PDA

View Full Version : Alright, ladies, you said all year you wanted UConn.

starkvegasdawg
03-26-2017, 09:36 PM
Well you got them. Now, what are you going to do?

Pinto
03-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Beat dat ass.

http://youtu.be/6UEheGtiqcY

I_Spy
03-26-2017, 09:40 PM
Find a way to stop Katie may or someone who bombarded us with 3's I recall. The more we play them can only help us but this time maybe we won't be as intimidated of course with the lineup they had last year, who wouldn't have been? 3 of their players went 1,2,3 in the draft I think.

TXDawg
03-26-2017, 09:48 PM
They had the top 4 WNBA picks in last year's draft.

msstate7
03-26-2017, 09:52 PM
They had the top 4 WNBA picks in last year's draft.

Top 3, but still

I_Spy
03-26-2017, 09:59 PM
Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck

And Katie was a bit much for us. We can redeem ourselves though.

Offshore Dawg
03-26-2017, 10:06 PM
the men's team should be in Dallas Friday, routing for the Girls. And maybe they can pick up a few pointers on how a "TEAM" plays

Hot Rock
03-26-2017, 10:33 PM
Final Four appearance was ceiling... they met that. I have no idea if they will loose by 60 to UConn or if they can make it competitive but I will be paying attention.

This reminds me of the USA win vs Russia in the 80? Olympics. Semi-final match against the team of the century but they won. If they had lost the championship, what then?

I would take the win vs UConn and my chances in the title game.

LC Dawg
03-26-2017, 10:34 PM
I'd love to see Oregon upset them but if not I hope they win by 60. Maybe we can catch them looking ahead to the championship game.

Hot Rock
03-26-2017, 10:35 PM
UConn is not there... yet, but I fully expect them in the final four.

Gutter Cobreh
03-27-2017, 08:22 AM
I'd love to see Oregon upset them but if not I hope they win by 60. Maybe we can catch them looking ahead to the championship game.

No, no, no. I would like for us to have the shot at breaking that undefeated streak. Think of the publicity and recognition that would bring our girls and this team!

We have nothing to lose at this point, so no reason to come out tight. They have reached what they were playing for, so let it all hang out now and go for the knockout.

Ari Gold
03-27-2017, 08:44 AM
You wan to play uconnn..
Reason why is . No one will remember out side the winning universities fan base who wins the championship 5-10 years from now.
But whoever knocks of Uconn and ends the streak will always be remembered . And esp if it's done in the final four.

Just like no one remembers who won the NCAA men's championship 5 years ago but everyone knows Norte Dame ended UCLA streak back in 1974.

Maroon Blood
03-27-2017, 08:46 AM
Somehow, some way keep it close to start the 4th quarter. This is where we are experienced, and they are not. Its a tall order, but that's the recipe to win.

WSOPdawg
03-27-2017, 08:48 AM
Final Four appearance was ceiling... they met that. I have no idea if they will loose by 60 to UConn or if they can make it competitive but I will be paying attention.

This reminds me of the USA win vs Russia in the 80? Olympics. Semi-final match against the team of the century but they won. If they had lost the championship, what then?

I would take the win vs UConn and my chances in the title game.

While still the cream of the WBB NCAA world, UConn is not near the team they were last year. Yeah, there still at the top of the mountain, but I think we've all noticed a little Bulldog magic with this team. That said, "why not us?" Why can't we be the ones to end UConn's winning streak?

One thing for sure, I'm enjoying this ride as much as the '96 ride. :)

Reason2succeed
03-27-2017, 09:28 AM
And if our girls can beat UConn then there's no reason why Mullen can't beat Bama. Go get it girls.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-27-2017, 09:32 AM
They played Oregon already?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-27-2017, 09:37 AM
This team has won how many championships? How many games in a row have they won? You think this is the type of team to "look ahead" and slip up?

msstate7
03-27-2017, 09:41 AM
And if our girls can beat UConn then there's no reason why Mullen can't beat Bama. Go get it girls.

Uconn's women are more dominant than Saban has ever been.

dawgday166
03-27-2017, 09:45 AM

LOL ... right!! We can hope I guess.

Not sure Dan goes about his job in same manner as Vic. With the team and coach I watched last night, I would be much less surprised if we upset UConn than if we upset Bama in football. Not saying I wouldn't be very surprised if we won next weekend.

smootness
03-27-2017, 09:50 AM
You wan to play uconnn..
Reason why is . No one will remember out side the winning universities fan base who wins the championship 5-10 years from now.
But whoever knocks of Uconn and ends the streak will always be remembered . And esp if it's done in the final four.

Just like no one remembers who won the NCAA men's championship 5 years ago but everyone knows Norte Dame ended UCLA streak back in 1974.

Yes, people do remember who won the men's championship 5 years ago haha. And I am by no means a regular follower of women's basketball, and even I know the only women's teams to win a title recently are UConn, Baylor, and A&M. It would be a bigger deal to win the national title than to beat UConn. Now, if we beat them on the way that's fine...but I would rather play Oregon than UConn. Without question.

Ari Gold
03-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Yes, people do remember who won the men's championship 5 years ago haha. And I am by no means a regular follower of women's basketball, and even I know the only women's teams to win a title recently are UConn, Baylor, and A&M. It would be a bigger deal to win the national title than to beat UConn. Now, if we beat them on the way that's fine...but I would rather play Oregon than UConn. Without question.

I have forgotten more about sports in general than half the people on this board know and off the top of my head I have no idea who won it 5 years ago.
And neither do half of college basketball gurus. Bet I bet 99.9% of them know ND beat UCLA and thatvwas over 40 years ago...
Of course it's an easier path to the finals if Uconn were to lose tonight . And In 5 years no one outside of MSU fans would know who won the title if we did but they would all know Oregon St slayed the Giant and that's all that will be talked about .. The point is you beat Uconn and then win the whole thing it's something that will be remembered and talked about in women's basketball for decades to come.. Hell just beat Uconn and lose in the finals and ur still the team that stopped the streak In the final four. For sure I would take a Natty over a Uconn upset but u still have the finals to win.. Another example most everyone remembers Duke upset of Unlv in 1991 .. but prob 3/4 don't know who they beat in the finals..
And I will almost guarantee you that you had no idea who won the 2011 NCAA men's championship off the top of your head.. and if you did you were either there or had mad $$ on it .
Uconn beat Butler.. yeah I had to look it up .. I actually thought it was Duke over Butler and that was 2010 and the only way I remembered that was because of Butler . First time there and the half court shot that alomost went In..

DancingRabbit
03-27-2017, 10:26 AM
Many people don't remember that after USA Hockey defeated Russia in 1980, they still had to beat Finland to win the gold.

That said, I'm torn on the question. To me a natty is the bigger deal however it happens.

thedawg
03-27-2017, 10:29 AM
If we follow up wins vs Washington and Baylor with ending Uconn's streak and then defeating South Carolina the way they have had our number lately they will be making a 30 for 30 about it

Gutter Cobreh
03-27-2017, 10:35 AM
I have forgotten more about sports in general than half the people on this board know and off the top of my head I have no idea who won it 5 years ago.

Thank you for bringing some sanity back into the discussion!!

You are spot on and anyone here disputing isn't being honest with themselves. This year, breaking the 110 game UCONN winning streak is more important than winning the title. It will push the program higher than actually winning the title, in my opinion.

From an individual perspective, if I say Bryce Drew what comes to mind first? The shot he hit against Ole Miss nearly 20 years ago or that he's the current men's basketball coach at Vandy?

Ari Gold
03-27-2017, 10:57 AM
Thank you for bringing some sanity back into the discussion!!

You are spot on and anyone here disputing isn't being honest with themselves. This year, breaking the 110 game UCONN winning streak is more important than winning the title. It will push the program higher than actually winning the title, in my opinion.

From an individual perspective, if I say Bryce Drew what comes to mind first? The shot he hit against Ole Miss nearly 20 years ago or that he's the current men's basketball coach at Vandy?

Agree... the only thing I differ with is that if we could be promised one or the other. A Natty or ending the streak you chose the natty. Only Thing better would have been chance to end the streak in the title game. (Clemson over Bama football)
And after last years curb stomping if you are a competitor and an athlete you want to play them again.

smootness
03-27-2017, 10:57 AM
And neither do half of college basketball gurus. Bet I bet 99.9% of them know ND beat UCLA and thatvwas over 40 years ago...
Of course it's an easier path to the finals if Uconn were to lose tonight . And In 5 years no one outside of MSU fans would know who won the title if we did but they would all know Oregon St slayed the Giant and that's all that will be talked about .. The point is you beat Uconn and then win the whole thing it's something that will be remembered and talked about in women's basketball for decades to come.. Hell just beat Uconn and lose in the finals and ur still the team that stopped the streak In the final four. For sure I would take a Natty over a Uconn upset but u still have the finals to win.. Another example most everyone remembers Duke upset of Unlv in 1991 .. but prob 3/4 don't know who they beat in the finals..
And I will almost guarantee you that you had no idea who won the 2011 NCAA men's championship off the top of your head.. and if you did you were either there or had mad $$ on it .
Uconn beat Butler.. yeah I had to look it up .. I actually thought it was Duke over Butler and that was 2010 and the only way I remembered that was because of Butler . First time there and the half court shot that alomost went In..

If you name me a year, I might not be able to immediately produce the champion that year. But ask me to list the programs who have won national titles recently and it's pretty easy if you pay attention at all - Villanova, UConn, Louisville, Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, Florida (men's, I already did it with women's)...if a program like Mississippi State won the national title that would absolutely be a huge story no matter who we beat, and people would remember that.

Yes, of course beating UConn on the way would make it an even bigger story. I'm not questioning that. But I'd rather the far better odds of beating Oregon than taking my chances with UConn. If I had hindsight, of course I'd take a win over UConn instead of a win over Oregon; it's just that those odds are incredibly smaller.

And I bet more people could tell you that Duke won the national title in 1991 and 1992 than would remember who they beat on the way there.

Ari Gold
03-27-2017, 11:41 AM
If you name me a year, I might not be able to immediately produce the champion that year. But ask me to list the programs who have won national titles recently and it's pretty easy if you pay attention at all - Villanova, UConn, Louisville, Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, Florida (men's, I already did it with women's)...if a program like Mississippi State won the national title that would absolutely be a huge story no matter who we beat, and people would remember that.

Yes, of course beating UConn on the way would make it an even bigger story. I'm not questioning that. But I'd rather the far better odds of beating Oregon than taking my chances with UConn. If I had hindsight, of course I'd take a win over UConn instead of a win over Oregon; it's just that those odds are incredibly smaller.

And I bet more people could tell you that Duke won the national title in 1991 and 1992 than would remember who they beat on the way there.

What do you think would have been remembered more by the average fan if it had gone done different
Duke upsets Unlv , ends their perfect , season, revenges the blowout last from previous year and ending UNLV chance to go back to back champ.
Or Kansas knocks of Duke in 1990 finals .
Like I said again if one of the 2 could be promised win the natty or beat Uconn you chose win the natty but that's not promised

If you want to go back and forth and channel your inner Skip Bayless have at it . Im ****ing right and if you ask our girls who they want to play they all would say Ucon. You want that challenge . Cause everyone outside of Starkville will say yeah they won it but Didnt have to play and beat Uconn.

If we win the natty with out beating Uconn.. that's awesome and an amazing accomplishment and the first for MSU.
But If we win the natty and end the streak that's legendary..
Lets be ****ing legends.

smootness
03-27-2017, 11:48 AM
What do you think would have been remembered more by the average fan if it had gone done different
Duke upsets Unlv , ends their perfect , season, revenges the blowout last from previous year and ending UNLV chance to go back to back champ.
Or Kansas knocks of Duke in 1990 finals .
Like I said again if one of the 2 could be promised win the natty or beat Uconn you chose win the natty but that's not promised

If you want to go back and forth and channel your inner Skip Bayless have at it . Im ****ing right and if you ask our girls who they want to play they all would say Ucon. You want that challenge . Cause everyone outside of Starkville will say yeah they won it but Didnt have to play and beat Uconn.

If we win the natty with out beating Uconn.. that's awesome and an amazing accomplishment and the first for MSU.
But If we win the natty and end the streak that's legendary..
Lets be ****ing legends.

My point is simply that beating, say, Oregon/SC for the title would probably be something like 35-40% odds for us. Beating UConn alone would be more in the neighborhood of about 2% odds.

Since I'd rather have a national title than beat UConn, I'll go with the much higher odds of winning the whole thing.

And honestly, I'm not even that concerned with what people outside Starkville say or remember about it. Why do I care about that? I want a national title. I'm not saying it's a huge negative if we play UConn, I'm just saying that if I'm choosing, give me Oregon.

But yeah, you've brought 'I have forgotten more about sports in general than half the people on this board' and 'I'm ****ing right,' but I'm Skip Bayless...

Quaoarsking
03-27-2017, 12:17 PM
I think there's a generation gap issue here. I think Notre Dame beating UCLA 50 years ago is a lot more obscure than Kentucky and Anthony Davis winning the title in 2012.

RocketDawg
03-27-2017, 03:02 PM
I think there's a generation gap issue here. I think Notre Dame beating UCLA 50 years ago is a lot more obscure than Kentucky and Anthony Davis winning the title in 2012.

Depends on how old you are I guess. I remember seeing that game on a B&W television ... it has to be the best game every played.

LC Dawg
03-27-2017, 03:15 PM

I'm with you and I guess we're in the minority. I just want Mississippi State to win a national championship in anything and I don't care who remembers it in five years. Most sports fans can't tell you that Mississippi State went to a Final Four in 1996 but that doesn't make the memories of that run any less satisfying to me.

biggun
03-27-2017, 05:55 PM
We will have to play a near perfect game to beat UCONN and with that being said, I don't see it happening. There were a couple of times last night that Baylor looked like they were seizing momentum and about to pull away due to our poor shot selection coupled with bad transition defense. UCONN won't let up like Baylor did nor will they allow 1 player to beat them. They are just a whole different animal.

If we can keep it competitive and stay within 10, I will be happy. Unfortunately, I see around a 20 point L but still an incredible season and a program with an actual opportunity to elevate itself to elite status if we can keep our HC.

drunkernhelldawg
03-27-2017, 06:13 PM

Great post. Banners and titles are the best, but the bottom line is great competition and high level play.

msstate7
03-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Yeah, we may say we want uconn. We don't want uconn. They're way too good

drunkernhelldawg
03-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Yeah, we may say we want uconn. We don't want uconn. They're way too good

Could you give us at least a ten percent chance?

msstate7
03-27-2017, 06:25 PM
Could you give us at least a ten percent chance?

I think that's actually about our real chance

I_Spy
03-27-2017, 06:56 PM
We want UCONN!

smootness
03-27-2017, 07:35 PM
I think that's actually about our real chance

I think it's way lower than that. Possible, but incredibly unlikely.

Reason2succeed
03-27-2017, 08:36 PM
The question is if our men's team could beat UConn? I'm not sure.

msstate7
03-27-2017, 08:58 PM

Come on mane... we'd absolutely destroy them.

Intramural All-American
03-27-2017, 09:06 PM
You don't hang banners for beating UCONN. You don't get listed as a champion for beating UConn. Winning a championship is much more important and long standing than ending a streak. Winning a championship would be much more valuable for long term success than beating uconn.

Intramural All-American
03-27-2017, 09:07 PM

Every men's bball team in division one would kill UConn. It's apples and oranges.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Eventually sombody will beat UConn. Nobody goes undefeated forever. It might as well be us.

Quaoarsking
03-27-2017, 09:43 PM

We would literally just pass it to Herard every possession and have him dunk it in. The only way they could hang is Katie Lou hit 40 3s or something.

DawgRockur
03-27-2017, 10:21 PM
We would literally just pass it to Herard every possession and have him dunk it in. The only way they could hang is Katie Lou hit 40 3s or something.

Did you watch Herard try to dunk this season? That would never work.

drunkernhelldawg
03-28-2017, 09:37 AM
Full court press

No stupid fouls

protect the ball

good shot selection

hit threes

stay up after mistakes (one play at a time)

I_Spy
03-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Did you watch Herard try to dunk this season? That would never work.

UCONN women would beat our men's team in horse all day, everyday. That's without question. The women would probably steal passes and run back layups like north M

Katie Lou is 43.7 3 pt percentage

mstatefan91
03-28-2017, 01:49 PM
UCONN women would beat our men's team in horse all day, everyday. That's without question. The women would probably steal passes and run back layups like north M

Katie Lou is 43.7 3 pt percentage

Are they using the men's size ball or women's? That would make a huge difference either way.

I_Spy
03-28-2017, 01:55 PM
State women have to protect ball and prevent turnovers and cover everybody and watch the circling to the top of the key bc it's always wide open.

Which that shot is always open in every game I watch.

I_Spy
03-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Are they using the men's size ball or women's? That would make a huge difference either way.

They said the same thing about softball when Monica Abbot struck out major league hitters...easily

But the hitters were like...yeah she's tough

For those who don't keep, a few softball players married to major league guys and it's known they can pitch...you know what I'm saying

smootness
03-28-2017, 01:59 PM
They said the same thing about softball when Monica Abbot struck out major league hitters...easily

It's not a question that any men's D1 (or probably D2 or D3) basketball team would beat even UConn.

starkvegasdawg
03-28-2017, 02:03 PM
You don't hang banners for beating UCONN. You don't get listed as a champion for beating UConn. Winning a championship is much more important and long standing than ending a streak. Winning a championship would be much more valuable for long term success than beating uconn.

Fortunately, in this scenario we have the opportunity to do both.

mstatefan91
03-28-2017, 02:37 PM

For those who don't keep, a few softball players married to major league guys and it's known they can pitch...you know what I'm saying

Ok? That's still not the same thing as basketball. Speed, length, jumping, shooting, body control...

Bit different than pitching

mstatefan91
03-28-2017, 02:39 PM
It's not a question that any men's D1 (or probably D2 or D3) basketball team would beat even UConn.

Just like it isn't a question that even the lowly Cleveland Browns could beat any college football team.. Can't be compared. The athletes are at a different level.

Reason2succeed
03-28-2017, 02:59 PM
Gosh y'all need these *** on every post. I would think there would be times when the sarcasm speaks for itself.

I_Spy
03-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Now I'm not saying in basketball the best girls could beat the best guys, I understand that. But the best girls can beat a lot of men. I'm not a boot wearing feminist type.

sandwolf
03-28-2017, 04:18 PM
But the best girls can beat a lot of men.Haha, no they couldn't. Our men's team would pretty much name the score against Uconn.

msujan
03-28-2017, 07:05 PM
the men's team should be in Dallas Friday, routing for the Girls. And maybe they can pick up a few pointers on how a "TEAM" plays

Our Men's team will be in Dallas this weekend to ROOT for our WOMEN (not girls)?? That would be great but I haven't heard anything about that.

Quaoarsking
03-28-2017, 07:46 PM
Now I'm not saying in basketball the best girls could beat the best guys, I understand that. But the best girls can beat a lot of men. I'm not a boot wearing feminist type.

I am a boot wearing feminist type, but that doesn't stop me from concluding that UConn would lose to every D1 men's basketball team. Only 7 women's players have ever dunked in the history of NCAA basketball (and none of them are on UConn's team right now). There's more than 7 dunkers on most men's basketball teams.

Yeah, UConn could force some turnovers, and the men's team could just play like uninspired shit, but I see no reason why they couldn't get the dunk in on 75% of their possessions. That's 1.5 PPP - way more than any basketball team of any gender averages.

It's not important though - it doesn't take away from what UConn has accomplished, or what we've accomplished, or what we will accomplish if we win Friday, just like it doesn't take anything away from Alabama that the Browns would roll them by 30 points or more.

shannondawg
03-28-2017, 10:10 PM
Years ago, they had a game between all star college players and a pro team. It kicked off the season.

Intramural All-American
03-29-2017, 12:14 AM
I am a boot wearing feminist type, but that doesn't stop me from concluding that UConn would lose to every D1 men's basketball team. Only 7 women's players have ever dunked in the history of NCAA basketball (and none of them are on UConn's team right now). There's more than 7 dunkers on most men's basketball teams.

Yeah, UConn could force some turnovers, and the men's team could just play like uninspired shit, but I see no reason why they couldn't get the dunk in on 75% of their possessions. That's 1.5 PPP - way more than any basketball team of any gender averages.

It's not important though - it doesn't take away from what UConn has accomplished, or what we've accomplished, or what we will accomplish if we win Friday, just like it doesn't take anything away from Alabama that the Browns would roll them by 30 points or more.

Exactly, it takes nothing away from UCONN because they are the greatest sports dynasty ever. However, men and women are not a level playing field when it comes to basketball. We were the 12th best SEC team yet all of our starters other than PG would be bigger than UCONNs biggest player. They couldn't guard us, and we could legitimately full court press and get a turnover 90% of the time just due to shear size and athleticism. It's just not comparable.

Dawg61
03-29-2017, 12:18 AM

If Abbot is pitching overhand with a baseball she gets her shit rocked before she can get out the 1st inning. She'd give up 50 runs to MLB hitters

dawgday166
03-29-2017, 04:30 AM
UConn is a sports dynasty. One of the premier ones of all time. I'm somewhat afeered to say what I'm fixin to cause I don't want to jinx our gals.

Our gals can play. They had to beat Baylor (in essentially a home game for Baylor) and the refs the other night and I almost never say that. Most of the time calls kinda even out (except when Bammer is playing football or Duke is playing bball). Baylor's Big traveled so many times down low on her pump fakes and moves to score it was somewhat ridiculous. It was almost like NBA traveling rules. And that is only one aspect of the bad calls I thought we got. The no call on the over the back at the end I thought was gonna be the back breaker for us ... but then our gals stole the in bounds pass.

I haven't watched UConn. Wanted to Monday night but had another commitment and forgot to record it. But I tend to believe that if we play loose and relaxed like the other night, play extreme D like the other night, and don't let the Final Four moment become too much for them mentally, we have a fighting chance in this one. I believe we can keep it close and may could have a shot at the end.

But then again ... I haven't watched UConn. If I did I could possibly go "Wow, and I thought our gals were pretty good!"

No matter what happens tho ... I'm proud of them and Vic has done a helluva job.

smootness
03-29-2017, 08:27 AM
Pretty much every women's team in the country now, and absolutely all of the top teams, practices against male students at the school who are not on basketball scholarship. These are guys that played in HS but weren't good enough to get a college scholarship to play. Why? Because they offer better competition than the other girls on the team.

So a team of non-scholarship guys who played in HS can beat UConn. Therefore, our men's team and everyone else's would completely and utterly destroy them. It's not a discussion.

I_Spy
03-29-2017, 02:53 PM
If Abbot is pitching overhand with a baseball she gets her shit rocked before she can get out the 1st inning. She'd give up 50 runs to MLB hitters

Bravo Person, Bravo!

Jack Lambert
03-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Just for the record I think the egg came first.

drunkernhelldawg
03-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Pretty much every women's team in the country now, and absolutely all of the top teams, practices against male students at the school who are not on basketball scholarship. These are guys that played in HS but weren't good enough to get a college scholarship to play. Why? Because they offer better competition than the other girls on the team.

So a team of non-scholarship guys who played in HS can beat UConn. Therefore, our men's team and everyone else's would completely and utterly destroy them. It's not a discussion.

I'd like to see the game.

I wouldn't say UConn would beat any of the NCAAM top 50. I'd be interested to see how they'd do against some of the poorer teams. It is hard to see how a team with two decent post players could be beat by any women's team. But a team with only one good post player may well find its hands full.

smootness
03-29-2017, 04:36 PM
I'd like to see the game.

I wouldn't say UConn would beat any of the NCAAM top 50. I'd be interested to see how they'd do against some of the poorer teams. It is hard to see how a team with two decent post players could be beat by any women's team. But a team with only one good post player may well find its hands full.

The poorer D1 teams? UConn would get destroyed. They practice against male students...because they offer more competition than themselves.

ncteacher
03-29-2017, 09:25 PM
I want to start by saying that I am a longtime Uconn fan. I have several comments that I would like to share. Firstly, MSU has always been my favorite SEC school and I love the fans on the MSU site, you are able to converse in a civil manner and speak logically. This is not the case on another SEC site I often read, where fans are unrealistic, bitter and delusional (strictly my opinion), so I love coming here to see an outside perspective. As far as the discussion about UConn beating a men's team - "NO." None. Never. Geno himself has stated that anyone that says that does not understand the game. He claimed that the guys would win by, "As many as they wanted to." I believe it was Geno who claimed the girls wouldn't score at all. To put it in perspective, a few years ago Uconn's mens team had two guards who were 6'5," which is bigger than any of the current Uconn front line. It is true that Uconn practices with basically an intramural team of men who regularly beat the girls. A decent boy's high school team would beat Uconn's women's team every time. But, that should not take away just how impressive the Uconn team is from a shear clinical basketball standpoint, and what they have accomplished in recent memory. As far as Friday's game, I am seriously nervous as you guys looked great against Baylor, or maybe I was just rooting so hard for your team. I hope that it is a great game (although I obviously have a serious preference about who prevails), and want to congratulate you on this year's accomplishment regardless of who wins. While I never ever, ever.... like never.... want Uconn to lose - but if they do - I could live with it being MSU that did it. Good Luck Friday!

99jc
03-29-2017, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=ncteacher;725933]I want to start by saying that I am a longtime Uconn fan. I have several comments that I would like to share. Firstly, MSU has always been my favorite SEC school and I love the fans on the MSU site, you are able to converse in a civil manner and speak logically. This is not the case on another SEC site I often read, where fans are unrealistic, bitter and delusional (strictly my opinion), so I love coming here to see an outside perspective. As far as the discussion about UConn beating a men's team - "NO." None. Never. Geno himself has stated that anyone that says that does not understand the game. He claimed that the guys would win by, "As many as they wanted to." I believe it was Geno who claimed the girls wouldn't score at all. To put it in perspective, a few years ago Uconn's mens team had two guards who were 6'5," which is bigger than any of the current Uconn front line. It is true that Uconn practices with basically an intramural team of men who regularly beat the girls. A decent boy's high school team would beat Uconn's women's team every time. But, that should not take away just how impressive the Uconn team is from a shear clinical basketball standpoint, and what they have accomplished in recent memory. As far as Friday's game, I am seriously nervous as you guys looked great against Baylor, or maybe I was just rooting so hard for your team. I hope that it is a great game (although I obviously have a serious preference about who prevails), and want to congratulate you on this year's accomplishment regardless of who wins. While I never ever, ever.... like never.... want Uconn to lose - but if they do - I could live with it being MSU that did it.

Could compete with a men's team is as big of an idiot who states Bama football could win against an NFL team even a shitty one.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-30-2017, 09:54 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned that our lady bulldogs practice against guys in practice scrimmages? Scheafer talked about it on his interview on Out of Bounds.

Gutter Cobreh
03-31-2017, 11:30 PM
Bumpity, bump, bump

West Tn Dawg
03-31-2017, 11:38 PM
They kicked that butt!!!!!
HAIL STATE!!!!!!

Ari Gold
04-01-2017, 12:09 AM
Just like I ****ing said . You want to play Uconn. Will be remembered for decades. Now finish the job Sunday. And become Legands.

smootness
04-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Just like I ****ing said . You want to play Uconn. Will be remembered for decades. Now finish the job Sunday. And become Legands.

And just like I said, if we know we'll win, I want it to be over UConn haha.

Just messing with you. I didn't think we could do it because I suck. Truly a win for the ages.