PDA

View Full Version : Garrison Brooks requesting release??

CadaverDawg
03-31-2017, 03:37 PM
Per twitters

Homedawg
03-31-2017, 03:43 PM
Talk about a saga

msstate7
03-31-2017, 03:45 PM
We need to be on a front court grad transfer big time

Tripp McNeely
03-31-2017, 03:47 PM
If there's any of our coaches that I have zero concern about finding a similar or better player with that spot...it's Howland.

msstate7
03-31-2017, 03:51 PM
If there's any of our coaches that I have zero concern about finding a similar or better player with that spot...it's Howland.

Pretty late in the game to replace him this year unless it's a transfer. I'd like a grad transfer, but maybe the better strategy is just getting best available transfer

drummerdawg
03-31-2017, 04:00 PM
This sucks, I really like Brooks. I'm not too confident we'll find somebody else worth anything. Last year we were hoping for a grad transfer and ended up with Datcher.

thf24
03-31-2017, 04:06 PM
Doesn't seem to be any hard info out there, just a few tweets; do we know for sure he's gone?

Tripp McNeely
03-31-2017, 04:14 PM
Pretty late in the game to replace him this year unless it's a transfer. I'd like a grad transfer, but maybe the better strategy is just getting best available transfer

Not really. This isn't football. There's a TON of uncommitted big-time players out there.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2017, 04:47 PM
If you can't find a game changer grad transfer just bank the scholarship for next year. We need it for the next class.

mparkerfd20
03-31-2017, 05:02 PM

Big4Dawg
03-31-2017, 05:05 PM
Is his dad leaving for a new job?

HSVDawg
03-31-2017, 05:13 PM
Just a question, but do we have to give him the release? I say tell him show up or sit for 2 years. The LOI requirements are there for a reason. It's a contract.

msstate7
03-31-2017, 05:21 PM
Just a question, but do we have to give him the release? I say tell him show up or sit for 2 years. The LOI requirements are there for a reason. It's a contract.

We don't have to, but I hope we do. No reason to make him come here if he doesn't want to

Big4Dawg
03-31-2017, 05:23 PM
We don't have to, but I hope we do. No reason to make him come here if he doesn't want to

Besides the fact we passed on some guys because we didn't have any shoplarships.

msstate7
03-31-2017, 05:29 PM
Anyone know the reason? Perhaps seeing unc in final 4?

HSVDawg
03-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Besides the fact we passed on some guys because we didn't have any shoplarships.

Exactly. He ****ed us big time. And the point is if he's asking for his release, he's already decided he's not coming. So he should suffer the full consequences of breaking the LOI so the next kid or kids will think twice about it. If any kid can just get a release whenever they want, then signing with a school is meaningless and the whole recruiting process breaks down because you'll have kids continue to be recruited by other schools even after signing. I've never seen a bigger bunch of BS than these athletes in multiple sports asking for an LOI release, and the schools are always dumb enough to just give it to them.

msstate7
03-31-2017, 05:35 PM
Exactly. He ****ed us big time. And the point is if he's asking for his release, he's already decided he's not coming. So he should suffer the full consequences of breaking the LOI so the next kid or kids will think twice about it. If any kid can just get a release whenever they want, then signing with a school is meaningless and the whole recruiting process breaks down because you'll have kids continue to be recruited by other schools even after signing. I've never seen a bigger bunch of BS than these athletes in multiple sports asking for an LOI release, and the schools are always dumb enough to just give it to them.

Just restrict it to schools on the west coast. Make it hard as heck for mom to go see him play haha

Ari Gold
03-31-2017, 05:42 PM
Just block all SEC schools esp auburn and UGA. And let's refrain from all the comments on the Mom for now.

blacklistedbully
03-31-2017, 05:48 PM
Why does he want to leave?

HSVDawg
03-31-2017, 06:06 PM
Just block all SEC schools esp auburn and UGA. And let's refrain from all the comments on the Mom for now.

It doesn't work that way. Restricting release to only certain schools can only be done with a transfer situation. An LOI release puts the player back on the open market.

msstate7
03-31-2017, 06:09 PM
It doesn't work that way. Restricting release to only certain schools is only done with a transfer situation. An LOI release puts the player back on the open market.

I didn't think of that and don't like that at all.

msbulldog
03-31-2017, 06:10 PM
Just restrict it to schools on the west coast. Make it hard as heck for mom to go see him play haha

^^^THERE YOU GO!^^^

msbulldog
03-31-2017, 06:12 PM
It doesn't work that way. Restricting release to only certain schools can only be done with a transfer situation. An LOI release puts the player back on the open market.

DAMN

msbulldog
03-31-2017, 06:13 PM
Maybe his Dad can work this out, I hope so.

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2017, 06:17 PM

I think that's a pipe dream. In all seriousness, the situation sucks but, if things are this contentious now, I can't imagine how bad they'll be when he's actually here.

Not sure this entire situation is worth the headache.

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2017, 06:18 PM

I think that's a pipe dream. In all seriousness, the situation sucks but, if things are this contentious now, I can't imagine how bad they'll be when he's actually here.

msstate7
03-31-2017, 06:19 PM

My thought exactly... I just want some sort of guarantee he stays out of the sec and just part ways

maroonmania
03-31-2017, 06:32 PM
What in the heck brought this on now? We should have a very good team next year and he should realize that. Is he worried about lack of playing time as a FR?

As far as the release, my understanding given no coaching change or anything else at MSU is that he sits a year regardless. A release would only allow him to be put on scholarship with another school next year. No release means he pays his own way unless rules work differently here because he hasn't enrolled yet. Personally I'm concerned he is being tampered with by another school.

MarketingBully
03-31-2017, 06:38 PM
His mom is putting a ton of pressure on him to not play for his dad. This isn't over but it's one of the most bizarre situations I have seen. And yes, you can make it so that it is a release contingent on him not going to UGA, Auburn, or any other team that plays on our schedule.

MarketingBully
03-31-2017, 06:40 PM
What in the heck brought this on now? We should have a very good team next year and he should realize that. Is he worried about lack of playing time as a FR?

As far as the release, my understanding given no coaching change or anything else at MSU is that he sits a year regardless. A release would only allow him to be put on scholarship with another school next year. No release means he pays his own way unless rules work differently here because he hasn't enrolled yet. Personally I'm concerned he is being tampered with by another school.

Could be tampering if schools are in touch with his mom putting added pressure on him. Personally given the situation, I wouldn't release him because the kid does want to play for Coach Brooks but doesn't want to piss off his mom. The mother is the big problem here and is the one that should be ashamed of themselves.

maroonmania
03-31-2017, 06:41 PM
His mom is putting a ton of pressure on him to not play for his dad. This isn't over but it's one of the most bizarre situations I have seen. And yes, you can make it so that it is a release contingent on him not going to UGA, Auburn, or any other team that plays on our schedule.

Didn't she have to sign off on his paperwork when he signed with us or was his Dad allowed to even though he doesn't live with him?

maroonmania
03-31-2017, 06:43 PM
Could be tampering if schools are in touch with his mom putting added pressure on him. Personally given the situation, I wouldn't release him because the kid does want to play for Coach Brooks but doesn't want to piss off his mom. The mother is the big problem here and is the one that should be ashamed of themselves.

The whole situation is so MState that if isn't wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

MarketingBully
03-31-2017, 06:49 PM
Didn't she have to sign off on his paperwork when he signed with us or was his Dad allowed to even though he doesn't live with him?

Coach Brooks did. His mom wasn't even at the announcement. It might be moot anyway because the NCAA could possibly deny it due to you have to have a valid reason to ask for a release for your NLI.

LC Dawg
03-31-2017, 06:59 PM
Kids suffer enough when parents split but when it gets to this level it's extremely sad to see.

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2017, 07:16 PM
We should never release him. This is a situation we need to play hardball.

HSVDawg
03-31-2017, 08:12 PM

We have no power to release him to any one particular school or set of schools before he enrolls. Period. A LOI is a contract that is either fully in effect or null and void if agreed between both parties. There's no in between. We either tell him to suck it up and play for us or sit out. What will happen is that he won't show up anyway, so there will be no headache. But other kids in the future won't try to pull this crap with us. We have nothing to gain by giving him a release with no strings attached.

msujan
04-01-2017, 01:04 PM
Why does he want to leave?

Not sure, but I know that there is a family situation, had to choose between mom and dad because mom didn't want him to come to dad. Mom made it a him-or-me choice and it was a very, very difficult decision for this young man. I can't hold this against him.

BayouDawg
04-01-2017, 01:18 PM
I'm beginning to hate men's college basketball. Too many egos to manage and all they can think about is getting to the NBA even if they don't have a snow ball's chance at making it, looking at you Malik. The women's game is so much better to watch. I never thought I'd say that.

thf24
04-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Not sure, but I know that there is a family situation, had to choose between mom and dad because mom didn't want him to come to dad. Mom made it a him-or-me choice and it was a very, very difficult decision for this young man. I can't hold this against him.

Problem is he already made that choice when he signed his LOI. I doubt many with any knowledge of the situation would have held it against him if he'd signed elsewhere to begin with, but by making his choice then waffling on it months later, he's wasted recruiting opportunities and time for our program. If he ends up somewhere other than with us at this point, I'm absolutely going to hold it against him.

HSVDawg
04-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Problem is he already made that choice when he signed his LOI. I doubt many with any knowledge of the situation would have held it against him if he'd signed elsewhere to begin with, but by making his choice then waffling on it months later, he's wasted recruiting opportunities and time for our program. If he ends up somewhere other than with us at this point, I'm absolutely going to hold it against him.

Yep.

smootness
04-01-2017, 01:34 PM

It's just a tough situation. I agree that he should be able to make his own decision and stick with it, but sometimes it's a lot more complicated than that.

HSVDawg
04-01-2017, 01:45 PM
It's just a tough situation. I agree that he should be able to make his own decision and stick with it, but sometimes it's a lot more complicated than that.

Well honestly, part of this falls on his dad, too. He is the one with the dual responsibility of looking out for the best interests of both his son and the MSU program. If he had any inkling that this type of situation could have come up, he should have told him to just sign elsewhere. That may have been the solution all along that would be best for both parties. He also has the responsibility, as a parent, to clearly explain the significance behind signing the LOI and letting his son know the importance of keeping his word. If he actually did all that and it still blew up to this point, some responsibilty falls back on Garrison and his mom.

maroonmania
04-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Well honestly, part of this falls on his dad, too. He is the one with the dual responsibility of looking out for the best interests of both his son and the MSU program. If he had any inkling that this type of situation could have come up, he should have told him to just sign elsewhere. That may have been the solution all along that would be best for both parties. He also has the responsibility, as a parent, to clearly explain the significance behind signing the LOI and letting his son know the importance of keeping his word. If he actually did all that and it still blew up to this point, some responsibilty falls back on Garrison and his mom.

Sounds like to me if he just holds out until he leaves for college his Mom won't really be a problem anymore. Until then I assume she is in his ear everyday riding him about his decision to go play for his Father which apparently she has quite a bit of animosity for.

confucius say
04-01-2017, 07:43 PM
Sounds like the adults need to be adults. Hate it for the kid honestly.

sleepy dawg
04-01-2017, 08:43 PM
I'm beginning to hate men's college basketball. Too many egos to manage and all they can think about is getting to the NBA even if they don't have a snow ball's chance at making it, looking at you Malik. The women's game is so much better to watch. I never thought I'd say that.

They just play better fundamentals.***

JOHNHEVESYMADE
04-02-2017, 08:40 AM
We aren't going to release him. He will go through the appeals process to see if he can be released. We should know what happens in 2 weeks. Bizarre situation. Brooks landed Q, Malik, little spoon, and kegler but can't land his own son???

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-03-2017, 10:52 AM
no we dont. I'd save that scholly.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-03-2017, 01:17 PM
We aren't going to release him. He will go through the appeals process to see if he can be released. We should know what happens in 2 weeks. Bizarre situation. Brooks landed Q, Malik, little spoon, and kegler but can't land his own son???

Yep right now we don't feel like the NCAA will release him. If they do we have another kid lined up. I can't fault George at all for this. He's pretty much had to remove himself from Garrison's recruitment because of the other parental side.

drummerdawg
04-03-2017, 01:34 PM
Yep right now we don't feel like the NCAA will release him. If they do we have another kid lined up. I can't fault George at all for this. He's pretty much had to remove himself from Garrison's recruitment because of the other parental side.

Who is the backup plan?

thf24
04-03-2017, 01:39 PM
Pure speculation and probably wishful thinking, but is it possible he's only requesting a release to pacify his mother, knowing we and/or the NCAA won't grant it? It just seems odd there has been practically no information released on it aside from a few tweets from b-list sources if he's seriously pursuing it.

msstate7
04-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Who is the backup plan?

Mohammed bamba**

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Mohammed bamba**

Holy s^*$ I wish!!!!

maroonmania
04-03-2017, 01:47 PM

Exactly why I say that most of this would all go away once we got him on campus if we just hold out on the situation. Once he is no longer living under the same roof with his Mother then he won't have to deal with this issue on a day to day basis. Sad part is if the Mother would just let this go then both parents would get to see Garrison play out his college career. If she gets her way then she will be the only one that will get to see him.

drummerdawg
04-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Would we go after Mayan Kiir? Seems he just asked for a release from VCU.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Would we go after Mayan Kiir? Seems he just asked for a release from VCU.

If he did then hell yea we should!!! Tirus Smith is a guy from Petal 6'9" 220 would we go after him?

Tbonewannabe
04-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Exactly why I say that most of this would all go away once we got him on campus if we just hold out on the situation. Once he is no longer living under the same roof with his Mother then he won't have to deal with this issue on a day to day basis. Sad part is if the Mother would just let this go then both parents would get to see Garrison play out his college career. If she gets her way then she will be the only one that will get to see him.

That is probably the problem, crazy bitches just going to be crazy. I had a friend knock up a Golden Girl at Alcorn. Girl was straight bat shit crazy and he ended up getting custody of his son when he was around 10 years old. She just saw the boy as a way to try and hurt him. Poor kid was just in the middle and miserable.

msstate7
04-03-2017, 05:21 PM
That is probably the problem, crazy bitches just going to be crazy. I had a friend knock up a Golden Girl at Alcorn. Girl was straight bat shit crazy and he ended up getting custody of his son when he was around 10 years old. She just saw the boy as a way to try and hurt him. Poor kid was just in the middle and miserable.https://s30.postimg.org/ib9r2i39d/IMG_1653.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/y9igsmxh9/)

Which one? I had no idea those ladies were so vengeful

confucius say
04-03-2017, 06:54 PM
https://s30.postimg.org/ib9r2i39d/IMG_1653.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/y9igsmxh9/)

Which one? I had no idea those ladies were so vengeful

Obviously blanch. She's the easy one. No idea why she was in lorman, ms, though.

lamont
04-03-2017, 06:59 PM
That is probably the problem, crazy bitches just going to be crazy. Girl was straight bat shit crazy and he ended up getting custody of his son when he was around 10 years old. She just saw the boy as a way to try and hurt him. Poor kid was just in the middle and miserable.

I live it everyday. I feel for George

confucius say
04-03-2017, 08:36 PM
I live it everyday. I feel for George

Somebody married you!??
Kidding kidding

lamont
04-03-2017, 08:47 PM
13 years with #1
7 years with #2

#2 needs to be in an institution- until you have received 63 unanswered texts from your chick in a 4 hour period- you dont know the level of crazy people deal with

MarketingBully
04-03-2017, 08:53 PM

Good, what stupid reasoning does Garrison Brooks have to request a release? No way the NCAA grants this.

MarketingBully
04-03-2017, 09:25 PM

The other side doesn't think he will be released either why else would they make this shit public? Seems very trashy and shitty to me. I just don't understand why this woman won't let her kid go where he wants to go. It's funny to watch the Twitterverse rumor mill take this and run with it when they don't know shit about the situation.

MarketingBully
04-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Man, sixpackspeak sure has some ignorant mother ****ers on that board when it comes to being in the know on this situation. Glad I come here for information.

lamont
04-03-2017, 10:01 PM
I just don't understand why this woman won't let her kid go where he wants to go.

Follow the money.

MarketingBully
04-04-2017, 06:29 AM
Follow the money.

That would be some dumb ass shit if they paid momma (I'm assuming Auburn) and there is not a guarantee the NCAA will rule in his favor. There must be extenuating circumstances for him to even get out of his NLI without us granting his release which we aren't. The question I have is will he go for a second appeal once his first one is denied? He apparently didn't do his homework on how binding an NLI is if we don't grant this release. We should just ride this out IMO. This situation really does suck.

MarketingBully
04-04-2017, 09:49 AM
So still answer me this, what do we gain from releasing Garrison? For some reason, he is expecting us to release him this week. Why would he say that to Evan Daniels? Are they putting a ton of pressure on Coach Brooks to convince Coach Howland to release him? Please Coach Howland don't fold to this bullshit.

Tbonewannabe
04-04-2017, 09:57 AM
So still answer me this, what do we gain from releasing Garrison? For some reason, he is expecting us to release him this week. Why would he say that to Evan Daniels? Are they putting a ton of pressure on Coach Brooks to convince Coach Howland to release him? Please Coach Howland don't fold to this bullshit.

Most MSU thing ever. Get a recruit that is the son of a coach. Stop recruiting post players because you have the recruit. Now lose the recruit to a rival school that paid a crazy bitch to raise hell. Be short on post players because of actions of crazy bitch.

smootness
04-04-2017, 10:00 AM
I don't think this has anything to do with money. She has been a problem from the beginning.

MarketingBully
04-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Most MSU thing ever. Get a recruit that is the son of a coach. Stop recruiting post players because you have the recruit. Now lose the recruit to a rival school that paid a crazy bitch to raise hell. Be short on post players because of actions of crazy bitch.

We never stopped recruiting. We got Faezel as insurance in case this shit happened and have some solid post players we kept warm in case it happened. We were prepared for this. I just can't stand this type of shit because it reflects badly outside our program even though we know the story. Others are wondering and just make shit up. But you better believe we were prepared for this situation.

Tbonewannabe
04-04-2017, 10:04 AM
I don't think this has anything to do with money. She has been a problem from the beginning.

She sounds like the type of woman that would throw away her son's only pair of shoes and let him go barefoot if the dad bought them. Some bitches be crazy.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-04-2017, 10:13 AM

THIS

msstate7
04-04-2017, 10:14 AM
I'd hate to be in George's shoes. If mom has convinced garrison to pursue release and we don't do it, mom isn't gonna really turn garrison on George by blaming George

Dawgbite
04-04-2017, 10:24 AM
She sounds like the type of woman that would throw away her son's only pair of shoes and let him go barefoot if the dad bought them. Some bitches be crazy.

So how do you know my ex wife? I know husbands #2, #3, #4,#5, and #7 so you might be #6 or #8!!!!!

MarketingBully
04-04-2017, 10:27 AM
THIS

Yeah, I don't think there is payment involved. Now tampering? That's a different story if it is Auburn in her ear. Pearl has a history of being in the gray area and I wouldn't put it past him if he tampered here.

drunkernhelldawg
04-04-2017, 10:33 AM

It was our decision to pass on those players. We are not in the revenge business.

lamont
04-04-2017, 10:33 AM
It's 100% about money. Every top 100 college basketball signee is about money. Auburn has her on an incentive plan- you can bet your ass on it

BrunswickDawg
04-04-2017, 10:43 AM
So how do you know my ex wife? I know husbands #2, #3, #4,#5, and #7 so you might be #6 or #8!!!!!

Damn. Have y'all started support group, or a basketball team?

smootness
04-04-2017, 10:55 AM
It's 100% about money. Every top 100 college basketball signee is about money. Auburn has her on an incentive plan- you can bet your ass on it

This doesn't really make sense. If every signee is about money, then what would be the difference between us and Auburn in that regard?

louisvilledawg
04-04-2017, 11:15 AM
This doesn't really make sense. If every signee is about money, then what would be the difference between us and Auburn in that regard?

Auburn is not us?

smootness
04-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Auburn is not us?

Again, this doesn't make sense, given that logic. We presumably have incentive plans for other players...so why would Auburn have one for him but not us?

lamont
04-04-2017, 11:45 AM

Not all amounts are the same

lamont
04-04-2017, 11:47 AM
In college basketball- you have to pay that' AAU fee to even recruit some kids

smootness
04-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Not all amounts are the same

So we got all the recruits we did because we paid more than schools like Kansas, UNC, Alabama, etc?

Again, this just doesn't follow logically. For some bizarre reason there is always one school willing/able to pay more than all the other schools, but that school changes from kid to kid...and some teams pay more than another school for one kid but then pay less than the other school for another kid.

Also, why would Auburn wait until after he's signed his LOI to drum up this incentive plan?

Pretty sure the easiest explanation is, the mom doesn't and never has wanted him to play for his dad.

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-04-2017, 11:52 AM
you're naive. there's no logic here...its a game.

Dawgbite
04-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Damn. Have y'all started support group, or a basketball team?

The sad part is #2 and #4 are the same guy but he was a good step dad to my son and they still keep in touch. I still give him hell because he was stupid enough to do it twice, the rest of us were just stupid once. #3 and I went to high school together, #5 drank himself to death, and #7 was an employee of mine at the time. Thankfully I haven't laid eyes on the B..... in 10 years so every cloud has a silver lining. Four of us have sat down for a beer together at the same social function in the past, and it was unanimous that 2/4 was the dumbest of the bunch, he even voted for himself.

smootness
04-04-2017, 11:59 AM
you're naive. there's no logic here...its a game.

Huh?

lamont
04-04-2017, 12:03 PM
So we got all the recruits we did because we paid more than schools like Kansas, UNC, Alabama, etc?

Again, this just doesn't follow logically. For some bizarre reason there is always one school willing/able to pay more than all the other schools, but that school changes from kid to kid...and some teams pay more than another school for one kid but then pay less than the other school for another kid.

Also, why would Auburn wait until after he's signed his LOI to drum up this incentive plan?

Pretty sure the easiest explanation is, the mom doesn't and never has wanted him to play for his dad.

Not all recruits go to the highest bidder- stop being obtuse. But they all have some type of incentive plan through AAU, Nike, Addidas, etc. Auburn has had the incentive plan there for awhile. They know Momma doesn't want him in Sville. They are helping guide her thru the process. Momma refuses to give up and wants the BBD.

MarketingBully
04-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Not all recruits go to the highest bidder- stop being obtuse. But they all have some type of incentive plan through AAU, Nike, Addidas, etc. Auburn has had the incentive plan there for awhile. They know Momma doesn't want him in Sville. They are helping guide her thru the process. Momma refuses to give up and wants the BBD.

If true and he ends up at Auburn, that is direct tampering to a very high degree and should be punished. If the lawyer they are using to craft the response to the NCAA can be linked to Auburn, tampering could easily be proven. Personally, I think the NCAA will deny his request. They don't have a good case for a release. I'm hoping we can just ride this out and get him on campus in May or June and this will blow over.

smootness
04-04-2017, 12:22 PM

So it sounds like it's not about the money then. That was my original point. She doesn't want him playing for his dad, and that is the issue here, not money.

maroonmania
04-04-2017, 12:27 PM
If true and he ends up at Auburn, that is direct tampering to a very high degree and should be punished. If the lawyer they are using to craft the response to the NCAA can be linked to Auburn, tampering could easily be proven. Personally, I think the NCAA will deny his request. They don't have a good case for a release. I'm hoping we can just ride this out and get him on campus in May or June and this will blow over.

To my knowledge, Auburn wasn't even a significant factor in his list of final schools last Fall.

dawgday166
04-04-2017, 12:33 PM
The sad part is #2 and #4 are the same guy but he was a good step dad to my son and they still keep in touch. I still give him hell because he was stupid enough to do it twice, the rest of us were just stupid once. #3 and I went to high school together, #5 drank himself to death, and #7 was an employee of mine at the time. Thankfully I haven't laid eyes on the B..... in 10 years so every cloud has a silver lining. Four of us have sat down for a beer together at the same social function in the past, and it was unanimous that 2/4 was the dumbest of the bunch, he even voted for himself.

Winner! This is Classic!!!

lamont
04-04-2017, 12:52 PM
So it sounds like it's not about the money then. That was my original point. She doesn't want him playing for his dad, and that is the issue here, not money.

It's about BBD from Auburn. Have a nice day

Tbonewannabe
04-04-2017, 01:01 PM

Luckily I do not personally know this level of crazy. Heard stuff from a friend but that is the extent of it. He always said you knew she was crazy if a judge awarded a black guy in MS custody of a kid over his mother.

HSVDawg
04-04-2017, 01:05 PM

Cool. Auburn can enjoy him for 3 years after he sits for 2.

smootness
04-04-2017, 01:34 PM

So not money then. Glad we agree.

msbulldog
04-04-2017, 02:12 PM

Random I guess I am stupid, I thought basketball recruiting was like football. The kid likes the school and signs a LOI, done deal. Can you please explain BBD and incentives from or to the AAU.

maroonmania
04-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Sorry it I missed it somewhere, but what is BBD?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-04-2017, 02:31 PM

Poison? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb2np1HGqxg

maroonmania
04-04-2017, 02:42 PM

Guess I will go with Bruce's Bankroll Distributions.

MarketingBully
04-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Bigger better deal.

lamont
04-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Bigger better deal.

This

JoseBrown
04-04-2017, 09:40 PM

I saw on another board where if we lose Brooks, we may end up with another kid seeking a release from his current school. So, if that's true, what would that mean for us?

smootness
04-05-2017, 07:42 AM
Bigger better deal.

Then there should be nothing stopping us from just giving him a bigger, better deal. Sweet, problem solved.

maroonmania
04-05-2017, 08:28 AM
Then there should be nothing stopping us from just giving him a bigger, better deal. Sweet, problem solved.

Well there is that little organization called the NCAA. Auburn can give Cam Newton well over 6 figures to play for them with no consequences whereas we can't seem to even get a player a 3K discount on a used car without it blowing up in our face.

smootness
04-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Well there is that little organization called the NCAA. Auburn can give Cam Newton well over 6 figures to play for them with no consequences whereas we can't seem to even get a player a 3K discount on a used car without it blowing up in our face.

Well, every top 100 player gets this kind of deal, so we've obviously done it plenty recently.

ghostofjackie
04-05-2017, 09:26 AM

No we don't have to, and we shouldn't. If this is true, then this guy screwed us and another player by taking up a scholarship that could have went to someone else. If we release him it sets a precedent for this to happen to us again in the future. These kids need to know that signing a sheet of paper is a contract and if they try to get out of that contract then there are repercussions.

smootness
04-05-2017, 09:54 AM
I agree we shouldn't release him, btw. If there is a significant change, like a coaching change, then you should always release them. In this case, nothing changed, so sorry.

HSVDawg
04-05-2017, 10:27 AM
I saw on another board where if we lose Brooks, we may end up with another kid seeking a release from his current school. So, if that's true, what would that mean for us?

Well we aren't releasing Brooks so it doesn't matter. And I haven't seen that rumor. It probably wouldn't mean anything for us anyway because the other school would probably follow the same school of thought as we should be following, which is to not release a kid who wants out for no reason.

pilldawg
04-05-2017, 10:32 AM
We can legally pay Garrison Brooks through his dad. Give George a big raise, bonus or whatever.

maroonmania
04-05-2017, 11:11 AM
We can legally pay Garrison Brooks through his dad. Give George a big raise, bonus or whatever.

Good point.

maroonmania
04-05-2017, 11:14 AM
No we don't have to, and we shouldn't. If this is true, then this guy screwed us and another player by taking up a scholarship that could have went to someone else. If we release him it sets a precedent for this to happen to us again in the future. These kids need to know that signing a sheet of paper is a contract and if they try to get out of that contract then there are repercussions.

Actually sets a really bad precedent for this to happen to us or ANY school in the future. Players will view this and figure that any time they want to change their mind after signing a NLI for any reason they should have the freedom to start their recruiting process all over again. Could turn to chaos.

maroonmania
04-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Well, every top 100 player gets this kind of deal, so we've obviously done it plenty recently.

Well that's true, basketball recruiting and dealing with AAU has gotten so corrupt that I'm not sure that the NCAA even cares about enforcing rules in the sport of men's basketball anymore. Of course, on the other hand, when it dealt specifically with us they sure had plenty of say about Renardo Sidney and his eligibility.

lamont
04-05-2017, 11:58 AM

Not willing to do it. Been enough sponsoring of AAU

HSVDawg
04-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Not willing to do it. Been enough sponsoring of AAU

We also don't have to do it. Considering the kid has, you know, already signed with us.

confucius say
04-05-2017, 01:46 PM

She must have been really hot. Bc she obviously was crazy. Pics needed to verify.

Tbonewannabe
04-05-2017, 02:13 PM
She must have been really hot. Bc she obviously was crazy. Pics needed to verify.

Yep, according to the hot/personality/crazy matrix - she has to be at least a solid 8 to make up for this amount of crazy.

JoseBrown
04-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Well we aren't releasing Brooks so it doesn't matter. And I haven't seen that rumor. It probably wouldn't mean anything for us anyway because the other school would probably follow the same school of thought as we should be following, which is to not release a kid who wants out for no reason.

The post I was commenting about was referring to the kids being recruited by other schools after signing the NLI. The post I replied to pointed out that AU must be recruiting Brooks after he signed his NLI to us. I was simply comparing that to our possible situation with a kid that's rumored to be brought in if he gets a release from his school. But that's only a possibility if we lose Brooks. The point being made was is AU stepping out of line with Brooks right now? And if so, are we with the other kid?

HSVDawg
04-05-2017, 04:19 PM
The post I was commenting about was referring to the kids being recruited by other schools after signing the NLI. The post I replied to pointed out that AU must be recruiting Brooks after he signed his NLI to us. I was simply comparing that to our possible situation with a kid that's rumored to be brought in if he gets a release from his school. But that's only a possibility if we lose Brooks. The point being made was is AU stepping out of line with Brooks right now? And if so, are we with the other kid?

If that's true, then yes we are stepping out of line if we initiated any contact. But if the kid called us, it's fair game.

shannondawg
04-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Any further news on this development?

I'm sure the coaching staff has more of the inside track as to whats going on. but its a difficult decision non the less. Damm if you do, damm if you don't.

thf24
04-07-2017, 08:53 AM

Didn't he tell some twitter journalist that he was expecting to be released this week? That obviously didn't happen, and regardless of his expectations, I feel like if we were going to release him we would have done so by now so we could get on with recruiting.

HSVDawg
04-07-2017, 09:15 AM

I'm sure the coaching staff has more of the inside track as to whats going on. but its a difficult decision non the less. Damm if you do, damm if you don't.

The further news is that we aren't releasing him come hell or high water. That's already been established. The only way he can get a release is if the NCAA rules the NLI voided for some reason (not likely).

And, it's not a difficult decision. The "damned if you do" is way worse for MSU in this scenario.

JoseBrown
04-07-2017, 09:17 AM
If that's true, then yes we are stepping out of line if we initiated any contact. But if the kid called us, it's fair game.

I gotcha, and I agree with that. Either way we'll be fine. But I'm glad we aren't granting the release. Would be a bad precedent for us. If the NCAA demands it, then hopefully we can place stipulations on it.