PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Masterpiece

Reason2succeed
03-25-2017, 05:42 AM
Thinking about last night's WBB game I can't remember a better coached game by an MSU coaching staff than what Vic & Co. did. Maybe Mullen versus LSU in 2014. They forced Washington to play their Husky all game and switched off putting one on one pressure on the Famer Plum. When Osahor was worn out they went almost exclusively to McCowan and let her dominate the 4th quarter. The strategy was obvious when reviewing the game and was just flawlessly implemented.

When Washington went on their run in the 3rd quarter I was getting nervous but it was obvious that our ladies weren't because they knew that Osahor was still on the court and would eventually would have to sit or would be exhausted. The latter happened and by the 4th she was useless.

Can y'all ever remember a more impressive game plan being executed by an MSU team? I can't.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
03-25-2017, 05:50 AM
It was a thing of beauty executed to perfection I loved it!! That was coaching 101 and getting your team prepared to the upmost!! Great job by the coaches and Players!! Hailstate

blacklistedbully
03-25-2017, 10:49 AM
Can y'all ever remember a more impressive game plan being executed by an MSU team? I can't.

Gator Bowl vs Michigan. 2011 Egg Bowl. 2016 Egg.

preachermatt83
03-25-2017, 11:10 AM
It was brilliant!!

WSOPdawg
03-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Agree, Schaefer put a great game plan together and knew that his depth should allow his team to control the 4th quarter.

I do like the new starting 5 because it allows for VV, Dom, Briana to get used to the flow of the game while avoiding cheap fouls early on due to the excitement and having not settled into the game flow yet. Plus, when all players are "fresh" from having not played yet, any 5 players out there can go toe-to-toe for little while in the 1st qtr.

Now what I'm not really sure I agree with is coming out with the same starting 5 to start the 3rd quarter. This past game, it kinda felt like VV found her groove in the 2nd qtr and could've continued on with the zone she was getting in in the 3rd except we then fell back into lackadaisical play and let UW come at us with a rush and overcome our 9-ot halftime lead. Why not come back with Dom guarding Plum and VV in the starting 5 coming out at halftime?

Commercecomet24
03-25-2017, 02:32 PM
Vic is an incredible coach! We need to do whatever it takes to keep him here forever. Just an awesome job!

I_Spy
03-25-2017, 02:44 PM
When I watched Coach Vic at TAMU (hope he doesn't go back) he was serious about Defense, hustle and all that comes with it. To the point you may get benched. Victoria at times is caught standing straight up with someone driving to the basket. It probably drives him nuts. V had a good offensive day, good passing, good rebounding - it was the D.

The plan of going to McCowan was started early and although McCowan missed a few early, he stuck with it and she had a day! Excellent job. Coach of the year in my book.

I applaud Vic on trying to make all his players the best they can be, no matter who they are because it will help them in their respective futures. Complete players.

civildawg
03-25-2017, 02:53 PM
The 2010 Florida game at the swamp was a great coached game as well. I really hope that's the Mullen we get this year

I_Spy
03-25-2017, 03:24 PM
If V reaches the next level that Coach Vic is challenging her to get to and McCowans improvement by next year they may be a natl champions team. The most brill coaching masterpiece ever in all sports nearly.

I_Spy
03-25-2017, 03:24 PM
Over Uconn even

If it would be this year ...it would amaze me but I think they can bc V still has chances

Mimi's Babies
03-25-2017, 05:12 PM
No matter where the Coach or the team are they take a stand...... They let their light shine.... #HAILSTATE and Coach Vic

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/faith/2017/03/this-little-light-of-mine/#.WNWKaC6sP8E.facebook

Ari Gold
03-25-2017, 05:41 PM
One of the top women's coaches in the country no doubt ..
If there was one thing I wish he would do tomorrow and for sure next year . Is go small and playVV some at the 4.. we get very little production on offense from the 4 and it gets more of our scorers on the floor at the same time .
From the games I have watched Richardson and Chapel get lots of open looks in our offense .
Its not like VV is small . She is what 6'1 ??

msbulldog
03-25-2017, 06:11 PM
No matter where the Coach or the team are they take a stand...... They let their light shine.... #HAILSTATE and Coach Vic

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/faith/2017/03/this-little-light-of-mine/#.WNWKaC6sP8E.facebook

+1