PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Bumphis and Cox will cooperate...

HancockCountyDog
09-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Also, please take note on the author, some things should make even more sense.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/23610163/fletcher-cox-chad-bumphis-to-cooperate-with-mississippi-states-internal-investigation

starkvegasdawg
09-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Also, please take note on the author, some things should make even more sense.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/23610163/fletcher-cox-chad-bumphis-to-cooperate-with-mississippi-states-internal-investigation

I hope cooperate really has a big set of quotation marks around it. They have nothing to gain by saying a word.

smootness
09-12-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm beginning to understand some of the dislike of our compliance department. I will be unlike some in that I don't want us to do whatever we have to in order to get by, I do want us to run a clean program.

However, it seems like we sure are awfully quick to jump to investigate ourselves; I realize every program claims they will do this, but we do seem to come up with stuff where other schools just say, 'Nope, we're good!'

bulldogcountry1
09-12-2013, 10:32 AM
"MSU : Relentless cooperation"

Barking 13
09-12-2013, 10:34 AM
" man, we went to my cousin's uncle's wedding.. my cousin paid fo da tix.. ain't had nuttin' to do with football"

FlabLoser
09-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm beginning to understand some of the dislike of our compliance department. I will be unlike some in that I don't want us to do whatever we have to in order to get by, I do want us to run a clean program.

However, it seems like we sure are awfully quick to jump to investigate ourselves; I realize every program claims they will do this, but we do seem to come up with stuff where other schools just say, 'Nope, we're good!'

You're getting it. There is playing fair and then there is being free labor for the NCAA's own investigation department.

fishwater99
09-12-2013, 10:50 AM
The Headline says it all..

Cox, Bumphis to cooperate with Miss St. probe; Alabama lawyers up..

**** you Bracky!!!

HancockCountyDog
09-12-2013, 10:57 AM

**** you Bracky!!!

I just think the author is interesting.

Dawgface
09-12-2013, 11:51 AM
"MSU : Relentless cooperation"

Well......at least we are relentless at something.

sandwolf
09-12-2013, 12:00 PM
I just think the author is interesting.

I must have missed something......what is significant about Jeremy Fowler?

smootness
09-12-2013, 12:00 PM
I still contend it's not a bad thing to show the NCAA you are willing to work with them and are earnest in trying to stay clean. They have proven, time and time again, that they will hammer you if they feel you aren't cooperating.

But if we keep getting slaps on the wrist and everyone else gets nothing by avoiding it, then we need to re-think everything.

Pollodawg
09-12-2013, 12:01 PM
If the third party was an agent, and had nothing to do with MSU, can't we claim that we had no knowledge? Likely, that would be true.

Pollodawg
09-12-2013, 12:02 PM
I mean, this is not like the Mirando thing at all. No coaches or official alumni have been reportedly involved in anyway.

Jack Lambert
09-12-2013, 12:10 PM

**** you Bracky!!!

Worse case for us we vacate the Music City Bowl win. Worse case for Alabama they vacate the National Championship. I think one warrant a lawyer and one does not. If it?s was a MSU booster buying tickets for a player you lawyer up. If it?s some sports agent who has nothing to do with MSU buys a ticket to land an athlete you corporate and move past it. The school doesn?t get hurt. That guy who got the benefit would be eligible. Yes you vacate any wins you might have in games that he played but it doesn?t hurt the future. You don?t get put on probation. Get it past you and move on. You don't want crap like this hangging around you neck come signing season.

smootness
09-12-2013, 12:10 PM
If the third party was an agent, and had nothing to do with MSU, can't we claim that we had no knowledge? Likely, that would be true.

Yes, this has nothing to do with us, so I don't know why we're investigating at all. We should tell them, we didn't know, we weren't involved, and it doesn't have anything to do with us, so good luck.

Political Hack
09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
if we give up a win for playing an I eligible player in one game when OM played one in six, I'll be pissed.

Political Hack
09-12-2013, 12:14 PM
especially one of our bowl wins.

Jack Lambert
09-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Yes, this has nothing to do with us, so I don't know why we're investigating at all. We should tell them, we didn't know, we weren't involved, and it doesn't have anything to do with us, so good luck.

Just my opinion but if it is something small cooprerate they will remember. If you fight all the time and then one day they catch you red handed on something real big they are going to remember that you did not cooperate before.

ckDOG
09-12-2013, 12:18 PM
"Bulldogs' internal investigation of the matter". That doesn't tell us anything. If they had said "have agreed to talk to the NCAA" or something along those lines, then it's time to flip out.

However, the biggest concern here is how there are sources commenting on MSU's process. If you care about MSU in any way and a reporter comes asking you questions about MSU compliance or eligibility, SHUT YOUR DUMB F-ING MOUTH! NO COMMENT, NO COMMENT, NO COMMENT, YOU DUMB MOTHER F-ING MORONS!

Maroonthirteen
09-12-2013, 12:31 PM
My questions on this; did any of the players named actually sign with the agent that suppose paid for things?

Also, why does someone keep copies of bag tags and save text messages, etc?

I am thinking someone who is out some money and didn't land a client.

blacklistedbully
09-12-2013, 01:30 PM
"Bulldogs' internal investigation of the matter". That doesn't tell us anything. If they had said "have agreed to talk to the NCAA" or something along those lines, then it's time to flip out.

However, the biggest concern here is how there are sources commenting on MSU's process. If you care about MSU in any way and a reporter comes asking you questions about MSU compliance or eligibility, SHUT YOUR DUMB F-ING MOUTH! NO COMMENT, NO COMMENT, NO COMMENT, YOU DUMB MOTHER F-ING MORONS!

Then again, sometimes it's better to "get out in front" of such a story. Obviously the investigative reporters already had something. If we pull the "no comment" thing, then they likely just dig deeper. All it would take to get us in real trouble would be for them to find another rogue booster, or worse yet, some BS Ole Miss booster crap like zenareb.

Pollodawg
09-12-2013, 06:49 PM
And, truthfully, who cares about a Vacated win when you won when and where it mattered? A vacated win is like killing my imaginary best friend. What? Are you going to go back in time and stop the game from being played or take those good memories from the fans?

HancockCountyDog
09-12-2013, 06:59 PM
And, truthfully, who cares about a Vacated win when you won when and where it mattered? A vacated win is like killing my imaginary best friend. What? Are you going to go back in time and stop the game from being played or take those good memories from the fans?

Totally agree. I have AU buddies that are glad they paid Cam.

Also, will someone please teach our players how to say "No comment". Good lord. Fletcher Cox's comment looks terrible.