PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Stovall

msstate7
03-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Any word on his return?

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Any word on his return?

I hope they don't try and rush him back. A hamstring is something that can linger a while if it doesn't fully heal.

Todd4State
03-27-2017, 04:55 PM
I assume that he will be out this weekend based on Cann's press conference last week but then again Rigby was out too.

I agree about not rushing him back. If it were me I'd bring him back no sooner than South Carolina.

Todd4State
03-27-2017, 05:01 PM
Even worse Rigby is done for the season now due to his stupid groin injury. Frustrating.

I'm only mildly surprised that LA doesn't have to have his finger amputated at this point.

msstate7
03-27-2017, 05:17 PM
Even worse Rigby is done for the season now due to his stupid groin injury. Frustrating.

I'm only mildly surprised that LA doesn't have to have his finger amputated at this point.

Rigby is yet another blow. I thought he was back

Todd4State
03-27-2017, 06:16 PM
He's having surgery on his groin.

The Federalist Engineer
03-28-2017, 07:59 AM

Do you think he will get drafted, even missing the year? Any chance he can get a redshirt, so he is not forced into the draft to get a decent bonus?

maroonmania
03-28-2017, 08:53 AM

How did he go from being back enough to pitch an inning this weekend to now being done and needing surgery? This team's health is definitely cursed somehow.

Todd4State
03-28-2017, 09:47 AM
Do you think he will get drafted, even missing the year? Any chance he can get a redshirt, so he is not forced into the draft to get a decent bonus?

Someone might draft him but I think he comes back. His bonus will probably be small either way.

maroonmania
03-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Any word on his return?

We need him back but no, we don't need to rush him. Was just over on SPS and replied to a thread about our razor thin infield situation with Stovall out. Boy, guys like Hoover Dog remind me why I post over there so seldom these days. Too many folks over there just want to argue to argue and could care less about having any sort of discussion. This site is a breath of fresh air after wandering over there.

Tbonewannabe
03-28-2017, 05:17 PM
We need him back but no, we don't need to rush him. Was just over on SPS and replied to a thread about our razor thin infield situation with Stovall out. Boy, guys like Hoover Dog remind me why I post over there so seldom these days. Too many folks over there just want to argue to argue and could care less about having any sort of discussion. This site is a breath of fresh air after wandering over there.

We are playing Cody Brown all over the infield now. That should let you know what kind of situation we are in. We need Bragg to step up at 3rd but he hasn't looked the cleanest over there. Rooker has looked decent at 1st. I guess Cole Gordon is concentrating on pitching now. That is probably his best chance in the minors because jobu no like the curve ball.

CadaverDawg
03-28-2017, 05:24 PM
We are playing Cody Brown all over the infield now. That should let you know what kind of situation we are in. We need Bragg to step up at 3rd but he hasn't looked the cleanest over there. Rooker has looked decent at 1st. I guess Cole Gordon is concentrating on pitching now. That is probably his best chance in the minors because jobu no like the curve ball.

You must have missed Sunday's game if you think Rooker has looked decent at 1B...he was bad. Granted, that's not his position, but I'd love to start Bragg at 1B and get Rook back at DH...especially the way Bragg is starting to hit

Goldendawg
03-28-2017, 05:28 PM
According to a close source, doctor said little that they could do for LA's knuckle but tape it and let him play if he could stand the pain. I guess he will continue to bat left handed to protect it to some degree until it's better.

raymond21
03-28-2017, 05:48 PM
Stovall to play this weekend per Can

Todd4State
03-28-2017, 05:59 PM

Hoover is Goat.

Todd4State
03-28-2017, 06:01 PM
Stovall to play this weekend per Can

I just have a bad feeling we're rushing him back. I hope I'm wrong.

maroonmania
03-28-2017, 08:32 PM
Hoover is Goat.

Well, guess that figures.