaware St and 61 vs EMU. 7 vs LSU, 14 vs UF. 11 vs WVU. Take away the cupcakes and they dont average what we do. That is all I was saying. I cant name a single one of their WRs. We would beat Mizzou. Hold this L***

We played South Alabama and UMass. Same thing. Just because you cant name the WR's for the SEC's 2nd best past attack doesnt mean it didnt happen.

lamont
04-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Comparing conference only stats tends to give a more accurate picture. I wouldn't say their passing attack was better in every single way.
http://a.espncdn.com/sec/football/2017/SEC-Only.pdf.

Conference-only they were 3rd and we were 12th. Clearly better than us. Clearly.

lamont
04-08-2017, 10:38 PM
SEC defenses played by Missouri- 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 8th, 9th, 10th , 11th

SEC defenses played by State- 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 14th

basedog
04-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Missouri was behind pretty much from the start to finish. They had more practice in throwing****

They were a bad offense and team.

Jarius
04-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Didn't we have 2 OL starters and our 4 best receivers held out today? What am I missing?

You aren't missing anything