PDA

View Full Version : Men's End of Year Hoop Awards

Ari Gold
03-25-2017, 03:02 PM
Not going to list all the awards except for one . Top Defensive Player . iJ Ready..
So for all those that argued with me about his lack of defense well I ****ing told you so..
Proves how little some on here know about the game of basketball..

msstate7
03-25-2017, 03:09 PM
All that tells me is we were really, really poor defensively.

I_Spy
03-25-2017, 03:57 PM
Plum would have scored 38 against them. Seriously tho;)

They could not stop anyone driving to the basket. They did play many people and defense is one thing that is taught so I expect them to get better at that.

SDDawg
03-25-2017, 04:56 PM
Bad basketball team, won't be very good next year either.

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-25-2017, 05:51 PM
I know less about basketball than any other sport, but I love to watch it. I can tell you the difference in a box and 1 and a box of condoms, but I can't tell you what a box and 1 is by itself.

But from watching the tourney the one thing I can see is the effort on both ends of the court from the teams still playing. On a very few occasions did I see a sense of urgency from our team. Whether it was bringing the ball up the court or running our half court offense to running a wide open break. To me, if we want to get to the tourney, I think we're going to have to turn it up a couple of notches on both ends of the court. I don't care how many 4 and 5 stars we have, if they don't put in the effort that I'm seeing in the tourney, we won't be there with them.

That's the first thing I'm going to look for next year.

Tripp McNeely
03-25-2017, 06:01 PM

Ben Howland's history at literally EVERY spot he's been at says you are emphatically incorrect!

SDDawg
03-25-2017, 06:09 PM
Ben Howland's history at literally EVERY spot he's been at says you are emphatically incorrect!

Would be happy to be incorrect.

MarketingBully
03-25-2017, 10:39 PM

This is just flawed thinking with no basis in fact.