PDA

View Full Version : Ranked #22 in Baseball America

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 09:57 AM
What a turnaround. Tough stretch ahead though

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Anybody familiar with FIU? I hate 2 midweek games before a huge SEC series. So dumb.

maroonmania
04-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Anybody familiar with FIU? I hate 2 midweek games before a huge SEC series. So dumb.

Pretty good team from what I understand. We may be lucky to split because I have no clue who we will start for either game. Horrible scheduling to have 2 midweek games this week. Our pitching staff is razor thin and we are now going to have 5 games in 6 days. Just not enough arms to go around.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Pretty good team from what I understand. We may be lucky to split because I have no clue who we will start for either game. Horrible scheduling to have 2 midweek games this week. Our pitching staff is razor thin and we are now going to have 5 games in 6 days. Just not enough arms to go around.

I agree

Ifyouonlyknew
04-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Yes it's a tough break but when we scheduled them I don't think we were planning on having a razor thin pitching staff.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Yes it's a tough break but when we scheduled them I don't think we were planning on having a razor thin pitching staff.

For sure....I guess I just don't understand the scheduling even with a 100% healthy staff. Why play 2 midweek games before Super Bulldog Weekend? We have multiple weeks later in the season with no midweek games at all...why not play 1 then and 1 this week? It's never smart to intentionally scheduling 5 games in 6 days during SEC play.

shoeless joe
04-03-2017, 10:29 AM
For sure....I guess I just don't understand the scheduling even with a 100% healthy staff. Why play 2 midweek games before Super Bulldog Weekend? We have multiple weeks later in the season with no midweek games at all...why not play 1 then and 1 this week? It's never smart to intentionally scheduling 5 games in 6 days during SEC play.

Pure speculation on my part...but it prolly had something to do with trying to have some solid midweek opponents and then at the same time trying to fit together their schedules along with ours. Good chance FIU said they'd come play us midweek but they gotta get two games out of the deal. So we scheduled for the available open dates and this is what we get.

confucius say
04-03-2017, 10:33 AM
I sense a midweek let down coming. Whatever, as long as we are ready by Kentucky.

SaintDawg
04-03-2017, 10:39 AM
A split with FIU and taking 2 of 3 from KY would be a huge week with our pitching being lean as it is. Keep the faith, brothers.

basedog
04-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Why not play, get more experience with young pitchers. I bet the kids would rather play than practice. I see no problem, it's baseball, not football or basketball where there is more running and contact.

maroonmania
04-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Why not play, get more experience with young pitchers. I bet the kids would rather play than practice. I see no problem, it's baseball, not football or basketball where there is more running and contact.

Not really sure which "young pitchers" you are talking about. I'm not aware of any pitchers on our active roster that aren't getting significant innings already. The only exceptions might be Mahoney and Parker Ford if he is still OK to pitch. But you aren't likely to beat even a mediocre opponent with those guys throwing.

msstate7
04-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Being ranked is quite a compliment to Cann. He's doing an outstanding job, along with Henderson

msbulldog
04-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Being ranked is quite a compliment to Cann. He's doing an outstanding job, along with Henderson

Yep, way better than I thought we would be (I thought TSUN would be better than they are). I hope we can hold it together this next week.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 12:35 PM

We have no pitching. We will be stretching it badly by playing 5 games in 6 days. It's not about experience, it's about not losing games due to lack of arms, or even worse getting someone hurt bc we have to use the same guys so many days in a row.

That being said, Hopefully a guy like Ford will get a chance to pitch and provide another option for us going forward....as long as he is healthy, we need to get him some innings. He was the headliner of that recruiting class for a reason. I know he's still working his way back to full strength and velocity, but it sure would be great if the coaches let him get some innings now and he could possibly hit his stride come postseason time and give us a reliable arm. Remember, Girodo didn't hit full stride that final season until late in the year....maybe Ford could provide that late season arm for us. He clearly has the talent, I just think he needs live reps. This is the week for that imo.

msstate7
04-03-2017, 12:37 PM
We have no pitching. We will be stretching it badly by playing 5 games in 6 days. It's not about experience, it's about not losing games due to lack of arms, or even worse getting someone hurt bc we have to use the same guys so many days in a row.

That being said, Hopefully a guy like Ford will get a chance to pitch and provide another option for us going forward....as long as he is healthy, we need to get him some innings. He was the headliner of that recruiting class for a reason. I know he's still working his way back to full strength and velocity, but it sure would be great if the coaches let him get some innings now and he could possibly hit his stride come postseason time and give us a reliable arm. Remember, Girodo didn't hit full stride that final season until late in the year....maybe Ford could provide that late season arm for us. He clearly has the talent, I just think he needs live reps. This is the week for that imo.

What is it 11 games in 17 days?

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 12:51 PM
What is it 11 games in 17 days?

Something like that

msstate7
04-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Something like that

Pretty close to a pro stretch

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Pretty close to a pro stretch