PDA

View Full Version : AP Poll of Top 100 men's college basketball teams based on polling

notsofarawaydawg
03-29-2017, 06:57 PM
Mississippi State- 58th
TCUN - 100th

Click here for POLL (http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2017-03-29/ap-releases-top-100-college-basketball-programs-based-poll)

Now, for the first time, the AP is using that data to go past the Top 25 of the moment and ask: what are the top 100 programs of all-time? To determine that, the AP reviewed the weekly polls and counted appearances (1 point) to mark consistency and No. 1 rankings (2 points) to acknowledge elite programs. The results don't factor in national championships because the AP doesn't release a poll after the NCAA Tournament. Still, the teams at the top are a who's who of college basketball royalty.

WSOPdawg
03-29-2017, 07:30 PM
Cool. Somewhat surprising to me are Cincinnati rounding out the top-10 (all-time) and Bama coming in at #30.

Skydawg1
03-29-2017, 08:30 PM
Cool. Somewhat surprising to me are Cincinnati rounding out the top-10 (all-time) and Bama coming in at #30.

Bama was really good under Wimp Sanderson back in the 80's.

RocketDawg
03-29-2017, 08:37 PM
Bama was really good under Wimp Sanderson back in the 80's.

Has it been that long since he was there? Seems like yesterday. I don't really follow basketball all that much, but I've never thought of Bama being a powerhouse. I was surprised that Auburn was so bad though. Waaaaay back when, in the late 50s and 60s, MSU and Vanderbilt were the biggies, or so I've heard. I remember Georgetown and UNLV being pretty strong, probably in the 80s, but they're not high on the list (or at least Georgetown ... didn't notice where UNLV was).

ghostofjackie
03-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Look at all those SEC teams in the top 25.

AROB44
03-30-2017, 12:53 PM
Has it been that long since he was there? Seems like yesterday. I don't really follow basketball all that much, but I've never thought of Bama being a powerhouse. I was surprised that Auburn was so bad though. Waaaaay back when, in the late 50s and 60s, MSU and Vanderbilt were the biggies, or so I've heard. I remember Georgetown and UNLV being pretty strong, probably in the 80s, but they're not high on the list (or at least Georgetown ... didn't notice where UNLV was).

Thought you were there in the 60's. I was and we were damn good. Just didn't go the the NCAA's until 63. Was really stupid!!