PDA

View Full Version : Proud Of Girls

ShotgunDawg
04-02-2017, 07:10 PM
- South Carolina is just much better than us. At every level they are more athletic and explosive.

- McCowan got her butt kicked by Wilson today

- Dawn Staley owns Vic. She just does.

- Surprised Will Muschamp couldn't use Aja Wilson. She's like Alshon Jeffrey but runs over more people.

- Women's basketball refereeing sucks. The lack of charge calls early in the game made it basically impossible for us to play defense.

- I'm 17ing sick of our teams playing like complete ass in National Title games. Yes, proud to be there, but this is twice in a row in national title games that we've played our worst.

Mimi's Babies
04-02-2017, 07:14 PM
WE will SURVIVE.....

#PRAISETHELORDandGODAWGS....

Bully13
04-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Sux but I'm proud of our girls. Watched William's buzzer at least 10 times.

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2017, 07:19 PM
It just seems every time we get close, we have something happens that changes the complexion of everything - a line drive off a pitcher, an emotional hard fought win no one was expecting to happen, running into an unstoppable force of nature on the other time.

Someday, it will be our chance. I feel like we are closer in more sports than ever before.

Dawgface
04-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Bad match up for our team. Proven by 3 straight losses to them. But a great season non the less. Maybe one day we will have the little extra to get over the final hump.

fader2103
04-02-2017, 07:22 PM
You are tired of our teams playing like shit in national title games???? Seriously we only played in two.

Coackjek
04-02-2017, 07:27 PM
It just seems every time we get close, we have something happens that changes the complexion of everything - a line drive off a pitcher, an emotional hard fought win no one was expecting to happen, running into an unstoppable force of nature on the other time.

Someday, it will be our chance. I feel like we are closer in more sports than ever before.

Agree 100%! Half the challenge is getting there. But we were taken out of our game early. Partly coaching, denying William, and partly taken out of our game by not having the charge called.

WPDawg
04-02-2017, 07:36 PM
I like us playing in National Championship games. Lets keep it up.

I seen it dawg
04-02-2017, 09:02 PM
- South Carolina is just much better than us. At every level they are more athletic and explosive.

- McCowan got her butt kicked by Wilson today

- Dawn Staley owns Vic. She just does.

- Surprised Will Muschamp couldn't use Aja Wilson. She's like Alshon Jeffrey but runs over more people.

- Women's basketball refereeing sucks. The lack of charge calls early in the game made it basically impossible for us to play defense.

- I'm 17ing sick of our teams playing like complete ass in National Title games. Yes, proud to be there, but this is twice in a row in national title games that we've played our worst.

do you hear yourself? Do you know how absolutely dumb this sounds? Do,you know how hard it is to even get to the last game? And how many that never do...shit we got beat by a better team in UCLA in baseball and a better team tonite. Our programs are playing for titles...not a lot of schools have that.

ShotgunDawg
04-02-2017, 10:13 PM
do you hear yourself? Do you know how absolutely dumb this sounds? Do,you know how hard it is to even get to the last game? And how many that never do...shit we got beat by a better team in UCLA in baseball and a better team tonite. Our programs are playing for titles...not a lot of schools have that.

Uh, we got beat by a better team in UCLA? Please explain that

We had 8 Major Leaguers & they had 2 Major Leaguers.

maroonmania
04-03-2017, 08:46 AM
SC is better but I would not say much better. We absolutely should have won the first regular season matchup which was more decided by officiating than anything else. We also outplayed them 3 quarters in the SEC tournament but I don't know what happened in the 4th other than we just either ran out of gas or lost focus. Yesterday, not saying we would have won anyway, but it was pretty obvious we were just out of gas after the first quarter. We had a MUCH harder trek getting to the finals than SC did. There was never really a game late in the 4th quarter where SC had to dig deep to win any of their games. We had to beat 2 one seeds along the way to get there and had to go OT in both of those to do it.

Eric Nies Grind Time
04-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Uh, we got beat by a better team in UCLA? Please explain that

We had 8 Major Leaguers & they had 2 Major Leaguers.

These things generally take consistency and luck. If you stay at a high level in a sport you should eventually break through. Look at our path in the tourney vs South Carolina's. South Carolina got a 12 seed in the Sweet 16. We had a 3 seed then faced 3 #1 seeds in a row. That's unlucky. Kudo's to Vic for making it that far with that kind of draw.

Cooterpoot
04-03-2017, 09:08 AM
We should've taken care of business at the end of the regular season. Had we won the regular season SEC championship and not pissed away games we should've won, we'd have gotten a better draw. Of course, we wouldn't have that monumental upset of UConn and all the crazy pub either. SC was just better than us. They're long and athletic and have probably the best player in women's basketball in Wilson. They handled us 3 times. There's no debate.

tcdog70
04-03-2017, 09:20 AM
after losing to them twice, i would like to have seen Vic try something a little different. the fact they made 0 three pointers makes me wonder why not try a zone with both of our big girls. Stop 22 from driving by our people and just running over us to get to the foul line. Put a big girl in the high post and the other in the low post. Go inside out to where Vivians is squared up and can shoot a good shot. Too many times we give her the ball with 8 seconds and expect her to get us points. She is excellent when she shoots in transition but the last half of the season we wouldn't take those shots. But hey, it got us to the Natty Championship game.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-03-2017, 09:28 AM
nm

maroonmania
04-03-2017, 09:38 AM
after losing to them twice, i would like to have seen Vic try something a little different. the fact they made 0 three pointers makes me wonder why not try a zone with both of our big girls. Stop 22 from driving by our people and just running over us to get to the foul line. Put a big girl in the high post and the other in the low post. Go inside out to where Vivians is squared up and can shoot a good shot. Too many times we give her the ball with 8 seconds and expect her to get us points. She is excellent when she shoots in transition but the last half of the season we wouldn't take those shots. But hey, it got us to the Natty Championship game.

Discussed yesterday but both Schafer and Howland seem to be stubbornly hardheaded about wanting to play man-to-man 100% of the time in all situations. I'm not sure why that is.

tcdog70
04-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Discussed yesterday but both Schafer and Howland seem to be stubbornly hardheaded about wanting to play man-to-man 100% of the time in all situations. I'm not sure why that is.

when the other teams guards are 6'2" and yours are 5'5" and 5'9" and you think they won't take your ass to the rack, you are living in LaLa Land.They might just beat you everytime they play you--oh wait they did.