PDA

View Full Version : If we win the Ship on Sunday...

Dawg61
04-01-2017, 04:34 PM
DOUBLE Vic's salary and lock him up for max years. Pay this bad ass his money!!

Swami Dawg
04-01-2017, 04:44 PM
This is for to be needing done win or no win.

For gentle reminder progress of women's basketball programs is clearly evidenced. Comparing 5 years ago till today cannot be done.

Paying him his market worth is upright thing to be doing.

Cooterpoot
04-01-2017, 04:46 PM
If? Shit, we winning it.

Bothrops
04-01-2017, 04:57 PM
We pretty much have to win it now. We should be real sick about losing to SC twice. You don't let it happen again for all the marbles.

KOdawg1
04-01-2017, 05:01 PM
that would be the most Mississippi State thing ever. to beat UConn and then go lose the natty.

Cloak
04-01-2017, 05:05 PM
We just left StarkVegas for Dallas, only 7 hours to go. Hopefully we get to witness the first ever National Championship for the state of Mississippi

blacklistedbully
04-01-2017, 05:07 PM
SCar could be a tougher matchup. We had size advantage inside vs UConn. We won't vs SCar. And if the refs are as bad as they were in our first game with them, SCar wll get away with murder.

If we get good, unbiased refs, we should beat them, with them getting in foul trouble early.

Homedawg
04-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Vic needs another raise and will get it. But if he leaves it will be for college station and money will have ZERO to do with it.

starkvegasdawg
04-01-2017, 05:29 PM
We just left StarkVegas for Dallas, only 7 hours to go. Hopefully we get to witness the first ever National Championship for the state of Mississippi

Was that your mobile home for sale?

Cloak
04-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Was that your mobile home for sale?

Don't get the reference

starkvegasdawg
04-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Don't get the reference
From when we went to the CWS and they said all the MSU fans had to sell their trailers to afford being able to travel to Omaha.

I_Spy
04-01-2017, 06:22 PM
SCar could be a tougher matchup. We had size advantage inside vs UConn. We won't vs SCar. And if the refs are as bad as they were in our first game with them, SCar wll get away with murder.

If we get good, unbiased refs, we should beat them, with them getting in foul trouble early.

If Morgan keeps being Morgan, who has always been important when we play South Carolina and Vivians will drive to the basket like the power move she made on uconn during second half ...we will win. The inside girls are playing great D and cleaning up well.

Dawg61
04-01-2017, 06:28 PM
From when we went to the CWS and they said all the MSU fans had to sell their trailers to afford being able to travel to Omaha.

Haha that's exaggerated. The ESPN announcer made a slight at people from MS saying it was a financial burden to travel to Omaha for us but he didn't say we had to sell trailers to do it.

RocketDawg
04-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Haha that's exaggerated. The ESPN announcer made a slight at people from MS saying it was a financial burden to travel to Omaha for us but he didn't say we had to sell trailers to do it.

What he said got expanded a little, but that's what he really meant. **

maroonmania
04-01-2017, 07:21 PM
I will say this, if South Carolina can beat us 3 times this year, this time on a TRUE neutral floor, then I will just tip my hat to them. I am kind of glad we are playing a team that our team thinks they have something to prove against. Should certainly add extra motivation for us to win to show that we can beat them even beyond wanting to win the NC.

TXDawg
04-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Vic needs another raise and will get it. But if he leaves it will be for college station and money will have ZERO to do with it.

If we win tomorrow, Vic isn't going anywhere for a LONG time. He will have built this program and it will be his and he'll be able to name his salary. Yes, he's from Houston, but he's not going to walk away from a program he built. Much like Mullen, he can be a LEGEND at State.

yjnkdawg
04-01-2017, 11:04 PM
If Morgan keeps being Morgan, who has always been important when we play South Carolina and Vivians will drive to the basket like the power move she made on uconn during second half ...we will win. The inside girls are playing great D and cleaning up well.

I think Morgan, Vivian, T and Bree need to drive to the basket and try to get Wilson in foul trouble, and on the bench.

I_Spy
04-01-2017, 11:26 PM
I think Morgan, Vivian, T and Bree need to drive to the basket and try to get Wilson in foul trouble, and on the bench.

True. They need to be high energy. We are so familiar with this team it's just about getting it done now.

dawgday166
04-01-2017, 11:30 PM
True. They need to be high energy. We are so familiar with this team it's just about getting it done now.

The spent a lot of energy ... physical, mental, and emotional last night. Hope they can muster up same or greater levels of energy tomorrow night.

I_Spy
04-01-2017, 11:36 PM
Yeah but both teams know what's expected the emotional letdown should not be as an overpowering type thing. Simply because they know. Just like it has been Morgan will be key and it's one more game.

We all know South Carolina a good team but mentally physically they know ..so it should be a good game like they have been in the past. If we play well, we should come out ahead.

I_Spy
04-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Vic has been changing things up so who knows what will happen Sunday ...but that keeps people's mind (emotions) moving forward. If you keep them reaching, they will keep climbing.

I_Spy
04-01-2017, 11:53 PM
And obviously Morgan has been so monumental so far, but what I mean is that Dawn has known to get after Morgan for 2 years now. So Morgan has always been huge in these match ups.

Cloak
04-02-2017, 05:40 AM
The hotel the team is sleeping at is being evacuated....think somebody pulled the fire alarm. Well played SC....well played.

Cooterpoot
04-02-2017, 08:32 AM
The only way we don't win is if we spent everything Friday or the refs take it.

msbulldog
04-02-2017, 08:48 AM

No since Alaina Coates is injured, that leaves SC with A'ja Wilson @ 6'5 and 3-6'0 players. We have Okorie @ 6'5 and McCowan at 6'7.

maroonmania
04-02-2017, 01:06 PM
The only way we don't win is if we spent everything Friday or the refs take it.

I wouldn't get too overconfident. SC is much more athletic that UConn. We have 4 losses and 2 of them are to this team. Its possible it may take a better effort today to win than it did Friday night. We played lights out in the first quarter Friday night but after that we were not that great on the offensive end and missed a ton of open looks. Our defense was very good though. IMO our best game of the year so far was the one we played against Baylor. If we play that way we can win comfortably. But I'm nervous because we really haven't had an answer for Aja Wilson either time we've played her.

Jack Lambert
04-02-2017, 01:18 PM
He's getting a pay raise.

blacklistedbully
04-02-2017, 02:23 PM
No since Alaina Coates is injured, that leaves SC with A'ja Wilson @ 6'5 and 3-6'0 players. We have Okorie @ 6'5 and McCowan at 6'7.

But we only play one at a time. Wilson is a stud inside when she is allowed to hack and bully her way in the paint.

Only way we can claim that as an advantage is if Wilson gets called for fouls. If she fouls out, we get an advantage inside. If refs call it fairly both ways, we could afford more fouls via substitution. But if they refuse to call fouls on Wilson, we have no advantage.

maroonmania
04-02-2017, 04:07 PM
But we only play one at a time. Wilson is a stud inside when she is allowed to hack and bully her way in the paint.

Another scary graphic they just showed is that the last 4 teams to beat UConn in the NCAA tournament lost the next game. The last 4 teams to defeat Stanford in the Final Four won the championship. Going to have to buck history tonight. Let's do it!

oildawg
04-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Out of curiosity, what does Vic get paid - and what is the typical salary for a top coach for women's basketball?

BTW, I know money is limited - but we should find a way to pay him like a top coach - so we can keep him, and stay as a powerhouse.

blacklistedbully
04-03-2017, 03:06 PM
The hotel the team is sleeping at is being evacuated....think somebody pulled the fire alarm. Well played SC....well played.

Any confirmation this actually happened, or is it just rumor?