PDA

View Full Version : Lawson Brothers Transferring

Big4Dawg
04-05-2017, 12:15 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/basketball/2017/04/05/dedric-and-kj-lawson-transferring-memphis/100076236/

Wish we could get in the running.

Dedric Lawson averaged 19.2 points and 9.9 rebounds.

KJ lawson averaged 12.3 and 8.1 rebounds

WSOPdawg
04-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Hmmm, would love to get in the game for these two but is this screaming TCUN involvement to anyone else? And the article states that the Lawson's father will no longer serve in his role as the team's director of player personnel. Would not be surprised if they show up in Oxford.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Heppin' Time for the Rebs!

ScottH
04-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Hmmm, would love to get in the game for these two but is this screaming TCUN involvement to anyone else? And the article states that the Lawson's father will no longer serve in his role as the team's director of player personnel. Would not be surprised if they show up in Oxford.

Until proven otherwise, I have come to expect every transfer to end up in Oxford.

Bubb Rubb
04-05-2017, 01:01 PM
I could see them end up at Georgia Tech, where Pastner ended up.

Johnson85
04-05-2017, 01:19 PM

For basketball? I know Kennedy has gotten his fair share, but even with the proximity, UM isn't who would come to mind.

CarolinaDawgs
04-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Would fit right in with the SHITBIRDS after seeing this tweet.

https://twitter.com/mgiannotto/status/849680129081192449

Tripp McNeely
04-05-2017, 02:12 PM
om assistant Tony Madlock played at Memphis (and I think is from Memphis) too.

Big4Dawg
04-05-2017, 02:15 PM
om assistant Tony Madlock played at Memphis (and I think is from Memphis) too.

Tony Madlock left OM.

MarketingBully
04-05-2017, 02:30 PM

Coach Kirby is their god father as well. I doubt they go to Ole Miss. They weren't even in the conversation with any of the Lawson brothers out of high school. These kids are big time and could go anywhere. With that said I think they end up at Georgia Tech possibly.

Tripp McNeely
04-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Tony Madlock left OM.

oh...then never mind

MarketingBully
04-05-2017, 02:32 PM
For basketball? I know Kennedy has gotten his fair share, but even with the proximity, UM isn't who would come to mind.

Kennedy is a shitty recruiter. Who have they gotten from Memphis that was worth a shit and I mean 4-5 star to McDonald's All-American. Shit, have they gotten a McDonald's All-American ever?

Mimi's Babies
04-05-2017, 04:25 PM

My dad heard ESPN guy question what was going on in the OM basketball for men program... are they in the same mess as om football?

Maroon Wizardry
04-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Auburn is my prediction if the father is interested to continuing a career (there is assistant job opening). Lots of people around Memphis say nothing but good things about him and that he isn't pimping out his kids. He knows basketball. It isn't like hiring Shea Patterson's brother. There is also talk he returns to coaching HS bball with the kids transferring somewhere that is moderately close. It will be interesting to see where they go. Wherever it will be the new school will have a pipeline to multiple top 100 players just through his family and extended family

DawgInMemphis
04-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Kennedy is a shitty recruiter. Who have they gotten from Memphis that was worth a shit and I mean 4-5 star to McDonald's All-American. Shit, have they gotten a McDonald's All-American ever?

Kennedy and the Lawson's father played at UAB together.

DawgInMemphis
04-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Auburn is my prediction if the father is interested to continuing a career (there is assistant job opening). Lots of people around Memphis say nothing but good things about him and that he isn't pimping out his kids. He knows basketball. It isn't like hiring Shea Patterson's brother. There is also talk he returns to coaching HS bball with the kids transferring somewhere that is moderately close. It will be interesting to see where they go. Wherever it will be the new school will have a pipeline to multiple top 100 players just through his family and extended family

Ha, someone listened to GP today.

msbulldog
04-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Mississippi announced today that Dorsey-Fitzpatrick was transferring (making room). They are also posting a job opening for an assistant BB coach. Coincidence? Scholarship open and job for Daddy? Maybe Kennedy is making a move. I know we don't have any scholarships available, but the 6'9 brother would be a good pick-up.

MarketingBully
04-06-2017, 12:08 AM
Kennedy and the Lawson's father played at UAB together.

They weren't even a finalist for these kids. That's how much that meant.

MarketingBully
04-06-2017, 12:19 AM
Mississippi announced today that Dorsey-Fitzpatrick was transferring (making room). They are also posting a job opening for an assistant BB coach. Coincidence? Scholarship open and job for Daddy? Maybe Kennedy is making a move. I know we don't have any scholarships available, but the 6'9 brother would be a good pick-up.

You guys do realize MSU fans are the only ones saying Ole Miss is a possibility for these kids. Ole Miss insiders and fans aren't even talking about this. I'd say there is a low possibility they end up there.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-06-2017, 08:44 AM
My dad heard ESPN guy question what was going on in the OM basketball for men program... are they in the same mess as om football?

Probably confused us with OM again with our 2016 top 5 class.

It_Could_Happen
04-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Just saw a tweet with the Lawson brothers in Bama Uniforms. That would not be good for us. Avery and Co. would get very very dangerous adding those 2. SEC contender for sure.

msstate7
04-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Just saw a tweet with the Lawson brothers in Bama Uniforms. That would not be good for us. Avery and Co. would get very very dangerous adding those 2. SEC contender for sure.

Bama is dangerous without them... they're up there with Kentucky with them

It_Could_Happen
04-06-2017, 10:14 PM

I got to watch them play a few games at Memphis this year and they are the real deal. Avery is building a contender for sure. Hope Howland can do the same.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-07-2017, 07:41 AM
I got to watch them play a few games at Memphis this year and they are the real deal. Avery is building a contender for sure. Hope Howland can do the same.

And I bet with Byrne there now, you'll see their baseball program continue to grow. If they commit to all big 3 sports, it won't be much fun for the rest of the league.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-07-2017, 11:53 AM

Holy S%#$ if this happens. Braxton Key, Sexton and those two....Yea they will be a tough out.

smootness
04-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Holy S%#$ if this happens. Braxton Key, Sexton and those two....Yea they will be a tough out.

Sexton may be a one-and-done, and Key may be gone after next year...which would mean they would never play together. But yeah, either way let's hope they don't go to Bama.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-07-2017, 11:59 AM
They will probably get Watford in 2019 class as well. I know Howland got off to a hot start in recruiting but Avery Johnson has taken it to another level.

smootness
04-07-2017, 12:08 PM
They will probably get Watford in 2019 class as well. I know Howland got off to a hot start in recruiting but Avery Johnson has taken it to another level.

It's really just Sexton, though. Their 2017 class is a really good one, but after Sexton, it's not better than our 2016 class. And we have Nick W who is not far behind Sexton. They don't have anyone of note for 2018 yet, and they may get Watford in 2019, but he's an in-state kid, and we haven't even begun to talk about 2019 for us yet, so who knows who we'll target there.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-07-2017, 01:51 PM
... and we haven't even begun to talk about 2019 for us yet, so who knows who we'll target there.

Hopefully DJ Jeffries..

WSOPdawg
04-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Looks like they're Kansas-bound and will be Jayhawks. That's about the best we can hope for if we weren't in the transfer picture as we don't have to play against them.