PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Spring Practice Edition

lamont
04-02-2017, 10:21 AM
1. Was a great 3 days in StarkVegas. I'd like to thank Taco Tuohy for sending me to the enchilada making symposium held at the America Best Value Inn and Suites. So many good techniques. While there, I was able to watch the Dawgs practice all 3 days.

2. Let's start with the glamour position- the QB. Until you stand next to Fitz- you cant really appreciate how big he is. It's amazing someone that big can run like he does. He is throwing a beautiful deep ball (when he gets the time) and is in total control out there. Very at ease and really projects what you want as your QB. Thompson? Big time talent. Hard to believe he was in HS 3 months ago. Redshirting him is not an option- he could be a possible 3 year guy. He wont overtake Fitz- but he will be the most ready to take over once Fitz leaves we have ever had. We are really good at QB.

3. We are also good at RB. We know what Aeris can do and he is working hard to get better. The big surprise is DLee. He is healthy and finally decided he wants to play. He may have worked his way into the 2 spot. Gibson is doing well also- Lee is just performing really well. There are no reps to be had at RB for Hill this Fall as the #4 guy- BUT ya never know. He can run the rock. However, with the way our OL is- he wont see the field until he is proficient in pass pro. Cant afford slip ups there

4. TE's are solid. Group works hard and knows their assignments well. Jones looks great catching the football. Green is solid. Johnson and Thomas can play. We even have a honkey working there that could give us some help blocking. Really like this group

5. WR's are meh. Mixon is the star of the group. He is hard to handle working the middle of the field. He HAS to stay healthy. Gray and Myles are the other starters. We know what we have there. Couch and Todd are not impact players. The kid we signed from the coast will be decent after a redshirt year but he isnt an impact guy either. Our success in the passing game will come from beating nickel guys and safeties in the middle of the field. Gray will slip loose every now and then down the field- but wont be anything we get often. There is noticeable drop in the talent level from 2 years ago when Wilson and the two Fred's were in it.

6. OL. Ugh. Jenkins and Calhoun are back practicing but not full speed. The surprising thing is that Calhoun was working at OG and Jenkins at Center. I could be wrong- but it looks like Rankin or Jenkins is going to be our starting Center. The other the LT. Unless its because of injury and Calhoun simply cant work there- there is simply no known explanation I can think of that would explain 2 guys working at Center in the Spring then 1 of them not being the guy in the Fall. Calhoun not getting reps there tells me he is an OG come Sept. Eiland and Phillips arent ready for SEC football. Its not often you see an OT completely whiff on a rushing DE in a drill- but we did it. Reese is ahead of them for sure. He better get ready- he has no choice. Parker, Williams, Story, Champion are about all the same player right now. Hopefully one separates by kickoff. We're not beating Bama, LSU, Auburn, or Georgia with this group.

7. DL? LOVE this group. Spencer and Rivers on one side, Sweat and Green on the other. Thats a really good 2 deep on the edges. Simmons and Thomas are good starters in the middle- we got to get some good play out of the 2nd group. Hoyett, Brown, Autry...those guys got to get ready to play some snaps.

8. Leo and Dez Harris are playing well. JT Gray playing that hybrid LB/SS type player you need in today's football. Hope Harris stays healthy. He is good when healthy. Thompson, Jung, and others need to keep working to get their snaps. Solid group

9. CB- still not real good here. We are ok. Quick, shifty guys are going to give Peters problems- but he can handle the bigger, physical WR's. Durr is what he is. Dantzler is coming on but still green. Thank goodness we get Cleveland back. Grantham's commitment to getting pressure will help this group I think.

10. Safety is a strength- Bryant and McLaurin are good players. Abram will be SEC ready in the Fall. Bryant should have a good year. McLaurin's instincts are really good

11. Kicker? No. We may as well go for it once we pass the 50. That HS kid coming in the Fall is our last hope here. Cooke has All-SEC talent. Hope he stays healthy.

We look like an improved football team for 2017. But we pretty much knew we would be. 2018 is still going to be the year for us. The OL is going to have some growing pains early- no way that they dont. They could be good enough in the 2nd half to win at @A&M because they are soft or @UPig because they arent top-tier on the DL. The defense is going to have to step up and get pressure. There is alot of excitement about Grantham and what he brings to the team. Everybody is raving about his scheme and the toughness he demands. English is an upgrade coaching the Secondary. Very cerebral guy that should do well in recruiting.

Strengths of the team- QB, RB, TE's, DL
Solid groups- LB and Safety
Weaknesses- OL, WR, CB, K

If everything goes perfect- 8-4
Likely? 7-5
OL or WR injuries? 6 or 5 wins.

JDog13
04-02-2017, 10:31 AM
1st

ShotgunDawg
04-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Billy G's recruiting at WR is simply inexcusable. Makes no sense to me.

dawgday166
04-02-2017, 10:49 AM
The recruiting strategy as a whole needs to be reevaluated ... on offense for sure. QB & RB we recruit well (at QB mainly cause Dan is a helluva a QB talent evaluator and developer. OL & WR recruiting strategy and evaluation needs improvement to a very large degree IMO.

WSOPdawg
04-02-2017, 10:50 AM
Billy G's recruiting at WR is simply inexcusable. Makes no sense to me.

I've never really understood why Mullen hasn't been able to get the door open for a consistent flow of top WRs. You would think that they would be lining up to play for his offense. Maybe in 2018.

Oh, and good stuff Rando. Thanks for the info. :)

basedog
04-02-2017, 10:52 AM
You didn't rate the wr? You say the cb's are a weakness and I'm assuming you rate the wr's as weakness?

CadaverDawg
04-02-2017, 11:15 AM
I hate reading these bc it makes my blood pressure go up thinking about that dead weight we have at OL coach. Now Billy G has developed the country club mentality, and realizes that Hev stays while sitting on the couch during recruiting season, so he will too. And this lack of talent at CB is becoming recurrent too...I thought TBuck was a recruiting machine? I'm unimpressed so far with our CB recruiting under him.

The phrase "Thank God we have Tolando Cleveland", may be the scariest phrase in the thread.

lamont
04-02-2017, 11:17 AM
You didn't rate the wr? You say the cb's are a weakness and I'm assuming you rate the wr's as weakness?

fixed

lamont
04-02-2017, 11:22 AM
I hate reading these bc it makes my blood pressure go up thinking about that dead weight we have at OL coach. Now Billy G has developed the country club mentality, and realizes that Hev stays while sitting on the couch during recruiting season, so he will too. And this lack of talent at CB is becoming recurrent too...I thought TBuck was a recruiting machine? I'm unimpressed so far with our CB recruiting under him.

The phrase "Thank God we have Tolando Cleveland", may be the scariest phrase in the thread.

I will say this- in 2018 our OL should be pretty good

Jenkins and Calhoun will be Sr's
Reese will be a Soph and have a year under his belt. Whichever other OG starts will return. We'll return 4 starters on the OL and also have plenty of experience backing it up.

Got to get thru 2017 to get there though

NCDawg
04-02-2017, 11:22 AM
The weaknesses you mention, OL, CB, and K, are always the weaknesses since Mullen has been HC. Yet, we give Mullen another 4 year 4.5M per year contract, despite a 5-7 record, and no demand by Cohen that Mullen take the necessary steps to fix these weaknesses.

tireddawg
04-02-2017, 11:27 AM
How did Mullen look? Fire in his belly?

WSOPdawg
04-02-2017, 11:29 AM

lol, rep given because this is oh so true.

lamont
04-02-2017, 11:32 AM
How did Mullen look? Fire in his belly?

He's good. Looks more relieved than anything.

The overwhelming theme was that we have a legit defensive staff and Grantham is in charge of it. The staff and players love the new defensive approach. There wont be any defensive calls made by Mullen and he doesnt have to micromanage that side. Stay focused on getting the most out of our O and special teams.

Gonzo and Hev are good on field coaches. Billy has lots of energy and demands they work hard. It's just the recruiting side there that needs to be better

bulldawg28
04-02-2017, 11:33 AM
8 wins minimum not the ceiling.

dawgday166
04-02-2017, 11:52 AM

What's your projected ceiling?

Todd4State
04-02-2017, 12:25 PM
The recruiting strategy as a whole needs to be reevaluated ... on offense for sure. QB & RB we recruit well (at QB mainly cause Dan is a helluva a QB talent evaluator and developer. OL & WR recruiting strategy and evaluation needs improvement to a very large degree IMO.

We do at least have some taller more athletic wide receivers but the problem is they are all young and inexperienced. That will improve as the years go along though.

Offensive line is just from pure laziness.

basedog
04-02-2017, 12:34 PM
fixed

So which was the worse, cb or wr? I'm thinking we can be ok with the passing game by throwing to the TE and Rb's, also we we can put pressure on the Qb this will help a bunch.

basedog
04-02-2017, 12:36 PM

The overwhelming theme was that we have a legit defensive staff and Grantham is in charge of it. The staff and players love the new defensive approach. There wont be any defensive calls made by Mullen and he doesnt have to micromanage that side. Stay focused on getting the most out of our O and special teams.

Gonzo and Hev are good on field coaches. Billy has lots of energy and demands they work hard. It's just the recruiting side there that needs to be better

I like the fact they are good on the field coaches, hopefully with the new coaches they will help this year with off the field recruiting and evaluations!

bulldawg28
04-02-2017, 12:54 PM

10. The only loss I'm willing to "almost " guarantee is Auburn in Auburn.

1bigdawg
04-02-2017, 01:09 PM

I am not sure Hev is such a good on field coach. It seems to take us a long time to gel because of his constant moving people around. Sometimes your best center is not one of your best 5 Ols. Sometimes your 3rd guard is better than your 2nd tackle, but is not a better tackle.

While he is not a great recruiter, he does seem to be doing a little better. The 2012 and 2013 classes were atrocious: horrible evaluations. That held our OL back last year and will again this year. You have to get at least two real SEC starters out of each class. I think we are doing that now.

Tripp McNeely
04-02-2017, 01:10 PM

Can we let Stidham take a snap in the SEC before we act like this kid is going to turn Auburn into this dominant team?!?! When's the last time Gus won with a passing QB?

CadaverDawg
04-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Can we let Stidham take a snap in the SEC before we act like this kid is going to turn Auburn into this dominant team?!?! When's the last time Gus won with a passing QB?

I agree. They could be good, but I need to see it.

Bothrops
04-02-2017, 01:12 PM
One reason we don't get enough SEC type WR's is because we don't recruit them beyond Louisiana, to the west, and don't cast the net past Alabama to the east. We limit ourselves in recruiting this position, much like we do recruiting the OL. The other reason is that MSU has never been a program that top flight receivers typically get excited about. But it's up to our recruiters to change that, and they've had the time and opportunity.

lamont
04-02-2017, 01:18 PM

Auburn would beat us with White at QB. They are loaded this year. Gus was in the Sugar Bowl last year with a passing QB- while playing alot of freshman. They return most of their OL, 7/8 WR's, both RB's, both H-backs, plus could use Franklin somewhere. This will be the best team Gus has had at Auburn

msstate7
04-02-2017, 01:22 PM
One reason we don't get enough SEC type WR's is because we don't recruit them beyond Louisiana, to the west, and don't cast the net past Alabama to the east. We limit ourselves in recruiting this position, much like we do recruiting the OL. The other reason is that MSU has never been a program that top flight receivers typically get excited about. But it's up to our recruiters to change that, and they've had the time and opportunity.

We sell our program as a lunch pail, work hard, not flashy, and development type program. Elite WRs seem to be typically the biggest ego guys and want to told how great they are... just the opposite of what we sell

msstate7
04-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Auburn would beat us with White at QB. They are loaded this year. Gus was in the Sugar Bowl last year with a passing QB- while playing alot of freshman. They return most of their OL, 7/8 WR's, both RB's, both H-backs, plus could use Franklin somewhere. This will be the best team Gus has had at Auburn

I'll have to see it. I'd take his first team over this year's crew in a heartbeat

NCDawg
04-02-2017, 02:08 PM
The way Auburn beat us last year was terrible. They knocked our DL off the ball and opened huge holes for their RB's. They gave White all day long to throw the ball, and the receivers were wide open most of the time. We need much improvement to compete with them.

tireddawg
04-02-2017, 02:18 PM
We will score some points against Auburn. Will we score enough? Don't know.

dawgday166
04-02-2017, 02:32 PM

After watching our gals play against Baylor I thought to myself if UConn is better than our gals they got a helluva team, but I also know I don't watch WBB much so could be off. We were deep, fast, long, had several shooters, and played suffocating D. And we were deep. I thought we had a shot going in if the moment wasn't too much mentally for them. And even tho we only had to beat them once, I think our gals are better than this year's UConn team ... I just do. We were a little uptight a few times shooting in 2nd half of that game IMO.

That ain't the case with our football team or head coach IMO. And I do pay attention to CFB. We ain't beating Bama. We might have an outside shot in '18 but I'll believe that when I see it. I don't think we beat LSU unless Ogre screws up preparation or game management himself. He has 2 top notch coordinators IMO. I don't believe we beat AU, but we do have one thing going for us there ... Gus coaches better when expectations are low and tends to screw up coaching when expectations are high (an intangible). I may could see 9 wins, but Dan is good for at least 2 games a year of not getting us ready to play or screwing up game/clock management in a close game. And we still ain't found a FG kicker yet ... which also historically kills us.

Historically we lose 4 games every year in SEC W. Now OM should be a W, but then we lost to Arky last year. That's just what Dan does. If he only loses 3 in W, he'll probably lose to GA or/and KY. I've seen it too much now so my glasses don't have any maroon shade on them when it comes to football.

BTW ... I also was defending Cann when many on this board were thinking early in baseball season that Cohen screwed that hire up. And I still think Howland will get MBB turned around in right direction. I believe Dan may make strides next year and in '18 could have a good year ... but I ain't getting my hopes up too much for it just yet. We have to keep a D staff in place for more than 1 season first.

lamont
04-02-2017, 02:37 PM
The way Auburn beat us last year was terrible. They knocked our DL off the ball and opened huge holes for their RB's. They gave White all day long to throw the ball, and the receivers were wide open most of the time. We need much improvement to compete with them.

Auburn returns more starters than we do
Auburn outrecruited us in Feb
We play at Auburn

We're not winning that game

bulldawg28
04-02-2017, 02:56 PM

It has nothing to do with Stidham. That RB is still running free on 82 be on the lookout. They're the most physical team in the SEC. The way our guys got out of the way last year against them concerns me in that matchup. I'll have to see if we're physical enough to beat them.

dawgday166
04-02-2017, 03:10 PM
It has nothing to do with Stidham. That RB is still running free on 82 be on the lookout. They're the most physical team in the SEC. The way our guys got out of the way last year against them concerns me in that matchup. I'll have to see if we're physical enough to beat them.

Lemme see if I understand ... you don't think we're physical enough to play with AU but you do think we are to play with Bama?? Ok ... I'm on board with that *****

confucius say
04-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Random, I read your dl breakdown as a 4-3. Im sure they'll be some of both but what's our base?

GTHOM
04-02-2017, 05:04 PM
I expect our starting 5 on the OL to actually be pretty solid and will give us a chance. One season ending injury and we are in trouble at that spot. We will be ok at WR. Mullen moved the ball with Croom WRs.

lamont
04-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Random, I read your dl breakdown as a 4-3. Im sure they'll be some of both but what's our base?

We are a 3-4 team but will have a 4 man look most of the time. Sweat and Green are listed as LB's- and they can drop into coverage and such at times- but most of the time they will be coming off the edge

lamont
04-02-2017, 05:14 PM
I expect our starting 5 on the OL to actually be pretty solid and will give us a chance. One season ending injury and we are in trouble at that spot. We will be ok at WR. Mullen moved the ball with Croom WRs.

Rankin, Calhoun, and Jenkins arent bad. After them- we really dont know what we have. Reese hasnt played a college snap.

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 05:18 PM
We sell our program as a lunch pail, work hard, not flashy, and development type program. Elite WRs seem to be typically the biggest ego guys and want to told how great they are... just the opposite of what we sell

Exactly what I was thinking.

msstate7
04-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Assuming Jenkins can handle the snap and we can find a serviceable RT, we could really be strong on the left side running the ball. I can definetely see us running fitz and Williams left a lot this season assuming Rankin at LT, Calhoun at LG, and Jenkins at c

lamont
04-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Assuming Jenkins can handle the snap and we can find a serviceable RT, we could really be strong on the left side running the ball. I can definetely see us running fitz and Williams left a lot this season assuming Rankin at LT, Calhoun at LG, and Jenkins at c

Jenkins hasnt played a college snap at C. No idea how good he will be at it or how long it will take him to get adjusted

msstate7
04-02-2017, 05:28 PM
Jenkins hasnt played a college snap at C. No idea how good he will be at it or how long it will take him to get adjusted

That's true, but he has interior experience from last year and excelled.

lamont
04-02-2017, 05:35 PM
good player- no doubt

bulldawg28
04-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Lemme see if I understand ... you don't think we're physical enough to play with AU but you do think we are to play with Bama?? Ok ... I'm on board with that *****

Yep. We play Bama at home with the home crowd. Auburn is the most physical team in the SEC on offense. Also, Bama is a spread team now *****

Bothrops
04-03-2017, 02:38 AM
Who will Auburn play at QB?

Reason2succeed
04-03-2017, 07:34 AM
Any word of the Louisville CB transfer? Are there any top targets for CB coming up that we could get?

I've always thought that a good defense starts with an consistently aggressive DL and shut down corners. IMO LB and safeties just clean up from what those position miss. A great LB behind a trash DL can't do much. A great safety next to sorry corners cannot affect a game. But DL and corners can change a game all by themselves.

PMDawg
04-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Seems we have a glut of TEs, weak WRs and a weak OL. Are we running any 2 TE sets in practice? We are also loaded at RB. Seems we could get good protection by using 2 TEs and/or a FB/H-Back. We could at least mix things up to cause some confusion.

Bubb Rubb
04-03-2017, 08:21 AM
Seems we have a glut of TEs, weak WRs and a weak OL. Are we running any 2 TE sets in practice? We are also loaded at RB. Seems we could get good protection by using 2 TEs and/or a FB/H-Back. We could at least mix things up to cause some confusion.

We are going to be extremely run-heavy, and we will do a lot of play action to the TEs and quick screens to our backs in space. That will spread the defense for the occasional shot down the field, which will be the effective way to use Gray.

We are going to be fine on offense. I'm excited to see what Grantham does - if the early reports are any indication, I expect our defense to keep us in every game.

The biggest challenge for us this season is the schedule. It's brutal. LSU, AT Georgia, AT Auburn, AT A&M, AT Arkansas. We have BYU. We have to go to Louisiana Tech. Kentucky will be improved. The only easy wins on the schedule are Charleston Southern, UMass, and Ole Miss.

lamont
04-03-2017, 08:32 AM
Certainly will see more passes to the RB's with Mixon and the TE's working the middle of the field. Outside will be used as decoys as much as anything to keep the CB's occupied and the safeties dropping. We will also probably run more RPO's than we have in the past to gain an advantage

Ari Gold
04-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Good breakdown Taco..
from my eye and my inside intel I will add my 2 cents.

QB. Agree 100%.. it Fitz team and KT should be gearing up for his SR prom instead of looking like a future star.

RB. Agree except I think Hill 100% doesn't redshirt. Not saying he wins the #2 job but he plays. I still think we have a RB move on after spring. Also we didn't sign a RB previous class and only Hill this last class. We don't need that gap and we have a really great shot at big time to be 5star RB kid from JP in 2018 class..

OL.. it's the mystery positions for just about everyone including my sources prob because Hev is such a jackass . I still think the first 5 will be good . And I still just don't see how Rankin and or Jenkins is at center come this fall. Reese and Eliand could be 2 pretty good bookend said moving forward.. really like Reese . Again thanks Tbuck

Wr. Here is where I differ the most and have been told the same. We will be fine here barring major injury and we have had one already.
Gray will have all sec year . Mixon is better than Dear. Myles has looked like the Myles of old. I still hear great things about #20 Todd. And Couch damn sure looks the part. J Jackson has had a good spring and I and everyone I hae talked to really like the frosh Austin. He prob redshirt but bein here this spring really helps.

TE . Good and deep . Might see lots of 2 TE ..

Defense.. first off .. Tood Freaking Grantham.. and props to all the defensive coaches.. it's a wonderful site seeing a SEC calibure defense out there . And a good one at that.

DL. Best we have had depth wise in years. Enjoy #94 this year may not see him in 2018. When is the last time you could say we have 2 or 3 4 star guys going to be fighting for snaps..

LB.
I don't put Green / sweat/ Spencer on this bunch . And even without them it's very good.. with a very good one on his way .

CB. TBD. Cleveland hasn't practiced . May get a transfer.
Thing is we really don't know how good these guys are based on last year . Shit they had to cover guys for 5 seconds plus at times . The DL and coaching will make a huge difference

S.. very strong. Bryant , McCalurin Abrams.. three SEC guys that would play at any school and start at many.

K. A punter that will play on Sunday and a high school kicker that we hope makes more than he misses..

Prediction .
4 non conference.. 4-0
Home SEC .. have to at least go 2-2 .. 3-1 ideal
Then have to win 2 of 4 road games . Best chance AM and Arky

That's the path to 8 or better..

Tripp McNeely
04-03-2017, 11:55 AM

With Mullen's connections with Bill O'Brien and some current staff members, and some of the talk I've heard about him reaching out to them, I think you see passing play calling similar to what the Pats run. Lost of TEs in the seam, slots underneath and RB swing passes. As long as Donald Gray and whoever plays the other outside WR can combine for 4-5 catches in the outside, back and middle 3rds, those TEs, slots and RBs will have space and be effective. As RP mentioned the RPO will create a ton of space too and keep LBs honest. To run an effective spread, you either have to have a QB who can effectively run the RPO and read-option...or....serious talent on the outside, but you don't have o have both.

confucius say
04-03-2017, 12:02 PM
Our backs are not used enough in the passing game. Checkdowns. Use them more.

NCDawg
04-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Rankin, Calhoun, and Jenkins arent bad. After them- we really dont know what we have. Reese hasnt played a college snap.

So Moon, Cochran, and Williams still aren't ready to play after 2 years in the program. We are obviously signing too many Joey Trapp type players.

lamont
04-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Williams is the most likely to be our 5th starters. But not much difference in him and the rest of the OG's. We are much more ready to play at OG then our OT's are. Had TBuck not pulled Reese in at the last second- we would be ****ed at OT

msstate7
04-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Wonder if Suggs will get a look at RT this summer

Tripp McNeely
04-03-2017, 01:10 PM
So Moon, Cochran, and Williams still aren't ready to play after 2 years in the program. We are obviously signing too many Joey Trapp type players.

Williams is still limited. He's got tons of upside. If he's healthy, he's good enough to be quality SEC starter at guard, and he should be by the fall.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 01:13 PM
We are obviously signing too many Joey Trapp type players.
Interesting how it always ultimately comes back to ^this^ with our OL.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Williams is still limited. He's got tons of upside. If he's healthy, he's good enough to be quality SEC starter at guard, and he should be by the fall.

Williams isn't limited. He's getting time with the 1's.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-03-2017, 01:35 PM
I have a source that went to camp as well.... pretty much what you said on position groups....he was really impressed by the whole defensive staff....on the other hand he said it was embarrassing to be anywhere near Hevesy, said he is nothing but a foul mouth jerk and if he had an OLineman, he would advise him to go somewhere else....

Percho
04-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Let's keep pumping negative on Hev. I'm sure that helps a lot. If Mullen wants to make a change, he will, if he doesn't want to, he will not but what we think doesn't mean a thing and could impact someone's thoughts of coming on board. Keep putting him down.

Personally I'm tired of reading about it but will live with it.

The horse is dead!

maroonmania
04-03-2017, 02:44 PM
he said it was embarrassing to be anywhere near Hevesy, said he is nothing but a foul mouth jerk

Anyone who has either been around Hevesy or knows someone who has been around Hevesy is well aware of this. I mean there is a reason why Hevesy is constantly getting run down on this and other boards and its not because he is just an easy scapegoat. Its because he is a big liability to the program in recruiting and developing relationships with HS coaches. If you are going to have the personality Hev does you better produce, and he doesn't. I would think even our other coaches have a hard time spending so much time around him. I can't for the life of me understand why Mullen can stand to be so tight with him on a personal level. Maybe Mullen is just hard up for friends.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Let's keep pumping negative on Hev. I'm sure that helps a lot. If Mullen wants to make a change, he will, if he doesn't want to, he will not but what we think doesn't mean a thing and could impact someone's thoughts of coming on board. Keep putting him down.

The horse is dead!

So just stick our heads in the sand and stop discussing football whenever positional breakdowns reach the OL group?

maroonmania
04-03-2017, 02:57 PM

Well personally I'm pissed off that we pay our HC 4.5 million dollars but there is only one side of the ball where the coaching staff is held accountable. I'll let you guess which side of the ball that is. Hint: Its not the offense.

Tripp McNeely
04-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Williams isn't limited. He's getting time with the 1's.

Oh okay, my bad. I swear I thought I remembered Paul Jones saying that we has limited, at least early on, in spring practice.

Dawg61
04-03-2017, 04:02 PM
So just stick our heads in the sand and stop discussing football whenever positional breakdowns reach the OL group?

Sorry but it's positional breakdowns from someone that has obviously wanted Hevesy fired for the last 8 years. Not exactly biased free. I say melt over Hevesy when you get a positional breakdown shitting on him from someone like IYOK. Till then it's just Fire Hevesy Tourettes syndrome.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2017, 04:10 PM
I wish the term "melt" would go away. If you aren't Gene Swindoll on here, you're "melting" these days.