PDA

View Full Version : Some news outlets throwing shade on WBB team

MaroonFlounder
04-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Can't bring themselves to credit MSU. Basically that UCONN lost instead of the fact that our Bulldogs won. One headline states how much better UCONN will be next year. MSU will be better next year as well. Myah Taylor, the athletic guard from Olive Branch is coming in as one of the top H.S. players in the nation. Respect is a difficult thing to achieve as an MSU team, in ANY sport. This makes the game tomorrow night all the more important.

MetEdDawg
04-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Surprisingly, I thought ESPN did s good job giving us credit. Even Lobo, a UCONN grad, said we won the game and took them out of what they like to do. Obviously the focus will be on the streak ending, but I've heard a surprisingly decent amount of talk about us winning not them losing

Liverpooldawg
04-01-2017, 10:15 AM
We made them play our game.

rabbitthedawg
04-01-2017, 10:50 AM
I thought the national coverage was very promotional and favorable for Mississippi State. The girls were credited with playing their way to get the win. They outplayed UConn.

BulldogBear
04-01-2017, 10:59 AM
The fact that an ESPN info graphic last night gave USCE credit for beating them last nite in overtime kind of pisses on the positive.

BeastMan
04-01-2017, 11:01 AM
The Hartford Cn paper wrote a great piece. Gave MSU credit and told the whole story. No one at the CL talented enough to write a piece like that

iPat09
04-01-2017, 02:00 PM
The Hartford Cn paper wrote a great piece. Gave MSU credit and told the whole story. No one at the CL talented enough to write a piece like that

I'd have to disagree. Will has been doing an outstanding job as our new beat writer. The guy has been going out of his way to bring us some different types of stories, from waking up early and working out with Cann, to spending the day in Forest and talking to locals about hometown here, Vivians. I've been enjoying his work a lot. Doesn't seem like cookie cutter articles to me.

BeastMan
04-01-2017, 02:20 PM
I'd have to disagree. Will has been doing an outstanding job as our new beat writer. The guy has been going out of his way to bring us some different types of stories, from waking up early and working out with Cann, to spending the day in Forest and talking to locals about hometown here, Vivians. I've been enjoying his work a lot. Doesn't seem like cookie cutter articles to me.

You know, you're right. Sammon has done a good job so far and did a good job as the recruiting guy. He's by far the best writer at the CL sports department right now

RocketDawg
04-01-2017, 02:34 PM

Where is she from? You and several articles say Forest, but she said last night she said she is from Carthage.

smootness
04-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Don't try so hard to find things to complain about. We won a massive game and it is getting national play everywhere. Just enjoy it.

iPat09
04-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Where is she from? You and several articles say Forest, but she said last night she said she is from Carthage.

According to Sammon's article:

"Vivians transferred to Scott Central in the eighth grade after her father, John, remarried. Vivians wanted to play on the same basketball team with her step-sister Kelcia Bufkin, who was at Scott Central at the time. The plan was actually for Vivians to leave the school after that one season.

“I was going to back to Carthage,” Vivians said, “but I just liked it there so much that I just stayed.”"

iPat09
04-01-2017, 02:41 PM
You know, you're right. Sammon has done a good job so far and did a good job as the recruiting guy. He's by far the best writer at the CL sports department right now

And it isn't even close. Hopefully we can keep him around for awhile. We can go anywhere to get a basic story about a game and some stats, but it's the off the beaten path stories that are the most interesting.

PassInterference
04-01-2017, 02:48 PM

He is. Sammon is a great writer. We are lucky to have him.