PDA

View Full Version : Lay off the flopper

oildawg
04-02-2017, 02:21 PM
We ought to lay off the gal from UConn who flopped. OK, she flopped - but she did so to benefit her team. Had it been one of our gals that did it, most of us should probably be cheering her as being smart and taking a calculated risk to help the team.

Yeah, nobody likes it when it's done against your team - but there's a different standard usually applied when the shoe is on the other foot.

We ought not to be sharing her name. Even though that information can be found with a little research, we ought not to be party to sharing it. We don't want to be known as the fan base that sends her nasty tweets or litter her social media with it. Let's be better than that. OK, she got away with it, pretty savvy on her part - let's let it go. Fortunately, we still won the game.

Bully13
04-02-2017, 02:26 PM
I've got more issues with whoever made the decision than her. She still sux though.

starkvegasdawg
04-02-2017, 02:27 PM
There's a word for what she did. What is it? Oh yeah. It's cheating. A childish desperate attempt to win a game by nefarious methods after being outplayed the entire game. No sympathy or love lost.

Cloak
04-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Ehhh I agree with Oildawg. Part of basketball is flopping...its on the refs to differentiate between a flop and something real

msbulldog
04-02-2017, 02:35 PM
HEY, it was a bad call, but it got the job done. We would have done the same thing. The sad thing is it wasn't called immediately, that made it seem they were picking on us. Still a very bad call, ball was in play, incidental contact.

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Also. in her post-game interview she went out of her way to credit our ladies and not make excuses. Several reporters tried to give her an opportunity to offer excuses, but she wouldn't bite.

Very classy IMO.

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2017, 02:55 PM
We ought to lay off the gal from UConn who flopped. OK, she flopped - but she did so to benefit her team. Had it been one of our gals that did it, most of us should probably be cheering her as being smart and taking a calculated risk to help the team.

Yeah, nobody likes it when it's done against your team - but there's a different standard usually applied when the shoe is on the other foot.

We ought not to be sharing her name. Even though that information can be found with a little research, we ought not to be party to sharing it. We don't want to be known as the fan base that sends her nasty tweets or litter her social media with it. Let's be better than that. OK, she got away with it, pretty savvy on her part - let's let it go. Fortunately, we still won the game.
She cheated. She should have gone to Ole Miss.

Todd4State
04-02-2017, 03:02 PM
I'm more upset about the officials waiting 29 seconds of game time to review it. That was BS.

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 03:06 PM
She cheated. She should have gone to Ole Miss.

So when Blair or Dom get brushed by an offensive player and throw themsleves backward to sell a charge, should they have gone to UNM?

News flash - basketball players are taught from a young age to do stuff like time their jump backwards, come off their feet, hit the floor with their chin into their chest to avoid banging their heads, and slap the floor with their hands on impact in order to draw a charge.

What that girl did was a little more extreme, but the same kinda deal...to sell something as a foul that might not have been.

Blame the refs, not the players.

LC Dawg
04-02-2017, 03:18 PM
I haven't really seen many MSU folks doing anything bad in regards to the player. It's being talked about nationally because the refs went back and called the foul and when it was examined closely it shows an obvious flop. It's not our fault that people know her name.

TimberBeast
04-02-2017, 03:25 PM
There was absolutely nothing wrong with what she did, that's not cheating. THE problem is with those idiot refs.

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2017, 03:30 PM
There was absolutely nothing wrong with what she did, that's not cheating. THE problem is with those idiot refs.

It's cheating, esp the part where she grabs her throat when her throat was never touched. It was a blatant attempt to cheat. Cristiano Ronaldo would have been ashamed of that flop.

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2017, 03:31 PM
So when Blair or Dom get brushed by an offensive player and throw themsleves backward to sell a charge, should they have gone to UNM?

News flash - basketball players are taught from a young age to do stuff like time their jump backwards, come off their feet, hit the floor with their chin into their chest to avoid banging their heads, and slap the floor with their hands on impact in order to draw a charge.

What that girl did was a little more extreme, but the same kinda deal...to sell something as a foul that might not have been.

The throat grabbing crossed the line.

BiscuitEater
04-02-2017, 03:37 PM
There's a word for what she did. What is it? Oh yeah. It's cheating. A childish desperate attempt to win a game by nefarious methods after being outplayed the entire game. No sympathy or love lost.

Apparently, you haven't seen Blair Schaefer play much. Yea, the coaches daughter is really good at 3pt shots and 'flopping.' Sorry, but she put's a little drama into every charge she takes. It's part of the game.

Percho
04-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Ehhh I agree with Oildawg. Part of basketball is flopping...its on the refs to differentiate between a flop and something real

Manu Gin?bili

The greatest flopper of all time and also one very good basketball player.

maroonmania
04-02-2017, 03:51 PM

Well she did a little bit more than flop, she laid there holding her throat like she had just been jabbed there when no contact to the neck was even made. I do blame the refs more than the player because I don't know WHAT the refs were thinking watching that in slow motion. If an arm touching a head is an automatic flagrant then there should be about 25 flagrants per game in a women's basketball game.

was21
04-02-2017, 03:51 PM
alternative facts

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 04:02 PM
It's cheating, esp the part where she grabs her throat when her throat was never touched. It was a blatant attempt to cheat. Cristiano Ronaldo would have been ashamed of that flop.

Take off your maroon glasses and try to be a little objective. Dom's wrist actually did hit her in the throat. It wasn't intentional, and it wasn't hard....but it did happen. Only the announcers were going on and on about an elbow to the chin, it being flagrant, etc. Not the players fault the announcers were FOS and biased toward UConn.

How about when Mo got mauled with a shoulder and forearm shiver into the chest and head? It was, IMO a legit Flagrant 2 that should have resulted in Kia Nurse being ejected. All that said, though I'm sure it hurt pretty bad, Mo played it up as well, rolling on the floor in agony, yet less than a minute later she seemed fine, and went on to play a great game.

It is part of the game, and the players are taught to do it.

Blaming the player for it is low-brow. IF you want to legitimately bitch about UConn players, then go after Kia Nurse for that intentional, brutal hit on Mo that was clearly meant to hurt her, and Gabby Williams who congratulated her on the hit.

Geno - class
Samuelson - class
Nurse - POS
Williams - not much better for applauding Nurse

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Take off your maroon glasses and try to be a little objective. Dom's wrist actually did hit her in the throat. It wasn't intentional, and it wasn't hard....but it did happen. Only the announcers were going on and on about an elbow to the chin, it being flagrant, etc. Not the players fault the announcers were FOS and biased toward UConn.

How about when Mo got mauled with a shoulder and forearm shiver into the chest and head? It was, IMO a legit Flagrant 2 that should have resulted in Kia Nurse being ejected. All that said, though I'm sure it hurt pretty bad, Mo played it up as well, rolling on the floor in agony, yet less than a minute later she seemed fine, and went on to play a great game.

It is part of the game, and the players are taught to do it.

Blaming the player for it is low-brow. IF you want to legitimately bitch about UConn players, then go after Kia Nurse for that intentional, brutal hit on Mo that was clearly meant to hurt her, and Gabby Williams who congratulated her on the hit.

Geno - class
Samuelson - class
Nurse - POS
Williams - not much better for applauding Nurse

Why don't you put your maroon glasses ON.

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Why don't you put your maroon glasses ON.

And you wonder why I criticize you sometimes. We all say stupid things from time-to-time, but you absolutely take-the-cake.

oildawg
04-02-2017, 04:15 PM
I haven't really seen many MSU folks doing anything bad in regards to the player. It's being talked about nationally because the refs went back and called the foul and when it was examined closely it shows an obvious flop. It's not our fault that people know her name.

I saw it on one of Steve's tweets today... I just don't like pointing the negativity to a college student athlete, doing what any of us would be applauding if our player did the same thing.

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2017, 04:16 PM
And you wonder why I criticize you sometimes. We all say stupid things from time-to-time, but you absolutely take-the-cake.

What you are doing in this thread is exactly why I criticize you. Be a fan, not a sports reporter.

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 04:32 PM
What you are doing in this thread is exactly why I criticize you. Be a fan, not a sports reporter.

You are apparently too stubborn to understand being a good fan does not mean suspending logic, good sportsmanship, common decency and objectivity. It's fans like you that make me wince routinely at the thought of what others think of MSU when they read your garbage.

As I stated before, most all of us have had our moments of stupidity. But nobody makes a habit of it on this board like you.

BTW - I am considered one of the more optimistic of our fans here. I routinely pick us to do better than 99% of our fans. I have spent years on Rivals fighting numerous UNM fans getting several kicked off the board because of the way I represent MSU and go after UNM fans who attack us. Yet, here you are suggesting I'm not positive enough to be a good fan because you think you are the model.

Unreal.

CadaverDawg
04-02-2017, 04:35 PM
https://img.clipartfest.com/3454db65ca7ebbe0ab0923c277ba8f6c_filelarge-snowflakes-falling-snow-falling-clipart-gif_286-352.gif

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2017, 04:41 PM
You are apparently too stupid to understand being a good fan does not mean suspending logic, good sportsmanship, common decency and objectivity. It's fans like you that make me wince routinely at the thought of what others think of MSU when they read your garbage.

As I stated before, most all of us have had our moments of stupidity. But nobody makes a habit of it on this board like you.

BTW - I am considered one of the more optimistic of our fans here. I routinely pick us to do better than 99% of our fans. I have spent years on Rivals fighting numerous UNM fans getting several kicked off the board because of the way I represent MSU and go after UNM fans who attack us. Yet, here you are suggesting I'm not positive enough to be a good fan because you think you are the model.

Unreal.

Unreal. You just can't be a fan.

As for sportsmanship: I guess flopping qualifies as being a good sport? She flopped and tried to make it look even worse by acting like her throat had been crushed. THAT my friend is the epitome of bad sportsmanship, yet you are defending it as a legitimate part of the game. It was done against your team but you call the girl "class". She doesn't have class. Her actions spoke MUCH louder than her words after the fact. By the way, I know a LOT about flops. My username should tell you that. Ever hear of Luis Suarez? He is a heck of a player and I wish we still had him, but I detested his flopping. It was awful.

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 04:42 PM
https://img.clipartfest.com/3454db65ca7ebbe0ab0923c277ba8f6c_filelarge-snowflakes-falling-snow-falling-clipart-gif_286-352.gif

Irony

JDog13
04-02-2017, 04:45 PM
I agree. If you see any memes or funny pictures of her on twitter, RT them so everyone can see how classless it is.

Oh. Leverpool and BL, will you two go get a room and **** so we don't have to read your arguments in every thread? Thanks in advance.

DownwardDawg
04-02-2017, 04:46 PM
This may be the most MSU thread ever. We are just about to play for the national championship and our fans are worried about the feelings of a player from another team.

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2017, 04:46 PM
This may be the most MSU thread ever. We are just about to play for the national championship and our fans are worried about the feelings of a player from another team.

YEP

State82
04-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Punters do it all the time. Rarely works but they do it to the point of being comical

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Unreal. You just can't be a fan.

As for sportsmanship: I guess flopping qualifies as being a good sport? She flopped and tried to make it look even worse by acting like her throat had been crushed. THAT my friend is the epitome of bad sportsmanship, yet you are defending it as a legitimate part of the game. It was done against your team but you call the girl "class". She doesn't have class. Her actions spoke MUCH louder than her words after the fact. By the way, I know a LOT about flops. My username should tell you that. Ever hear of Luis Suarez? He is a heck of a player and I wish we still had him, but I detested his flopping. It was awful.

And there you go again. I'm a big time fan of Miss State. I'm just not a fan of yours, and despite your inflated ego, you are not a good example of what being a good fan is. You post cringe-worthy post after cringe-worthy post, then get upset and defensive if someone dares to disagree with you and point it out.

You think you are among our best fans, yet I contend you are among our worst. Were I UNM fan, I'd have you on my favorites list so I could check your posts often so i could quote you and laugh my ass off about the "clueless MSU fan".

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2017, 04:50 PM
And there you go again. I'm a big time fan of Miss State. I'm just not a fan of yours, and despite your inflated ego, you are not a good example of what being a good fan is. You post cringe-worthy post after cringe-worthy post, then get upset and defensive if someone dares to disagree with you and point it out.

You think you are among our best fans, yet I contend you are among our worst. Were I UNM fan, I'd have you on my favorites list so I could check your posts often so i could quote you and laugh my ass off about the "clueless MSU fan".

I'm GLAD you think I'm the worst. Haven't you figured that out yet? GO DAWGS!

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 04:51 PM

I'm not worried about her feelings. I'm concerned what we look like as a fanbase when we have morons posting stupid shit on public boards. Nobody here thinks UConn players read this board. But other school's fans do, and I hate to think their idea of what a typical State fan is could be someone like Liverpool.

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2017, 04:55 PM
I'm not worried about her feelings. I'm concerned what we look like as a fanbase when we have morons posting stupid shit on public boards. Nobody here thinks UConn players read this board. But other school's fans do, and I hate to think their idea of what a typical State fan is could be someone like Liverpool.

You are actually worried about what fans of other teams think of us? Interesting.....esp since you brought up Ole Miss. THAT my friend is EXACTLY what they care about the most. Enough of this useless stuff. i'm gonna watch the game. I wish I was there!

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 05:25 PM
You are actually worried about what fans of other teams think of us? Interesting.....esp since you brought up Ole Miss. THAT my friend is EXACTLY what they care about the most. Enough of this useless stuff. i'm gonna watch the game. I wish I was there!

Well, I can't very well laugh at the stupid, classless shit Yancey posts and UNM fans repeat without acknowledging we have a counterpart here in you.

RocketDawg
04-02-2017, 05:27 PM

Yep, exactly. In fact, Katie Lou Samuelson seems like a nice gal (I see no need to hide her name; everybody who has followed the women's game at all knows who she is). I don't blame her at all for the act.

We congratulate our football players when they do similar things, so we don't need to be hypocritical.

RocketDawg
04-02-2017, 05:29 PM

Yes, we should all be concerned about what fans of other schools think of us. The Southern stereotype is bad enough ... we just need to prove that it's not necessarily true.

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Well, I can't very well laugh at the stupid, classless shit Yancey posts and UNM fans repeat without acknowledging we have a counterpart here in you.

LOL, Again, if you liked what I post I'd be seriously worried.

TimberBeast
04-02-2017, 08:21 PM

This all day.

Quaoarsking
04-02-2017, 08:36 PM
What's this "don't say her name" shit?? It was pretty clearly Katie Lou Samuelson, a first team all-American and one of the 2 or 3 most recognizable college women's basketball players in the country. Any casual wbb fan knows her on site.