PDA

View Full Version : Was this weekend sweep the results of CANN kicking some can's

Offshore Dawg
03-27-2017, 08:21 AM
Some of you have posted about the need for an attitude adjustment. Also point out how terrible the team is and have no chance of having a winning season.
So did the Dawgs play better or does Tennessee just suck mule dicks.

louisvilledawg
03-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Combination of both. Tennessee blows.

WSOPdawg
03-27-2017, 08:40 AM
There's an old saying regarding sports teams -- a team is never as bad as they look in an ugly loss (or series) and a team is never as good as they look in a well-played win (or series).

That said, we do have roster and pitching concerns due to injuries and attrition, but we aren't as bad as we seemed in the season opening series loss to Arky, but we also aren't near as good as we appeared in the weekend's series sweep of UT.

I've seen enough of our pitching to think we should be able to make a regional but I think we can all agree that we are a middle-of-the-pack SEC team and not having to play Florida or Vandy this year really helps us make a run for .500 in league play.

shoeless joe
03-27-2017, 09:02 AM
Baseball isn't football or basketball in that getting hyped and being energetic really doesn't benefit you. Focus and mental state are much more important. At the same time it doesn't matter how mentally focused and prepared you are, if the other team had a guy throwin 96 with a hook then you're prolly not gonna run up the score.

All cann can do is get us prepared to play as well as possible. The players have to have an effective approach, execute that approach, and not miss an opportunity when it arises. All of that is easier said than done.

95% of all college programs prepare physically almost the exact same way. The difference is in the mindset of each individual and the mental approach of the team.

Todd4State
03-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Arkansas was a bad match up for us too. They lead the SEC in strikeouts and we strikeout a lot. They also lead the SEC in home runs and I think most of their runs came off of those. No question there were some off the field attitude problems but it sounds like Cann fixed most of those. I agree that middle of the pack in the SEC is a fair assessment for where we are right now and by new year I think we could be a contender again depending on how much time we spend on the road next year.

We have to start winning midweek games and winning games on the road. This would be a good week to start.

msstate7
03-27-2017, 09:49 AM
Arkansas was a bad match up for us too. They lead the SEC in strikeouts and we strikeout a lot. They also lead the SEC in home runs and I think most of their runs came off of those. No question there were some off the field attitude problems but it sounds like Cann fixed most of those. I agree that middle of the pack in the SEC is a fair assessment for where we are right now and by new year I think we could be a contender again depending on how much time we spend on the road next year.

We have to start winning midweek games and winning games on the road. This would be a good week to start.

Absolutely huge week. We come out 2-2 and I'm feeling pretty good about the rest of the season.

WeWonItAll(Most)
03-27-2017, 11:09 AM

I'm worried about this. Midweek games Are where our lack of pitching depth will really be exposed. I have no idea how we will play two against FIU next week.