PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical SEC: OM out and ND in?

Reason2succeed
03-31-2017, 11:27 AM
Would you do it? Do you think Norte Dame would do it? Would the Sec try to do it? How do you think Notre Dame would stack up particularly in the only sport that matters?

Jack Lambert
03-31-2017, 11:29 AM
Heck no. I say go after NC State and move MO to the west.

msstate7
03-31-2017, 11:29 AM
No way ND would do that. They have their own football broadcasts on NBC and they're in a better basketball conference

GTHOM
03-31-2017, 12:16 PM
Hell no they wouldnt and we dont want them

WinningIsRelentless
03-31-2017, 12:26 PM
F@@@ no.

msbulldog
03-31-2017, 12:29 PM
Notre Dame won't do it.

msstate7
03-31-2017, 12:30 PM
If they actually would join though, it'd be awesome for the sec. It would be great to see ND visit here and us visit south bend. It would suck for us though bc ND would likely live up to potential if they were in the sec

AusTexDawg
03-31-2017, 12:32 PM
While contracts are rarely totally ironclad, Notre Dame's deal with the ACC requires the football team to join the rest of their programs in the ACC if they give up football independence before 2036 (http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/17102933/acc-espn-agree-20-year-rights-deal-lead-2019-launch-acc-network).

SaintDawg
03-31-2017, 12:37 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/altf.gif

Tbonewannabe
03-31-2017, 01:05 PM
Heck no. I say go after NC State and move MO to the west.

I agree with NC State. Gives you another state that is still connected to the SEC footprint and they seem to have good programs. Football is typically around bowl eligible and baseball is good. Basketball has been up and down but has been good. They are actually Very similar to us in most respects. Their football stadium and normal attendance is around 57k which is a sellout. I am sure they would love to get away from UNC and Duke similar to A&M getting away from UT.

Reason2succeed
03-31-2017, 01:17 PM
I'd take Virginia Tech. I think it's a bigger school and it definitely has a better football history.

fader2103
03-31-2017, 01:23 PM
I would rather welcome back a team such as Tulane. It breaks up the LSU monopoly in LA. Also their baseball is great. Football has the potential to be decent/good. They do have a NC on their resume. I don't really know much about their basketball program.

TrapGame
03-31-2017, 01:56 PM
The Irish? Uh, no...just...no.

http://newsymain.npgroup.netdna-cdn.com/images/scripts/orig/1487006841.gif

Jack Lambert
03-31-2017, 02:00 PM
I would rather welcome back a team such as Tulane. It breaks up the LSU monopoly in LA. Also their baseball is great. Football has the potential to be decent/good. They do have a NC on their resume. I don't really know much about their basketball program.

I agree but realistically they have to go to a state that doesn't already have an SEC team. That's the only way you will get enough schools to vote yes. Seems like many of the states with only one school team up and vote as a block.

Tbonewannabe
03-31-2017, 02:10 PM
I agree but realistically they have to go to a state that doesn't already have an SEC team. That's the only way you will get enough schools to vote yes. Seems like many of the states with only one school team up and vote as a block.

There is also zero benefit to adding Tulane. Everyone in Louisiana is either a LSU fan or from another state. I worked with graduates from La Tech and everywhere else and they always considered LSU as their school over their alma mater.

Thick
03-31-2017, 02:38 PM
That's what fascinates me about Louisiana. It really doesn't matter where you attend college, they all love LSU and claim it. Hell, a small majority of season ticket holders and large majority of tail gaters are non alumni.

RocketDawg
03-31-2017, 06:23 PM
That's what fascinates me about Louisiana. It really doesn't matter where you attend college, they all love LSU and claim it. Hell, a small majority of season ticket holders and large majority of tail gaters are non alumni.

Might be the same at Alabama. I know a lot of fans but very few alumni.

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2017, 07:31 PM
Two things: First and foremost Notre Dame is NOT an SEC school. I in no shape, form, or fashion want them in the SEC. I'd rather see Troy or USM in the SEC. Two; it's a moot point because they would never do it anyway.

The Federalist Engineer
03-31-2017, 10:15 PM
Duke, North Carolina, or NC State