PDA

View Full Version : When Wyatt beat Auburn...

FlabLoser
09-11-2013, 02:19 PM
It was the year Wyatt was QB and made a late comeback to beat Auburn.

Somebody post the youtube. Can't get to that from work.

On the TD play, he zips a ball in that was a gnat's ass from being deflected. I think Wyatt never saw that DB.

Anyway, the play that setup the TD was huge. It was the long pass play to Grindle. What I didn't realize was

1) that play was a fake hail mary. Receivers run toward the endzone, DBs back way off to defend that, then Grindle breaks across the middle of the field wide ass open on a post-like route. Grindle was the primary receiver and Wyatt hits him in stride. Then Grindle runs diagonally stright for the sidelines and goes out of bounds inside the 10.

2) Don't know how I never noticed by it looks like Grindle could have scored on that play. He was probably more concerned with stopping the clock so he kept going straight and out of bounds.

Anyway...didn't know the big play was a fake hail mary and we almost screwed it up by running out of bounds instead of scoring.

Goat Holder
09-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Auburn was also in a prevent.

And I don't know that he could have scored. There were like 3 defenders right on him. Maybe could have gotten another 5 yards from diving and taking a big collision.

angusyoung
09-11-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0C9Vx-VfJc

The quality of this video is all anyone would need to know about Jefferson Pilot.

curmudgeon
09-11-2013, 03:53 PM
You young pups don't know the joys that was the Jefferson Pilot SEC Game of the Week. It was only slightly better than no TV at all. Also invented the 11:30 kickoff.

HD stood for Hey, Dave.

Coach34
09-11-2013, 03:58 PM
and even younger pups dont remember the SEC game of the week started out on TBS in the 1980's with Bob Neal and Tim Foley doing the broadcast

Barking 13
09-11-2013, 04:03 PM
and even younger pups dont remember the SEC game of the week started out on TBS in the 1980's with Bob Neal and Tim Foley doing the broadcast

and that was before ESPN...

angusyoung
09-11-2013, 04:16 PM
What a cluster**** of Daves. Dave Rowe, Dave Neal and Dave "buzz" Baker. I despised Dave Rowe. He was the most retarded of the 3.

After I graduated from State in 99 I was at a wedding shower in Atlanta and Dave Neal was there. Some of the guys were standing around and the topic of Cheetahs closing came up. Dave Neal (who is married btw) says "damn! Where am I gonna get my ***** now?!"

He was a major creep.

drummerdawg
09-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Noticed that the maroon white fight fight fight chant didn't have the wooo in it. Sounded odd without it

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-12-2013, 10:13 AM
We tried to lose that game in typical MSU fashion on the second down play didn't we?

Also, I can't imagine a MSU team completing a last second drive like that...I guess I've never seen one since I've been old enough to remember...

Barking 13
09-12-2013, 10:43 AM
We tried to lose that game in typical MSU fashion on the second down play didn't we?

Also, I can't imagine a MSU team completing a last second drive like that...I guess I've never seen one since I've been old enough to remember...

They actually had several that year, IIRC