PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's just me, but the board seems

gravedigger
09-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Strange lately. Yea I get that a loss to osu wasn't exactly a great way to start. Yea I get that we played a dud team last week. Yea I get that many want bracky's head because everybody else gets off or seems to.

But this neurotic obsession with how bad it's going to get in the near future is making what was once a really good source to talk about X's and O's and strategy, almost impossible to read.

Is it out of line to suggest that if you want to worry yourself sick about this stuff you take it to some other place?

Some of it doesn't even sound genuine.

Everything isn't sunny and wonderful but some of this stuff reads like the book of revelation.

#hatescrollingpagestofindgoodposts

Political Hack
09-12-2013, 09:50 AM
as soon as we beat a decent team (Auburn) it'll go away and people will focus on the season.

I have to admit, even though I'm extremely PO'd at how poorly our adminstration is doing (and keep jumping in every thread about it), I'm ready to talk/read about football.

Gravedigger has won me over. No more complaining until we lose a game.

Coach34
09-12-2013, 09:56 AM
I think it is simply that everybody is in wait and see mode for Saturday. We saw Croom-style playcalling vs Ok State. Then we saw the true Spread Option and more imagination with Dak at QB. And now it's like- "wtf are we going to see this week????"

tcdog70
09-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Right, enough negatives. We are in good shape in two of the three phases of the game. Special team Play has been really good. Our defensive line has depth and talent. Our first and second team LB have speed and size. We also have talent in the secondary with Coach Townsend. We will be better when Redman can play. Coach Collins is doing a super job so far. We will get a better look this weekend. We will be tested on how well we can stop the run. Hope our DEs can contain their speed backs.

TheRef
09-12-2013, 09:59 AM
I think it is simply that everybody is in wait and see mode for Saturday. We saw Croom-style playcalling vs Ok State. Then we saw the true Spread Option and more imagination with Dak at QB. And now it's like- "wtf are we going to see this week????"

That's the strategy....confuse them then HIT 'EM WITH THE RIGHT!

Bear@Work
09-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Strange lately. Yea I get that a loss to osu wasn't exactly a great way to start. Yea I get that we played a dud team last week. Yea I get that many want bracky's head because everybody else gets off or seems to.

But this neurotic obsession with how bad it's going to get in the near future is making what was once a really good source to talk about X's and O's and strategy, almost impossible to read.

Is it out of line to suggest that if you want to worry yourself sick about this stuff you take it to some other place?

Some of it doesn't even sound genuine.

Everything isn't sunny and wonderful but some of this stuff reads like the book of revelation.

#hatescrollingpagestofindgoodposts

No kidding.

For weeks, all we hung our hat on was the impending Ole Miss implosion and this board saw the most traffic we've ever seen. As State fans, that's the sort of thing we can rally around and it brings our fanbase together. Fast forward 3 weeks to now and there have been like 10 NCAA programs implicated in scandal (WTF, us aGAIN?) and nothing yet on OM. Throw in that we looked completely incompetent against an OSU team that didn't exactly look like worldbeaters, and I think most people are pretty disinterested. And right up the road, everyone outside of us is too busy giving handjobs and slurpydurpys to the Kluckers for no apparent reason and now it looks like Texas will basically hand them a win. Jesus, this is going to get unbearable.

I had them picked to start 1-6 and they're gonna have 3-0 handed to them on a silver platter. On the flip side, it's apparent to everyone but our coaches that Dakota is the right man for the job since he gives us a chance and makes the offense not be so damn offensive. All I can do is throw my hands up. If DP doesn't get more than 50% of the snaps on Saturday, I may sell the rest of my season tickets. We've gotta send a message somehow.

MadDawg
09-12-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm interested in your tickets. PM me. ****

Original48
09-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Had a buddy text me last night 'Im done. Tired of investing emotionally into Miss St football.' Me..'til we win Saturday?' Him.. 'Yep.'

cheewgumm
09-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Want to make this board totally unbearable? Lets all be totally positive(uninteresting).

Sounds like a terrible idea to me.

I am positive in that I think we will win on Saturday. It i won't stop complaining if we get that crappy play calling like against ok state. If it happens again you'll have a lot more complainers.

SignalToNoise
09-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Because we are heading into week 3 and still aren't sure what our identity is supposed to be offensively. A lot of us are frustrated that we are in year 5 of Mullen and have no clue how to use Russell, and even if we did commit 100% to Dak is ready to takeover.

Barking 13
09-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Want to make this board totally unbearable? Lets all be totally positive(uninteresting).

Sounds like a terrible idea to me.

I am positive in that I think we will win on Saturday. It i won't stop complaining if we get that crappy play calling like against ok state. If it happens again you'll have a lot more complainers.

This ^^^^ give the boy some double bubble

FISHDAWG
09-12-2013, 10:25 AM
this board is still evolving and shaping it's own personality ... I think the positive attraction originally was the X's & O's guys came here and drove the discussion in that direction ... now as the season begins to unfold we have a new influx of different type of posters ... this was to be expected ... however, it's still the best board on MSU athletics weather some folks are bitching or not ....... I'm not sure weather is spelled properly (at least the spelling and grammar police aren't yet patroling )

bocfarm
09-12-2013, 10:30 AM
whether

FISHDAWG
09-12-2013, 10:35 AM
thanks ... you wanna be ED's official English Professor ? .... every board needs at least one, chalk up another title - we now have a weather man and a spelling cop ... we need to incorporate

hailmari
09-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Perhaps too many that repelled some of us from SPS are making their way over...

Dawgbite
09-12-2013, 10:52 AM
There are so many people standing on the rails of the SS Mullen just waiting to jump that the ship is a loss to Auburn away from foundering . I've never seen so many people waiting for and expecting iminant doom and I've been a fan for 35+ years.

Barking 13
09-12-2013, 10:55 AM
love the IP, Dawgbite!

Barking 13
09-12-2013, 10:57 AM
this board is still evolving and shaping it's own personality ... I think the positive attraction originally was the X's & O's guys came here and drove the discussion in that direction ... now as the season begins to unfold we have a new influx of different type of posters ... this was to be expected ... however, it's still the best board on MSU athletics weather some folks are bitching or not ....... I'm not sure weather is spelled properly (at least the spelling and grammar police aren't yet patroling )

I'm just a color commentator... :p

cheewgumm
09-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Question is what do you want from this board? If the answer is

A) I want people to be positive about Miss State
B) I want the "coaches" to break down the Xs and Os..

then I contend your audience is giong to be extremely limited.

Just my opinon, but...
To me "interesting" is the key. Substance drives viewership. And "substance" can be defined in different ways other than just explaining Xs and Os.

Bullmutt
09-12-2013, 11:24 AM
What entices me are posts which seem insightful. "Interesting" and "substantive" are good. Doom and gloom is not!

FlabLoser
09-12-2013, 11:42 AM
What I can't do is make all of our posters into John Gruden. What I can do is keep kick out the rebels, pissing contests, and other asshattery.

maroonmania
09-12-2013, 11:51 AM
To be honest, since the NCAA findings were released where Redmond was totally abused I haven't seen a lot to be positive about. We lost to OSU by 18 points where we looked totally outcoached after the first quarter while OM beat Vandy in Nashville in dramatic fashion playing a boatload of true freshmen. Last week's glorified scrimmage with Alcorn was nothing to get pumped about so now we go into Auburn where most folks with a pulse are picking against us and OM is going in to play a bigtime name program that appears to be falling apart just in time to gift wrap them a victory that will continue to have the media fawning all over them. I guess since I need to be more positive, I will add that the stadium expansion project is looking really nice.

MarketingBully01
09-12-2013, 11:51 AM
I will just be glad to play a team with a pulse so people will quit bitching about the Oklahoma State game. I think more people bitched about that game from all aspects then any other game in the history of MSU. It's been non stop bitching for two solid weeks. It's amazing how one game caused such a huge avalanche of negativity from the fan base of one program. And the game in the grand scheme of things will mean absolutely nothing.