PDA

View Full Version : Next year

drummerdawg
04-02-2017, 08:35 PM
We return Vivians, McCowan, William and several players that got minutes. We'll also add 2 5* players, 1 being a true freshman and the other a transfer. I'll definitely miss Dillingham but I think we'll have a chance to be even better next year.

ShotgunDawg
04-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Agree. Hopefully one of those 5 stars is an Aja Wilson type or at least someone who can guard her

Leeshouldveflanked
04-02-2017, 08:37 PM
50/50 chance Okorie gets another year of Eligibility as well.... she had to sit out Freshman year like Ado ....

msstate7
04-02-2017, 08:37 PM
South Carolina and uconn return pretty much everyone too

RocketDawg
04-02-2017, 08:42 PM
South Carolina and uconn return pretty much everyone too

Just the fact that everyone now mentions us in the same sentence with that team is quite meaningful.

msstate7
04-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Just the fact that everyone now mentions us in the same sentence with that team is quite meaningful.

Yes it is

Quaoarsking
04-02-2017, 08:49 PM
We need to find someone to play the 4, maybe one of the freshmen. Should be one of the best backcourts in America

Dawgface
04-02-2017, 09:22 PM
We return Vivians, McCowan, William and several players that got minutes. We'll also add 2 5* players, 1 being a true freshman and the other a transfer. I'll definitely miss Dillingham but I think we'll have a chance to be even better next year.

I will certainly miss Dillingham. She's a fighter. I do think the girls will be very good next year with what we have returning and coming in.

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-02-2017, 09:31 PM
We will be guard heavy next year.

Victoria Vivians
Morgan William
Blair Schaefer
Jazzmun Holmes
Roshunda Johnson

Then you have Arkansas transfer (2nd semester) Jordan Danberry
Redshirt Jacaira Allen

Incoming Freshmen
Myah Taylor
Nyah Tate
Bre'Amber Scott

Would be HUGE if Okorie was able to come back. I don't know what we are going to do at forward. Have a redshirt Fr available and a signee who was rated a 3* and that's it. We definitely need to sign some forwards and another big to groom down the line.

drummerdawg
04-02-2017, 09:52 PM
Don't we have a kid coming in from Australia or somewhere overseas?

32 Dive
04-02-2017, 10:24 PM
Tennessee is reloading, as well. They have 2 of the top 10 girls for 2017, and already have 2 top 25 commits for 2018.

AlSwearengen
04-02-2017, 11:38 PM
One of the announcers mentioned that a player from Duke, who might be the best player in the country was transferring to Uconn next year. They will probably win it next year.

blacklistedbully
04-03-2017, 12:06 AM
We will be guard heavy next year.

Victoria Vivians
Morgan William
Blair Schaefer
Jazzmun Holmes
Roshunda Johnson

Then you have Arkansas transfer (2nd semester) Jordan Danberry
Redshirt Jacaira Allen

Incoming Freshmen
Myah Taylor
Nyah Tate
Bre'Amber Scott

Would be HUGE if Okorie was able to come back. I don't know what we are going to do at forward. Have a redshirt Fr available and a signee who was rated a 3* and that's it. We definitely need to sign some forwards and another big to groom down the line.

Do not want her. Have real concerns about her being a cancer to the team. Kinda like Colin Kaepernick. I do not think she is a good fit for us. She'd fit in more at Cal-Berkeley.

headcoach98
04-03-2017, 08:04 AM
I like the fact that although we lose some terrific seniors we will add ladies who can score better. Gotta find a third scorer to go with Victoria and Morgan. Really hoping Williams from Gulfport can lock down the 4 spot beside McCowan. Roshunda Johnson should be completely healthy and ready to fill the 2 guard spot. Iggy Allen will provide great scoring depth off the bench.

headcoach98
04-03-2017, 08:05 AM
Wow I forgot all about her, she's like a Candance Parker type player(same height too). The rich get richer.
One of the announcers mentioned that a player from Duke, who might be the best player in the country was transferring to Uconn next year. They will probably win it next year.

ShotgunDawg
04-03-2017, 08:14 AM

There's something about this rule that seems like complete BS. This shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Gonzaga is now doing the same thing in Men's basketball and it's going to limit the success of mid-major if all they are is a farm system for the top schools.

msstate7
04-03-2017, 08:22 AM
There's something about this rule that seems like complete BS. This shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Gonzaga is now doing the same thing in Men's basketball and it's going to limit the success of mid-major if all they are is a farm system for the top schools.

We're getting a 5* from Arkansas aren't we?

smootness
04-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Do not want her. Have real concerns about her being a cancer to the team. Kinda like Colin Kaepernick. I do not think she is a good fit for us. She'd fit in more at Cal-Berkeley.

This is blown so far out of proportion it's insane.

Anyway, yes, we will be hurting at forward. But the player likely to fill that spot is someone I haven't heard anyone mention - Ameshya Williams. I have really liked what I've seen from the brief time she's been on court. I think she could become a really good player for us down the line, scores with ease.

Obviously getting Okorie back would be huge. Otherwise, the only non-guards we'll have are McCowan, Williams, and Zion Campbell.

Our guards have a chance to be fantastic, but we'll be pretty small overall.

louisvilledawg
04-03-2017, 08:35 AM
We're getting a 5* from Arkansas aren't we?

Already got her. Jordan Danberry. Eligible the Spring semester of 18

Tbonewannabe
04-03-2017, 08:38 AM

I don't think Vic would let anyone damage the locker room. I doubt he puts up with much stuff.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-03-2017, 09:42 AM

Are you close to the situation? If not then STFU

Quaoarsking
04-03-2017, 10:01 AM

Of course not. He's just being a #twiggered #snowflake because Arkansas players did a kneeling protest at 1 exhibition game last year (and never again) and apparently that makes Jordan eternally irredeemable in his eyes. Of course there's no evidence that Jordan organized the protest, plans to do one again, or ever was a "cancer" on Arkansas or any other team for that or any other reason, but emotion trumps facts for a lot of people.

blacklistedbully
04-03-2017, 03:10 PM

Are you? Then STFU

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Are you? Then STFU

I am not the dumbass saying that JD is going to be a problem.

blacklistedbully
04-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Of course not. He's just being a #twiggered #snowflake because Arkansas players did a kneeling protest at 1 exhibition game last year (and never again) and apparently that makes Jordan eternally irredeemable in his eyes. Of course there's no evidence that Jordan organized the protest, plans to do one again, or ever was a "cancer" on Arkansas or any other team for that or any other reason, but emotion trumps facts for a lot of people.

Both of you are FOS. When I heard about her I started checking her tweets to get an idea myself. She comes across as a liberal activist who supports and promotes things that would make her a hero in SF Bay Area, but an outcast at MSU. And I do not care for any athletes who use their position as scholarship athletes to promote their personal political beliefs. They tend to bring with them harmful distractions.

I have no problem with her having and expressing them in her own personal time....but when she chooses to do it in a school uniform and/or at a school event at which she is representing our team...I've got a problem. To me, that reeks of a player who puts herself ahead of her team. We don't need that.

blacklistedbully
04-03-2017, 03:20 PM
I am not the dumbass saying that JD is going to be a problem.

No, you are the dumbass who can't imagine it even being a possibility.

ETA - I didn't say she "is going to be a problem". I said I have concerns she could be. I don't think she's worth the risk, particularly when I look at her underwhelming stats at UPig, and the fact she is another guard.

ScoobaDawg
04-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Both of you are FOS. When I heard about her I started checking her tweets to get an idea myself. She comes across as a liberal activist who supports and promotes things that would make her a hero in SF Bay Area, but an outcast at MSU. And I do not care for any athletes who use their position as scholarship athletes to promote their personal political beliefs. They tend to bring with them harmful distractions.

I have no problem with her having and expressing them in her own personal time....but when she chooses to do it in a school uniform and/or at a school event at which she is representing our team...I've got a problem. To me, that reeks of a player who puts herself ahead of her team. We don't need that.

Look. I get your view but disagree with it. Keep the political crap out of here until she does something ON the COURT that affects the team. Even then, Vic will handle it HOW HE WANTS and I think we will all be ok with that considering what we just played for.

blacklistedbully
04-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Look. I get your view but disagree with it. Keep the political crap out of here until she does something ON the COURT that affects the team. Even then, Vic will handle it HOW HE WANTS and I think we will all be ok with that considering what we just played for.

I didn't intend for this to turn political, rather I was just responding in-kind.

As far as your point about waiting..she has already shown she is willing to push her politics on the court and in uniform. Waiting until it happens here is waiting until it is already a problem. It's not as if she has no track record that makes it at least a possibility.

I'm not here to make this a political discussion. I only speak of it here as it relates to my concern about team chemistry. I have little doubt there are current members of our teams who share many of her beliefs. Difference is, they don't use their platform as an MSU athlete at athletic events to politicize the event.

smootness
04-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Your take can basically be summed up by saying, 'I don't want liberals playing for State if they're going to have the audacity to talk about their beliefs on social media.'

You're making a ton of assumptions. The Arkansas team wanted to make a statement. You could make the argument that by standing with her teammates, that means she is likely to make herself a part of the team and support her teammates. There has been no indication she has been a problem within her team at any point in her life.

Plus, you have no idea what our athletes think about it. There's a chance most of them are in agreement with her.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 04:15 PM
I wasn't aware of Okorie possibly getting another year...is that true? I thought she played better than McCowan in certain matchups down the stretch. Seems like it would be huge for depth if she returned

ScoobaDawg
04-03-2017, 04:20 PM
I didn't intend for this to turn political, rather I was just responding in-kind.

As far as your point about waiting..she has already shown she is willing to push her politics on the court and in uniform. Waiting until it happens here is waiting until it is already a problem. It's not as if she has no track record that makes it at least a possibility.

I'm not here to make this a political discussion. I only speak of it here as it relates to my concern about team chemistry. I have little doubt there are current members of our teams who share many of her beliefs. Difference is, they don't use their platform as an MSU athlete at athletic events to politicize the event.

She hasn't used her place as a MSU athlete to do it. She did it once in an exh. game as pointed out and not again. You are contuining to base your beliefs about her on her PERSONAL twitter page. Where she is allowed to say any damn thing she wants about her opinions as long as they aren't about the team or the school.

I think it's a subject that needs to die. We need to be supporting her as a PART of OUR UNIVERSITY and OUR TEAM now that she is here.
If it was an issue, you damn well know Vic would have already addressed it. he's not going to let a cancer be a part of what he has built. So, I'm gonna ask you stop pushing this because you disagree with her twitter posts. She is not a cancer to the team. She is a member of the team.

blacklistedbully
04-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Your take can basically be summed up by saying, 'I don't want liberals playing for State if they're going to have the audacity to talk about their beliefs on social media.'

You're making a ton of assumptions. The Arkansas team wanted to make a statement. You could make the argument that by standing with her teammates, that means she is likely to make herself a part of the team and support her teammates. There has been no indication she has been a problem within her team at any point in her life.

Plus, you have no idea what our athletes think about it. There's a chance most of them are in agreement with her.

Wow. Way to totally distort what I actually said to support a straw-man argument.

I VERY CLEARLY stated I support her right to express herself, including her political beliefs on her own time. I CLEARLY stated that my issue is when athletes USE THEIR POSITIONS AS ATHLETES AT ATHLETIC EVENTS to PROMOTE their political agenda.

If I wanted to make it about her personal posts in social media, I would have brought up comments she's made questioning half the country for voting for "a gorilla" for president instead of Hillary. Or I could have posted any of a number of posts by her that sound a lot like race-baiting.

I could have posted about her being a part of the ultra-left crowd that has, from day one advocated impeaching Trump. All of these are things I didn't post until now because of your baseless accusation. But these are also reasons why she would probably fit in better at Cal, instead of MSU.

I live in Cali, so see first-hand every day what the ultra-left is like and how unbalanced and unhinged they become, and how much it permeates everything they do in life. She is clearly one of those. While I don't ever demand anyone agree with my political opinions (I'm married to a liberal democrat), I do believe I have a right to state my concern that such a person on our team, living in a conservative environment to which she will no doubt chafe against, will ultimately cause problems with our team because she will not ultimately be able to suppress her "moral outrage", and will place that above the team.

Perhaps you want to advocate for allowing her to post what she wants on social media without criticism, but deny it for me?

ScoobaDawg
04-03-2017, 04:33 PM
I wasn't aware of Okorie possibly getting another year...is that true? I thought she played better than McCowan in certain matchups down the stretch. Seems like it would be huge for depth if she returned

There was a mention of it in a feature on her by the CL in Jan.
Will wrote an incorrect fact though, she was not redshirted her Fr. year. you aren't allowed to redshirt when you aren't academically eligible. I guess she could petition for a 5th year based on the lost Fr year. But she wasn't able to apply for that (if she chooses) until after this season had completed. She might just want to go see her family for the first time in over 5 years. She will finish her second degree in May, and then have a bachelors degree in Business Admin and Marketing.

From the CL
"After redshirting her freshman season, Okorie is hopeful that she will be granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA to play next season. Without needing to take summer classes — that, plus the cost of a plane ticket to Nigeria has prevented her from going back, she said — Okorie may finally see her family again in May."

ScoobaDawg
04-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Wow. Way to totally distort what I actually said to support a straw-man argument.

You two take it to a PM. We only want to talk about on the court stuff (ON OUR COURT) in this thread. I'm tired of trying to explain that to you.

blacklistedbully
04-03-2017, 04:37 PM
You two take it to a PM. We only want to talk about on the court stuff (ON OUR COURT) in this thread. I'm tired of trying to explain that to you.

Roger, though no need for the, "I'm tired of trying to explain" remark. I'd replied to your "on-the-court" comment. It was a good point, but also one I have supported as well. You did not specify you wanted to limit it to just "our court" until this past, denigrating comment. That was uncalled for, IMO.

I any case...no more "politics" on this thread from me.

maroonmania
04-03-2017, 04:52 PM
There was a mention of it in a feature on her by the CL in Jan.
Will wrote an incorrect fact though, she was not redshirted her Fr. year. you aren't allowed to redshirt when you aren't academically eligible. I guess she could petition for a 5th year based on the lost Fr year. But she wasn't able to apply for that (if she chooses) until after this season had completed. She might just want to go see her family for the first time in over 5 years. She will finish her second degree in May, and then have a bachelors degree in Business Admin and Marketing.

From the CL
"After redshirting her freshman season, Okorie is hopeful that she will be granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA to play next season. Without needing to take summer classes — that, plus the cost of a plane ticket to Nigeria has prevented her from going back, she said — Okorie may finally see her family again in May."

No worries, Bracky has it covered.**

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-04-2017, 01:52 PM

^^ This ^^ It is almost like some idiots don't trust Vic to make good decisions for HIS team. If he allowed her to transfer in, it's because he felt like she could help the team win simple as that. He won't put up with BS.

maroonmania
04-04-2017, 02:05 PM
^^ This ^^ It is almost like some idiots don't trust Vic to make good decisions for HIS team. If he allowed her to transfer in, it's because he felt like she could help the team win simple as that. He won't put up with BS.

Not only that but its not like she just transferred in here last week. She has already been a part of the program for the better part of a year as a transfer which means that she has essentially done everything with the team except play in games. I'm sure Vic has already laid out what his expectations are for her just like he does for all of his players. He doesn't put up with a lot.

tcdog70
04-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Don't we have a kid coming in from Australia or somewhere overseas?

Chloe Bibby-----------------------https://youtu.be/3HvgdCyksYs

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-04-2017, 02:23 PM
This begs the question then. Does this mean Ado can get an extra year?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Wont help us next year but we have Daphne White coming in year after that and I think she could eventually be Aja Wilson type. She 6'4"

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-04-2017, 02:28 PM
No, you are the dumbass who can't imagine it even being a possibility.

ETA - I didn't say she "is going to be a problem". I said I have concerns she could be. I don't think she's worth the risk, particularly when I look at her underwhelming stats at UPig, and the fact she is another guard.

Why don't you let Coach Vic deal with that? Do you not trust him? Don't you think he knows her more than just trolling her Twitter feed?

smootness
04-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Wont help us next year but we have Daphne White coming in year after that and I think she could eventually be Aja Wilson type. She 6'4"

I certainly hope she can be, but she's not in the top 60 of the 2018 class right now. Wilson was the clear #1 in her class.

I'm really hoping the exposure from beating UConn has a big impact on recruiting going forward.

blacklistedbully
04-04-2017, 02:50 PM

What part of "drop it" do you not get, asshole?

msu202020
04-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Kalea Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina are both going to forgo Senior Season and declare for the WNBA. That should help out some for next year.

ScoobaDawg
04-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Kalea Davis and Allisha Gray from South Carolina are both going to forgo Senior Season and declare for the WNBA. That should help out some for next year.Wow... yes. the draft is April 13th so not likely they pull there names out before Saturday night. That's a nice help.

ScoobaDawg
04-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Washington's head coach Mike Neighbors is the new Arkansas head coach

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/mike-neighbors-leaves-uw-women-and-returns-to-arkansas/ (http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/mike-neighbors-leaves-uw-women-and-returns-to-arkansas/)

ScoobaDawg
04-04-2017, 04:53 PM
3 players from Maryland are transferring out, including the Fr of the year. She's going closer to home "west of the Mississippi" But would we maybe go after Fr Jenna Staiti ?6'6 center from Georgia who also wants to be closer to home?