PDA

View Full Version : Brackey's proposed penalties for latest allegations

JohnGalt
09-11-2013, 10:27 PM
With latest news of the courtship of Cox, etc. by agents and representatives external to MSU, we should look ahead as to what this means for the football program and MSU athletics, as a whole.

Some things are certain that we know going in. Under Bracky's Compliant Rules of Compliant Compliance, MSU will surely have to forfeit all games in which the perpetrators participated. Not a problem--MSU faithful (as well as Bracky's superiors) understand that this is a given. Done.

But another question left to answer is exactly how many games this season and into the future will MSU have to forfeit for our negligent institutional control. Is this season and the next sufficient? Seems a bit lite, but Bracky will likely propose that the team clean highways in orange jumpsuits during the planned game times to make sure the penalties are enough.

What about fines? Penn State reportedly had to pay $50MM for covering for a Michael Jackson on its coaching staff. I think we can safely say that Bracky can do better than this precedent. Let's say somewhere in the $45-47MM range. I know, it's a bit aggressive, but hope springs eternal with MSU football.

Our baseball team had several players drafted, so clearly there may have been some illegalities along the way. Combined with the perennial water drain-off concerns at Dudy Noble and their potential implications with the EPA, I think disbanding the baseball program for a decade would give MSU time to take a good look in the mirror and get our house in sound moral order.

Since we may be sued under Title IX for discrimination in only shutting down a men's program, women's something will need to go to prevent dragging MSU into costly litigation. In addition, to really make sure our hands are scrubbed clean, pick the women's program that loses the least money as a precaution. Have to think ahead or MSU athletics could suffer.

These prophylactic measures, plus doing away with the vet school, will ensure that Bracky makes MSU pay for these heinous infractions by taking it right up the ass.

rdnkkicker
09-12-2013, 02:47 AM
With latest news of the courtship of Cox, etc. by agents and representatives external to MSU, we should look ahead as to what this means for the football program and MSU athletics, as a whole.

Some things are certain that we know going in. Under Bracky's Compliant Rules of Compliant Compliance, MSU will surely have to forfeit all games in which the perpetrators participated. Not a problem--MSU faithful (as well as Bracky's superiors) understand that this is a given. Done.

But another question left to answer is exactly how many games this season and into the future will MSU have to forfeit for our negligent institutional control. Is this season and the next sufficient? Seems a bit lite, but Bracky will likely propose that the team clean highways in orange jumpsuits during the planned game times to make sure the penalties are enough.

What about fines? Penn State reportedly had to pay $50MM for covering for a Michael Jackson on its coaching staff. I think we can safely say that Bracky can do better than this precedent. Let's say somewhere in the $45-47MM range. I know, it's a bit aggressive, but hope springs eternal with MSU football.

Our baseball team had several players drafted, so clearly there may have been some illegalities along the way. Combined with the perennial water drain-off concerns at Dudy Noble and their potential implications with the EPA, I think disbanding the baseball program for a decade would give MSU time to take a good look in the mirror and get our house in sound moral order.

Since we may be sued under Title IX for discrimination in only shutting down a men's program, women's something will need to go to prevent dragging MSU into costly litigation. In addition, to really make sure our hands are scrubbed clean, pick the women's program that loses the least money as a precaution. Have to think ahead or MSU athletics could suffer.

These prophylactic measures, plus doing away with the vet school, will ensure that Bracky makes MSU pay for these heinous infractions by taking it right up the ass.

As much as I like these suggested self sanctions, it'd be much simpler to just disband all athletics at MSU. When I say all athletics I'm including club sports, especially disc golf, and intramurals. We should concentrate solely on academic competitions such as the solar car team. After all, MSU is an institution of higher learning.*****

MarketingBully01
09-12-2013, 04:37 AM
I say we do nothing and wish we would have said nothing as nothing will come from this.

starkvegasdawg
09-12-2013, 07:06 AM
As much as I like these suggested self sanctions, it'd be much simpler to just disband all athletics at MSU. When I say all athletics I'm including club sports, especially disc golf, and intramurals. We should concentrate solely on academic competitions such as the solar car team. After all, MSU is an institution of higher learning.*****

Bracky will have to keep at least one sport. If he bans the entire athletics program he will be out of a job and will then be turning in students who did extra credit work for improper benefits.

rdnkkicker
09-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Bracky will have to keep at least one sport. If he bans the entire athletics program he will be out of a job and will then be turning in students who did extra credit work for improper benefits.
He doesn't do that already?

Political Hack
09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
He doesn't turn them in for doing extra credit, he just prevents them from ever doing extra credit in the first place (see Dee Bost). People always try to refute the Bost suspension because he entered the draft. No one ever complained about that. Everyone contained about Dee being given a chance by a professor to do extra work to get his grade up and Bracky reportedly saying "no." That cost him some extra games in top of the draft issue.

FISHDAWG
09-12-2013, 08:27 AM
10 yr self imposed bowl ban **

civildawg
09-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Bowl ban this year **

MadDawg
09-12-2013, 09:45 AM
and retroactive to last year.

slickdawg
09-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Hopefully since it's primarily tied to DJ Fluker, we'll just outsource it to Alabama to investigate, then we'll be found 10000% innocent.

Barking 13
09-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Hopefully since it's primarily tied to DJ Fluker, we'll just outsource it to Alabama to investigate, then we'll be found 10000% innocent.

apparently, Fluker got like 32k, and our gang got a couple plane tickets (to attend a wedding, wink)

Political Hack
09-12-2013, 11:06 AM
apparently, Fluker got like 32k, and our gang got a couple plane tickets (to attend a wedding, wink)

yet CBS's headline focuses on the State portion of this. Y'all seeing the trend here?

Barking 13
09-12-2013, 12:24 PM
yet CBS's headline focuses on the State portion of this. Y'all seeing the trend here?

Sho do! Fowler been to the Library?