PDA

View Full Version : Nothing good to say.............

West Tn Dawg
04-02-2017, 07:09 PM
don't nothing!!!!!! I'll just keep my mouth shut!!!!!

Great run Girls! (Best I can do!)

fader2103
04-02-2017, 07:28 PM
You can't say one thing? We never gave up. Yes the last two mins was ugly but we didn't quit.

NCDawg
04-02-2017, 07:33 PM
We had no answer for Wilson.

smootness
04-02-2017, 07:35 PM
We had no answer for Wilson.

This is it. We don't have a player like that, which is why I didn't think we could beat the elite teams and why the Baylor and UConn wins were so miraculous.

Statecoachingblows**
04-02-2017, 07:37 PM
The Mississippi State Bulldogs were one of the teams playing for the National Championship tonight. That's a pretty good thing to say

HSVDawg
04-02-2017, 07:38 PM
This is it. We don't have a player like that, which is why I didn't think we could beat the elite teams and why the Baylor and UConn wins were so miraculous.

To be honest though, Baylor and UConn don't even have a player like that either. She's the best player in the nation by a country mile. Vic wasn't lying when he said that in his pregame comments.

dawgday166
04-02-2017, 07:38 PM

I didn't see a player like her on UConn or Baylor's team either.

msstate7
04-02-2017, 07:39 PM
To be honest though, Baylor and UConn don't even have a player like that either. She's the best player in the nation by a country mile. Vic wasn't lying when he said that in his pregame comments.

Then why not double team or zone. How many times do we continue to try what doesn't work?

dawgday166
04-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Then why not double team or zone. How many times do we continue to try what doesn't work?

Not sure double team is the answer. Probably should try zone some ... and tonight that might have saved the legs some that were already wore out on our team.

smootness
04-02-2017, 07:46 PM

Wilson is probably the best team in the country, but both Baylor and UConn far outpace us in talent. Katie Lou Samuelson is every bit the talent Wilson is, just not as experienced yet.

BeardoMSU
04-02-2017, 07:49 PM
SC was our kryptonite this year. I would've preferred to play any other team on their side of the bracket. That, coupled with us being gassed, it just wasn't in the cards...the difficulty of our bracket wore us down for them.

lamont
04-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Wasnt just Wilson- they were killing us with offensive rebounds and getting to the FT line or making baskets.

SC was simply a better basketball team on both ends of the court.

bobcat91
04-02-2017, 08:04 PM
They outscored us in the paint by 22 and on the FT line. They were more aggressive and Vic is too damn stubborn to play a zone to prevent folks from walking into the basket area. His not playing William or for that matter his own daughter much was a head scratcher. These are once in a lifetime games and we just watched a dumbass say it's my way or the highway and act like he had never seen USC before. Incredibly bad game plan and they beat us worse in each game. Hence, they made adjustments and we did not. Thanks for a truly idiotic game plan

basedog
04-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Wasnt just Wilson- they were killing us with offensive rebounds and getting to the FT line or making baskets.

SC was simply a better basketball team on both ends of the court.

Not sure some were watching what you and I think, talent won this.

msstate7
04-02-2017, 08:06 PM
They outscored us in the paint by 22 and on the FT line. They were more aggressive and Vic is too damn stubborn to play a zone to prevent folks from walking into the basket area. His not playing William or for that matter his own daughter much was a head scratcher. These are once in a lifetime games and we just watched a dumbass say it's my way or the highway and act like he had never seen USC before. Incredibly bad game plan and they beat us worse in each game. Hence, they made adjustments and we did not. Thanks for a truly idiotic game plan

I agree

William in 23 mins...

8 pts -- 12 by VV was leader

4 assists -- no one else had more than 1. 8 total by team

4 FTs -- team leader

1 steal -- tied for team lead

Commercecomet24
04-02-2017, 08:08 PM
SC got every loose ball and every rebound. We were a step slow on everything. The charges we usually get were blocks cause we were late getting to the spot. They beat us it happens, but this was a historic run and proud of the team and coaches.

Eric Nies Grind Time
04-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Beating 3 #1 seeds in a row is an insane task for anyone.

I seen it dawg
04-02-2017, 08:59 PM

The same reason you keep posting the stupid shit you post I guess.

HSVDawg

Asking Vic to play zone is akin to asking Jim Boeheim or John Chaney to play man. Suffocating man to man D is his calling card and what he knows. He probably spent less than half an hour of practice time all season coaching zone defense.

I seen it dawg

Some of the dumbest shit posted in awhile. Sober up

msstate7
04-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Asking Vic to play zone is akin to asking Jim Boeheim or John Chaney to play man. Suffocating man to man D is his calling card and what he knows. He probably spent less than half an hour of practice time all season coaching zone defense.

Better work on it this offseason bc Wilson will only be better

HSVDawg
04-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Wilson is probably the best team in the country, but both Baylor and UConn far outpace us in talent. Katie Lou Samuelson is every bit the talent Wilson is, just not as experienced yet.

Agree about Baylor and UConn outpacing us in talent. Both of those teams have 2-3 players that would all be the 2nd best player on South Carolina's team.

Disagree about Samuelson. She's a terrific shooter, but there are a lot of those out there. Plenty of good defensive guards out there can match up with her and contain her like Dillingham did the other night. Wilson's insane combination of size and athleticism makes her an impossible mismatch for any player in the country. McCowan had two inches on her but couldn't even come close to contesting anything she put up due to her athleticism.

bobcat91
04-02-2017, 09:38 PM
Some of the dumbest shit posted in awhile. Sober up

The next time you see good coaching will be your first. It is the height of ignorance to see what you are doing isn't working, but decide to keep doing it. They were more athletic, so you counter by forcing them out of their comfort zone. Unlike a lot of MSU fans, I wasn't just happy to be there. Vic screwed this up and most of yall refuse to admit it. The little lady that got us there sat on the bench half the game. Sorry if you think that's good coaching. He didn't try that hard to get the ball to T. Sorry if you think that's good coaching. And he let them drive into the lane all night long, but played the same defense. Sorry if you think that's good coaching. And if we were just going to say that a team is better than us, so lets go home, then we would have never beaten UConn or Baylor.

All week long, William was the media darling and got more positive publicity than we could ever hope to buy. So we sit her half the game. Sorry if you are too love struck over Vic to realize that he got his ass handed to him.

I seen it dawg
04-02-2017, 09:44 PM
The next time you see good coaching will be your first. It is the height of ignorance to see what you are doing isn't working, but decide to keep doing it. They were more athletic, so you counter by forcing them out of their comfort zone. Unlike a lot of MSU fans, I wasn't just happy to be there. Vic screwed this up and most of yall refuse to admit it. The little lady that got us there sat on the bench half the game. Sorry if you think that's good coaching. He didn't try that hard to get the ball to T. Sorry if you think that's good coaching. And he let them drive into the lane all night long, but played the same defense. Sorry if you think that's good coaching. And if we were just going to say that a team is better than us, so lets go home, then we would have never beaten UConn or Baylor.

All week long, William was the media darling and got more positive publicity than we could ever hope to buy. So we sit her half the game. Sorry if you are too love struck over Vic to realize that he got his ass handed to him.

Ok this was dumber.

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 10:41 PM

Why don't you go sleep it off. NO WAY IN HELL Coach Schaefer deserves that garbage. He's a fantastic coach, and I wouldn't trade him for anybody, including Geno and Staley.

We've gotten better every year....exceeded our goal of making the FF, and he's done it with less overall talent than the other top teams in the NCAA.

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 10:49 PM
And that defense that, "didn't work" 3 times vs SCar, actually did work the first time. We just got shafted in the 1st game by refs.

mstatefan91
04-02-2017, 10:49 PM

"Hey ladies, I know we never play zone and have only realistically practiced it 30 minutes or so this whole season, but we're gonna play zone in the National Championship for practically the first time. You guys got this right?"

See how that doesn't work?

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 10:51 PM
"Hey ladies, I know we never play zone and have only realistically practiced it 30 minutes or so this whole season, but we're gonna play zone in the National Championship for practically the first time. You guys got this right?"

Exactly!

bobcat91
04-02-2017, 10:52 PM
If you really try, you can separate the fact that Vic is a good coach, but had a horrible game plan, and made no adjustments to what they were doing. I may be asking too much.

lamont
04-02-2017, 10:54 PM

You cant preach tough, full-court W2W defense as the backbone of your program and then abandon it in the championship game.

msstate7
04-02-2017, 10:57 PM
And that defense that, "didn't work" 3 times vs SCar, actually did work the first time. We just got shafted in the 1st game by refs.

The first game we shot over 55% in the 1st half. We didn't go above 42% the next 5 halves. The 1st half offense in the 1st game was an anomaly, which is why we were in that game

bobcat91
04-02-2017, 10:58 PM
You cant preach tough, full-court W2W defense as the backbone of your program and then abandon it in the championship game.

So if you aren't going to be a damn coach and make adjustments, then what are you there for? They dictated the game to the mighty Minister of Defense, who got his ass kicked sideways. But I forgot, that this is where everyone thinks he invented basketball.

msstate7
04-02-2017, 11:00 PM

What about a double team?

Vic better practice zone this offseason bc Wilson is back and she'll be even better. If we continue to go man with no help, we'll continue to lose to South Carolina

mstatefan91
04-02-2017, 11:01 PM
So if you aren't going to be a damn coach and make adjustments, then what are you there for? They dictated the game to the mighty Minister of Defense, who got his ass kicked sideways. But I forgot, that this is where everyone thinks he invented basketball.

Defense wasn't great tonight and that was due to what appeared to me to be tired legs as compared to USC. Now, that said 67 is not an insurmountable amount. If the offense is there, we win. USC does a great and I do mean great job frustrating our key scorers on nearly every possession. No other team has been capable of doing this against is.

mstatefan91
04-02-2017, 11:03 PM

Vic better practice zone this offseason bc Wilson is back and she'll be even better. If we continue to go man with no help, we'll continue to lose to South Carolina
Wilson is a freak of nature. She routinely beats double teams or does a good job finding an open guard on the wing.

I am not against them learning and implementing zone. The point is that it just wasn't going to happen tonight and that our normal defense is good enough to beat every other team in America.

lamont
04-02-2017, 11:18 PM

We tried to double her in the post. You cant double her at the elbow- which is where she got the ball alot. We got hurt alot more on offensive rebounds for putbacks or free throws. They had 13 off rebounds and just about every one of those was put back or caused us to foul. Wilson, Gray, and Davis scored 51 of their 66 points. Those 3 did us in- it wasnt just Wilson

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 11:56 PM
The first game we shot over 55% in the 1st half. We didn't go above 42% the next 5 halves. The 1st half offense in the 1st game was an anomaly, which is why we were in that game

Are you denying we were robbed in that first game? If not, the point remains. We played man, deserved to win, and were robbed. Our shooting percentages have nothing to do with whether going with a zone would have worked better.