PDA

View Full Version : Physic I am...

EngDawg
03-30-2017, 05:54 PM
The Engineer predicts the weather better than the SPC

Our local storm chasers:
Today:" You better look out, Thursday could be pretty rough."
Tomorrow: "Huge potential for tornadoes tomorrow. NAM shows multiple super cells tearing right through the heart of MS all day. Going to be really dangerous. CAPE values off the charts. Stay alert. Going to start off in the delta somewhere and work my way east as the storms progress."
Thursday: "Not really much going on right now. Looks like it's transitioning to more of straight line wind threat. Might be better if we can get some pre-frontal cells to pop up."
Friday: "Why the 17 did I take yesterday off to chase. It was obvious that the limited shear would kill the tornado threat."

BTW, I respect all you guys who study the weather, just wanted to take a little poke at the storm chasers here, because the last couple of times the have gotten worked up over something, it has ended up bust.

ETA: I clearly never learned how to spell to good.
Psychic not physic. Hahaha

Maroon Wizardry
03-30-2017, 06:00 PM
predicting the weather is fairly easy but clearly all the smart people are going into engineering because it pays better.

gravedigger
03-30-2017, 06:02 PM
predicting the weather is fairly easy but clearly all the smart people are going into engineering because it pays better.

Chasing the money is a mistake. Follow your passion.

Maroon Wizardry
03-30-2017, 06:13 PM
sarcasm is an art. support the arts

HereComesTheSpiral
03-30-2017, 06:16 PM
I read the title thinking he had a Physics exam in the morning.

EngDawg
03-30-2017, 06:22 PM
I read the title thinking he had a Physics exam in the morning.

Oops, well that's an engineer for you.

Liverpooldawg
03-30-2017, 07:07 PM
I ain't complaining. If you predict what you did and you are always right then I'm all for it!. I just get the creeps seeing the Chasers get down trodden when there are no tornadoes