PDA

View Full Version : Buy/Sell: WBK is Poised to be Best MSU Program for the Next Several Years

TXDawg
03-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Incredible game tonight. After competing strong for four quarters, the Lady Dawgs dominated in OT.

We lose Okorie, Dillingham, Richardson, and Chapel. To replace them, we have McGowan and Blair returning. Not real sure what we have coming back at the 4, but I feel like we have Top 10 players coming back at the 1, 2, 3, and 5. With Vic's recruiting and coaching, I think we're going to be good for a LONG time.

Praise the Lord and Go Dawgs!!

Gutter Cobreh
03-26-2017, 10:05 PM
Didn't we also pick up that 5* transfer earlier this year? Can't remember her name, but I remember the discussion about her attitude or off the court issues. Is she eligible to step in next year?

Also, yes WBK is going to be strong for the next few years.

BrunswickDawg
03-26-2017, 10:05 PM
Buy - we have a ton of talent coming back. Vic has truly built this program the right way.

LC Dawg
03-26-2017, 10:39 PM
Incredible game tonight. After competing strong for four quarters, the Lady Dawgs dominated in OT.

We lose Okorie, Dillingham, Richardson, and Chapel. To replace them, we have McGowan and Blair returning. Not real sure what we have coming back at the 4, but I feel like we have Top 10 players coming back at the 1, 2, 3, and 5. With Vic's recruiting and coaching, I think we're going to be good for a LONG time.

Praise the Lord and Go Dawgs!!

Buy. Those seniors mean a lot to the program but we've got tons of talent and more on the way.

Reason2succeed
03-26-2017, 10:39 PM
Mess around and win a Natty this year and it could get silly around here.

msstatelp1
03-26-2017, 11:01 PM
Easy buy

Commercecomet24
03-26-2017, 11:08 PM
Buy in bulk! Vic setting the bar awful high for our other coaches!

dawgday166
03-27-2017, 07:03 AM
Buy and buy some more.

I've only watched one MSU team that was given a good game plan, executed it, was well-prepared, motivated, and loose playing in big games like this and that's the '96 team (which I picked to go to final 4 and won pool). And of the 2 this one has the edge in depth.

Vic is probably a mid to lower paid SEC coach. He must not care about his salary (but it does need a big bump now) ... he seems to do the whole job, including recruiting to poor ole MSU. The most amazing thing to me was when he sat some starters when they were not producing or playing like he knew they should be playing. That took guts.

2 of our big 3 coaches have some pretty good potential, but just got started building their program. The other one should take some notes.

ETA: Everything I can find says Vic is lowest paid SEC coach.

Political Hack
03-27-2017, 08:01 AM
Pay Vic and it will be. So long as he doesn't return to Texas. I have a feeling someone back home will try to get him. Not sure he'd consider it after his daughter is done, but hopefully he'll want to continue with what he's building here.

smootness
03-27-2017, 08:29 AM
He is not the lowest paid coach in the SEC after his extension a couple years ago, but he certainly will get a raise after this year.

And yes, of course our WBB looks poised to be our best over the next several years. But things can change in a positive way for MBB and baseball in a hurry.

WSOPdawg
03-27-2017, 08:44 AM
Didn't we also pick up that 5* transfer earlier this year? Can't remember her name, but I remember the discussion about her attitude or off the court issues. Is she eligible to step in next year?

Also, yes WBK is going to be strong for the next few years.

Can anyone confirm and provide info?

Liverpooldawg
03-27-2017, 08:55 AM
Buy, sort of. Y'all are so used to poor mouthing about everything that you can't look at the men's programs objectively. There are signs that football might be building toward another big year. Men's basketball is headed in the right direction. I won't comment about baseball because I don't care enough about it to really know what things look like down the road. I do know we are about to have the best stadium in college baseball.

Dawgface
03-27-2017, 09:00 AM
Buy if we keep Vic.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-27-2017, 09:06 AM
Yes it's confirmed, Jordan Danberry. I saw her at the DePaul game.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-27-2017, 09:19 AM
And they are fighting for another year of eligibily for Okorie.

Saltydog
03-27-2017, 09:35 AM
year. We don't have another BIG inside and McCowan is prone to get in foul trouble. Dillingham is so good defensively but I think Jazzmine Holmes and Jordan Sprayberry can give us good play there. Losing both Richardson and Chapel will be tough as well. We're going to be extremely young in some spots next year.

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Buy, sort of. Y'all are so used to poor mouthing about everything that you can't look at the men's programs objectively. There are signs that football might be building toward another big year. Men's basketball is headed in the right direction. I won't comment about baseball because I don't care enough about it to really know what things look like down the road. I do know we are about to have the best stadium in college baseball.

As much doom and gloom as there has been around here but things are looking up for almost all athletics at Mississippi's premier university. Football is on the upswing with one of the longest bowl streaks in the SEC and a great QB for the next two years and beyond. Baseball has a great recruiting class with the best stadium outside of AAA and MLB about to be built. Softball with a new park and we will see how it goes this year but have already beaten Bama once. Track and Field doing well along with Golf and Tennis.

Men's basketball with Howland has a very talented team on campus with great talent coming in for next year. Every stop he has taken a huge jump the third year.

Now the women's basketball team making history as the first women's team from the state of Mississippi to make the Final Four. It would be fitting if the state of Mississippi would get its first National Title in a Big 3 sport from these fantastic ladies who are a great example of what our University stands for.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Sprayberry?? I laughed