PDA

View Full Version : Self imposing a second bowl ban?

TrapGame
03-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Heard from a distinguished State alum yesterday he's talked to a couple of om lawyer friends saying that om will impose a second bowl ban soon. They are attempting to self inflict enough wounds so the NCAA doesn't come for the full pound of flesh.

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2017, 09:41 AM
That is cute that they think doing this Right Before the hammer drops is going to help them. They haven't done anything yet with all the coaches still on staff that committed the violations and they haven't disassociated any boosters.

maroonmania
03-29-2017, 09:45 AM
Heard from a distinguished State alum yesterday he's talked to a couple of om lawyer friends saying that om will impose a second bowl ban soon. They are attempting to self inflict enough wounds so the NCAA doesn't come for the full pound of flesh.

I am amazed at the lengths OM is going to in order to hopefully save Freeze. Won't really matter once the show cause comes down but for now it looks like they are willing to take a big dose of medicine in hopes of keeping him. At first I just thought they just wanted grounds to get rid of him to make sure they wouldn't have to pay him anything in a settlement but given all of the allegations the University has already agreed with in even the first NOA it seems they would already have more than enough justification for that. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a school offer up a 2 year bowl ban while still retaining the HC involved.

starkvegasdawg
03-29-2017, 09:56 AM
I know if the NCAA imposes a multiyear ban then players can transfer. Can they do that on a self imposed mutliyear or is this an attempt to keep players from leaving?

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2017, 09:57 AM
I am amazed at the lengths OM is going to in order to hopefully save Freeze. Won't really matter once the show cause comes down but for now it looks like they are willing to take a big dose of medicine in hopes of keeping him. At first I just thought they just wanted grounds to get rid of him to make sure they wouldn't have to pay him anything in a settlement but given all of the allegations the University has already agreed with in even the first NOA it seems they would already have more than enough justification for that. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a school offer up a 2 year bowl ban while still retaining the HC involved.

I am conflicted on why they want to keep him so bad. He is a decent coach if he gets that level talent. You don't beat Bama with a bad coach. However, the level of allegations that is just public is enough that a normal coach would have been fired. Of course UNM has kept a lot out of the public so far. Either they think firing Beaver is an admission of guilt and they are going to try to fight it or Beaver has threatened to bring people down with him.

There is another possibility: The Network knows that they won't be able to get even a decent coach to come there and agree to let the Network have the impact in the program going forward. They know that to get recruits to their "beautiful campus", they have to cheat their ass off just to get them to visit. Any coach that wants a future in coaching isn't going to let the atmosphere of Sodom and Gomorrah raining down on recruits with hookers and cash keep on in the future. Beaver sold his soul for his "Dream job" and they know no one else will after this.

lamont
03-29-2017, 10:06 AM
That is cute that they think doing this Right Before the hammer drops is going to help them. They haven't done anything yet with all the coaches still on staff that committed the violations and they haven't disassociated any boosters.

They have disassociated at least 8 boosters. That's a huge amount and shows an extreme level of cheating

GTHOM
03-29-2017, 10:07 AM
I am conflicted on why they want to keep him so bad. He is a decent coach if he gets that level talent. You don't beat Bama with a bad coach. However, the level of allegations that is just public is enough that a normal coach would have been fired. Of course UNM has kept a lot out of the public so far. Either they think firing Beaver is an admission of guilt and they are going to try to fight it or Beaver has threatened to bring people down with him.

There is another possibility: The Network knows that they won't be able to get even a decent coach to come there and agree to let the Network have the impact in the program going forward. They know that to get recruits to their "beautiful campus", they have to cheat their ass off just to get them to visit. Any coach that wants a future in coaching isn't going to let the atmosphere of Sodom and Gomorrah raining down on recruits with hookers and cash keep on in the future. Beaver sold his soul for his "Dream job" and they know no one else will after this.

You can beat Bama early on in the season with 6 turnovers and the fluke play of the season though. Also you can beat them when they have Lane Kiffin calling plays deciding not to run a future Heisman winner while he's averaging 5 ypc.

Jack Lambert
03-29-2017, 10:08 AM

I wonder if Ole Miss does it and not the NCAA will that keep players from being able to transfer?

maroonmania
03-29-2017, 10:10 AM
Either they think firing Beaver is an admission of guilt

Hasn't the university already agreed with the vast majority of allegations in the first NOA? I believe they are contesting one or two and maybe the level of one or two but there are a bunch of allegations in there that they are not contesting in any way. Seems they have already admitted a lot of guilt.

lamont
03-29-2017, 10:13 AM
I wonder if Ole Miss does it and not the NCAA will that keep players from being able to transfer?

The players can transfer.

If this is being done- this is just the OM Brass slowly giving the NCAA more and more until they finally accept what OM offers up. It's called negotiations. Start low and see where things end up. Obviously the NCAA laughed at one year

louisvilledawg
03-29-2017, 10:36 AM

Simple. He knows where the bodies are buried.

spbdawg
03-29-2017, 10:55 AM
#

DancingRabbit
03-29-2017, 11:00 AM
No disrespect to the OP or his source, but this smells like fake news to me.

I can't see this happening prior to them landing in Naptown.

bulldogcountry1
03-29-2017, 11:13 AM

Yeah. Freeze can do much more damage than anyone involved. There's no other explanation for him still being on the payroll.

TrapGame
03-29-2017, 11:30 AM
No disrespect to the OP or his source, but this smells like fake news to me.

I can't see this happening prior to them landing in Naptown.

Could be DR. He said his om buddies are about to lose their religion over this stuff. They know it's going to be program changing in a very bad way. He said one of his om buddies is a big sunshine pumper but now that sun has set. He's doom and gloom now.

Reason2succeed
03-29-2017, 11:42 AM
What's a two year bowl ban when you are staring down the barrel of a two year death penalty?!?

TrapGame
03-29-2017, 11:46 AM
What's a two year bowl ban when you are staring down the barrel of a two year death penalty?!?

Desperation. OM is a man on his death bed trying to make a deal with God for a few more years. Ain't gonna happen. The end is near.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-29-2017, 11:48 AM
3-5 Year Bowl Ban, 30-45 Schollys and 5 year Show Cause .... going by matrix on first NOA.

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2017, 12:27 PM
3-5 Year Bowl Ban, 30-45 Schollys and 5 year Show Cause .... going by matrix on first NOA.

This would be glorious with the 2nd NOA to follow.

MedDawg
03-29-2017, 12:33 PM
They have disassociated at least 8 boosters. That's a huge amount and shows an extreme level of cheating

Have they? One of the obvious ones is still sponsoring/advertising on the Rebel Yell radio show.

Uncivilengineer
03-29-2017, 12:53 PM
Coach beav frezzuz is playing hardball with Ole Miss. He knows all and will talk if they fire him. This is the most logical explation. Occam's Razor.....

spbdawg
03-29-2017, 01:44 PM
#

Reason2succeed
03-29-2017, 01:50 PM
When this case goes to the COI, the Committee will have two options: a) hang UM with 3-6 schollies lost for each of the 49 Level I Violations (please do the math here) per the Enforcement Matrix or b) ignore the new Enforcement Matrix that dozens/hundreds spent thousands of man-hours creating AND hang UM with more modest penalties thereby shitting on the new policy during its first major test as a policy.

Neither option is good. Option A could hang UM with up to 300 scholarships lost which would penalize UM's student athletes for multiple decades and a 15-20 year long penalty is a little much. Option B makes the organization look ineffective and stupid AND it craps on the investment of its members when this matrix was being formulated.

As someone else mentioned 2-3 weeks ago, I believe the Enforcement Staff is building the DP case right now to give the COI Option C thus avoiding the stress of A or B.

Exactly! This is why I've been saying DP for over a year. The NCAA can't afford to let OM skate but if they apply their penalty matrix it's actually worse than a DP.

WSOPdawg
03-29-2017, 02:01 PM
This case involves three sports.....there really can't be negotiations and plea bargains. It's going to the jury later this year.

Nope, two of the three sports (WBB & track) have already been penalized. The current case is primarily football only aside from the LOIC as that definitely bleeds into the athletic department covering all three sports (but I know what you meant).

With 21 Level I's listed but the quantity pushing 100+ occurrences, it will be interesting to see how the NCAA administers penalties per their rules matrix. All of college athletics is interested in seeing this unfold.

WSOPdawg
03-29-2017, 02:06 PM
Exactly! This is why I've been saying DP for over a year. The NCAA can't afford to let OM skate but if they apply their penalty matrix it's actually worse than a DP.

Saying this with a sh!t-eating grin on my face: "They going down!!! For a long time!!!"

Mobile Bay
03-29-2017, 02:13 PM
When this case goes to the COI, the Committee will have two options: a) hang UM with 3-6 schollies lost for each of the 49 Level I Violations (please do the math here) per the Enforcement Matrix or b) ignore the new Enforcement Matrix that dozens/hundreds spent thousands of man-hours creating AND hang UM with more modest penalties thereby shitting on the new policy during its first major test as a policy.

Neither option is good. Option A could hang UM with up to 300 scholarships lost which would penalize UM's student athletes for multiple decades and a 15-20 year long penalty is a little much. Option B makes the organization look ineffective and stupid AND it craps on the investment of its members when this matrix was being formulated.

As someone else mentioned 2-3 weeks ago, I believe the Enforcement Staff is building the DP case right now to give the COI Option C thus avoiding the stress of A or B.

I for one am 100% OK with the idea of 300 scholarships lost over 20 years.

TrapGame
03-29-2017, 02:22 PM
I for one am 100% OK with the idea of 300 scholarships lost over 20 years.

May be they'll give OM the option of a two year death penalty or suffering through five years of matrix penalties. Two year DP might be considered merciful.

spbdawg
03-29-2017, 02:22 PM
#

Boodawg
03-29-2017, 02:29 PM
I guess they'd just have to pay walk-ons to come play for them.

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2017, 03:19 PM
I guess they'd just have to pay walk-ons to come play for them.

And this would 100% happen. They would have walkons that would probably go to USM or Memphis normally to play in the SEC and the "beautiful campus". They would still be bottom of the barrel in the SEC but would keep them afloat until they could open the checkbook again.

RocketDawg
03-29-2017, 03:43 PM
And this would 100% happen. They would have walkons that would probably go to USM or Memphis normally to play in the SEC and the "beautiful campus". They would still be bottom of the barrel in the SEC but would keep them afloat until they could open the checkbook again.

But who's going to walk on at Ole Miss (and pay their own tuition, fees, room & board, etc.) when they can get a full ride at Memphis or equivalent? Memphis isn't so bad that most football players would pay what's probably in excess of $100K to go to Ole Miss. And Ole Miss isn't that good. As Boo said, they'd have to pay the walk-ons, and pay them pretty well.

Jack Lambert
03-29-2017, 03:53 PM
I am sure the Net Work is trying to find out who to buy off at the NCAA. They probably have millions of dollars and thousand of wives to give for the cause.

BossDawg
03-29-2017, 04:29 PM

^^^^^

WSOPdawg
03-29-2017, 04:33 PM
I am sure the Net Work is trying to find out who to buy off at the NCAA. They probably have millions of dollars and thousand of wives to give for the cause.

Or digging up dirt and trying to uncover closet skeletons for blackmail purposes.

Bully13
03-29-2017, 04:52 PM

If this is true, Bjork has received some information from indy that they are in serious trouble. There's just no other conclusion that one could come to. They are starting to assume the position.

BiscuitEater
03-29-2017, 04:56 PM

Or, quite simply .. the network knows that Bucky will turn a 'blind eye' when needed and assist with 'hepping' them bend the rules.

WSOPdawg
03-29-2017, 05:37 PM
If this is being done- this is just the OM Brass slowly giving the NCAA more and more until they finally accept what OM offers up. It's called negotiations. Start low and see where things end up. Obviously the NCAA laughed at one year

If this is true, Bjork has received some information from indy that they are in serious trouble. There's just no other conclusion that one could come to. They are starting to assume the position.

Bdork & Vitter & Freeze knew when they made the Feb 22 video citing LOIC being levied by the NCAA and that's why Bdork specifically mentioned remaining "...a valued member of the Southeastern Conference..."

Very few people are focusing on this statement (but it was made for a reason) because conference removal just does not happen, but also what just does not happen is 21 Level I's occurring on approximately 100 occasions. The DP is seriously being considered, TCUN knows it and if they are unable to contribute to the SEC financially, they become irrelevant and nothing more than a moocher.

RocketDawg
03-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Bdork & Vitter & Freeze knew when they made the Feb 22 video citing LOIC being levied by the NCAA and that's why Bdork specifically mentioned remaining "...a valued member of the Southeastern Conference..."

Very few people are focusing on this statement (but it was made for a reason) because conference removal just does not happen, but also what just does not happen is 21 Level I's occurring on approximately 100 occasions. The DP is seriously being considered, TCUN knows it and if they are unable to contribute to the SEC financially, they become irrelevant and nothing more than a moocher.

Has any school ever been kicked out of a conference? Not that I know of. Some conferences have folded, and other schools have voluntarily left for one reason or the other, but I've never heard of one being ejected. Maybe this'll be a first.

Hot Rock
03-29-2017, 06:31 PM
I will not see the day that Ole Miss is out of the SEC, won't happen. Bowl bans, etc.. sure... Out? No freakin' way.

I would be having a bit of fun with my late wife right about now though. She was a diehard Rebel, since her brother played there.

Mimi's Babies
03-29-2017, 06:43 PM

I notice on a forum (for that other school) that one of the so called disassociated boosters is still advertising his business on a OM forum page.... Does this not count as not another NOA issue?

Is the list of these boosters public now?:confused:

Mobile Bay
03-29-2017, 06:48 PM
If TCUSN gets ejected from the conference, then goodbye egg bowl, and good bye having as much fun beating anybody else for the rest of our lives.

msbulldog
03-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Actually Mississippi being on probation would benefit monetarily the SEC members. During the period of probation 100% of Mississippi's share will be withheld, at the end of the probation Mississippi would receive 50% back at the end of their probation. In this circumstance, I don't how this money is distributed. Does the money get distributed by the normal SEC formula, 16 shares, 2 shares to the SEC conference and 1 share to each member. It could be 2 shares to to the SEC and the rest to 13 members since Mississippi would be left out.

Basically it possibly boils down to MSU might be getting some of Mississippi's money.

The jewel of this situation is cash flow damage, Mississippi could lose on average about $40M to their athletic budget for maybe 5 years. Mississippi has a very small athletic budget (like ours compared to other SEC members).
The damage this would create would be far worse than 40 schollies lost over 3 years.

Mimi's Babies
03-29-2017, 06:58 PM

My understanding,
IF a recruit received "GOODS" from the school that player WILL NOT be allowed to transfer.....
IF they have played even one down they cannot transfer and not sit out a year.
If the recruit is "CLEAN", which I doubt there is, then that recruit should be able to transfer.

IF THE RECRUIT LIED TO THE NCAA..... that recruit should NOT play ball anywhere..... (how many recruits falls in this category)

JUST GUESSING/THINKING OUT LOUD:
OM has 90 days to respond to the NCAA NOA.... they may have received it on February 14, 2017..... so from 2/14/2017 we are looking at May 2017, for the OM rebuttal.
Then the NCAA has 60 days after that to rebuttal..... Om and their mess..... (So looks like July/August 2017) before we know anything.....

Mimi's Babies
03-29-2017, 07:00 PM
Saying this with a sh!t-eating grin on my face: "They going down!!! For a long time!!!"

Has any heard about the OM basketball may be involved also????

WSOPdawg
03-29-2017, 07:18 PM
My understanding,
IF a recruit received "GOODS" from the school that player WILL NOT be allowed to transfer.....
IF they have played even one down they cannot transfer and not sit out a year.
If the recruit is "CLEAN", which I doubt there is, then that recruit should be able to transfer.

IF THE RECRUIT LIED TO THE NCAA..... that recruit should NOT play ball anywhere..... (how many recruits falls in this category)

JUST GUESSING/THINKING OUT LOUD:
OM has 90 days to respond to the NCAA NOA.... they may have received it on February 14, 2017..... so from 2/14/2017 we are looking at May 2017, for the OM rebuttal.
Then the NCAA has 60 days after that to rebuttal..... Om and their mess..... (So looks like July/August 2017) before we know anything.....

The video and script was not pulled together over night and may have taken longer than a week to pull it all together once the NOA was received.

I still think TCUN came into possession of the NOA around mid-to-late January, which coincides with all the coaches leaving the program prior to signing day (something that's just not heard of). Seeing as how they have done nothing but lie and lie repeatedly throughout this process, why would one believe they received the NOA on Feb 22? They may have already been on the 90-day clock for a month, in which case I'd look for mid-April (tax day) for their response to the NCAA.

lamont
03-29-2017, 07:30 PM
Dont forget that OM is likely to use that 30 day extension to make it 120 days before responding to the COI

WSOPdawg
03-29-2017, 07:36 PM
Dont forget that OM is likely to use that 30 day extension to make it 120 days before responding to the COI

If I was the NCAA, TCUN would not get another minute past 8:00am on day 121 then to "tell their story."

msbulldog
03-29-2017, 07:42 PM
The video and script was not pulled together over night and may have taken longer than a week to pull it all together once the NOA was received.

I still think TCUN came into possession of the NOA around mid-to-late January, which coincides with all the coaches leaving the program prior to signing day (something that's just not heard of). Seeing as how they have done nothing but lie and lie repeatedly throughout this process, why would one believe they received the NOA on Feb 22? They may have already been on the 90-day clock for a month, in which case I'd look for mid-April (tax day) for their response to the NCAA.

Your right.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WSOPdawg again.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-29-2017, 08:00 PM
You can beat Bama early on in the season with 6 turnovers and the fluke play of the season though. Also you can beat them when they have Lane Kiffin calling plays deciding not to run a future Heisman winner while he's averaging 5 ypc.

THIS^^ and freaking Cooper Bateman starting.

Todd4State
03-29-2017, 08:03 PM
If TCUSN gets ejected from the conference, then goodbye egg bowl, and good bye having as much fun beating anybody else for the rest of our lives.

Small price to pay. Ole Miss out of the SEC is in MSU's best interests.

RocketDawg
03-29-2017, 08:11 PM

Did they ever say when they received it? I don't think they did, even a vague date (such as last week, or a couple of weeks ago). If that assumption is true, then you can't really accuse them of lieing about when they received it.

Mimi's Babies
03-29-2017, 08:38 PM
I think we should have "SET THE CLOCK" at the top of the page to start ADDING the hours until OM post the NOA..... haha

OM is in this mess really deep..... ????? How low will they go????

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-29-2017, 08:59 PM

This is not true. They are ready to tell their side of the story*

DancingRabbit
03-29-2017, 09:07 PM
Did they ever say when they received it? I don't think they did, even a vague date (such as last week, or a couple of weeks ago). If that assumption is true, then you can't really accuse them of lieing about when they received it.

From the hostage video:

We announce today that the NCAA enforcement staff's investigation of football has now concluded, and that earlier today, our outside legal counsel received the university's Notice of Allegations dealing with the football program. Throughout the more than four-year investigation, the University of Mississippi has been committed to seeking the truth.

They would lie if you asked them what they had for breakfast.

Boodawg
03-29-2017, 09:23 PM

I agree totally. It would mean better recruiting/players/etc.

Reason2succeed
03-29-2017, 09:27 PM

You do realize that we play teams outside of our conference right? We played USM a few year back. Some of the teams in the SEC have a non-conference rivalry game: Georgia, Florida, SCar, and U.K. There could still be an Egg Bowl after OM gets ditched.

WSOPdawg
03-29-2017, 09:35 PM

Well lets review the opening of the video from Chancellor Jeff Vittor:

Good afternoon. (a lie because they're about to announce an LOIC charge from the NCAA so how can it be a "good" afternoon?)

I’m Ole Miss Chancellor Jeff Vitter and I’m here with Vice Chancellor for Intercollegiate Athletics Ross Bjork and Head Football Coach Hugh Freeze. We’re here today to update you — the Ole Miss family — about the NCAA case. (truth via vaguely informing the family)

Today, we want to share with you as much information as we possibly can at this point in the process. (a lie because releasing the NOA would be sharing "as much information as possible")

As you will remember, in January of last year the University of Mississippi received a Notice of Allegations involving three sports — women’s basketball, track and field, and football — following an investigation that began in 2012. However, after potential new football allegations surfaced during the NFL Draft last April, the NCAA enforcement staff re- opened the investigation, and in June 2016 the NCAA Committee on Infractions separated the 13 football-related allegations in the original Notice from those related to women’s basketball and track and field. The university’s case involving the latter two programs concluded in October 2016 with the Committee on Infractions’ decision, which was publicly released at that time. (truth)

We announce today that the NCAA enforcement staff’s investigation of football has now concluded, and that earlier today, our outside legal counsel received the university’s Notice of Allegations dealing with the football program. (several lies because (1)haven't we discussed interviews still ongoing hence the investigation, much to the TCUN's chagrin, is still ongoing, and (2) the NOA being received by outside legal counsel today (on February 22, 2017) does not time-stamp the actual receipt of the NOA, much less allow for the production of the video response)

Throughout the more than four-year investigation, the University of Mississippi has been committed to seeking the truth. (omg, this is a make-me-puke lie)

While we vigorously disagree with some key allegations, and while we have had our differences on occasion with the NCAA about how the investigative process, I want to thank everyone involved — here and at the NCAA — for working with us to bring this phase of the process to an end. (lie because you know they have serious contempt for the NCAA)

I’m now going to ask our athletics director Ross Bjork to outline for you the Notice of Allegations as well as some of the next steps in the process. (truth)

- END VITTOR TRANSCRIPT -

So that's 11 statements made by Vittor and I count 6 lies just in the opening stanza of the video. But the key is Vittor announcing that the NOA was received by outside legal counsel on February 22 (the same day as the video response was drafted???).

WSOPdawg
03-29-2017, 09:39 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Todd4State again.

Bully13
03-29-2017, 09:40 PM
This thread is much better than listening to people who say it's better for both programs when both are doing well.

17 the shit birds.

KB549
03-29-2017, 10:19 PM
Pay close attention to the wording.

What he said was outside counsel received the video today (feb 22). The NCAA probably didn't send it straight to their outside counsel. The NCAA most likely sent it to Oxford. They then, at some point, sent it to outside counsel (days, weeks, or even a month later). The video could have also been made weeks before Feb 22nd Outside counsel may have had it since late Jan or early Feb and his statement wouldn't have technically been a lie if they sent it the same day as the video was made. Hugh says there were no untruthful statements. Only "mistakes were said."

Todd4State
03-29-2017, 11:12 PM
You do realize that we play teams outside of our conference right? We played USM a few year back. Some of the teams in the SEC have a non-conference rivalry game: Georgia, Florida, SCar, and U.K. There could still be an Egg Bowl after OM gets ditched.

You are correct. However in the event that Ole Miss gets kicked out of the SEC I think there will be a lot of hard feelings as there are many that exist right now already. I do think that would cause the Egg Bowl to not be played for awhile. Especially with Ole Miss knowing that we would likely destroy their ass for several years in a row.

I imagine that if Ole Miss left the SEC they would most likely end up in the AAC and basically be in the same situation as USM and who knows what happens to the Egg Bowl then? I think being out of the SEC plus us possibly playing USM would force them back into the rivalry.

Todd4State
03-29-2017, 11:14 PM
I agree totally. It would mean better recruiting/players/etc.

And it wouldn't be just football- being out of the SEC would hurt their baseball and basketball programs as well.

JoseBrown
03-30-2017, 12:56 AM
Coach beav frezzuz is playing hardball with Ole Miss. He knows all and will talk if they fire him. This is the most logical explation. Occam's Razor.....

And it wouldn't be just football- being out of the SEC would hurt their baseball and basketball programs as well.

My question is this-- When the shitbirds get kicked out of the SEC, will LSU become OUR real rival?

Political Hack
03-30-2017, 06:45 AM
If Ole Miss is going to impose a 2nd bowl ban, they'll do it right before kickoff to minimize players transferring. They're essentially trapping their players by messing with these timelines. They know it's coming though, so they can at least control when it's handed down if they do it themselves. Smart move really. Lose way fewer players that way.

Bully13
03-30-2017, 07:05 AM
If Ole Miss is going to impose a 2nd bowl ban, they'll do it right before kickoff to minimize players transferring. They're essentially trapping their players by messing with these timelines. They know it's coming though, so they can at least control when it's handed down if they do it themselves. Smart move really. Lose way fewer players that way.

Yancey even agrees with this

Spiderman
03-30-2017, 07:13 AM

I have no idea if Ole Miss is thinking of self imposing anything or not.

However, I have reported from the start that the plan was to save Freeze, mainly by having boosters and others take the fall.

The way things have turned lately, I figured plans would change. Doesn't look like it.

The powers that be there have decided to be willing to kill Ole Miss to save Hugh. Never seen anything like it.

Freeze must really be a messianic type cult leader who has them under his spell

Spiderman
03-30-2017, 07:28 AM
I notice on a forum (for that other school) that one of the so called disassociated boosters is still advertising his business on a OM forum page.... Does this not count as not another NOA issue?

Is the list of these boosters public now?:confused:

No, just can't donate to the school. I've also said all along that being disassociated doesn't mean shit. They still funnel the money to the school through others.

They also wear the "Disassociated Booster" like a badge of honor. Swaggering from one tailgate to another knowing when they leave everybody will whisper he's the guy that got us Player X.

Hell, the people at the tailgates love to have him come by just so they can brag Mr. Bigshot Booster comes by their tailgate.

Political Hack
03-30-2017, 07:36 AM
No, just can't donate to the school. I've also said all along that being disassociated doesn't mean shit. They still funnel the money to the school through others.

They also wear the "Disassociated Booster" like a badge of honor. Swaggering from one tailgate to another knowing when they leave everybody will whisper he's the guy that got us Player X.

Hell, the people at the tailgates love to have him come by just so they can brag Mr. Bigshot Booster comes by their tailgate.

I'd like a map of these tailgates when you have a moment.

starkvegasdawg
03-30-2017, 07:41 AM

I know they don't give a wet fart about those kids, but if the players realize they got manipulated to keep from being able to transfer, who else thinks they just lay down the entire season with their give a damn busted?

WSOPdawg
03-30-2017, 07:50 AM

I know they don't give a wet fart about those kids, but if the players realize they got manipulated to keep from being able to transfer, who else thinks they just lay down the entire season with their give a damn busted?

And that's another reason why they're gonna get hammered -- because they continue to manipulate the lives of these student=athletes and their families. The front page of the NCAA's website contains the following regarding the NCAA's priorities:

FAIRNESS
All college athletes deserve a fair shot. We focus on respect, integrity and responsibility, both on and off the field, so that college sports prepare student-athletes for life.

The TCUN way of doing business runs directly counter to this statement.

Martianlander
03-30-2017, 07:54 AM
I have no idea if Ole Miss is thinking of self imposing anything or not.

However, I have reported from the start that the plan was to save Freeze, mainly by having boosters and others take the fall.

The way things have turned lately, I figured plans would change. Doesn't look like it.

The powers that be there have decided to be willing to kill Ole Miss to save Hugh. Never seen anything like it.

Freeze must really be a messianic type cult leader who has them under his spell

Agreed, but with a nice haircut.

Spiderman
03-30-2017, 09:07 AM

You can come to mine in Starkville and I'll show you a former disassociated booster a few tents down who loves the notoriety.

Or join the 120 Club and meet a couple more

LockeDawg
03-30-2017, 09:25 AM

I still think TCUN came into possession of the NOA around mid-to-late January, which coincides with all the coaches leaving the program prior to signing day (something that's just not heard of). Seeing as how they have done nothing but lie and lie repeatedly throughout this process, why would one believe they received the NOA on Feb 22? They may have already been on the 90-day clock for a month, in which case I'd look for mid-April (tax day) for their response to the NCAA.This!

OM received the NOA weeks before they produced their video. OleMiss, and more importantly their legal team had to digest the NOA and the repercussions in it's allegations. Then they had to sift out the hot topics of the NOA and script a response that they wanted to go public with. It took a few weeks to get that video to air time and OM did NOT produce that video without their legal team vetting every tiny detail and how it would affect the case on a go forward basis. They have mid to late April to respond JMO.

Tbonewannabe
03-30-2017, 10:14 AM
This!

OM received the NOA weeks before they produced their video. OleMiss, and more importantly their legal team had to digest the NOA and the repercussions in it's allegations. Then they had to sift out the hot topics of the NOA and script a response that they wanted to go public with. It took a few weeks to get that video to air time and OM did NOT produce that video without their legal team vetting every tiny detail and how it would affect the case on a go forward basis. They have mid to late April to respond JMO.

You can tell they were very careful in their wording in the video. They left things as vague as they could.

msbulldog
03-30-2017, 12:20 PM

If it were me my give a damn would definitely be busted.

Mimi's Babies
03-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Driven by Cannon Motors........ ugh

https://www.facebook.com/OMRebelNation/

blacklistedbully
03-30-2017, 05:02 PM

:cool:

Mimi's Babies
03-30-2017, 05:04 PM

IF the boosters are donating money to the NETWORK..... HOW are they using an OM 501(c)3 (non-profit) as a tax deduction??????/ Maybe the IRS needs to investigate the mess at OM also....

blacklistedbully
03-30-2017, 05:18 PM
I was also thinking UNM would drop our series if they were booted from the SEC and getting their ass handed to them every year, instead of every other year. They care far too much about their all-time records...especially vs us. Sure, they like to claim they don't care much, but we all know its a lie. I could easily see them preferring to cancel the series so that they don't lose their all-time edge.

Look at how they dropped USM from their schedule after USM beat them 4 out of 5 in the 80's.

msujan
03-30-2017, 05:30 PM
Actually Mississippi being on probation would benefit monetarily the SEC members. During the period of probation 100% of Mississippi's share will be withheld, at the end of the probation Mississippi would receive 50% back at the end of their probation. In this circumstance, I don't how this money is distributed. Does the money get distributed by the normal SEC formula, 16 shares, 2 shares to the SEC conference and 1 share to each member. It could be 2 shares to to the SEC and the rest to 13 members since Mississippi would be left out.

Basically it possibly boils down to MSU might be getting some of Mississippi's money.

The jewel of this situation is cash flow damage, Mississippi could lose on average about $40M to their athletic budget for maybe 5 years. Mississippi has a very small athletic budget (like ours compared to other SEC members).
The damage this would create would be far worse than 40 schollies lost over 3 years.

I don't think money's the issue. Dickie's out.

Mimi's Babies
03-30-2017, 05:33 PM

Dickie's a small fry is this hot oil...... much more money than his.....

Todd4State
03-30-2017, 05:39 PM
I was also thinking UNM would drop our series if they were booted from the SEC and getting their ass handed to them every year, instead of every other year. They care fat too much about their all-time records...especially yo us. Sure, they like to claim they don't care much, but we all know its a lie. I could easily see them preferring to cancel the series so that the don't lose their all-time edge.

Look at how they dropped USM from their schedule after USM beat them 4 out of 5 in the 80's.

Yep. That's basically the last thread that they have to hold on to.

WSOPdawg
03-30-2017, 05:40 PM
This!

Very well said, Locke.

blacklistedbully
03-30-2017, 06:50 PM
Yep. That's basically the last thread that they have to hold on to.

They had played USM 18 years in-a-row, 13 of which they made USM go to Oxford, 4 in Jackson, and just once in Hattiesburg. Over that last 5 years the played twice in Oxford, 3 times in Jackson, never in Hattiesburg. With all that going in their favor, USM whipped them anyway 4 of last 5, so UNM "took their football and went home" like the pussies they are.

Reason # 100 I can't stand those prissy, cowardly little ****wads.

msbulldog
03-30-2017, 06:53 PM

40M loss to a 90M athletic budget is about a 45% hit. I don't know about Dickie's loyalty, but an additional 40M contribution to what he's already contributing is a big jump. I don't know, but that probably is chicken feed to him. Then again maybe the NCAA has their eyes on him?

Dawgowar
03-30-2017, 07:30 PM
The NCAA can eliminate the athletic department's ability to receive any booster dollars. Just a thought.
A second or third year of tv being lost is a level of pain they will not willingly go along with. They become an even bigger punchline on the recruiting trail. I think they end up with at least two years off the tube but it won't be because they volunteered for it.
They can offer what they want but the timeline of the NCAA investigation has moved past a collaborative self-penalty phase. In this investigative process guilt has already been determined. There is room for responses/severity, but guilt has been settled procedurally. UNM may get some play open the older Level I's but those remain 'Academic Fraud' (- and UNC's 3000 students taking a fake course was downgraded to 'Inducement'.)

Anything they self impose is strictly to give false hope to the fanbase. The NCAA will surely accept their 11 scholarships and 1 year ban but they will add to it. Self-imposing helps the 'Us VS the World, we got hosed' mantra they will be spouting when the hammer drops.

I am fine with the pace at which this is unfolding. It is setting the table for some enjoyable afternoons.

Perhaps UNC gets hung before the UNM announcement. Panic will set in like you have never seen.

The day their own penalties get read, gonna be like watching those youtube vids of fat anxiety prone crybabies melting down on that slingshot ride. Only the ride isn't going to be over anytime soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR609lhooC8

Bubb Rubb
03-31-2017, 08:29 AM
The NCAA can eliminate the athletic department's ability to receive any booster dollars. Just a thought.
A second or third year of tv being lost is a level of pain they will not willingly go along with. They become an even bigger punchline on the recruiting trail. I think they end up with at least two years off the tube but it won't be because they volunteered for it.
They can offer what they want but the timeline of the NCAA investigation has moved past a collaborative self-penalty phase. In this investigative process guilt has already been determined. There is room for responses/severity, but guilt has been settled procedurally. UNM may get some play open the older Level I's but those remain 'Academic Fraud' (- and UNC's 3000 students taking a fake course was downgraded to 'Inducement'.)

Anything they self impose is strictly to give false hope to the fanbase. The NCAA will surely accept their 11 scholarships and 1 year ban but they will add to it. Self-imposing helps the 'Us VS the World, we got hosed' mantra they will be spouting when the hammer drops.

I am fine with the pace at which this is unfolding. It is setting the table for some enjoyable afternoons.

Perhaps UNC gets hung before the UNM announcement. Panic will set in like you have never seen.

The day their own penalties get read, gonna be like watching those youtube vids of fat anxiety prone crybabies melting down on that slingshot ride. Only the ride isn't going to be over anytime soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR609lhooC8

I don't believe we will see any TV bans as part of it. There may be some changes to how revenue is distributed, but do you really think when the big dogs play Ole Miss it won't be on TV?

smootness
03-31-2017, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I don't see a TV ban being feasible. It punishes the other teams in the conference.

starkvegasdawg
03-31-2017, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I don't see a TV ban being feasible. It punishes the other teams in the conference.

They'll just make all of their games the 11:00am SECN game.

Reason2succeed
03-31-2017, 08:53 AM
If they are going to be banned from TV they will just get a DP and allow the other team to schedule someone else in their place for a couple years.

The fact that the cheating was not confined to football means that the SEC doesn't have to have any remorse when they boot their entire athletic program if they choose to.

Either way it goes OM will either be crippled for the next 10 years or the NCAA is about to lose all credibility and any semblance of control.

Mjoelner34
03-31-2017, 08:56 AM
I agree. I don't think there will be a tv ban. How about no home games? Could you imagine traveling to Starkville, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Auburn, College Station and Fayetteville every year while down 30 to 40 schollys?

Tbonewannabe
03-31-2017, 08:59 AM
If they are going to be banned from TV they will just get a DP and allow the other team to schedule someone else in their place for a couple years.

The fact that the cheating was not confined to football means that the SEC doesn't have to have any remorse when they boot their entire athletic program if they choose to.

Either way it goes OM will either be crippled for the next 10 years or the NCAA is about to lose all credibility and any semblance of control.

It will be interesting how the SEC looks at it. If they could boot UNM and expand the market with maybe NC State then it would be a smart business move to do it. Do the rest of the SEC members really have it in them to be that ruthless? I am sure there would be all kinds of political pressure for MSU to vote to keep them in the SEC if a vote came up. With UNM recognition and facilities, I don't see them dropping down to the AAC or anything like that. They would probably just move to the Big 12 because the Big 12 would want to expand their market into SEC territory.

TrapGame
03-31-2017, 09:37 AM
I agree. I don't think there will be a tv ban. How about no home games? Could you imagine traveling to Starkville, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Auburn, College Station and Fayetteville every year while down 30 to 40 schollys?

And with a head coach that probably makes Croom look like Nick Saban.

lamont
03-31-2017, 09:41 AM
Hell- making them play all 11am games would be a harsh penalty in itself

1bigdawg
03-31-2017, 09:44 AM
It will be interesting how the SEC looks at it. If they could boot UNM and expand the market with maybe NC State then it would be a smart business move to do it. Do the rest of the SEC members really have it in them to be that ruthless? I am sure there would be all kinds of political pressure for MSU to vote to keep them in the SEC if a vote came up. With UNM recognition and facilities, I don't see them dropping down to the AAC or anything like that. They would probably just move to the Big 12 because the Big 12 would want to expand their market into SEC territory.

The big 12 would take Memphis before a tainted UNM.

32 Dive
03-31-2017, 09:52 AM
They'll just make all of their games the 11:00am SECN+ game.

FIFY #RebsStreamOnly

WSOPdawg
03-31-2017, 10:15 AM

Yep, the 21 Level I's committed many times over ensures either of these two outcomes, there can be no other "slap-on-the-wrist" type of punishment, and we all know they NCAA is gonna want to remain relevant. TCUN is so 17'd and the best part is they did it to themselves by not stopping.

Reason2succeed
03-31-2017, 10:15 AM
The big 12 would take Memphis before a tainted UNM.

You forgot these ***. As much as I love to rag on the Rebs they are superior sports program to Memphis or any of the other teams that were trying to get into the Big 12. That's why the SEC need not have remorse for booting them. They will be picked up like a cheap hooker on a busy street.

Tbonewannabe
03-31-2017, 10:21 AM
You forgot these ***. As much as I love to rag on the Rebs they are superior sports program to Memphis or any of the other teams that were trying to get into the Big 12. That's why the SEC need not have remorse for booting them. They will be picked up like a cheap hooker on a busy street.

Yep, just on facilities alone they are better than Memphis. Hell, UNM name recognition is better than ours. When I lived in California about 15 years ago wearing my MSU stuff, I would have people ask if I went to Miss Ole' or whatever. They hands down do a better job on public relations/Marketing than we do. Although now it is going to be their name synonymous with SMU. Shit can't get here fast enough.

blacklistedbully
03-31-2017, 11:04 AM

UNM out of the SEC would be hot garbage. You think there is any way they would get the recruits they get as an SEC member if they were in the B12...especially if they aren't allowed to blatantly cheat?

This is not like TAMU and Mizzou coming to the SEC. Playing in the SEC is the pinnacle. No way kids in and around UNM would choose to play in the B12 over an SEC school.

And keep in mind, they haven't been much in any sport for a long time. They've had a little bit of recent baseball success due to our collapse under Polk 2, but now that we're moving back into our rightful place, they won't be a huge factor there.

They've never been particularly good at basketball, and their football success since segregation has been built on a foundation of cheating. Once busted, they are going to suck even worse.

Reason2succeed
03-31-2017, 11:16 AM
UNM out of the SEC would be hot garbage. You think there is any way they would get the recruits they get as an SEC member if they were in the B12...especially if they aren't allowed to blatantly cheat?

This is not like TAMU and Mizzou coming to the SEC. Playing in the SEC is the pinnacle. No way kids in and around UNM would choose to play in the B12 over an SEC school.

And keep in mind, they haven't been much in any sport for a long time. They've had a little bit of recent baseball success due to our collapse under Polk 2, but now that we're moving back into a rightful place, they won't be a huge factor there.

They've never been particularly good at basketball, and their football success since segregation has been built on a foundation of cheating. Once busted, they are going to suck even worse.

I agree but you are comparing them to us. I'm comparing them to Memphis and the other teams that were jockeying for a spot in the Big 12. And I'm not saying they are going to continue to be relevant in football but at least they would "win the party" in the Big 12.***

sandwolf
03-31-2017, 11:21 AM
I agree but you are comparing them to us. I'm comparing them to Memphis and the other teams that were jockeying for a spot in the Big 12. And I'm not saying they are going to continue to be relevant in football but at least they would "win the party" in the Big 12.***Conference expansion is all about TV markets......why would the Big 12 be interested in adding MS to their market? My guess is that they wouldn't be.

1bigdawg
03-31-2017, 11:34 AM
Conference expansion is all about TV markets......why would the Big 12 be interested in adding MS to their market? My guess is that they wouldn't be.

Right. Memphis would capture the Memphis market better than an out of the SEC UNM would. They would also bleed into Nashville, St Louis and Little Rock a little bit if they were in the Big 12. UNM would have Memphis and bleed into Jackson. Don't over rate UNM's cache if they are out of the SEC, particularly with the ongoing NCAA probation hanging over their heads. Think about it like this; SMU once dominated the Dallas media market and won a post desegregation national championship but the SEC has not even thought about including them.

Now, none of this is more than conjecture based on 1) the death penalty and 2) getting kicked out which is unlikely.

msbulldog
03-31-2017, 12:27 PM
They won't give them a TV ban, the NCAA and the SEC make too much money off of TV. TV bans are gone.

1bigdawg
03-31-2017, 03:07 PM
They won't give them a TV ban, the NCAA and the SEC make too much money off of TV. TV bans are gone.

I agree. They won't do a tv ban because of tv contracts. That does not rule out the death penalty.

Mimi's Babies
03-31-2017, 07:34 PM
They'll just make all of their games the 11:00am SECN game.

If I remember correctly... We play om on Thanksgiving night this year on ESPN.... We do not want them to get a TV ban
just NO MONEY from tv time..... :D

Mimi's Babies
03-31-2017, 07:35 PM
40M loss to a 90M athletic budget is about a 45% hit. I don't know about Dickie's loyalty, but an additional 40M contribution to what he's already contributing is a big jump. I don't know, but that probably is chicken feed to him. Then again maybe the NCAA has their eyes on him?

HUM....... HUM....... HUM.......:rolleyes: