PDA

View Full Version : This article goes from serious to hilarious at the end.

Reason2succeed
03-29-2017, 06:46 PM
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19033433/attendance-ncaa-women-basketball-regionals-lowest-20-years

"There's no need to talk about Vegas because we can't host our championship in Vegas," Browne said. "Not sure why that continues to become a discussion point."

Don't play with me mofo. You know why Vegas keeps coming up.

RocketDawg
03-29-2017, 08:27 PM
Sounds like they need to move all the tournament games back to campuses. Women's basketball doesn't seem quite ready for the big time just yet, and probably never will be.

Wonder if the men's games show the same drops at neutral sites.

TaleofTwoDogs
03-29-2017, 09:49 PM
In a state the size of Connecticut, how in the world can you call Bridgeport a neutral site?

WSOPdawg
03-29-2017, 09:55 PM
I wonder if they've ever considered playing MBB and WBB simultaneously at the same regional sites where you'd play 4 games per day to open the regional as opposed to just 2 games? It'd be kinda like a conference tourney with a higher price for the ticket books.

But I'd be against home venues in the Sweet 16 and later.

gtowndawg
03-29-2017, 10:16 PM
I wonder if they've ever considered playing MBB and WBB simultaneously at the same regional sites where you'd play 4 games per day to open the regional as opposed to just 2 games? It'd be kinda like a conference tourney with a higher price for the ticket books.

Interesting idea. It would be like high school basketball. Girls game then boys game.

Reason2succeed
03-30-2017, 12:34 AM

Probably Title IX issues. Two totally different governing bodies between men's and women's. The NCAA has also sold TV rights for men's to CBS (I think) and ESPN for the women. Plus, they would lose money if tix were for both plus and/or there would be an embarrassing drop off in attendance between the men and women's games. Also, you would be playing all the women's games in the morning. No thank you.

LC Dawg
03-30-2017, 08:09 AM
The poor attendance at our regional final is on Baylor. If it had been less than a 6 hour drive for our fans it would have been a lot more people there.
They should consider playing in smaller arenas if they are going to keep the neutral site games. Selling out an NBA arena for a neutral site women's basketball game is an unrealistic goal in most parts of the country.

maroonmania
03-30-2017, 08:20 AM
In a state the size of Connecticut, how in the world can you call Bridgeport a neutral site?

Well apparently this past Tuesday night we didn't even get credit for a road win over Memphis because it was at Autozone Park, a so called "neutral site".