PDA

View Full Version : The humor that the "Fins Up" sticker brings to me

Thick
09-12-2013, 02:32 PM
is great. I laugh every time I see one. The mascot, a Confederate Rebel, no I meant a "Black Bear". Then the old "Landshark" (SNL skit) as a defensive rallying cry, to now the "Fins Up" sticker or slogan is absolutely dumb funny. It really screams "He, we're gay"!!!

Shouldn't the "Harvard of the South" know that there's no such thing as a "Landshark"??? Fins up bitches!

Coach34
09-12-2013, 02:38 PM
I still call it "that rooster thing" as Jimmy Dykes called it this past winter during basketball

Stupid shit- a Rebel or Bear doing a fin....would be like us Bulldogs wearing Cheeseheads or some shit

Barking 13
09-12-2013, 02:41 PM
I still call it "that rooster thing" as Jimmy Dykes called it this past winter during basketball

Stupid shit- a Rebel or Bear doing a fin....would be like us Bulldogs wearing Cheeseheads or some shit

hey, watch it! LOL My dad was from Green Bay, and I've been known to wear a cheesehead every now and then, even though Maroon and yellow doesn't look good together...

Mjoelner34
09-12-2013, 03:08 PM
So when they play Auburn is it the Rebear Sharks vs. the War Plainstigers?

BeastMan
09-12-2013, 03:26 PM
The funny thing is that the university doesn't even officially sponsor it. OM Rebel Nation owned by Greg Peavy (Ms sports mag & Maroon Mag) and Jake Adams has to be making a killing of that merch. Not even kidding, props to them. I support capitalsim 100%

MadDawg
09-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Don't know that that is acurate. This is from ole miss's trademark page:

WHAT VERBIAGE REQUIRES APPROVAL?

?University of Mississippi ?
?Ole Miss ?
?UM?
?U of M?
?Rebels?
?Lady Rebels?
?The Lyceum?
?The Grove?
?University of Mississippi - Medical Center?
?University of Mississippi -Tupelo?
?University of Mississippi - Southaven?
?Paris-Yates Chapel?
?Ventress?
?Bondurant?
?Croft?
?Barnard Observatory?
?Swayze Field?
?Tad Smith Coliseum?
?Tad Pad?
?Vaught-Hemingway Stadium?
?Hotty Toddy?
?Mississippi?
?Landshark? <-------------------------------
?FinsUp? <-----------------------------------

BeastMan
09-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Nvm. Maybe they are paying licensing but again, they have to be making a killing because those dang stickers are everywhere. This is their store link http://www.omrebelnation.com/product-category/the-store/

MadDawg
09-12-2013, 03:43 PM
I'll bet my bear friend at church has at least one of everything on that site.

Thick
09-12-2013, 03:45 PM
I could care less about how much they make off of it, or if they have the trademark. It's still ****ing "GAY", and I will laugh and harass my OM buds about it.

AccountingDawg
09-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Don't know that that is acurate. This is from ole miss's trademark page:

WHAT VERBIAGE REQUIRES APPROVAL?

Was shocked to not see "The University of Ole Miss" make this list.

PassInterference
09-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Fins Up will wear off. Probably when they go through their next cycle of suckitude. Fins Up will be another gap in their history where they could have built a sustainable brand for themselves instead of losing a piece of memorable history to another fad.

Ole Miss lacks identity.

Exhibit A is the latest ESPNU logo for Ole Miss which was on twitter today. ESPN always takes the letter U and dresses it up like a school mascot or tradition. In Ole Miss's case, its just a red & blue U with a #1 foam hand beside it. The hand has the script "Ole Miss" on it.

Their ESPNU logo used to be Col Reb, but of course this is no longer:
http://cdn3.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2012-November-28-18-8-32.jpg

Bigedawg
09-12-2013, 04:06 PM
I wish Jimmy Buffett would sue the crap out of these a holes. This has to be some type of copyright infringement.

PassInterference
09-12-2013, 04:07 PM
http://www.drinkapint.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/landsharklager.jpg

Bullmutt
09-13-2013, 10:49 AM
You're right! That university has an idenity crisis going on. Let's hope it soon goes from "fins up" to "belly up"!

Dawgdom
09-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Forgot one...?GHEY?

TheRef
09-13-2013, 01:13 PM
How about "We are confused on which mascot we like more so we choose all of them!"

whosyourdawgy
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
They need to spoof the movie Sharknado and have the Nkemdeche's falling out o the sky to tackle people. That's about how freaking stupid the Land shark stuff is

Technetium
09-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Off topic, but figured not a bad place to post this. Was listening to sports radio here in NC yesterday on my way home and an OM fan calls in and asks the hosts "will beating Texas this weekend legitimize Ole Miss as national championship contender this year?"

I laughed my ass off while driving. The hosts completely ignored the question and instead talked about the dumpster fire that is Texas right now...

regdawg18
09-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Off topic, but figured not a bad place to post this. Was listening to sports radio here in NC yesterday on my way home and an OM fan calls in and asks the hosts "will beating Texas this weekend legitimize Ole Miss as national championship contender this year?"

I laughed my ass off while driving. The hosts completely ignored the question and instead talked about the dumpster fire that is Texas right now...

How sad.

sbcmortgageman
09-13-2013, 07:06 PM
The funny thing is that the university doesn't even officially sponsor it. OM Rebel Nation owned by Greg Peavy (Ms sports mag & Maroon Mag) and Jake Adams has to be making a killing of that merch. Not even kidding, props to them. I support capitalsim 100%

I'm pretty sure bjork has it trademarked

RougeDawg
09-13-2013, 09:39 PM
How sad.

A majority of them think they have a legitimate shot at Atlanta. Since they've beaten two shorter midgets this year and everyone sleep walking against them last year, they have very false hopes and aspirations. Never once had a loss been so great for them to have than the one tomorrow. It'll be the first bullet in fuselage and the downward spiral will soon follow.