PDA

View Full Version : diamond formation

preachermatt83
09-11-2013, 08:52 PM
If we would run the diamond formation with dak at qb and rotate 2 packages of rb's we would be unstoppable..

Package 1: Dak, Holloway, Griffin, Robinson

Package 2: Dak, LP, Shump, Milton

They would always be fresh and there are dozens of plays to be ran out of this set.

hacker
09-11-2013, 09:38 PM
lol, you signed up to post this?

Welcome. But I've seen this idea posted in like 4 different threads already.

It would be cool, tho.

msstate7
09-11-2013, 09:42 PM
I'd be happy to just line up under center in I-formation or 1 back with 2 te's occasionally. I'd use shump in these formations

thf24
09-11-2013, 09:43 PM
I like the idea, but I'm not convinced it would be practical to install and be game ready in one or two weeks as some have suggested. Maybe a little bit of work each week with plans to bring it out in November, but too much or I'd be worried about game planning time being cut short. Definitely something I'd like to see next year.

MSUDawg4Life
09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
It's amazing that an inverted wishbone is considered a novel idea at Mississippi State.

Dawg61
09-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Dude it's the wishbone in the pistol formation. Just crash the edges and that formation gets destroyed.

gravedigger
09-12-2013, 09:54 AM
I saw Green Bay handle it against San Francisco las week at times. I still think we aren't spreading the field enough with quick passes and more mobility at the qb position.

I'm for just being less reliant on the tackles to pocket protect. That said, the diamond formation would seem to fit our multi rb personnel.

Barking 13
09-12-2013, 10:52 AM
If we would run the diamond formation with dak at qb and rotate 2 packages of rb's we would be unstoppable..

Package 1: Dak, Holloway, Griffin, Robinson

Package 2: Dak, LP, Shump, Milton

They would always be fresh and there are dozens of plays to be ran out of this set.

this would make my package grow.... :cool: and throw a little Turtle in for good measure...