PDA

View Full Version : Buy or Sell: The Grove Bowl is Pay Shea's Last Game as a Rebal ?

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Sitting here watching this.

OM apparently only runs 26 plays in Longo's offense. I'm sure that will really prepare guys for the next level.

My guess is once the NCAA hammer comes down this Summer, this will be a demoralized bunch.

Their WRs are good, but I do wonder if the loss of Stringfellow & Kelly will be more harmful than once thought. Pay Shea is good, but he simply doesn't have the arm strength that Kelly had to stretch the field. Without Kelly's missile launcher, I think OM will find it more difficult to stretch defenses like they've done in the past. Combine that with the loss of their best WR & the fastest TE in college football & I'm not sure this offense is going to have the explosiveness it once did.

StatesboroBlues
04-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Why do you believe the penalties will be known this summer...I don't see them being known in time for him to make a move. I wouldn't doubt late September...

So I am saying huge sell...

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Pretty sure I saw Phil Longo in Breaking Bad

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1664879273/hank_schrader.jpg

Mimi's Babies
04-08-2017, 11:39 AM
If the calendar is correct (believing they received the NOA around January 20ish).... there 90 days are UP this next week.... for them to present their answers to NOA.

THEN om will be BEGGING for another 30 days by means of the NCAA extension rules.... Well that gets the CALENDAR to May 20ish......

THEN the NCAA has 60 days to review... Yeah, that gets us to the CALENDAR DATES of July 20ish and THUS NO TRANSFERS...

Then the NCAA will present their case against these CHEATERS.....

How low will OM go.... they have even been trying to recruit 10th graders..... jeez..... #HAILSTATE

chef dixon
04-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Their offense literally looks no different

Mimi's Babies
04-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Their offense literally looks no different

The SEC Commentators have NO IDEA what is about to bite the sharks in the ___________.
AJ is not nearly good as they are making him out to be either.....
Wait until he gets knocked on his butt....
REMEMBER: He doesn't like being hit....

After the NOA drops there should be some players that are NOT allowed to play....... If not then NCAA is a serious issue.

3rdGen
04-08-2017, 11:49 AM
I hate to say I am watching this garbage as well. I just about puked at the love fest that sec network was just spewing about how the team came together and they all wanted to be there and play football for T**** and how Frickedus was so happy that the team was growing together despite the news that the NCAA dropped on them and no one had transfered out. NO, THEY DONT, THEY JUST LIKE THAT FREAKIN PAYCHECK YOU DUMBASSES!!!! BURN, BURN, YES YOUR GONNA BURN!!!! BURN BURN THE GROVE IS GONNA BURN. JUST ANOTHER BOMBTRACK!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0d7AKBW5MQ4/TyNHvzplSKI/AAAAAAAAAqI/oAFVOXnEuGc/s200/kip-dynamite-yes.gif

StatesboroBlues
04-08-2017, 11:51 AM
If the calendar is correct (believing they received the NOA around January 20ish).... there 90 days are UP this next week.... for them to present their answers to NOA.

THEN om will be BEGGING for another 30 days by means of the NCAA extension rules.... Well that gets the CALENDAR to May 20ish......

THEN the NCAA has 60 days to review... Yeah, that gets us to the CALENDAR DATES of July 20ish and THUS NO TRANSFERS...

How low will OM go.... they have even been trying to recruit 10th graders..... jeez..... #HAILSTATE

I think a booster will be the fall guy for the requested extension this time. I also hope the NCAA does need to take long to look over UMs response before setting the date for the COI hearing. Having said that...I do expect them to take as long as possible to make sure they have their case ready.

The COI also has 4-8 weeks before they have to hand out punishment.

Dawgowar
04-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Does not matter to me either way.

If the penalties drop prior to mid-august there is no telling how many they lose. May even be their best option as I think there is a time window on how long players have to declare/transfer once penalties are announced. Could be wrong but if the NCAA announces in August only a handful may have a parachute loaded and could find themselves stuck in Oxford after the season. (unless they transfer the traditional way) Toss in that they are already taking it in the shorts in recruiting right now and better for them to be getting credit for time being served this season.

Personally want another full season of innuendo and shitty recruiting, the self-imposed bowl ban, and players who begin to turn on Bear Nation. The penalties get dropped in say later January. Signing day goes from shit to explosive diarrhea bad. Any unaffected assistants bail. Toss in the second year of bowl ban and good luck finding a decent coach or getting into the living room of rising Juniors/Sophomores. At that point who remains on their roster won't matter.

The longer this plays out the better for us. They are de-facto walking in a probationary status this very moment. Same as what we dealt with. Freeze spoke on twitter of recruiting today? Suspect they are going to have to take chances on academic risks and headaches like Jackie did. See Nick Turner and the counterfeit ring.

This is like putting a pork butt on the smoker. Low and slow. Low and slow.

msstate7
04-08-2017, 11:56 AM
I think a booster will be the fall guy for the requested extension this time. I also hope the NCAA does need to take long to look over UMs response before setting the date for the COI hearing. Having said that...I do expect them to take as long as possible to make sure they have their case ready.

I get impatient waiting for the axe to fall, but a speedy process probably isn't the best result for us. They have zero commits with 10 months to go and no resolution in sight. I think we're better than them this year, so why not let them suffer another season before it gets really bad for them

Leeshouldveflanked
04-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Looks like Hugh will be in High Cotton this fall.....

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2017, 12:02 PM
You guys believe how ridiculous these guys are? They continue to play the victim which is disgusting considering what they've done

http://i.imgur.com/CxTIMad.jpg

StatesboroBlues
04-08-2017, 12:03 PM
I get impatient waiting for the axe to fall, but a speedy process probably isn't the best result for us. They have zero commits with 10 months to go and no resolution in sight. I think we're better than them this year, so why not let them suffer another season before it gets really bad for them

I can understand that but it will be taken care of by October...if penalties came out this summer and they had a two year Bowl ban you would see transfers. The more transfers you have the harder they get hit because of not being able to make up with scholarship limitations. Get hit later than this summer with 2 year Bowl ban you will have most JRs now that will decide to stay because of only having a single season left. UM wants to delay this to after this summer for a reason...if it was going to be extended to next year than I would agree, but it will not.

TheRef
04-08-2017, 12:04 PM
You guys believe how ridiculous these guys are? They continue to play the victim which is disgusting considering what they've done

"Technically we didn't lie to you, recruit. We promised you that you would play in a bowl game. We didn't specify what KIND of bowl, though."

Mimi's Babies
04-08-2017, 12:07 PM

Then the "HEARING" should be in late July - August.... Wish we had started a CLOCK and taken wagers as to how long this would continue....

Dawgowar
04-08-2017, 12:10 PM

The first LOA and its amendment IS the case against the accused. That is what people fail to grasp. They have been found guilty of those allegations. The school presented its side as the process went along. What is at question is the severity of punishment and the accused's arguments as to why the facts are not what they seem. That the incidents happened is not in question. There is no case left to be presented.

Their Chancellor stated they intended to go in April.

They will have to pull a North Carolina trick and argue procedure to get another full year of delays. They can't afford to do that and not have their program crater. As I said earlier I am fine either way. Just know guilt has been established. The investigative lead for the NCAA now only documents in the LOA's what they can slam dunk prove.

Mimi's Babies
04-08-2017, 12:15 PM

Do you have a list of the Boosters that are caught in this crap or the ones who has been disassociated already? If you do please pm me......

msstate7
04-08-2017, 12:23 PM
I can understand that but it will be taken care of by October...if penalties came out this summer and they had a two year Bowl ban you would see transfers. The more transfers you have the harder they get hit because of not being able to make up with scholarship limitations. Get hit later than this summer with 2 year Bowl ban you will have most JRs now that will decide to stay because of only having a single season left. UM wants to delay this to after this summer for a reason...if it was going to be extended to next year than I would agree, but it will not.

I'm not so sure they stay. It'll almost certainly be a new HC coming off missing a bowl 2 years in row... I bet more bolt than you think. Penn state lost 15 transfers when they were freed

StatesboroBlues
04-08-2017, 12:25 PM
The first LOA and its amendment IS the case against the accused. That is what people fail to grasp. They have been found guilty of those allegations. The school presented its side as the process went along. What is at question is the severity of punishment and the accused's arguments as to why the facts are not what they seem. That the incidents happened is not in question. There is no case left to be presented.

Their Chancellor stated they intended to go in April.

They will have to pull a North Carolina trick and argue procedure to get another full year of delays. They can't afford to do that and not have their program crater. As I said earlier I am fine either way. Just know guilt has been established. The investigative lead for the NCAA now only documents in the LOA's what they can slam dunk prove.

That is the case Mimi is talking about...The NCAA will look over UMs replies to the allegations and prepare to go in front of the COI. And It is still a case to be made because UM is disagreeing with a few of the allegations...not just the level of allegation. Allegations can be dropped when going in front of the COI...though, since the new way the NCAA has gone about handing down their allegations i have a feeling schools have not been as successful as of late.

It is called a "Notice of Allegations" for a reason...

StatesboroBlues
04-08-2017, 12:32 PM
I'm not so sure they stay. It'll almost certainly be a new HC coming off missing a bowl 2 years in row... I bet more bolt than you think. Penn state lost 15 transfers when they were freed

You could see that my point was based on a two year Bowl ban...Penn State was initially given 4 year bowl ban and it came down in July. SUbstantial difference...

Mimi's Babies
04-08-2017, 12:39 PM
You could see that my point was based on a two year Bowl ban...Penn State was initially given 4 year bowl ban and it came down in July. SUbstantial difference...

OM bowl ban will be much more than Penn State....

Learning more about what a bagman/recruiter was doing as late as November 2016... and where.

Remember the post back in March.... an tsun player "wondering where the bagman is"

STILL those don't believe just how deep this mess is.... and OM booster told me that they have known about this mess back to 1960..... and that most of the MONEY was coming from lawyers.... "for bragging rights".... Cannot wait to see the names of the "REST of the STORY"... Wonder what the MS Bar Association will say about this type of ethic violations by attorneys???/

Saltydog
04-08-2017, 12:45 PM
As for the offense, they'll be pretty doggone good I'm afraid. While Patterson doesn't have the arm strength of Kelly, he's very accurate on the short stuff and with those WR's they'll make plays.

StatesboroBlues
04-08-2017, 12:48 PM
OM bowl ban will be much more than Penn State....

Learning more about what a bagman/recruiter was doing as late as November 2016... and where.

Remember the post back in March.... an tsun player "wondering where the bagman is"

STILL those don't believe just how deep this mess is.... and OM booster told me that they have known about this mess back to 1960..... and that most of the MONEY was coming from lawyers.... "for bragging rights".... Cannot wait to see the names of the "REST of the STORY"... Wonder what the MS Bar Association will say about this type of ethic violations by attorneys???/

Hope you are correct...if it is more than a 2 year Bowl ban I don't care when they hand down penalties. They would get transfers after the season.

Mimi's Babies
04-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Hope you are correct...if it is more than a 2 year Bowl ban I don't care when they hand down penalties. They would get transfers after the season.

It is my understanding that the players that excepted BRIBES will NOT be allowed to transfer and possibly not ever play college ball at a D1 school....
I know one player/his family was CAUGHT LYING to the NCAA... So I am WANTING to see the amended NOA to see if EVERYTHING is in there OR will there be ANOTHER NOA??? (Which I believe there will be.)
I am GUESSING that OM was trying to GATHER BIG MONEY this weekend at the grove bowl.... and tell all the boosters that they are being lied on. haha....
So that being said, we may see the papers come out very soon for us to digest....
IF they give om a TV ban then we are screwed. Playing on Thanksgiving Night..... Could we possibly receive ALL the TV $$$$$$'s

Remember it has been reported that Shea's parents were living rent free on the coast....

Just for thought...

LC Dawg
04-08-2017, 01:09 PM

They'll probably give themselves trophies and rings for every win.

CadaverDawg
04-08-2017, 01:18 PM

That program is run like a peewee team. Big time players should be embarrassed that they got duped into playing for a program that plays imaginary bowl games. What a laughing stock.

Manti Teo's girlfriend is going to present their imaginary bowl trophies

maroonmania
04-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Does the bowl ban that UNM has already placed on themselves mean that they are ineligible for the SEC championship game? I would think so but I don't know if its a post-season ban or just bowl ban.

msstate7
04-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Does the bowl ban that UNM has already placed on themselves mean that they are ineligible for the SEC championship game? I would think so but I don't know if its a post-season ban or just bowl ban.

It's postseason.

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2017, 01:24 PM

Doesn't matter. With the QB play in the SEC West this year, they are on the precipus of fielding a historically bad defense this year.

Dawgowar
04-08-2017, 01:30 PM
They'll probably give themselves trophies and rings for every win.

Don't forget the banners they will hang for each one as well.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
04-08-2017, 02:37 PM
With the SEC Network and ESPN ties, I don't think we'll ever see another TV ban given as punishment.

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2017, 02:52 PM
I am mind blown listening to these Spring games. Even in the Texas A&M Spring Game the announcers just praised Hugh Freeze's recruiting

Are these people at the SEC Network 17ing brain dead? I don't get the lack of understanding that they cheated their asses off & have double digit level 1 violations.

I can handle them not getting the death penalty & being on TV, but why is the media either incompetent or unwilling to say they've cheated their asses off when there is verifiable proof that they have?

If I was a Martian just touching down on Earth, I'd think the SEC was condoning their behavior

Mimi's Babies
04-08-2017, 02:56 PM
With the SEC Network and ESPN ties, I don't think we'll ever see another TV ban given as punishment.

Who paid off the announcers???????

IMissJack
04-08-2017, 04:17 PM
As for the offense, they'll be pretty doggone good I'm afraid. While Patterson doesn't have the arm strength of Kelly, he's very accurate on the short stuff and with those WR's they'll make plays.

They could be the Texas Tech of the SEC. All offense and no defense. Makes for great 5 hour games.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Sitting here watching this.

OM apparently only runs 26 plays in Longo's offense. I'm sure that will really prepare guys for the next level.

My guess is once the NCAA hammer comes down this Summer, this will be a demoralized bunch.

Their WRs are good, but I do wonder if the loss of Stringfellow & Kelly will be more harmful than once thought. Pay Shea is good, but he simply doesn't have the arm strength that Kelly had to stretch the field. Without Kelly's missile launcher, I think OM will find it more difficult to stretch defenses like they've done in the past. Combine that with the loss of their best WR & the fastest TE in college football & I'm not sure this offense is going to have the explosiveness it once did.

Sell and I got a $100 bill for anyone wanting to go against it.