PDA

View Full Version : If you could talk to the Lady Dawgs..,,

Liverpooldawg
03-30-2017, 07:24 PM
before the game tomorrow what would you say?

My talk: Play without fear. You have nothing to fear and nothing to lose. UConn is the one with something to lose and something to fear, not you. Go for it. Play for the joy of the game! Live and play for the moment!

WSOPdawg
03-30-2017, 07:37 PM
I'm sure somebody somewhere throughout history has said something similar, but my pre-game pep talk would be...

"Bulldogs! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!
Give them nothing! But take from them everything!
The world will know that free Bulldogs stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed."

Now I gotta go find my shield and spear.

I_Spy
03-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Effort and Will! Do what you know how to do and do not be stopped.

fader2103
03-30-2017, 07:52 PM
I'd say. You lollygag the ball in the infield. You lollygag your way to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? Larry?

Someone had to shoutout LOLLYGAGGERS!

I'd honestly would say. Girls you know I don't have anything to say. You know how big of a moment this is. You know what this game means. Just have fun and relax and Hail State.

I_Spy
03-30-2017, 08:03 PM
"1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi" you gotta love that movie

Enjoyment of a game always comes from the work you put into it.
Good Luck, Lady Dawgs!

gravedigger
03-30-2017, 08:10 PM

My talk: Play without fear. You have nothing to fear and nothing to lose. UConn is the one with something to lose and something to fear, not you. Go for it. Play for the joy of the game! Live and play for the moment!

Move your feet. Cut off passing lanes. Be patient on offense. Work hard for position on rebounds. Give up on me he easy baskets for don't commit stupid fouls.

IMissJack
03-30-2017, 08:16 PM

"And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth. " I Samuel 17:49

Also a great line when Hickory won the Indiana State Basketball Championship!!! Hopefully someone gets this.

Liverpooldawg
03-30-2017, 08:24 PM
"And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth. " I Samuel 17:49

Also a great line when Hickory won the Indiana State Basketball Championship!!! Hopefully someone gets this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gKbrj2nZis

I was already looking for this. THIS! Just watching it again....it's amazing how many parallels there are. HAIL STATE!

Liverpooldawg
03-30-2017, 08:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gKbrj2nZis

I was already looking for this. THIS! Just watching it again....it's amazing how many parallels there are. HAIL STATE!

WHO is gonna make the shot?

Diggs
03-30-2017, 08:26 PM
The mighty oak was once a tiny seed that held its ground.

Don't quit for one minute. Don't quit for one second. Give them 60 minutes of hell.

Bulldog nation wants ONE THING.....FIGHT!

blacklistedbully
03-30-2017, 08:27 PM
First I'd say, "If some dude that goes by Liverpooldawg tries to give you advice, IGNORE HIM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE
Then I'd say, "Win, lose or draw, I am so damned proud of you young ladies. You've accomplished more than any other squad in Miss State history. More importantly, you've done it with class and dignity. Mississippi State University could not ask for better representatives of our school and our community.

You all worked your asses off to earn this Final Four. Now it's your time to go out there and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Go out there and have fun. Play hard, but loose. "They"...the so-called experts told you you couldn't beat DePaul. You did. Those same experts said you couldn't beat Washington. You did. And again, those experts said you couldn't play with Baylor. You did and you kicked their ass with all the odds against you!

I simply could not be more proud of you...no matter what happens on that court tonight. I wear maroon & white with more pride today because of who you all are and what you have accomplished as athletes, students and most importantly people. You are a credit to your school, your community and to your loved ones.

Now go out there and give those Connecticut Yankees an ass-whupping they won't soon forget! Praise the Lord and go Dawgs!"

blacklistedbully
03-30-2017, 08:36 PM
Or maybe something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEOOZDbMrgE

CadaverDawg
03-30-2017, 08:37 PM
"Go punch these ****ers in the mouth for 4 quarters. We'll win or we'll lose, but regardless make their asses glad they aren't playing MSU their next game."

ckDOG
03-30-2017, 08:42 PM
House money. Play loose, enjoy the moment, and hit them in the mouth early. Make them doubt that they are the typical UCONN and we have a shot.

Liverpooldawg
03-30-2017, 08:44 PM
First I'd say, "If some dude that goes by Liverpooldawg tries to give you advice, IGNORE HIM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE
Then I'd say, "Win, lose or draw, I am so damned proud of you young ladies. You've accomplished more than any other squad in Miss State history. More importantly, you've done it with class and dignity. Mississippi State University could not ask for better representatives of our school and our community.

You all worked your asses off to earn this Final Four. Now it's your time to go out there and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Go out there and have fun. Play hard, but loose. "They"...the so-called experts told you you couldn't beat DePaul. You did. Those same experts said you couldn't beat Washington. You did. And again, those experts said you couldn't play with Baylor. You did and you kicked their ass with all the odds against you!

I simply could not be more proud of you...no matter what happens on that court tonight. I wear maroon & white with more pride today because of who you all are and what you have accomplished as athletes, students and most importantly people. You are a credit to your school, your community and to your loved ones.

Now go out there and give those Connecticut Yankees an ass-whupping they won't soon forget! Praise the Lord and go Dawgs!"

So your first priority is to get in a dig at poster you don't like...........THEN you speak about MSU. OK. Praise the Lord and GO DAWGS!

WSOPdawg
03-30-2017, 08:48 PM
"Go punch these ****ers in the mouth for 4 quarters. We'll win or we'll lose, but regardless make their asses glad they aren't playing MSU their next game."

This I like.

blacklistedbully
03-30-2017, 09:22 PM
So your first priority is to get in a dig at poster you don't like...........THEN you speak about MSU. OK. Praise the Lord and GO DAWGS!

Seriously? You that thin-skinned?? It was a damn joke! I promise you are not a "first priority" for me. :rolleyes:

msstatelp1
03-30-2017, 09:24 PM
This, just substitute basketball for hockey and UCONN for Soviet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwpTj_Z9v-c

klong-dog
03-30-2017, 09:29 PM
98-38. It's been with us all year. We're not the same team, they're not the same team, time to prove ourselves to them and rest of the country.

TaleofTwoDogs
03-30-2017, 10:45 PM
Fear has no place on the court. Friday night is our night.

https://youtu.be/Neoih-gRdbU

ShotgunDawg
03-30-2017, 10:56 PM
Is that John Candy sitting in the 3rd row?

starkvegasdawg
03-30-2017, 11:44 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HV-HidaeQw0

GTHOM
03-31-2017, 01:04 AM

I like this one a lot haha

Dawg61
03-31-2017, 02:31 AM
What one woman can do another can do. What one woman can do another can do. Say it!! Louder!! What one woman can do another can do!! Damn right!!! Cause tonight we're gonna kill the mother****er!!!

TUSK
03-31-2017, 03:04 AM
I can't speak for him... but my friend, MUTT would say something like this:

"Look, gurls... ya'll made it this far, dammit... another win, and women may earn the right to vote! Don't let your species down, gynos!!!!!"

but I'm just speculating....

regardless, I hope you Kittens (read: "cats") win!

MagicDawg
03-31-2017, 06:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHciXv3BVXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH9hvFHlspc

SaintDawg
03-31-2017, 06:47 AM
Tonight is the night of nights. You are about to embark on the Great Crusade toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. They will fight savagely. I have full confidence in your courage, devotion, and skill. We will accept nothing less than full Victory.

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

MagicDawg
03-31-2017, 06:55 AM
Upon this battle depends the survival of Bulldog civilization. Upon it depends our own Bulldog life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire.

The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. UConn knows that they will have to break us or lose the war. If we can stand up to them, all NCAAW basketball may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands.

But if we fail, then the whole world, including Starkvegas, including all else that we have known and cared for, will sink further into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the Bulldog Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

Bama_Dawg
03-31-2017, 08:34 AM
This is the way I'd want it to go down if I was Coach Vic:

Coach walks into the locker room. Has a rolled up sheet of paper in his right hand, tapping it softly on his left. Big smile on his face.

"Ok Ladies, big night, huh? We've had big nights before. We are in the Final Four! Each and every one of you has contributed to this. Enjoy this moment. This is one of those moments you'll remember for the rest of your lives. Live in it, make YOUR story. YOU control how this will go."

"Give them nothing, make them earn every basket, every pass down low. Contest everything. Make them make mistakes. We've got nothing to lose Ladies...That being said, I've got someone here you all know to talk to you...Dak, you got anything?"

Prescott comes out...big smile on his face, the ladies clap and laugh at the sight of their old friend. Dak begins, "Thanks Coach! Welcome to Dallas, Ladies! I feel like you should be talking to me. You've accomplished so much over these past few years, I'm in awe being here with you. I know this, you guys are here for a reason, you're great individuals, athletes, team, and a family. We are part of the Mississippi State family. We don't back down, we don't run, we lift one another, we play for each other. Like Coach Vic said, enjoy this moment, because you've earned it. The entire Mississippi State family is proud of you. Know this, that family is behind you, cheering you on. You've got nothing to lose, play loose, have fun, leave it all on the court. If you do that, its success...for you...your team...and your Family. Have fun Ladies, I'll be out there screaming my head off for you, as will the rest of the Mississippi State family. Its a great day to be a Dawg...go get 'em Ladies!"

Coach pats Dak on the back, "Thanks Dak! And you're right, our entire Family is behind us, rooting us on. Dak, you gonna come back Sunday night and talk to us again, right?" Vic gives him and the team a big grin. "Now let's go win this game Ladies!"

blacklistedbully
03-31-2017, 09:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikynTH9oJg8

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2017, 09:55 AM
Seriously? You that thin-skinned?? It was a damn joke! I promise you are not a "first priority" for me. :rolleyes:

If that had been your 1st time then sure. Since it's about the hundredth one....

blacklistedbully
03-31-2017, 10:05 AM
If that had been your 1st time then sure. Since it's about the hundredth one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

I think you may have me confused with somebody else. I've given you a little ribbing before, but nothing special, and nothing I haven't been on the receiving end of myself.

To be sure...you have posted some stupid shit here. But so have I, and so have a lot of posters on this board. Get over it.

Cooterpoot
03-31-2017, 10:18 AM
Swipe the legs

Dawg61
03-31-2017, 10:38 AM
Swipe the legs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kr24G8jQpM

Mutt the Hoople
03-31-2017, 11:32 AM
Girls, remember that this is only a game. If everyone tries their hardest and has fun, then EVERYBODY is a winner.

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2017, 12:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

I think you may have me confused with somebody else. I've given you a little ribbing before, but nothing special, and nothing I haven't been on the receiving end of myself.

To be sure...you have posted some stupid shit here. But so have I, and so have a lot of posters on this board. Get over it.
You were the one who felt the need to go after somebody not me. I was just posting about the game.

TaleofTwoDogs
03-31-2017, 12:56 PM
Girls, remember that this is only a game. If everyone plays their hardest and has fun, then EVERYBODY is a winner. Oh, and can a guy get a sammich around here, for crying out loud???

There, FIFY.

blacklistedbully
03-31-2017, 01:42 PM
You were the one who felt the need to go after somebody not me. I was just posting about the game.

You are damn sure earning it. Man up.

Cooterpoot
03-31-2017, 01:50 PM
Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain’t over now. ‘Cause when the goin’ gets tough, the tough get goin’! Who’s with me? Let’s go! Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you’re gonna let it be the worst. “Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble.” Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna take this. Wormer, he’s a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer…

Tripp McNeely
03-31-2017, 02:30 PM
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...Win the whole ****ing thing."

JDog13
03-31-2017, 02:32 PM
Me: You've bled with Wallace, now bleed with me.

Girls: Who is Wallace?

Me: (facepalming)That's not the point.

dparker
03-31-2017, 05:34 PM
This is the way I'd want it to go down if I was Coach Vic:

Coach walks into the locker room. Has a rolled up sheet of paper in his right hand, tapping it softly on his left. Big smile on his face.

"Ok Ladies, big night, huh? We've had big nights before. We are in the Final Four! Each and every one of you has contributed to this. Enjoy this moment. This is one of those moments you'll remember for the rest of your lives. Live in it, make YOUR story. YOU control how this will go."

"Give them nothing, make them earn every basket, every pass down low. Contest everything. Make them make mistakes. We've got nothing to lose Ladies...That being said, I've got someone here you all know to talk to you...Dak, you got anything?"

Prescott comes out...big smile on his face, the ladies clap and laugh at the sight of their old friend. Dak begins, "Thanks Coach! Welcome to Dallas, Ladies! I feel like you should be talking to me. You've accomplished so much over these past few years, I'm in awe being here with you. I know this, you guys are here for a reason, you're great individuals, athletes, team, and a family. We are part of the Mississippi State family. We don't back down, we don't run, we lift one another, we play for each other. Like Coach Vic said, enjoy this moment, because you've earned it. The entire Mississippi State family is proud of you. Know this, that family is behind you, cheering you on. You've got nothing to lose, play loose, have fun, leave it all on the court. If you do that, its success...for you...your team...and your Family. Have fun Ladies, I'll be out there screaming my head off for you, as will the rest of the Mississippi State family. Its a great day to be a Dawg...go get 'em Ladies!"

Coach pats Dak on the back, "Thanks Dak! And you're right, our entire Family is behind us, rooting us on. Dak, you gonna come back Sunday night and talk to us again, right?" Vic gives him and the team a big grin. "Now let's go win this game Ladies!"

+100

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2017, 05:55 PM
Me: You've bled with Wallace, now bleed with me.

Girls: Who is Wallace?

Me: (facepalming)That's not the point.

Awesome!

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2017, 06:00 PM
You are damn sure earning it. Man up.

Hilarious! Still? You rock man!

Mimi's Babies
03-31-2017, 07:31 PM
Jeremiah 29:11-13New King James Version (NKJV)

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Sending Prayers for a FAIR game and FAIR refs.... #PRAISE the LORD and GO DAWGS.......

WSOPdawg
04-01-2017, 12:15 AM

I'm sure somebody somewhere throughout history has said something similar, but my pre-game pep talk would be...

"Bulldogs! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!
Give them nothing! But take from them everything!
The world will know that free Bulldogs stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed."

Now I gotta go find my shield and spear.

We gave them nothing, but took from them a 111-win streak and their 5-year national championship streak. That's taking everything -- Way to go Dogs!!!

Liverpooldawg
04-01-2017, 12:16 AM
We gave them nothing, but took from them a 111-win streak and their 5-year national championship streak. That's taking everything -- Way to go Dogs!!!

You could see the fear in their eyes going down the stretch.

MagicDawg
04-01-2017, 12:18 AM
Seems appropriate to repeat this now.

"I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you."