PDA

View Full Version : Required Reading for the board.

Pinto
04-03-2017, 12:38 PM
This is why this team excelled.
(http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19063927)

mstatefan91
04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
If the only reason she didn't play a single second in the 4th was due to energy/out of gas, then Coach deserves to be questioned. Take a time out and remind Mo how she made it here and encourage her to give it her all, whatever that may be, to try to win the game.

Now, I think there may be a little more to the story, but we may never know.

Great interview though.

KB21
04-03-2017, 01:28 PM
If the only reason she didn't play a single second in the 4th was due to energy/out of gas, then Coach deserves to be questioned. Take a time out and remind Mo how she made it here and encourage her to give it her all, whatever that may be, to try to win the game.

Now, I think there may be a little more to the story, but we may never know.

Great interview though.

I disagree with this. There was one point during the game where the announcers made the comment that Vic went to Morgan during a time out during the third quarter and asked what he had to tell her to get her to try harder. She was spent. She just didn't have it in her at this time. Coach Vic can't put the team into a situation where they are playing 4 on 5.

mstatefan91
04-03-2017, 01:35 PM
I disagree with this. There was one point during the game where the announcers made the comment that Vic went to Morgan during a time out during the third quarter and asked what he had to tell her to get her to try harder. She was spent. She just didn't have it in her at this time. Coach Vic can't put the team into a situation where they are playing 4 on 5.

Oh I missed that. I was at the hump. Couldn't hear anything but the cowbells.

oldjoedawg
04-03-2017, 04:42 PM

KB, I agree with your assessment.....I think the UCONN win took such an emotional and physical toll on the whole team that they were all a little 'off'. That being said, I believe the run they made from the first game to the championship game should be considered legendary.....

maroonmania
04-03-2017, 04:47 PM
KB, I agree with your assessment.....I think the UCONN win took such an emotional and physical toll on the whole team that they were all a little 'off'. That being said, I believe the run they made from the first game to the championship game should be considered legendary.....

That plus its being reported that Vic ran them through a very tough practice on Saturday. If so, that was not a very smart move IMO and probably sapped what little energy they had left after the UCONN game.

Mimi's Babies
04-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Let's rehash the "CLOCK".......

HUM.... They we in OK City...... (I left out the games at MSU)

Played and BEAT 2 teams in less than 72 hours (what were those teams ranked)....
The team left there came home for 2 days ( oh yea, they went to class, had to catch up from the week before and take test)....
On the road AGAIN to Dallas, They have to travel, practice, watch film, and deal with fans.....
Somewhere in that time was eat, sleep and quite time... If there was any....

WE BEAT UCONN, #1 in the county.... then there was probably NO SLEEP or little sleep.... I noticed that the bus did not pull into the hotel until after 1:15 am, Saturday morning. So how much sleep did these girls get? Then there was watch film, eat, practice, fans, etc... SLEEP(by this time what is that)???

I counted less than 30 hours between UConn game's end and the beginning of SC.... SC did not have nearly what our girls had to deal with.

HOW MANY OF US COULD HAVE SURVIVED THAT SCHEDULE?????? NONE.... The game should have been tonight... NOT last night.... should have been at least 36 hours between the games.... js

As for Itty Bitty.... #HAILSTATE

RocketDawg
04-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Let's rehash the "CLOCK".......

HUM.... They we in OK City...... (I left out the games at MSU)

Played and BEAT 2 teams in less than 72 hours (what were those teams ranked)....
The team left there came home for 2 days ( oh yea, they went to class, had to catch up from the week before and take test)....
On the road AGAIN to Dallas, They have to travel, practice, watch film, and deal with fans.....
Somewhere in that time was eat, sleep and quite time... If there was any....

WE BEAT UCONN, #1 in the county.... then there was probably NO SLEEP or little sleep.... I noticed that the bus did not pull into the hotel until after 1:15 am, Saturday morning. So how much sleep did these girls get? Then there was watch film, eat, practice, fans, etc... SLEEP(by this time what is that)???

I counted less than 30 hours between UConn game's end and the beginning of SC.... SC did not have nearly what our girls had to deal with.

HOW MANY OF US COULD HAVE SURVIVED THAT SCHEDULE?????? NONE.... The game should have been tonight... NOT last night.... should have been at least 36 hours between the games.... js

As for Itty Bitty.... #HAILSTATE

Yeah, the game should have been tonight. But the men's game is tonight and apparently they take priority (and probaby justifiably so, given the crowd size). Another day or two of rest would have been nice but just not in the cards. But as you pointed out, they DO have to go to school. :)

S. Carolina definitely had the easiest path, and that was largely because of upsets by other teams. However, had we beat them just one game, we would have been in their position. That UConn game just took everything out of our team. I admit that I was more interested in them beating UConn than in them beating S. Carolina. They're a much more infamous foe.

msujan
04-03-2017, 07:24 PM
I was at The Hump, too, but I could see the concern on Morgan's face. She was struggling to breath, it looked as if her heart was racing, her jumps weren't as high, her arms seemed heavy. I thought she was spent.

Maroon Wizardry
04-03-2017, 07:32 PM
you could visibly see she was spent.

maroonmania
04-03-2017, 07:58 PM
This format change done this year is harmful. If this had been any other year we would have won the regional on Sunday then not have had to play the Final Four game until the next Sunday afternoon and then the final game would be tomorrow night. That's significant more rest. The way they are doing it now you play on Sunday (UConn actually played on Monday) and then you play the Final Four games on the following late Friday night (for TV I assume) and then play again Sunday afternoon. There was approximately 40 hours between the end of our semifinal game and the tipoff of our final game. That's a lot to ask of any basketball player but probably even more to ask of female basketball players. If Vic ran them through a hard practice Saturday then that only made the problem that much worse.

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Why couldn't they play a double header tonight? Women's championship first and then the men's. That would probably bring a lot more attention to the women's game as well.