PDA

View Full Version : Severe Weather

starkvegasdawg
03-27-2017, 01:48 PM
Those of you in north MS need to be weather aware this afternoon. There is currently a storm near Falkner heading towards the general direction of Corinth that is tornado warned and also capable of dropping baseball size hail. Severe storms will continue to develop over north MS this afternoon and evening. The main threat area will be east of I-55 and north of Hwy 82 with the threat increasing the further north you get to the TN border. All in all, this is not expected to be a high end event, but if you are under a storm dropping 3" hail then it really doesn't matter how many other storms there were.

Additionally, the entire state needs to be potentially weather aware this Thursday as a potentially more potent system swings through. This system could, I stress, could, carry more of a tornado threat with it. From what I have been able to determine reading discussions on this storm system is it will come down to whether or not storms that are expected to develop Wednesday night have a major stabilizing effect on the atmosphere. If not, then Thursday could be fun.

Beyond that, I'm keeping an eye on a couple of possible systems next week, but way too early to get into specifics on those. Let's just say I'm looking at accrued vacation time with a scowl and pissed off I had to burn a lot of it with the flu a couple weeks ago.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Pic from Stingray's Twitter...taken around Ashland,MS

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C78hRcQVMAARriu.jpg

SaintDawg
03-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Additionally, the entire state needs to be potentially weather aware this Thursday as a potentially more potent system swings through. This system could, I stress, could, carry more of a tornado threat with it. From what I have been able to determine reading discussions on this storm system is it will come down to whether or not storms that are expected to develop Wednesday night have a major stabilizing effect on the atmosphere. If not, then Thursday could be fun.

Beyond that, I'm keeping an eye on a couple of possible systems next week, but way too early to get into specifics on those. Let's just say I'm looking at accrued vacation time with a scowl and pissed off I had to burn a lot of it with the flu a couple weeks ago.

Any idears on where the storm energy concentration will be Thursday? South? Central? North?

starkvegasdawg
03-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Any idears on where the storm energy concentration will be Thursday? South? Central? North?

Right now the SPC has the entire state of MS as potentially being impacted. That could be fine tuned the closer we get to the event.