PDA

View Full Version : Baylor guard Alexis Jones on Morgan's play

blacklistedbully
03-27-2017, 12:00 PM
"She wasn't supposed to be able to shoot like that," senior guard Alexis Jones said of William. "But, it was difficult to get (through all the) screens. If you followed her, she was probably going to take you off the dribble. If you try to go over the top, they were moving and bringing up the screen a little higher. So, when she caught the ball, she was just pulling it. It was just her night for those things to go in."

mstatefan91
03-27-2017, 12:03 PM
They haven't watched Morgan play very much then. The only reason Morgan doesn't average 20 ppg is because Morgan doesn't shoot as often as she should.

WSOPdawg
03-27-2017, 12:06 PM
They haven't watched Morgan play very much then. The only reason Morgan doesn't average 20 ppg is because Morgan doesn't shoot as often as she should.

Absolutely 100% correct. All the espn pundits were talking about how she only averaged 3.5 points per game in ncaa tourney's 1st three games, but her points weren't needed in those 1st three games. Why don't they (and apparently baylor scouting reports) look at the 10 ppg she averaged in regular season? They all act like she came out of nowhere and we're lucky she decided to show up for that one game.

BeardoMSU
03-27-2017, 12:12 PM
Absolutely 100% correct. All the espn pundits were talking about how she only averaged 3.5 points per game in ncaa tourney's 1st three games, but her points weren't needed in those 1st three games. Why don't they (and apparently baylor scouting reports) look at the 10 ppg she averaged in regular season? They all act like she came out of nowhere and we're lucky she decided to show up for that one game.

They also must've not payed attention to her use of screens in the regular season. Her mid-range pick and pop is about as automatic as you can get from a point guard.

basedog
03-27-2017, 01:40 PM
What a humble lady Mo is, legend indeed!

smootness
03-27-2017, 01:48 PM

Yup. I thought she was our best player all year.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Someone needs to tell Alexis Jones that Morgan is getting sprinkles on her Ice Cream

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-22-2015/n4ysVe.gif

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2017, 03:25 PM
Yup. I thought she was our best player all year.

She also already set the career assists record with another 2 games and a season to go.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-27-2017, 03:36 PM
If they had scouted her just in the NCAA Tourney I could understand her logic. Morgan was 4-16 FG & 0-2 3FG in the 1st 3 games of the tourney. Also she's not known as a 3pt shooter at all. She had made 14 3's all year shooting 31% & then made 6 last night.

mstatefan91
03-27-2017, 03:40 PM
If they had scouted her just in the NCAA Tourney I could understand her logic. Morgan was 4-16 FG & 0-2 3FG in the 1st 3 games of the tourney. Also she's not known as a 3pt shooter at all. She had made 14 3's all year shooting 31% & then made 6 last night.

But if you are only scouting based on the tourney then you aren't doing your job. (Referring to Baylor)

Ifyouonlyknew
03-27-2017, 03:44 PM
But if you are only scouting based on the tourney then you aren't doing your job. (Referring to Baylor)

I agree. If you scout her on her career also Morgan would be what the 4th maybe 5th person on the team you would expect to make 6 3's in a game. This isn't a knock on Morgan or an excuse for Baylor but she's definitely not a good 3pt shooter & normally doesn't attempt a ton. That's how I knew she was feeling it she was coming off those screens instead of curling she was fading to the corner for the 3.

mstatefan91
03-27-2017, 03:55 PM
I agree. If you scout her on her career also Morgan would be what the 4th maybe 5th person on the team you would expect to make 6 3's in a game. This isn't a knock on Morgan or an excuse for Baylor but she's definitely not a good 3pt shooter & normally doesn't attempt a ton. That's how I knew she was feeling it she was coming off those screens instead of curling she was fading to the corner for the 3.

True. Not knocking them on the 3's. Nobody could have predicted that but to pretend that Morgan William isn't capable of scoring is just delusional and why they lost.

It sounds to me like Baylor coaches and players just kind of expected to win because they are Baylor and were due.

basedog
03-27-2017, 03:55 PM
Best quote I ever heard while watching The Voice one night, "you don't have to be great all the time, just when it matters"!

Ifyouonlyknew
03-27-2017, 04:06 PM
True. Not knocking them on the 3's. Nobody could have predicted that but to pretend that Morgan William isn't capable of scoring is just delusional and why they lost.

It sounds to me like Baylor coaches and players just kind of expected to win because they are Baylor and were due.

There was definitely a lack of respect when that game started from Baylor to MSU.

msbulldog
03-27-2017, 04:07 PM

I guess we showed them.