PDA

View Full Version : I didn't think we could do it

smootness
04-01-2017, 12:08 AM
I said from the beginning of the year that we just didn't have the talent, didn't have the elite scorers needed to hang with the top teams. We don't have a McD's AA, we don't have top WNBA draft picks, we don't have a lot of things. What we do have is one of the toughest teams I've ever seen in any sport ever.

We just took down the #2 team in the country in a game I didn't think we could legitimately win...then we took down the greatest winning streak in the history of college sports, a team that beat us by 60 last year. Freaking 60.

We have the toughest team in the country and a coach that can challenge Auriemma on Auriemma's best day. And Morgan William just went out and pulled off two of the greatest moments in the history of women's basketball two games in a row.

I suck, and I will never ever again question how much heart matters. I can't believe we even looked like we belonged in this one, let alone won it. And I never thought I'd say it, but that's as much fun as I've ever had as a State fan, and it happened in a women's basketball game.

Oh, and Dak is the freaking man.