PDA

View Full Version : OMG, watching the LSU / UF baseball game

WSOPdawg
03-25-2017, 02:42 PM
and damn if they don't start up with the Kramer Robertson and his mom BS!!! WTH???

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-25-2017, 02:45 PM
I hope they talk about how his mom should have been fired for her comments about the Baylor athletic department scandal.

Ari Gold
03-25-2017, 02:50 PM
It's ESPN it's par for the course.. same network that gave LaVar Ball a platform and air time..
I will actually be shocked if they don't go via satillete to her at Ok City during the game ..

preachermatt83
03-25-2017, 02:50 PM
It makes me want to puke.

Commercecomet24
03-25-2017, 02:53 PM
Don't worry theyre not finished, every time he comes up or makes a play you will get to find out more about his awesome mom and their great relationship. I miss the days when you could just watch sports without all the crap.

GTHOM
03-25-2017, 02:59 PM
For those without a clue, whats the deal with his mom?

I seen it dawg
03-25-2017, 03:01 PM
And after this season you'll never hear from him again

Todd4State
03-25-2017, 03:09 PM

She's the woman's basketball coach at Baylor and that's literally it. And ESPN acts like it's some special story.

WSOPdawg
03-25-2017, 03:10 PM

Oh LSU shortstop Kramer Robertson just has the most amazing mom in the whole wide world and she just happens to be head coach of Baylor WBB but last year when LSU was running to Omaha late in the season, she was all over every telecast like she was the only mom in the world. Must be an ESPN **** that's got a huge crush on her because she got more PT that UCLA's Lonzo Ball.

HereComesTheSpiral
03-25-2017, 03:10 PM
It's ESPN it's par the course.. same network that gave LaVar Ball a platform and air time..
I will actually be shocked if they don't go via satillete to her at Ok City during the game ..

She seems to talk out of her ass a lot.

I seen it dawg
03-25-2017, 03:17 PM
She's a ****ing idiot ****.

GTHOM
03-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Well we will get our chance to shut her up tomorrow

WSOPdawg
03-25-2017, 03:31 PM

True, but its not that we're playing them tomorrow is the reason why I brought it up. It's the fact that tv couldn't show AJ McCarron without showing his girlfriend, Katherine Webb.

When LSU baseball is being shown on tv, why does the camera always and repeatedly have to gravitate to Kramer's mom, it's just stupid and gets as old as the Vandy whistler.

RocketDawg
03-25-2017, 03:47 PM
True, but its not that we're playing them tomorrow is the reason why I brought it up. It's the fact that tv couldn't show AJ McCarron without showing his girlfriend, Katherine Webb.

When LSU baseball is being shown on tv, why does the camera always and repeatedly have to gravitate to Kramer's mom, it's just stupid and gets as old as the Vandy whistler.

Yeah, but that's different ... she's worth looking at, many times over.

The Federalist Engineer
03-25-2017, 04:07 PM
and damn if they don't start up with the Kramer Robertson and his mom BS!!! WTH???

It probably sucks more for LSU people, they probably wish Kramer had gone pro and this were over

HSVDawg
03-25-2017, 04:11 PM
She seems to talk out of her ass a lot.

What were her comments about the Baylor athletic department? She say it was a complete shit show of corruption? Because that would be entirely accurate.

Goldendawg
03-25-2017, 04:13 PM
ESPN laying people off and losing ratings constantly. I just hope they can make enough $ to pay the SEC. I don't watch it nearly as much as I used to. I have a daughter and a son, but I am sick to death of their "arm candy female announcers" who know very little about sports and do color and commentary at so many sporting events. Their political correctness has grown sickening. They are more "entertainment" than sports oriented today. JHO.

WSOPdawg
03-25-2017, 04:26 PM
ESPN laying people off and losing ratings constantly. I just hope they can make enough $ to pay the SEC. I don't watch it nearly as much as I used to. I have a daughter and a son, but I am sick to death of their "arm candy female announcers" who know very little about sports and do color and commentary at so many sporting events. Their political correctness has grown sickening. They are more "entertainment" than sports oriented today. JHO.

Yep, one day these corporations (Target, Starbucks, ESPN, etc) and numerous Hollywood actors will figure out that their PC mindset is costing them customers.

Todd4State
03-25-2017, 04:39 PM

Until we play LSU in baseball in Starkville.

parabrave
03-25-2017, 04:51 PM
Yep, one day these corporations (Target, Starbucks, ESPN, etc) and numerous Hollywood actors will figure out that their PC mindset is costing them customers.

ESPN is owned by Disney. That says it all right there. Sorry but I used to watch Sun nite baseball, now not unless I can mute the TV and listen in on the radio broadcast.

msstate7
03-25-2017, 04:58 PM
ESPN is owned by Disney. That says it all right there. Sorry but I used to watch Sun nite baseball, now not unless I can mute the TV and listen in on the radio broadcast.

How do you go from Jon miller to what they have now? Love miller

Ari Gold

Yeah when John Miller and Joe Morgan are badly missed you have basically hit rock bottom..

HSVDawg

ESPN is the only one of those losing customers, and its because of their crappy content and not their political views. And it works both ways. Chick Fil A has political views on the opposite end of the spectrum and it doesn't cost them a thing because Chick Fil A is tasty as hell.

msstate7
03-25-2017, 05:00 PM
Yeah when John Miller and Joe Morgan are badly missed you have basically hit rock bottom..

Morgan sucks, but I like miller

Commercecomet24
03-25-2017, 05:02 PM
She's a ****ing idiot ****.

+1000

Bully13
03-25-2017, 05:05 PM
What were her comments about the Baylor athletic department? She say it was a complete shit show of corruption? Because that would be entirely accurate.

She went off on those being critical of Baylors athletic program regarding the rape scandal. Basically telling people to stfu and Baylor had nothing to be ashamed of.

HSVDawg
03-25-2017, 05:15 PM
She went off on those being critical of Baylors athletic program regarding the rape scandal. Basically telling people to stfu and Baylor had nothing to be ashamed of.

Ah. So basically the exact opposite of what I said....haha. Yea, that's pretty bad. I wonder if she stands by those comments now.

HereComesTheSpiral
03-25-2017, 05:16 PM

Also said you should punch people in the face if they said they would never come to Baylor

Dawg61
03-25-2017, 05:20 PM
It probably sucks more for LSU people, they probably wish Kramer had gone pro and this were over

https://68.media.tumblr.com/895bc883695aa5a168d75d8035352f7d/tumblr_oegu6hJtUH1tq4of6o1_400.gif

RocketDawg
03-25-2017, 05:27 PM
Ah. So basically the exact opposite of what I said....haha. Yea, that's pretty bad. I wonder if she stands by those comments now.

Her comments were fairly recent ... within the last couple of months. I don't think anything has come out in that timeframe that would make the situation appear any worse. She had all the data in hand when she made her comments.

Todd4State
03-25-2017, 06:04 PM

LOL that is so true. I do agree with others that Miller was pretty good but Morgan drug him down really badly. I thought Orel Hershiser was pretty bad too. I don't like Jessica Mendoza in the booth for MLB either. I know she played softball but she has just as much MLB experience as I do and most the viewers. Give me someone that has actually played at that level. Softball is totally different than MLB because of riseballs, every pitcher throwing underhanded so you manage a staff totally differently and things like that. It's probably more apples and oranges than Men's and Women's basketball.

I can count on my hand the times I've watched baseball on ESPN- MLB Network is FAR superior. They actually focus on real baseball and not all of the other PC crap that people are talking about. I love it when they go around the country and show all of the local broadcasters and they just go from game to game. Pure genius. And they talk about ALL MLB teams and not just the ones in New York, Boston, Chicago, and Los Angeles.

Todd4State
03-25-2017, 06:06 PM
ESPN is the only one of those losing customers, and its because of their crappy content and not their political views. And it works both ways. Chick Fil A has political views on the opposite end of the spectrum and it doesn't cost them a thing because Chick Fil A is tasty as hell.

I think their political views are part of what makes their content crappy. Most people watch sports to get away from that stuff for a few hours.

WSOPdawg
03-25-2017, 06:08 PM
Morgan sucks, but I like miller

I used to love when Jeff Brantley was behind the mike. Also liked Rick Sutcliffe and Orel Hersheiser.

Commercecomet24
03-25-2017, 06:18 PM
I think their political views are part of what makes their content crappy. Most people watch sports to get away from that stuff for a few hours.

I ageee. I don't want political or social commentary mixed with my sports. I used to watch Espn for more than just live sports but it's become unwatchable. Now it's getting to the point even the live sports are getting hard to watch because everyone has to air there views on everything under the sun. Sports used to just be sports. I miss those days.

HSVDawg
03-25-2017, 07:29 PM

I think that plays into it a little bit, but mostly they have a bunch of garbage commentary shows with cartoonish personalities and have turned SportsCenter from 90% highlights / 10% special conmentary into the complete inverse of that. The political commentary is only a very small portion of the problem. Even their actual sports commentary sucks now. Other than the live games and 30 for 30, its just crap programming where they repackage the same commentary / takes over and over again into different shows like Around the Horn, etc. Its just like HGTV does with their umpteen gazillion home makeover shows that are all the same ****ing thing.

At the end of the day though, they have lost subscribers because of people cutting the cord from cable in general, and the majority of those folks never cared about ESPN to begin with. So, those people don't renew it on Sling or Vue or whatever their cable replacement is. Clay Travis did a great article on it a few years ago where he found that something like 80% of cable / satellite subscribers never watched any of the ESPN family of networks, and another 5% said they only watched sparingly. Those stats are hard for us die hard sports fans to believe, but there are an awful lot of people out there who really don't care about them at all. That has way more to do with it than either political commentary or crap programming.

WSOPdawg
03-25-2017, 07:43 PM
I think that plays into it a little bit, but mostly they have a bunch of garbage commentary shows with cartoonish personalities and have turned SportsCenter from 90% highlights / 10% special conmentary into the complete inverse of that. The political commentary is only a very small portion of the problem. Even their actual sports commentary sucks now. Other than the live games and 30 for 30, its just crap programming where they repackage the same commentary / takes over and over again into different shows like Around the Horn, etc. Its just like HGTV does with their umpteen gazillion home makeover shows that are all the same ****ing thing.

At the end of the day though, they have lost subscribers because of people cutting the cord from cable in general, and the majority of those folks never cared about ESPN to begin with. So, those people don't renew it on Sling or Vue or whatever their cable replacement is. Clay Travis did a great article on it a few years ago where he found that something like 80% of cable / satellite subscribers never watched any of the ESPN family of networks, and another 5% said they only watched sparingly. Those stats are hard for us die hard sports fans to believe, but there are an awful lot of people out there who really don't care about them at all. That has way more to do with it than either political commentary or crap programming.

Absolutely correct. The SportsCenter I grew up on with Olberman & Patrick and then Tirico is nothing like it is now. It's been years since I last watched espn SC.

parabrave
03-25-2017, 08:07 PM
The thing about the announcers is that your watching lets say the nats vs the Braves. I want to hear everything that pertains to that particular game. These announcers will be talking about everything that has nothing to do with the televised game. I don't want to hear about the upcoming Yankees-Red Sox series all night long, I do like Kruk though.

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-26-2017, 10:18 AM
Also said you should punch people in the face if they said they would never come to Baylor

Any male coach would have been fired for that comment.

Original48
03-26-2017, 12:58 PM
Oh LSU shortstop Kramer Robertson just has the most amazing mom in the whole wide world and she just happens to be head coach of Baylor WBB but last year when LSU was running to Omaha late in the season, she was all over every telecast like she was the only mom in the world. Must be an ESPN **** that's got a huge crush on her because she got more PT that UCLA's Lonzo Ball.
She has not spoken to her father in 25 years. She has also not allowed him to meet Kramer or his sister so this grandfather doesn't know his grandchildren. She was mad a while back when her dad divorced her mom..then some time later when Mulkey was getting married she would not allow her Dad's new wife to sit with the family. He left the wedding. They haven't spoken since. And of course..Mulkey is now divorced as well.